March 28, 2024, 03:07:36 AM

Author Topic: IOC Rio 2016 Olympics: Fri.5th~Sun.21st Aug 2016 (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)  (Read 76807 times)

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sports Illustrated predicts two medals for T&T . Silver for men 4x400m and Bronze for women 4x100m.
http://www.si.com/olympics/2016/08/01/rio-2016-olympics-medal-picks-predictions-projected-medal-count#tf

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Trinidad and Tobago flag raised in Olympic village
🇹🇹

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/l455Rtpma4I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/l455Rtpma4I</a>

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sports Illustrated predicts two medals for T&T . Silver for men 4x400m and Bronze for women 4x100m.
http://www.si.com/olympics/2016/08/01/rio-2016-olympics-medal-picks-predictions-projected-medal-count#tf

Sounds about right.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

This should be motivation for Keshorn Walcott to prove them wrong  :)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Sounds about right.

I predicted the same. However I think the men 4x100 can squeeze a bronze. And of course we usually have a surprise medalist. My guess is Keshorn or maybe even Cedenio. For Cedenio to medal , one of the big 3 will have to mess up their race plan. If I had to choose out of the big 3, I will choose Kirani as the one to mess up his race plan.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

This should be motivation for Keshorn Walcott to prove them wrong  :)

Add the men's 4x1 to that list.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Sounds about right.

I predicted the same. However I think the men 4x100 can squeeze a bronze. And of course we usually have a surprise medalist. My guess is Keshorn or maybe even Cedenio. For Cedenio to medal , one of the big 3 will have to mess up their race plan. If I had to choose out of the big 3, I will choose Kirani as the one to mess up his race plan.

A bit of wishful thinking there Re Kirani. He has no track record of deviating from his game plan, and may be the most consistent of the 3 IMO. Keshorn has the best chance due to the more sporadic nature of his event and the fact that he has multiple chances to get it right.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Sounds about right.

A bit of wishful thinking there Re Kirani. He has no track record of deviating from his game plan, and may be the most consistent of the 3 IMO. Keshorn has the best chance due to the more sporadic nature of his event and the fact that he has multiple chances to get it right.

Actually Kirani did have a hiccup in 2013. Finished 7th. Last year he came 3rd at the WCs. All I'm saying is that if there is one to mess up the race plan out of the top 3, it will probably be Kirani. Not saying that he will. But best case scenario for Cedenio to medal.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Sounds about right.

Actually Kirani did have a hiccup in 2013. Finished 7th. Last year he came 3rd at the WCs. All I'm saying is that if there is one to mess up the race plan out of the top 3, it will probably be Kirani. Not saying that he will. But best case scenario for Cedenio to medal.

Running 43.78 when your PR is 43.74 , is NOT messing up. Cmon man. He got food poisoning between the rounds in Moscow. The Kid is an ace! So if Cedenio wants to put himself into the medal conversation, he better have a 0.50s or better drop in PR come th the next 10 days.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile

Sounds about right.

Running 43.78 when your PR is 43.74 , is NOT messing up. Cmon man. He got food poisoning between the rounds in Moscow. The Kid is an ace! So if Cedenio wants to put himself into the medal conversation, he better have a 0.50s or better drop in PR come th the next 10 days.

Cedenio can only threaten the big 3 if he has quietly lowered his 200m PB to 20.50 or less in training and can stick with the race leaders over the first 300m in Rio and can still have enough energy and speed endurance left in the final 100m to execute his trademark kick down the home straight.
If Cedenio can do that in the next 10 days then he will not only break the T&T national 400m record but can also go sub-44 and snatch a medal in front of one of the big 3 if they are not at their very best in the final.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 02:07:51 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Have to agree: although anyone could have a Zola Budd/Mary Decker moment, Kirani has not earned the label of losing the plot.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
My Updated Team TTO 2016 Olympics Medals Prediction
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2016, 03:02:57 PM »
My Updated Team TTO 2016 Olympics Medals Prediction:

If T&T has a bad Olympics we will probably win just 2 medals, both bronze, one in the Women's 4x100m and another in the Men's 4x400m.

If T&T has a good Olympics living up to our full potential we can win at least 4 medals, 3 bronze and 1 silver, bronze in both the Men's & Women's 4x100m, bronze in the Men's Javelin and silver in the Men's 4x400m.

We also have the potential to win 3 extra surprise bronze medals to add to the 4 above to take us up to 7 medals if we have a very good Olympics; bronze for Machel Cedenio in the 400m if he is ready to break the T&T NR in the Final and run near 44 flat or faster and bronze for Michelle-Lee Ahye in both the 100m and 200m Finals.

The 400m bronze by Cedenio will require one of the big 3 (James, Merritt or Van Niekerk) to mess up in the 400m final unless Cedenio is able to go sub-44 for the first time in his career and create history as a T&T athlete.

The bronze by MLA in the 100m and/or 200m will require her to remain injury free and to run new PB's in both Finals. She will need to run 10.7x in the 100m Final and 21.xx in the 200m Final to medal.
MLA definitely has the potential to run that fast if she remains injury free and peaks in the next 10 days or so.

We also have the potential to win two non-Track & Field medals, one in Cycling and another in Swimming.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 06:08:26 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

lol to actually have a good Olympics someone has to win Gold. Winning medals will be mediocre but unfortunately this is what we are used to historically. If our aim is 10 gold medals accumulated by 2024 (which means we are 8 short right now) then at least one gold medal has to be won this Olympics so that dream will have some slim reality

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

lol to actually have a good Olympics someone has to win Gold. Winning medals will be mediocre but unfortunately this is what we are used to historically. If our aim is 10 gold medals accumulated by 2024 (which means we are 8 short right now) then at least one gold medal has to be won this Olympics so that dream will have some slim reality

Why don't you make your own prediction for who will a gold medal for Team TTO and stop behaving like a circus clown complaining about other folks making realistic predictions then?

I am being as realistic as possible with my predictions and as far as I am concerned a very good Olympics for Team TTO will be us winning 4 or more medals even if none of them are gold. In fact I will much prefer us to win 4 or more realistic medals (1 silver and 3 bronze) than us wining just 1 fantasy gold medal as it will mean an overall better team performance which will please me more than just 1 fantasy gold medal.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Why don't you make your own prediction for who will a gold medal for Team TTO and stop behaving like a circus clown complaining about other folks making realistic predictions then?

I am being as realistic as possible with my predictions and as far as I am concerned a very good Olympics for Team TTO will be us winning 4 or more medals even if none of them are gold. In fact I will much prefer us to win 4 or more realistic medals (1 silver and 3 bronze) than us wining just 1 fantasy gold medal as it will mean an overall better team performance which will please me more than just 1 fantasy gold medal.

lmao do not be mad at my assessment. When Olympics done look at the medal table, you will see nations who win one gold medal is ahead others that won several silver and bronze medals. A champion is a champion and the national anthem is played for a champion

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

lmao do not be mad at my assessment. When Olympics done look at the medal table, you will see nations who win one gold medal is ahead others that won several silver and bronze medals. A champion is a champion and the national anthem is played for a champion

Blah Blah Blah Blah!!
Either make your prediction about which TTO athlete will definitely win gold in your eyes or shut your trap about expecting others here to make that prediction like a typical circus clown.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 05:00:11 PM by Socapro »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Sounds about right.

Never knew that he got food poisoning in 2013. Well with that, I don't know who will mess up their race plan. All are the best of the best. I guess we can only hope that anyone of them get drawn in a bad lane and Cedenio get drawn in the best lane. Still he will have to win one of the semi finals.

Just a FYI.  Elaine Thompson has to prove to the JAAA that she is in good condition. If she does not do it by Monday, the JAAA will have to give her spot to someone else. If she is out, then "maybe"    (in a very quiet voice), MLA might have a chance. Although I do think Elaine will still get picked, we will see what condition her hamstring is in.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Sounds about right.

Never knew that he got food poisoning in 2013. Well with that, I don't know who will mess up their race plan. All are the best of the best. I guess we can only hope that anyone of them get drawn in a bad lane and Cedenio get drawn in the best lane. Still he will have to win one of the semi finals.

Just a FYI.  Elaine Thompson has to prove to the JAAA that she is in good condition. If she does not do it by Monday, the JAAA will have to give her spot to someone else. If she is out, then "maybe"    (in a very quiet voice), MLA might have a chance. Although I do think Elaine will still get picked, we will see what condition her hamstring is in.

If Elaine Thmpson was still unfit then her coach Stephen Francis would have indicated such in this article: http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/sports/20160802/fraser-pryce-good-ever-coach-francis

Instead the last paragraph says:
Fraser-Pryce won gold at the Beijing and London Olympics and is expected to square off against her training partner Elaine Thompson and Dutch star Dafne Schippers in what is sure to be a fierce contest for the top podium spot.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
@ Socapro

Here is an article dated the day after the one you posted. Thompson still has to prove to the JAAA that she is ready to go.

http://trackalerts.com/Articles/medical-exemptions-has-some-waiting-to-exhale/18727

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nice one from our T&T athletes in Rio  :beermug: 🇹🇹

https://twitter.com/briaclew/status/761376529037135872?s=04

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Athletes representing Trinidad and Tobago just before the opening ceremony of Rio Olympics! 🇹🇹

https://www.facebook.com/TTOlympicCommittee/photos/a.183804871665991.38714.123604181019394/1080812195298583/?type=3&theater

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If anything else, at the very least, I or we would love/want to see a female athlete win a medal. It is long OVERDUE!!!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 11:35:48 PM by Deeks »

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&F News not the most optimistic about our T&F medaling chances. 2 for the men, zero for the women.
We perform better with little to no expectations anyway, time to prove them wrong

Summary of their predictions below:
1 silver predicted for the 4x400 m
1 bronze predicted for Keshorn in javelin

Cedenio predicted to come in 4th in 400 m
T&T men predicted to come in 10th in 4x100  :bs:
MLA 10th in 100M & 200M   :bs:
T&T women predicted to come in 6th in 4x100   :bs:

MEN: http://trackandfieldnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3035
WOMEN: http://trackandfieldnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3036

« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 12:23:17 PM by ProudTrinbagonian »
whey boy!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The biggest upset in London was Keshorn. The pundits did not know how to deal with this or still have no idea how to deal with it. But like you stated above.

We perform better with little to no expectations anyway, time to prove them wrong

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The biggest upset in London was Keshorn. The pundits did not know how to deal with this or still have no idea how to deal with it. But like you stated above.

About 2 weeks ago they predicted one medal i.e. women's 4x100. Now they are saying Keshorn because the Egyptian is banned

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Start lists up for Friday.

Cleo in group 1 of the shot put prelims.

Men's 400 here. Top 3 plus 3 fastest. Looks like Lendore has the toughest heat of the three locals.

https://www.rio2016.com/en/athletics-mens-400m-round-1-heat-1
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Start lists up for Friday.

Cleo in group 1 of the shot put prelims.

Men's 400 here. Top 3 plus 3 fastest. Looks like Lendore has the toughest heat of the three locals.

https://www.rio2016.com/en/athletics-mens-400m-round-1-heat-1
:thumbsup:

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
CARIBBEAN AT THE RIO OLYMPICS - ATHLETICS
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2016, 04:54:09 AM »
CARIBBEAN AT THE RIO OLYMPICS - ATHLETICS
By Clayton Clarke -  August 9, 2016 (TrackAlerts.com)

One hundred and fifty-three (153) Caribbean Olympians have been entered to compete in the Athletics, set to begin on Friday, August 12 at the Olympic Stadium in Rio de Janeiro. Jamaica will field the largest number (52) ahead of Trinidad and Tobago and Bahamas (25), Antigua and Barbuda & St. Kitts Nevis (7), Barbados (6), Grenada (5), Guyana (4) and British Virgin Islands and US Virgin Islands (3). Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Dominica, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Belize, Haiti and Suriname each has two competitors entered.

Bahamas initially entered 28 athletes but 100m hurdlers, Devynne Charlton and Adanca Brown and 4x400m selectee, Shaniqua Dorsette, withdrew because of injury. Barbados lost 200m sprinter, Sada Williams, to injury, as well.

The Sprints will again be the feature events for the Caribbean with twenty-six (26) entries in the 100m, 17 in 200m and 20 in the 400m. In the hurdles, the region’s numbers are 14 in the 100m/110m hurdles and 11 in the 400m hurdles. Jamaica has registered the full three quotas in all sprints as well as the hurdles. Trinidad and Tobago has full presentation in the men’s 100m and 400m and the women’s 100m and 200m. Jamaica is listed to field teams in all four relays with Trinidad and Tobago entered in three (men /women 4x100m. M 4x400m). Bahamas will feature in the M/W 4x400m while Antigua and Barbuda and St. Kitts Nevis are among the field in the M 4x100m.

In the field events, the region will have participants – ten – in all four throwing disciplines for the first time. Jamaica is the only country/territory with a presence in all field disciplines, a full quota of three in the women’s discus, one in the shot putt and a first time participant in the women’s hammer. British Virgin Islands will debut in the throws with a competitor in the men’s shot put. In the jumps, nine will do battle as Bahamas leads with full representation (three) in the men’s high jump, two in the men’s triple jump and one in the women’s long jump.

In the middle and long distance events, two Jamaicans (women’s 3000m steeplechase and men’s 5000m) will be the only Caribbean runners.

COUNTRY   TOTAL   MALE   FEMALE
Antigua and Barbuda   7   6   1
Bahamas   25   16   9
Barbados   6   3   3
Bermuda   2   2   0
British Virgin Islands   3   2   1
Cayman Islands   2   2   0
Dominica   2   1   1
Grenada   5   4   1
Guyana   4   2   2
Jamaica   52   24   28
St. Lucia   2   0   2
St. Kitts   7   6   1
St. Vincent & the Grenadines   2   1   1
Trinidad and Tobago   25   16   9
US Virgin Islands   3   2   1
Belize   2   1   1
Haiti   2   1   1
Suiname   2   1   1
153   90   63

100m

Men(16):
  Daniel Bailey, Cehjae Green (ANT);  Adrian Griffith, Shavez Hart, Jamial Rolle (BAH); Ramon Gittens (BAR); Kemar Hyman (CAY); Darrell Wesh (HAI); Nickel Ashmeade, Yohan Blake, Usain Bolt (JAM); Antoine Adams, Kim Collins, (SKN); Jurgen Themen (SUR); Keston Bledman, Rondel Sorrillo, Richard Thompson (TTO)

Women(10): Tynia Gaither (BAH); Tahesia Harrigan-Scott (IVB); Brenessa Thompson (GUY); Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, Elaine Thompson, Christania Williams (JAM); Sunayna Wahi (SUR); Michelle-Lee Ahye, Semoy Hackett, Kelly-An Baptiste (TTO)

200m

Men(14):
Miguel Francis (ANT),  Shavez Hart, Teray Smith (BAH); Levi Cadogan, Burkhart Ellis Jr, Ramon Gittens (BAR); Harold Houston (BER); Bradon Jones (BIZ); Nickel Ashmeade, Yohan Blake, Usain Bolt (JAM).  Antoine Adams (SKN); Rondel Sorrillo, Kyle Greaux (TTO);

Women(13): Sheniqua Ferguson (BAH), Tynia Gaither, Anthonique Strachan (BAH),  Ashley Kelly (IVB); Brenessa Thompson (GUY); Veronica Campbell-Brown, Simone Facey, Elaine Thompson (JAM), Tameka Williams (SKN)’ Michelle-Lee Ahye, Semoy Hackett, Reyare Thomas (TTO); Lavern Jones-Ferrette (ISV)

400m

Men(13):
Chris Brown, Steven Gardiner, Alonzo Russell (BAH); Kirani James, Bralon Taplin (GRN); Winston George (GUY); Fitzroy Dunkley, Javon Francis, Rusheen McDonald (JAM); Brandon Valentine-Parris (VIN); Machel Cedenio, Lalonde Gordon, Deon Lendore (TTO)

Women(7): Shaunae Miller (BAH); Kanika Beckles (GRN); Aliyah Abrams (GUY); Christine Day, Shericka Jackson, Stephenie Ann McPherson (JAM), Kineke Alexander (VIN)

800m

Women(3):
Simoya Campbell, Natoya, Goule, Kenia St. Clair (JAM)

5000m

Men(1):
Kemoy Campbell (JAM)

100m hurdles

Women(7):
Pedrya Seymour (BAH); Kierre Beckles (BAR); Katy Sealy (BIZ); Mulern Jean (HAI); Megan Simmonds, Shermaine Williams, Nickiesha  Wilson (JAM)

110m hurdles

Men(7):
Ronald Forbes (CAY); jeffrey Julmis (HAI); Deuce Carter, Omar McLeod, Andrew Riley (JAM); Mikel Thomas (TTO); Eddie Lovette (ISV)

400m hurdles

Men(5):
Jeffery Gibson (BAH); Roxroy Cato, Jaheel Hyde, Annsert, Whyte (JAM); Jehue Gordon (TTO)

Women(6): Tia-Adana Belle (BAR); Leah Nugent, Janieve Russell, Ristananna Tracey (JAM); Janiel Bellille, Sparkle McKnight (TTO)

3000m Steeplechase

Women(1):
Aisha Praught (JAM)

High jump

Men(3):
Trevor Barry, Donald Thomas, Jamal Wilson (BAH)

Women(3): Priscilla Frederick (ANT);  Akela Jones (BAR); Jeanelle Scheper, Levern Spencer (LC)

Long jump

Men(3):
Tyrone Smith (BER); Damar Forbes, Aubrey Smith (JAM)

Women(1): Bianca Stuart (BAH)

Triple jump

Men(6):
Latario Collie-Minns, Leevan Sand (BAH); Yordanys Duranona (DMA); Troy Doris (GUY); Clive Pullen (JAM); Muhammad Halim (ISV)

Women(3): Thea Lafond (DMA); Shanieka Thomas, Kimberly Williams (JAM)

Shot put

Men(2):
Eldred Henry (IVB); O’Dayne Richards (JAM)

Women(2): Danniel Thomas (JAM); Cleopatra Borel(TTO)

Discus

Men:(1)
Fedrick Darces (JAM)

Women(3): Tarasue Barnett, Kellion Knibb, Shadae Lawrence (JAM)

Hammer

Women(1):
Daina Levy (JAM)

Javelin

Men(1):
Keshorn Walcott (TTO)

Heptathlon

Women(1):
Akela Jones (BAR)

Decathlon

Men(2):
Kurt Felix, Lindon Victor (GRN)

4x100m

Men(4):
ANT; JAM; SKN; TTO

Women(2): JAM; TTO

4x400m

Men(3):
BAH; JAM; TTO

Women(2): BAH; JAM
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 05:07:40 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Team TTO Athletes in action today!!
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2016, 05:26:08 AM »
Team TTO Athletes in action today!!

https://www.iaaf.org/competitions/olympic-games/the-xxxi-olympic-games-5771/country/trinidad-and-tobago

TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO AT THE XXXI OLYMPIC GAMES, BRAZIL RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL 05 AUG 2016 - 21 AUG 2016

UPCOMING EVENTS - 12 AUG 2016 (Click links below to view Startlists & Results)

SEX   ATHLETE   DOB   DISCIPLINE   ROUND   LOCAL TIME   MY TIME   PB   SB

W   Cleopatra BOREL   10/03/1979   Shot Put   Qualification   10:05   13:05   19.48i   18.78
M   Machel CEDENIO   06/09/1995   400 Metres   Heats   21:05   00:05   44.34   44.34
M   Lalonde GORDON   25/11/1988   400 Metres   Heats   21:29   00:29   44.52   44.69
M   Deon LENDORE   28/10/1992   400 Metres   Heats   21:37   00:37   44.36   45.31
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 05:46:24 AM by Socapro »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
World record in the 10000m geh lick down. Several records broken in that race. Dibaba could not hang with her compatriot. First track final of these Games and what a run. :applause:

1]; } ?>