March 28, 2024, 05:39:29 PM

Author Topic: The President, His Progress and The Politics of T&T Football.  (Read 20445 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: The President, His Progress and The Politics of T&T Football.
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2015, 06:28:11 AM »
Flex, good interview and Tim Kee not telling all the truth.

The PAN AM team are suffering because of incompetence.

When I spoke to Sancho he said, yes, sometimes the money isn't released quickly, but again, that is people within the Ministry moving slowly on purpose.

Wallace asked for $23,000 for visas the week before the team left. Brent Sancho couldn't believe his ears and said "William, TTFA must have $23,000 for visas." Wallace said they only had $13,000 in the bank. Even if that was true, TTFA would know they needed visas months ago.

The TTFA said they had money from FIFA for a mobile shop. Well it's still sitting there waiting to be wrapped, so where did that money go?

The MOS paid out all of the cabinet note now, I believe, and still no accounts. Everybody has said they want accountability, yet when the MOS try to bring it, They're the bad guys?

Tim-Kee is still lying in the interview

This idea that since I was a member of the TTFF executive and VP during the Warner years I was somehow complicit in the inner dealings, nefarious or otherwise, of the then TTFF is simplistic at best.

You know that I saw lots of TTFF documents. I also had access to emails. There is proof that Tim-Kee knew about Warner's dodgy transactions back in 2008. This will come out eventually.

In minutes of the Executive Committee meetings after my resignation. When I felt information was being withheld, I resigned and focused my attention on developing Futsal.

I have an email from Warner to Tim-Kee where Warner tells him he is fired and being replaced.

I have been a financial benefactor to football for many years. Because of the extent of my financial contributions.

Yet last week he couldn't advance TTFA $10k for visas, but watched as our country was embarrassed?

Holding secrets? I was never one of those  with whom secrets were shared. That is baseless idle chatter.

He knew that Warner was funneling money into the LOC06 account which was where the money was laundered. I have seen proof of this!

Why can’t your company help be a sponsor of the TTFA?

His whole answer here was fluff and bs. How hard would it be for him to ask Guardian Life for a policy? And Bankers don't even sell that kind of policy but they did for the team.

I join other sporting organizations in saying that the current Ministry is not serving sports a we expected. How do we justify injecting millions of US $ into CPL that is privately owned by foreigners.

He's careful here not to say Sancho, because he knows the CPL deal was done by Griffith, so instead, he infers it was Sancho.

I had a good relationship with the past ministers of sport and have had conflicts with the current minister only because I felt promises made by the Prime Minister to the senior team were being undermined and ignored.

So why was there arrears on salaries dating back from 2012? Why did Griffith put in the clause about accounts? Truth is, neither Anil or Griffith trusted TTFA.

Yes, at this point I have been focused on getting the TTFA a new constitution.

Did you know that TTFA sent out an email on Sunday night containing the new draft constitution for review before a meeting to invoke it? Problem is, the meeting was Monday night at 5pm. The MOS received there's from Pro League around 9 a.m. on Monday. People in Pro League and Super League went berserk. That afternoon, TTFA agreed to move the meeting to mid July.

We actively pursued the government for months on the matter of player and coaches arrears.

TFA agreed salary's that they couldn't afford. They are still agreeing salary's and match fees that they cannot afford. The TT$800,000 they received from MoS for U23's could have funded the upcoming U17's and Women's U20 campaigns. They are not managing funds sensibly.

Since then, the recent minister has made statements to indicate that he doesn’t intend to follow through on the Prime Minister’s promise.

Completely untrue. If this was a live interview I'm sure you guys would have called Tim-Kee on this. Yet nobody on sw.net has even mentioned this.

It is unsettling to the players and staff to go into competition under such uncertain circumstances when an agreement was established between the TTFA and the government last November. I’m not being “political” when these issues are raised as the minister claims, I am merely speaking the truth.

Actually, you are being political and you are a liar! Twice he stated that Sancho was using the cabinet note to fund WPL even though he knew this wasn't true. What actually took place is that Creed told them that money was slow coming through from Finance so money that was received for the Gold Cup camp in Miami was being utilised for WPL until the money came through in two weeks time. This was in April and in no way compromised TTFA or the Gold Cup preparation. This is an often used practice and is sound financial management. Tim-Kee chose to mislead people to serve his own political purpose.

By the way, the "worst minister" quote came about because MOS saying TTFA were paying too much in stipends and match fees which Brent agreed with. MOS was in favour of players earning as much as they can, but TTFA should not be agreeing such large fees when they can't pay them. Someone in the MOS said they have another 9 teams to look after and should be more financially frugal. Tim-Kee said that if they cut stipends and match fees, players would call him the worst sports minister ever.

It is absolutely incorrect to say our U-23 players will be receiving $20K per month.

Want me to show you the budget they submitted? The revised budget requested US$750 match fees for olympics and US$1,000 for Pan Am. Remember, they expected 3 games in each. If a player played all 6 games thats US$5,250 or TT$33,600. or TT$16,800 p.m. The initial budget included stipends which took them to over TT$40,000 for the two month period. So Tim-Kee just lied to you "to your face Flex." Nathanial Garcia for example earns TT$4,500 per month. Add that to the TTFA money and he's on over $21k per month without stipends!! By the way, staff including coaches are also paid match fees at the same amount.

We feel the resources and funds used by SPORTT for the WPL would have been better utilized by applying it towards a proper series of international camps and matches for the U20 and senior teams in preparation for their upcoming tournaments.

So why didn't TTFA use their $5 million subvention for this then? Or their FIFA grant? Or their grants from CONCACAF?

Having said that, I was a bit concerned to see our senior team defeat the WPL XI 9-2

The foreign girls had only landed the day before, didn't know each other, didn't know the coaches and half don't speak English. This week, T&T beat the foreigners 2-1. Every girl on the WNT and the coaches think WPL is better than a`n overseas friendly.

I wished you could have asked him if the current squad and U23's had this done:

A sponsorship worth over $3 million dollars that enables all national team players and technical staff to get free physicals when they come into camp.

And it was a Central F.C. initiative which he has never acknowledged.

Keep in mind that all our records...our filing cabinets and all our computers were seized from the TTFF office by the present minister and his 2006 team.

Another often repeated lie. Remember, everyone was there that day and although some computers were taken, the 06 Warriors were told they couldn't take all because they held the financial records and the bailiff said they had to remain. No filing cabinets were removed. You will also recall that Sancho, Harrison and George Hislop went back the next day to copy financial records and did a forensic audit and Mike Townley sent this to the FBI. They still have some of those copies. If the records are missing it happened after we were there.

Note I have two attachments that LOC2006 had two bank accounts and were being used up to 2009. This is the account suspected by the FBI of being used to launder money. This information was shared with FBI. I can't swear that FBI based some of their case on this info, but why would they obtain the bank statements if the guys already provided copies? At the least they know where to look.

Like I have been saying... Tim kee is a con man...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2015, 09:53:39 AM »
Plenty allyuh real blind,nah, allyuh so bright, allyuh dotish..full circle everytime..If I had some literary skills or a proper brain to organize thought I would write a book "From Eric to Kamla".. Many of you have the skills, but just like our footballers, cyah use it when it matters

Anil and many others before him do a whole bunch ah monies in bobol thing that was not necessary but seem like good idea at the time, cause money flowing like oil, next set cyah find 100's of thousand dollars in backseat, in accounts, in foreign banks, in local banks, in foregn house and local houses, well doh even mention Jack, he in another league, though lower than the majority of the big boys..PPL talking bout Jack like he thief WE money, he thief FIFA money, we have ppl thiefing more of WE money from WE, robbing they own ppl blind. All we leaders lying & all we leaders robbing and thiefin. Governments and company build useless stadia at exhorbitant cost in the name of I don't know what, lunches, computers, deals, we rent boats, helicopters, and other craft , offices and everything else at double, triple whatever going rates are, we get a deal, we buying from Israel, New York, Canada, anywhere and anything foreign, cause it better and yuh have to pay for quality..we have ppl killing each other with imported guns, for imported substances, but can't arrest no importers..etc etc etc  Years & Tears & Years , don't stop the party
and yet we have all kinda proof and personal observations that "Tim Kee is a con man" and "Sancho is ah imps". really ? Many have been so conned for years, they can't tell what's what or who's who, trust no one close..only those afar, unless they was once close.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2015, 10:16:49 AM »
Governments and company build useless stadia at exhorbitant cost in the name of ...

maxg, the stadia is not useless. I am glad they were built. At least we have them. It is the govt officials who are useless! Whoever is in power at the time.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2015, 11:37:19 AM »
There are some valuable counter-points raised by Insider, input that under different circumstances would be beneficial to a ventilation of issues of importance to the footballing public.  He is positioned to add to the discussion but sadly much of his energy (as has always been the case) has been spent pursuing obstructionist and contrarian purposes.  There are no smoking guns in his contribution, just a series of sophisms and mischarecterizations, such as the following:

Twice he stated that Sancho was using the cabinet note to fund WPL even though he knew this wasn't true. What actually took place is that Creed told them that money was slow coming through from Finance so money that was received for the Gold Cup camp in Miami was being utilised for WPL until the money came through in two weeks time.

So if Tim Kee stated that money that was expressly earmarked for the Gold Cup preparations (and paying coaches salaries) was instead being used for the WPL... how is that contradicted by anything you say here?  Even if they borrow the money with an intent to pay it back later, doesn't that confirm what Tim Kee is saying?  Also, doesn't that strike you as inappropriate?  Why is the WPL being prioritized over the Gold Cup preparation and paying of past-due salaries?

There are other such statements made by Insider which similarly don't stand up to scrutiny, but we'll be here all day if one were to go thru one by one addressing them... including the fact that he was in the identical position as Tim Kee and privy to just as much information.  If Tim Kee was complicit as he insists, then Insider himself is no less complicit, if not more so, seeing that he kept silent and retained his position on the Executive Committee in return.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2015, 09:55:50 PM »
Plenty allyuh real blind,nah, allyuh so bright, allyuh dotish..full circle everytime..If I had some literary skills or a proper brain to organize thought I would write a book "From Eric to Kamla".. Many of you have the skills, but just like our footballers, cyah use it when it matters

Anil and many others before him do a whole bunch ah monies in bobol thing that was not necessary but seem like good idea at the time, cause money flowing like oil, next set cyah find 100's of thousand dollars in backseat, in accounts, in foreign banks, in local banks, in foregn house and local houses, well doh even mention Jack, he in another league, though lower than the majority of the big boys..PPL talking bout Jack like he thief WE money, he thief FIFA money, we have ppl thiefing more of WE money from WE, robbing they own ppl blind. All we leaders lying & all we leaders robbing and thiefin. Governments and company build useless stadia at exhorbitant cost in the name of I don't know what, lunches, computers, deals, we rent boats, helicopters, and other craft , offices and everything else at double, triple whatever going rates are, we get a deal, we buying from Israel, New York, Canada, anywhere and anything foreign, cause it better and yuh have to pay for quality..we have ppl killing each other with imported guns, for imported substances, but can't arrest no importers..etc etc etc  Years & Tears & Years , don't stop the party
and yet we have all kinda proof and personal observations that "Tim Kee is a con man" and "Sancho is ah imps". really ? Many have been so conned for years, they can't tell what's what or who's who, trust no one close..only those afar, unless they was once close.

yuh getting hot under the collar for a man who is ah waste of time and has done nothing for our football and has worked under a corrupt regime and stayed silent..

no one locally right now can run our football, they don't have the business acumen/honesty or organizational skills/intelligence to do justice to our national football... so i don't know where you going with that diatribe, like if everybody in the same boat and we should give every crook a chance..

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2015, 12:18:00 PM »
There are some valuable counter-points raised by Insider, input that under different circumstances would be beneficial to a ventilation of issues of importance to the footballing public.  He is positioned to add to the discussion but sadly much of his energy (as has always been the case) has been spent pursuing obstructionist and contrarian purposes.  There are no smoking guns in his contribution, just a series of sophisms and mischarecterizations, such as the following:

So if Tim Kee stated that money that was expressly earmarked for the Gold Cup preparations (and paying coaches salaries) was instead being used for the WPL... how is that contradicted by anything you say here?  Even if they borrow the money with an intent to pay it back later, doesn't that confirm what Tim Kee is saying?  Also, doesn't that strike you as inappropriate?  Why is the WPL being prioritized over the Gold Cup preparation and paying of past-due salaries?

There are other such statements made by Insider which similarly don't stand up to scrutiny, but we'll be here all day if one were to go thru one by one addressing them... including the fact that he was in the identical position as Tim Kee and privy to just as much information.  If Tim Kee was complicit as he insists, then Insider himself is no less complicit, if not more so, seeing that he kept silent and retained his position on the Executive Committee in return.

Time is not of the essence. They deserve treatment. Doh gloss over nutten. Educate us.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 12:20:28 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2015, 12:52:03 PM »

Time is not of the essence. They deserve treatment. Doh gloss over nutten. Educate us.

i thought he was only allowed to divulge certain material but anything beyond that is off limits... :thinking:

i apologize seeker in advance, i may have just given him a reason to opt out...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 12:56:59 PM by Controversial »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2015, 01:17:08 PM »

yuh getting hot under the collar for a man who is ah waste of time and has done nothing for our football and has worked under a corrupt regime and stayed silent..

no one locally right now can run our football, they don't have the business acumen/honesty or organizational skills/intelligence to do justice to our national football... so i don't know where you going with that diatribe, like if everybody in the same boat and we should give every crook a chance..
I rest my case  :-\  :banginghead:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2015, 01:21:22 PM »

I rest my case  :-\  :banginghead:

no offense Max... but how can you rest your case when you didn't make a clear point to begin with..  :-\

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2015, 09:42:23 PM »

Flex, good interview and Tim Kee not telling all the truth.

The PAN AM team are suffering because of incompetence.

When I spoke to Sancho he said, yes, sometimes the money isn't released quickly, but again, that is people within the Ministry moving slowly on purpose.

Wallace asked for $23,000 for visas the week before the team left. Brent Sancho couldn't believe his ears and said "William, TTFA must have $23,000 for visas." Wallace said they only had $13,000 in the bank. Even if that was true, TTFA would know they needed visas months ago.

Very disingenuous response.  Yes they would have known they needed money for visas, but they also needed to pay Hart and the Senior Men's Team coaches... since the money was held up by Sancho, most likely budgets had to be juggled obviously.  More on this later.

The MOS paid out all of the cabinet note now, I believe, and still no accounts. Everybody has said they want accountability, yet when the MOS try to bring it, They're the bad guys?

The last bit of money was to be spent on the Gold Cup... tournament ent even start yet and already yuh calling for "accounts"... clear this comment's just intended to stir up shit for those who not really following closely.

Tim-Kee is still lying in the interview

This idea that since I was a member of the TTFF executive and VP during the Warner years I was somehow complicit in the inner dealings, nefarious or otherwise, of the then TTFF is simplistic at best.

You know that I saw lots of TTFF documents. I also had access to emails. There is proof that Tim-Kee knew about Warner's dodgy transactions back in 2008. This will come out eventually.

Tim Kee became a member of the TTFF in 2008 when he was asked to be the treasurer... assuming he saw evidence of "dodgy transactions"... he stated that he asked to see the TTFF's books and was stonewalled by Warner and his cronies.  I'm not sure what this really adds to the conversation.  Not only that, but given Insider's position on the ExCo, if he saw these emails it would have been contemporaneous or fairly close to the occurrences, yet he's kept quiet... until now. He's so busy pointing fingers at Tim Kee, alleging improprieties... apparently oblivious to the four fingers pointing back at himself.

In minutes of the Executive Committee meetings after my resignation. When I felt information was being withheld, I resigned and focused my attention on developing Futsal.

I have an email from Warner to Tim-Kee where Warner tells him he is fired and being replaced.

I'm trying to figure out why it matters whether Tim Kee was fired or whether he resigned.  Of course, seeing that members of the ExCo are elected, it would be impossible for Warner to 'fire' Tim Kee... he'd have to be removed by the other ExCo members.  Again, Insider would know this, but he's too busy trying to paint Tim Kee as a liar.

I have been a financial benefactor to football for many years. Because of the extent of my financial contributions.

Yet last week he couldn't advance TTFA $10k for visas, but watched as our country was embarrassed?

Maybe, but likely the better choice... the last thing we need is another Jack Warner situation where the TTFA President getting paid from the FA's budget because he claims he's owed money for private loans he made.

Holding secrets? I was never one of those  with whom secrets were shared. That is baseless idle chatter.

He knew that Warner was funneling money into the LOC06 account which was where the money was laundered. I have seen proof of this!

Assuming this is true and I have to say "assuming" because again, if Tim Kee only joined the organization in 2008... two years after the 2006 WC, how could he possibly see money "funneling" (implying it was happening contemporaneous to Tim Kee witnessing it) into the LOC 06 account?  Was money still pouring into the account two years after the World Cup was over? Again, yet you remained silent about it for over three years.

Why can’t your company help be a sponsor of the TTFA?

His whole answer here was fluff and bs. How hard would it be for him to ask Guardian Life for a policy? And Bankers don't even sell that kind of policy but they did for the team.

Nitpicky nonsense.

I join other sporting organizations in saying that the current Ministry is not serving sports a we expected. How do we justify injecting millions of US $ into CPL that is privately owned by foreigners.

He's careful here not to say Sancho, because he knows the CPL deal was done by Griffith, so instead, he infers it was Sancho.

The larger point isn't who did what when... but rather why the disparity at all, let alone such a glaring disparity.  How could the MoS complain about sporting bodies being dependent on the Ministry for support, whiley at the same time investing $13 million into a sport which probably needs it less, and which arguably is secondary in terms of national support.

I had a good relationship with the past ministers of sport and have had conflicts with the current minister only because I felt promises made by the Prime Minister to the senior team were being undermined and ignored.

So why was there arrears on salaries dating back from 2012? Why did Griffith put in the clause about accounts? Truth is, neither Anil or Griffith trusted TTFA.

Griffith didn't put in any clause about accounts... Cabinet did, and rightly so.  If public funds are going to be spent then there needs to be public accountability, this doesn't necessarily reflect poorly on the TTFA, it should be standard.  If they didn't trust the TTFA then that's fair... there should be no blind "trust" where public money is concerned.

Yes, at this point I have been focused on getting the TTFA a new constitution.

Did you know that TTFA sent out an email on Sunday night containing the new draft constitution for review before a meeting to invoke it? Problem is, the meeting was Monday night at 5pm. The MOS received there's from Pro League around 9 a.m. on Monday. People in Pro League and Super League went berserk. That afternoon, TTFA agreed to move the meeting to mid July.

This is accurate as I know it, and I agree that the timing of the notice (though completely valid and in accord with the FA's bylaws) was problematic.  If anything it underscores the need for constitutional reform.. in so many little areas.  The right call was made to re-schedule the meeting to ratify the new constitution, that way the moaners and obstructionists won't have anything to bitch about after the fact.  The new vote is scheduled for next week... hopefully Insider could report back to us himself with the good news.

We actively pursued the government for months on the matter of player and coaches arrears.

TFA agreed salary's that they couldn't afford. They are still agreeing salary's and match fees that they cannot afford. The TT$800,000 they received from MoS for U23's could have funded the upcoming U17's and Women's U20 campaigns. They are not managing funds sensibly.

I'm not really in position to comment on this... but maybe it would have been better served to explain why the budget was inflated or how the money on the U-23 was being misspent.  Even better... were any of these concerns shared internally?

Since then, the recent minister has made statements to indicate that he doesn’t intend to follow through on the Prime Minister’s promise.

Completely untrue. If this was a live interview I'm sure you guys would have called Tim-Kee on this. Yet nobody on sw.net has even mentioned this.

It's a matter of interpretation... Kamla told the players and coaches they would have nothing to worry about... that proved to be untrue, thanks to her Minister of Sports who held up the payments.  Sancho indicated that no payments would be made until his terms were satisfied... contrary to the promise made.

It is unsettling to the players and staff to go into competition under such uncertain circumstances when an agreement was established between the TTFA and the government last November. I’m not being “political” when these issues are raised as the minister claims, I am merely speaking the truth.

Actually, you are being political and you are a liar! Twice he stated that Sancho was using the cabinet note to fund WPL even though he knew this wasn't true. What actually took place is that Creed told them that money was slow coming through from Finance so money that was received for the Gold Cup camp in Miami was being utilised for WPL until the money came through in two weeks time. This was in April and in no way compromised TTFA or the Gold Cup preparation. This is an often used practice and is sound financial management. Tim-Kee chose to mislead people to serve his own political purpose.

Taking funds earmarked for one project and spending it on another project is the antithesis of "sound financial management" and is illustrative of how you and the rest of the holdovers approach fiscal management.  If there was an independent auditor... or even a comptroller in the MoS they would have prevented this from happening. It's particularly egregious seeing that this budgetary item (the WPL) arose out of the blue in March... 4-5 months after the Gold Cup budget was approved.  So you as Minister hold up the payments to the TTFA, in the name of "transparency and accountability"... while you spending the money on your pet project.  Next thing you know the TTFA are back where they were last November with coaches and players going into a tournament being owed money... forcing them to take money from elsewhere in the budget just to pay salaries.  But the preparation for the tournament wasn't affected in any way. Okay.

By the way, the "worst minister" quote came about because MOS saying TTFA were paying too much in stipends and match fees which Brent agreed with. MOS was in favour of players earning as much as they can, but TTFA should not be agreeing such large fees when they can't pay them. Someone in the MOS said they have another 9 teams to look after and should be more financially frugal. Tim-Kee said that if they cut stipends and match fees, players would call him the worst sports minister ever.

It is absolutely incorrect to say our U-23 players will be receiving $20K per month.

Want me to show you the budget they submitted? The revised budget requested US$750 match fees for olympics and US$1,000 for Pan Am. Remember, they expected 3 games in each. If a player played all 6 games thats US$5,250 or TT$33,600. or TT$16,800 p.m. The initial budget included stipends which took them to over TT$40,000 for the two month period. So Tim-Kee just lied to you "to your face Flex." Nathanial Garcia for example earns TT$4,500 per month. Add that to the TTFA money and he's on over $21k per month without stipends!! By the way, staff including coaches are also paid match fees at the same amount.

If you read again, that was the initial budget that was submitted.  The question was how much would the players be paid, whether $20k per month.  The response was:

...soon after the U-23 budget was submitted we came to an agreement with the ministry to eliminate stipends; partly in recognition of the increased challenges created by cuts to ministry budgets.
[/color]

We feel the resources and funds used by SPORTT for the WPL would have been better utilized by applying it towards a proper series of international camps and matches for the U20 and senior teams in preparation for their upcoming tournaments.

So why didn't TTFA use their $5 million subvention for this then? Or their FIFA grant? Or their grants from CONCACAF?

Not really in a position to address this, but the WPL was not a priority, not with the Sr. Men's and U-23 boys, and the younger women programs also needing immediate funding.  There's only so much money to go around, and why the Ministry saw fit to intervene, let alone do an end-around the TTFA to create this tournament (it's not a 'league') is anyone's guess.

Having said that, I was a bit concerned to see our senior team defeat the WPL XI 9-2

The foreign girls had only landed the day before, didn't know each other, didn't know the coaches and half don't speak English. This week, T&T beat the foreigners 2-1. Every girl on the WNT and the coaches think WPL is better than a`n overseas friendly.

I wished you could have asked him if the current squad and U23's had this done:

A sponsorship worth over $3 million dollars that enables all national team players and technical staff to get free physicals when they come into camp.

And it was a Central F.C. initiative which he has never acknowledged.

Who cares where he got the idea from... the point is he was able to secure sponsorship.  If he didn't and offered the excuse that it was Central's idea first he'd be stoned outside the H.C. stadium.

Keep in mind that all our records...our filing cabinets and all our computers were seized from the TTFF office by the present minister and his 2006 team.

Another often repeated lie. Remember, everyone was there that day and although some computers were taken, the 06 Warriors were told they couldn't take all because they held the financial records and the bailiff said they had to remain. No filing cabinets were removed. You will also recall that Sancho, Harrison and George Hislop went back the next day to copy financial records and did a forensic audit and Mike Townley sent this to the FBI. They still have some of those copies. If the records are missing it happened after we were there.

This is no lie... Sancho didn't deny it when they took the KPMG rep with them to explain the situation.  Stop engaging in bullshit and come better than that.

Note I have two attachments that LOC2006 had two bank accounts and were being used up to 2009. This is the account suspected by the FBI of being used to launder money. This information was shared with FBI. I can't swear that FBI based some of their case on this info, but why would they obtain the bank statements if the guys already provided copies? At the least they know where to look.

Not sure what this last item is in reference to... but again, he was Treasurer from 2008-2009.  He said he resigned as Treasurer after a year because he was being frustrated in accomplishing his duties.  He didn't deny that there was shady shit going on, they just wouldn't allow him access to the books.  Seems a scattershot attempt to paint him as being complicit.  More helpful to the discussion of whether he is lying would be proof that he did in fact have access to the books and turned a blind eye... or maybe proof that he was cozy with Jack, contrary to what he said.  I would think another ExCo member should readily be able to attest to this.  The fact that you haven't proves that your cupboard is bare and perhaps says a bit more about your motives.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2015, 03:46:12 AM »
Flex,

first of all thanks for this effort.
Don't take one anyone complaining about email interviews, it's better than no interview at all, unless they want to do it for you.

Tim Kee seems to regained some credibility from this interview. I assume he is not mad enough to lie about certain things that can be easily disproved in public.

What bothers me is that's TK recently admitted via the Press that JW used football money to fund the UNC party. If this is true and I am no lawyer - is this not a chargeable offence and that fact that TK and others in the TTFA knew about it and kept it to themselves should make them culpable as well.

What else does this man know about and not tell us.

The TTFA during the Warner years had no credibility with the public or corporate TT as they were considered buffoons answerable to JW. No one with sense would be attracted to such an organisation. When JW stepped aside (which was really a mamaguy move) the companies stayed away because they knew that Warner was pulling Camps' strings.

However, post Warner the FA's PR and Communications dept. should understand that if they are to rebrand the FA as an attractive entity that people must believe in them and what they are doing. It continues to befuddle me why TK waited so long to clear the air on basic issues.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2015, 06:41:57 AM »
What bothers me is that's TK recently admitted via the Press that JW used football money to fund the UNC party.

That actually isn't what he said.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2015, 10:11:51 AM »
What bothers me is that's TK recently admitted via the Press that JW used football money to fund the UNC party.

That actually isn't what he said.

He said he used money from the TTFA accounts. He has never publicly denied the quote the following excerpt from the TT Guardian:
Tim Kee also assured that he knew for a fact that Warner took money from the TTFF which went straight to the UNC.

“The man took our money and gave it to politics,” he said.

He also acknowledged that JW funded a UNC dinner with TTF money.

VB

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2015, 02:12:46 PM »
He said he used money from the TTFA accounts. He has never publicly denied the quote the following excerpt from the TT Guardian:
Tim Kee also assured that he knew for a fact that Warner took money from the TTFF which went straight to the UNC.

VB

This is the "full" quote:

But speaking exclusively to the T&T Guardian yesterday, Tim Kee said he knew for a fact that former Warner used his own money to fund at least one UNC event which he (Tim Kee) had knowledge of.

Tim Kee was referring to an invoice he allegedly received from a popular hotel and conference centre in Port-of-Spain which had billed the TTFA for a “UNC Banquet Dinner.”

Although initially admitting to not really wanting to let the “cat-out-of-the-bag,” Tim Kee said, “I don’t want to make it an issue yet. I have to find the document first.”

He added, “I know of this because with the invoice were some notes which indicated the items.”

Tim Kee said Warner was committed to the UNC cause in 2010.

This is the problem you run into when you start mixing personal and business funds... Jack was obviously paying for things on behalf of the TTFF, then using the TTFF as a bank whenever it suited him.  As to the question of whether this was a "chargeable offense," the answer would be "no"... since Jack was paying money into the TTFF as well.  If he was not, and just paying for personal expenses through the TTFF accounts then he could be charged (but more likely sued) for embezzlement.  As it is it was poor fiscal management, but not a crime.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2015, 03:05:45 PM »

VB

But speaking exclusively to the T&T Guardian yesterday, Tim Kee said he knew for a fact that former Warner used his own money to fund at least one UNC event which he (Tim Kee) had knowledge of.

Tim Kee was referring to an invoice he allegedly received from a popular hotel and conference centre in Port-of-Spain which had billed the TTFA for a “UNC Banquet Dinner.”

Although initially admitting to not really wanting to let the “cat-out-of-the-bag,” Tim Kee said, “I don’t want to make it an issue yet. I have to find the document first.”

He added, “I know of this because with the invoice were some notes which indicated the items.”

This is the problem you run into when you start mixing personal and business funds... Jack was obviously paying for things on behalf of the TTFF, then using the TTFF as a bank whenever it suited him.  As to the question of whether this was a "chargeable offense," the answer would be "no"... since Jack was paying money into the TTFF as well.  If he was not, and just paying for personal expenses through the TTFF accounts then he could be charged (but more likely sued) for embezzlement.  As it is it was poor fiscal management, but not a crime.

Thanks, that explanation will save me asking that question in the future.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2015, 05:12:22 PM »

VB

This is the problem you run into when you start mixing personal and business funds... Jack was obviously paying for things on behalf of the TTFF, then using the TTFF as a bank whenever it suited him. As to the question of whether this was a "chargeable offense," the answer would be "no"... since Jack was paying money into the TTFF as well.  If he was not, and just paying for personal expenses through the TTFF accounts then he could be charged (but more likely sued) for embezzlement.  As it is it was poor fiscal management, but not a crime.

Without wanting to contradict or argue a point of law with you, isn't this also a classic money laundering scenario? As you pointed out, it may have been innocent, but on the other hand it could have been a devious way of layering funds through multiple accounts. No one may ever know which it was, but if there is any suspicion of money laundering isn't it the duty of an officer of a company to report this. (Not, according to the recent FIU report, that anybody would have investigated it!)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2015, 05:23:42 PM »
FS, who was going to report Jack laundering money when Jack was protected by being  both a FIFA official and MP for UNC at the time. Is Jack who hanged himself with the CFU meeting in POS, where the entire world saw and heard him on video telling members what they should, or should not do with the money in the paper bags.

Being a whistleblower anywhere in the world is like wanting to be committed to the madhouse. An exercise in futility. You can even lose your live in TT for "snitching".

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2015, 05:57:16 PM »
FS, who was going to report Jack laundering money when Jack was protected by being  both a FIFA official and MP for UNC at the time. Is Jack who hanged himself with the CFU meeting in POS, where the entire world saw and heard him on video telling members what they should, or should not do with the money in the paper bags.

Being a whistleblower anywhere in the world is like wanting to be committed to the madhouse. An exercise in futility. You can even lose your live in TT for "snitching".

I agree. And what's the point anyway? I think FIU said they had 400 suspicious transactions they reported to the Police, Customs, Integrity Commission etc and never had feedback on one of them. While they referred 4 (I think) cases overseas and they received feedback on all, one of which led to a conviction.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2015, 06:09:25 PM »

I agree. And what's the point anyway? I think FIU said they had 400 suspicious transactions they reported to the Police, Customs, Integrity Commission etc and never had feedback on one of them. While they referred 4 (I think) cases overseas and they received feedback on all, one of which led to a conviction.

Well out of 400 and not one feedback from the Police C,I,C. You mean to say the FIU wasting tax payers money or the Police CIC eh know what they doing? Or if they do find something, it is shut down from higher ups, because of who may be involved ?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2015, 07:48:52 PM »
Without wanting to contradict or argue a point of law with you, isn't this also a classic money laundering scenario? As you pointed out, it may have been innocent, but on the other hand it could have been a devious way of layering funds through multiple accounts. No one may ever know which it was, but if there is any suspicion of money laundering isn't it the duty of an officer of a company to report this. (Not, according to the recent FIU report, that anybody would have investigated it!)

The only duty an officer has is to the organization he serves... he owes no larger 'duty' to the public at-large.  The only duties owed to the organization are:

1) Duty of Loyalty (primarily a prohibition against self-dealing).
2) Obligation to employ his/her best business judgment in any decisions.

Even if an officer knows of criminal conduct on the part of someone in the organization, there is no legal responsibility to report the criminal conduct.  One could argue that there is a moral, and larger "corporate" responsibility... in that the criminal activity could impact the organization, so the officer should act in the best interest of the organization to disclose the criminal conduct.  But aside from that there is no legal responsibility to say anything, any more than there is a "legal responsibility" on the part of a the average John Q. Public to report a crime if he sees one being committed.

All of this becomes relevant of course, only against a backdrop of Tim Kee knowing that Jack was engaged in laundering funds thru the TTFF.  I'm not sure anybody could realistically make that claim.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2015, 09:36:44 PM »

The only duty an officer has is to the organization he serves... he owes no larger 'duty' to the public at-large.  The only duties owed to the organization are:

1) Duty of Loyalty (primarily a prohibition against self-dealing).
2) Obligation to employ his/her best business judgment in any decisions.

Even if an officer knows of criminal conduct on the part of someone in the organization, there is no legal responsibility to report the criminal conduct.  One could argue that there is a moral, and larger "corporate" responsibility... in that the criminal activity could impact the organization, so the officer should act in the best interest of the organization to disclose the criminal conduct.  But aside from that there is no legal responsibility to say anything, any more than there is a "legal responsibility" on the part of a the average John Q. Public to report a crime if he sees one being committed.

All of this becomes relevant of course, only against a backdrop of Tim Kee knowing that Jack was engaged in laundering funds thru the TTFF.  I'm not sure anybody could realistically make that claim.

This is from FIU but I believe it only applies to financial institutions

Failure to disclose knowledge/suspicion of Money Laundering  250 K. and 3 yrs. imprisonment
Failure to report complex, unusual large transactions to the FIU  500 K. and 2 yrs. Imprisonment on summary conviction; 3 Mill. & 7 yrs.
Imprisonment on indictment  
Failure to make a suspicious transaction or suspicious activity report to the FIU  500 K. and 2 yrs. imprisonment on summary conviction; 3 Mill. & 7 yrs. Imprisonment on indictment

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2015, 09:42:25 PM »
Yes, those are globally-adopted statutory duties imposed on financial institutions, pursuant to AML laws.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2015, 10:25:17 PM »
Yes, those are globally-adopted statutory duties imposed on financial institutions, pursuant to AML laws.

financial institutions are legally responsible in making sure proper checks occur when clients/corporations make deposits and transfer money/financial instruments internationally and domestically.. in order to adhere to AML laws... which became even more stringent post 9/11... if Tim Kee was treasurer at that time, depending on the laws of T&T in this regard he can also be implicated in regards to the AML laws that are stipulated...

in the case of Tim Kee, I am unaware of whether he can be made an accessory to the crime itself in T&T, i will have to double check on that. However, it is more a matter of moral obligation, than legal obligation as the TTFA constitution doesn't outline corruption and criminal practices that occur within the fed and how that should be dealt with... so Tim Kee gets a bligh in that regard but not when it comes to moral obligation and whether we should trust him with our national football...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2015, 06:15:17 AM »

:beermug:

financial institutions are legally responsible in making sure proper checks occur when clients/corporations make deposits and transfer money/financial instruments internationally and domestically.. in order to adhere to AML laws... which became even more stringent post 9/11... if Tim Kee was treasurer at that time, depending on the laws of T&T in this regard he can also be implicated in regards to the AML laws that are stipulated...

in the case of Tim Kee, I am unaware of whether he can be made an accessory to the crime itself in T&T, i will have to double check on that. However, it is more a matter of moral obligation, than legal obligation as the TTFA constitution doesn't outline corruption and criminal practices that occur within the fed and how that should be dealt with... so Tim Kee gets a bligh in that regard but not when it comes to moral obligation and whether we should trust him with our national football...

No.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2015, 08:52:04 AM »

:beermug:

No.

no what???

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2015, 02:12:32 PM »
no what???

No to everything you typed.  Short of having engaged in money-laundering himself Tim Kee cannot be implicated under AML laws.  The reporting requirements apply only to financial institutions, so even IF he knew that Jack was laundering money he could not be charged with a crime. 

This applies to your second paragraph as well, he cannot be made accessory to the crime.  In fact, Trinidad has not even alleged that there was any crime committed by Jack... so without an allegation of a crime, how could Tim Kee even be made accessory?  The US are the ones alleging criminal conduct and Tim Kee's name wasn't called.  Until someone else is charged by TnT authorities Tim Kee cannot be implicated as accessory.  The rest aobut 'moral' obligation is all hypothetical, since there is no evidence that Tim Kee knew Jack was laundering money.  He cannot have a 'moral obligation' to report something he has no knowledge of.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2015, 02:50:31 PM »
no what???

No to everything you typed.  Short of having engaged in money-laundering himself Tim Kee cannot be implicated under AML laws.  The reporting requirements apply only to financial institutions, so even IF he knew that Jack was laundering money he could not be charged with a crime. 

This applies to your second paragraph as well, he cannot be made accessory to the crime.  In fact, Trinidad has not even alleged that there was any crime committed by Jack... so without an allegation of a crime, how could Tim Kee even be made accessory?  The US are the ones alleging criminal conduct and Tim Kee's name wasn't called.  Until someone else is charged by TnT authorities Tim Kee cannot be implicated as accessory.  The rest aobut 'moral' obligation is all hypothetical, since there is no evidence that Tim Kee knew Jack was laundering money.  He cannot have a 'moral obligation' to report something he has no knowledge of.

I never mentioned mandatory reporting by Tim Kee, he is not mandated to do that in the TTFA constitution. Re-read and comprehend first before you jump to assuming things that were never said.

AML laws affect the clients that are involved in nefarious activities and are discovered by banks through investigation with the proper authorities. I know this because I worked many years in the top financial institution and was trained in the system. It may be different in TT, which is something they need to work on if it is not present.

This may be the case for TT but not Canada for instance, where association and knowledge of such activities can also place you in harms way with the authorities and can implicate you in such activities.

As for now we don't know the full details of Tim Kees involvement with the previous admin. If the TTFA are taking the right measures in the redrafting of the constitution they will include these regulations to keep any member of the fed in check. Tim Kee is probably making sure any form of fiduciary duty is not included..

Furthermore, employees of corporations that don't follow the proper procedures and protocol stand the risk of losing their job. The standard is low in TT and Tim Kee and his ilk are exploiting the faulty system that doesn't punish irresponsibility and corruption. Especially since the old TTFA constitution also neglects certain responsibilities which leaves plenty leeway for corruption.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 03:00:19 PM by Controversial »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2015, 03:06:46 PM »
If the TTFA are taking the right measures in the redrafting of the constitution they will include these regulations to keep any member of the fed in check.

Can't see any mention of this in the draft.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2015, 03:11:27 PM »
If the TTFA are taking the right measures in the redrafting of the constitution they will include these regulations to keep any member of the fed in check.

Which is why they are remaining silent about the redrafting and its contents... They are crafting it so there is loopholes and Tim Kee can get away scotch free with any underhanded activities he partakes in... The absence of the regulations I spoke of means they are business as usual like before... accountability and transparency is still absent if you are telling me it is not present.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2015, 03:23:52 PM »

Which is why they are remaining silent about the redrafting and its contents... They are crafting it so there is loopholes and Tim Kee can get away scotch free with any underhanded activities he partakes in... The absence of the regulations I spoke of means they are business as usual like before... accountability and transparency is still absent if you are telling me it is not present.

I think FIFA had a lot of input in the draft. Certainly the proposed voting structure is improved.

1]; } ?>