March 28, 2024, 05:37:56 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Mexico Game (4-Sept-2015).  (Read 46631 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Mexico Game (4-Sept-2015).
« Reply #270 on: September 05, 2015, 12:04:31 AM »
Miss the game. Final score ? How was Johnathan Glen? Is he a worthy sub for KJ?

See if this helps.  :)

Glenn

Deeeeks!!!

3-3. Glenn scored one (a diving header). Influenced the other. Of all the games yuh miss this one?

Breds, I was working night for the past 6 weeks. This week I started back day shift. My clock screwed up. I set up to watch the game. I started watching El Sal-Curaçao. Switch back and forth with the U.S. - Peru game. Next thing I fall asleep. When I wake up, I seeing highlights of JA-Nicaragua. I surprised at that score and pissed that I missed the game. But I am pleased at the score. I am great full that Mexico accommodated us for that game.

It is a pity TTFA could not arrange a home game with even a Caribbean team with just the home players for the next FIFA date. Hart needs to have access to these guys more often.  3-3 away to Mexico in front a sell out is great. We slowly building a reputation as a tough competitor. Maybe Brazil will ask us for a game. I am pleasantly surprised. It is  1:53 and Univison deportees still analyzing the game.

I am so glad for J Glen. Perseverance is a hell of a thing. The bredder bided his time. And when he got his chance he made full use of it. He made Hart and me look like geniuses. ;D. Many of us have been calling for this yute to get a cobo sweat to see what he made of. He has proven his worth. Let's pray that he and the rest of the squad build that brotherly bond that can take then over the top when the tough gets going.

Aye, Univison repeating the game.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 05, 2015, 12:11:31 AM »
I looking at the game now. I did not know we scored first and so early.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 05, 2015, 12:13:36 AM »
Wah he say bout the Keeper?

I turned on ESPN3 after the 70th so im not sure what he said early on, but he didnt blame either GK for third goals. He said the wall was at fault for our third, and there was nothing Jan could do about the Herrera strike.

OK Cool, thanks.

But not just the goals. How he marshals the area. How he exudes confidence in his players as Capt. How he doh make silly mistakes.

Dahis an assertion? Or a hope?

Neither! A Critique. I wanted to know Shaka's thoughts on those. Not just the goals conceded by JMW.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 05, 2015, 12:46:58 AM »
Wah he say bout the Keeper?

I turned on ESPN3 after the 70th so im not sure what he said early on, but he didnt blame either GK for third goals. He said the wall was at fault for our third, and there was nothing Jan could do about the Herrera strike.

OK Cool, thanks.

But not just the goals. How he marshals the area. How he exudes confidence in his players as Capt. How he doh make silly mistakes.

Dahis an assertion? Or a hope?

Neither! A Critique. I wanted to know Shaka's thoughts on those. Not just the goals conceded by JMW.

Fair enough. Hislop might be too diplomatic fuh a full call on Jan's GK virtues  ... buh yeah, I encourage him to weigh in.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 12:49:42 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 05, 2015, 01:42:00 AM »
Jan is a very good gk. but he does not give confidence when a player passing back a ball to him. Everything has to be perfect or else ...... When Cyrus pass back a bouncing ball to him, and he kicked it with his knee. Today's gks have to be one than shot blockers. He has to be able to adjust his body and swing left or right feet. And I am a big Jan supporter. I don't think he had any chance on any of those goals. Header was well placed. The own goal. Then the golazo. No waY he could have gotten that. But yes we need some young blood. I like Jelani Archibald. Maybe SH can invite Ranjitsingh.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 06:22:48 PM by Deeks »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #275 on: September 05, 2015, 01:53:02 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wx4_HIsKG2A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wx4_HIsKG2A</a>
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 05, 2015, 05:46:46 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wx4_HIsKG2A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wx4_HIsKG2A</a>

J. Glen did a good assist.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 05, 2015, 06:27:40 AM »
Jan is a very good gk. but he does not give confidence when a player passing back a ball to him. Everything has to be perfect or else ...... When Cyrus pass back a bouncing ball to him, and he kicked it with his knee. Today's gks have to be one than shot blockers. He has to be able to adjust his body and swing left or right feet. And I am a big Jan supporter. I don't think he had any chance on any of those goals. Header was well placed. The own goal. Then the golazo. No wY he could have gotten that. But yes we need some young blood. I like Jelani Archibald. Maybe SH can invite Ranjitsingh.

Archibald is Kittitian.

Jan is at best a good goalkeeper. Disagree as to "very good".

(Shot-blocking? He gets shot-blocking credit).

Why? Using just the context of your post I'll tell you ...

1. Footwork ... Honest to goodness issues exist here. Have you seen him address balls played to (his) feet in a manner that exudes a technical level that fills you with confidence? Add pressure into the equation and I doubt yuh could convince yuhself. Guaranteed that's in any opponent's scouting report.

Footwork in the context of his movement to get to balls  (footwork in the traditional sense regarding GKs ... especially lateral movement) ... I wouldn't describe as stellar. Might be instructive to review the opening goal.

2. Sweeper-keeper ... In part requires effective, committed decision-making to support the back 4, particularly the central defenders. Also requires departure from the goal area (more often than not, requires departure from the penalty area) to execute timely interventions to interrupt/resolve dangerous attacking movement, to regain possession, to initiate a counter-attack ... to fill the void created by the absence of defensive cover ... to eliminate problems rather than create problems.

He's NOT going to get high marks in this area.

3. Deficiency on addressing crosses ... That header was the product of a cross. Doh jes pay attention to the quality of the delivery and the quality of header (dahis what supposed to happen: opponent delivering challenging balls). To put things in proper context, you have to examine Jan' s movement and decision-making in addressing the ball. Look at what's going on with him as the ball is in flight. Heck, I encourage him to review the footage himself. He go be vex.

Here's the overriding issue: having someone in place to preserve hard-fought-for advantages... recognizing those pivotal moments when the match is delicately poised, and where concentration is utmost and soft goals cannot be conceded. Someone with a mentality that influences where we keep the ball on the field.

Doh worry, ah building a Trini keeper in the robotics and artificial intelligence lab in meh yard. :devil:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 06:43:47 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #278 on: September 05, 2015, 06:40:14 AM »
Bullet. Mexico always have one bullet against we.

And one owe goal ...

;D

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 05, 2015, 07:12:35 AM »
Dunno about you guys but Keron Cummings is brimming with confidence since his Gold Cup debut. I know Hart had a problem with him falling too deep instead of being closer to Jones but last night he was brilliant. He played off Glen's shoulders and was willing to draw defenders into mistakes. His dribbling and first touch was absolutely sublime at times. If he continues at this rate Molino has to come good to regain hus no.10 spot and Guerra will have to be left out. Also Glenn was phenomenal, great finish for his first, then the hustle and desire to set up Cummings for the second bodes well going forward. Kudos to Hart for what he has achieved with this bunch of lads who are willing to die for the cause. Something I've not seen since the Strike Squad and to a lesser extent the '06 Team.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #280 on: September 05, 2015, 08:25:37 AM »
Could someone tell me what the starting formation was yesterday
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 05, 2015, 08:28:18 AM »
4 4 1 1
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 05, 2015, 08:41:36 AM »
We continue to improve offensively as scoring goals in the past has been a problem. Some work has to be done at the back as they were slow and caught out of position which resulted in 2 of the goals conceded . Jan wasnt that impressive today either, we need to find a better keeper. Overall still a great showing  :beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #283 on: September 05, 2015, 10:24:34 AM »
Dunno about you guys but Keron Cummings is brimming with confidence since his Gold Cup debut. I know Hart had a problem with him falling too deep instead of being closer to Jones but last night he was brilliant. He played off Glen's shoulders and was willing to draw defenders into mistakes. His dribbling and first touch was absolutely sublime at times. If he continues at this rate Molino has to come good to regain hus no.10 spot and Guerra will have to be left out. Also Glenn was phenomenal, great finish for his first, then the hustle and desire to set up Cummings for the second bodes well going forward. Kudos to Hart for what he has achieved with this bunch of lads who are willing to die for the cause. Something I've not seen since the Strike Squad and to a lesser extent the '06 Team.

Cummings has it... Deft touch at times.. He needs to play in Europe... It will give him the exposure he needs..

Him and Molino in the mid would be a terror for top class teams

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 05, 2015, 12:13:29 PM »
Joevin Jones is the next coming of one of T & T greats that boy is ah boss he go make teams quake in their boots watch him he almost their.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: September 05, 2015, 01:29:21 PM »
In the second half we were successful on a lot of 1-on-1s.  Great to see the fellas playing confidently like that.
The Mexicans were visibly frustrated.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 05, 2015, 02:06:16 PM »
men on here kicksy yes. nex time I should have a partner video me sweatin in a 'after work league' pace league, and post the video on here and see if men go be callin for my inclusion on the national team.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 05, 2015, 05:29:39 PM »
Great friggin game I am so proud of this team. Once again we gave up an own goal but we would have been beaten EL TRI hands down.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 05, 2015, 06:23:40 PM »
Jan is a very good gk. but he does not give confidence when a player passing back a ball to him. Everything has to be perfect or else ...... When Cyrus pass back a bouncing ball to him, and he kicked it with his knee. Today's gks have to be one than shot blockers. He has to be able to adjust his body and swing left or right feet. And I am a big Jan supporter. I don't think he had any chance on any of those goals. Header was well placed. The own goal. Then the golazo. No waY he could have gotten that. But yes we need some young blood. I like Jelani Archibald. Maybe SH can invite Ranjitsingh.

Archibald is Kittitian.

Jan is at best a good goalkeeper. Disagree as to "very good".

(Shot-blocking? He gets shot-blocking credit).

Why? Using just the context of your post I'll tell you ...

1. Footwork ... Honest to goodness issues exist here. Have you seen him address balls played to (his) feet in a manner that exudes a technical level that fills you with confidence? Add pressure into the equation and I doubt yuh could convince yuhself. Guaranteed that's in any opponent's scouting report.

Footwork in the context of his movement to get to balls  (footwork in the traditional sense regarding GKs ... especially lateral movement) ... I wouldn't describe as stellar. Might be instructive to review the opening goal.

2. Sweeper-keeper ... In part requires effective, committed decision-making to support the back 4, particularly the central defenders. Also requires departure from the goal area (more often than not, requires departure from the penalty area) to execute timely interventions to interrupt/resolve dangerous attacking movement, to regain possession, to initiate a counter-attack ... to fill the void created by the absence of defensive cover ... to eliminate problems rather than create problems.

He's NOT going to get high marks in this area.

3. Deficiency on addressing crosses ... That header was the product of a cross. Doh jes pay attention to the quality of the delivery and the quality of header (dahis what supposed to happen: opponent delivering challenging balls). To put things in proper context, you have to examine Jan' s movement and decision-making in addressing the ball. Look at what's going on with him as the ball is in flight. Heck, I encourage him to review the footage himself. He go be vex.

Here's the overriding issue: having someone in place to preserve hard-fought-for advantages... recognizing those pivotal moments when the match is delicately poised, and where concentration is utmost and soft goals cannot be conceded. Someone with a mentality that influences where we keep the ball on the field.

Doh worry, ah building a Trini keeper in the robotics and artificial intelligence lab in meh yard. :devil:

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 05, 2015, 07:43:04 PM »
Our keeper is a big shithound. All 3 goals mexico scored any fukin keeper could save. The 3rd goal he reacted wey to late. I know i was a keeper. Any goal keeper kno what am saying hre is d damn truth. We need a wrl cup keeper..not thos s
hithound
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 05, 2015, 07:46:09 PM »
I like Jelani Archibald.

Other than the fact dat he is not ah Trini, I find he too flat-footed and static.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #291 on: September 05, 2015, 07:59:26 PM »
So, you tied twice with Mexico and that means you are a shoe-in for the 2018 world cup. Forget USA. Forget Costa Rica. Forget Panama. Forget Guatemala. You are so good all of a sudden. The ttfa football program is working. Everything is in place. Just a few more useful exercises and we ready for 2018. Sancho and Harrison f**ked up and now tiny tim is the Special Advisor to the ttff. Everything is copasectic. We going to Russia 2018 World Cup.

Not so fast, money grip. This is nothing but a false positive.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 08:05:02 PM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 05, 2015, 10:27:49 PM »
So, you tied twice with Mexico and that means you are a shoe-in for the 2018 world cup. Forget USA. Forget Costa Rica. Forget Panama. Forget Guatemala. You are so good all of a sudden. The ttfa football program is working. Everything is in place. Just a few more useful exercises and we ready for 2018. Sancho and Harrison f**ked up and now tiny tim is the Special Advisor to the ttff. Everything is copasectic. We going to Russia 2018 World Cup.

Nah, nobody said that but we seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. You go blame us after years of shi£ and being unable to get quality teams to want to play us?

Btw, how much did the TTFF get for that match? I assume we got an appearance fee.

VB

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 05, 2015, 10:40:52 PM »
Any full video of the game?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 06, 2015, 06:59:49 AM »

I agree. We should not forget about Costa Rica and Panama. But I disagree with your comment that this is "all of a sudden". Few things to consider:

- After 2010 we hit rock bottom. Governance structure couldn't be trusted. We suffered poor results against Bermuda and Guyana. As a consequence our 2014 qualifying campaign ended prematurely  in 2011.

- Harte is appointed 2013

- We reach Gold cup quarterfinals in 2013 .. lose 1-0 to Mexico after conceding a late goal.

- Some mediocre results from 2014 including a loss to Jamaica in Caribbean cup (Don't forget there were problems with compensating the team)

- Mediocre results continue in 2015. Things go from bad to worse after the 3-0 loss to Jordan.

- We beat Guatemala and Cuba convincingly in the Gold cup

- Tied Mexico after going down 2 goals.

- Lose to Panama on penalties

- Ties Mexico again 3-3 without having key personnel i.e Jones Molino Bateau ( We scored multiple goals without Jones and Molino)

Altogether, these are not false positives. The recent results are a result of having a dedicated coach, maturation of players and team resilience. This is two years in the making.

I agree that we should not get ahead of ourselves. There is still some work to do. But the recent results and steady progress is a sign that something special is beginning to brew in TT football.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #295 on: September 06, 2015, 07:40:47 AM »

I agree. We should not forget about Costa Rica and Panama. But I disagree with your comment that this is "all of a sudden". Few things to consider:

- After 2010 we hit rock bottom. Governance structure couldn't be trusted. We suffered poor results against Bermuda and Guyana. As a consequence our 2014 qualifying campaign ended prematurely  in 2011.

- Harte is appointed 2013

- We reach Gold cup quarterfinals in 2013 .. lose 1-0 to Mexico after conceding a late goal.

- Some mediocre results from 2014 including a loss to Jamaica in Caribbean cup (Don't forget there were problems with compensating the team)

- Mediocre results continue in 2015. Things go from bad to worse after the 3-0 loss to Jordan.

- We beat Guatemala and Cuba convincingly in the Gold cup

- Tied Mexico after going down 2 goals.

- Lose to Panama on penalties

- Ties Mexico again 3-3 without having key personnel i.e Jones Molino Bateau ( We scored multiple goals without Jones and Molino)

Altogether, these are not false positives. The recent results are a result of having a dedicated coach, maturation of players and team resilience. This is two years in the making.

I agree that we should not get ahead of ourselves. There is still some work to do. But the recent results and steady progress is a sign that something special is beginning to brew in TT football.

something special is right... :beermug:

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 06, 2015, 12:21:45 PM »
Any full video of the game?

VB I watch the game last night on the Watch ESPN app. If yuh have ESPN as part of yuh cable subscription, yuh should have access to the app.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 07, 2015, 03:17:07 PM »

Came late in teh first half as I was working.

However, was impressed with TT's one touch. At one point they were passing ti around in the defense, I got worried but it reminded me of a brand we had back inthe 80s and 90s, where the touch was deft and intrinsic.

I have never seen JJ have a bad game for TT and this may have been his best yet. He had those defenders coming and going.

He was a bit lucky withthe FK. It's as if the man said "Open Sesame." And the wall just parted.

Cummings really surprised me. He usually seems invisible in a TT game the exception being the Mex game at the GC. He showed me he could shield, dribble and tackle as well as shoot.

If only he could be consistent.
Glen - what can I say, the yute and can score, dribble and tackle.

For a hefty man, Caesar showed some good speed and the ability to torment defenders. We need players like this on the flanks and middle.

Consider Molion, Boucaud, Jones and Bateau weren't there.
I see a formidable team slowly taking shape.

Now Garcia and Winchester just need a chance to properly show their wares.

Maybe Hart should organise a Probables vs Possibles back home.
I would pay to see that.

VB

1]; } ?>