April 27, 2024, 11:23:56 AM

Author Topic: IOC Rio 2016 Olympics: Fri.5th~Sun.21st Aug 2016 (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)  (Read 78115 times)

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: IOC Rio 2016 Olympics: Fri.5th~Sun.21st Aug 2016 (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
« Reply #300 on: August 18, 2016, 09:06:37 AM »
Maybe we have to change the order?

I was just happy with no baton issues.

True, we were running 42.0x last year but I guess KAB isnt as strong and MLA isnt as rested.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 18, 2016, 09:11:54 AM »
Is the present structure of the false start rule, the best approach?

Offline RC

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 18, 2016, 09:14:33 AM »
Sub 38 is a good run, but i am not sure they can run much faster.
Disappointed with the ladies, maybe lane one was a factor. i was surprised at the running order, i thought kelly ann would lead off and semoy would run 3rd leg

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 18, 2016, 09:18:17 AM »
Disappointed with the ladies, maybe lane one was a factor. i was surprised at the running order, i thought kelly ann would lead off and semoy would run 3rd leg

They in the final, have an oppy to get it right when it counts  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 18, 2016, 09:22:21 AM »
How come the forumites eh talking about De Grasse?

Hw many born and raised athletes from Canada you want us to talk about?

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 18, 2016, 09:29:05 AM »

The ladies ran very well for 3 legs (no issues with SH, MLA, or KAB), they got the baton (cleanly) with Germany, then inexplicably our anchor St. Fort ran a sub-par leg getting outdistanced by an average German sprinter by almost a second and letting Nigeria go by for second. We ended up being the slowest sure qualifier before the 2 fastest losers, putting us in lane 2 or 7 in the final. That to me points to some kind of injury. if so they may need to consider running Reyare Thomas in the final, unless the issue with St. Fort was something temporary like nerves, a cold, dehydration, food poisoning, etc.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 09:30:51 AM by STMB »

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #306 on: August 18, 2016, 09:33:06 AM »
USA women just DQ'd with a baton drop in 4x100
final field

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 18, 2016, 10:05:53 AM »
Did they make it to the next round? If they did. They better come to a quick decision. By the way Kerron Clement won the GOLD. The only Trini to do so, so far. Oh Gosh, give the man some love nah! Congrats Kerron.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 18, 2016, 10:08:34 AM »
Did they make it to the next round? If they did. They better come to a quick decision. By the way Kerron Clement won the GOLD. The only Trini to do so, so far. Oh Gosh, give the man some love nah! Congrats Kerron.

tears yes... :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 18, 2016, 10:08:58 AM »
What the forum think about the escalating Lotche affair?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 18, 2016, 10:10:09 AM »
Ato need to work some magic. The USA will get either a rerun or be put into the final. I just hear that on cbc

Offline RC

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 18, 2016, 10:14:09 AM »

The ladies ran very well for 3 legs (no issues with SH, MLA, or KAB), they got the baton (cleanly) with Germany, then inexplicably our anchor St. Fort ran a sub-par leg getting outdistanced by an average German sprinter by almost a second and letting Nigeria go by for second. We ended up being the slowest sure qualifier before the 2 fastest losers, putting us in lane 2 or 7 in the final. That to me points to some kind of injury. if so they may need to consider running Reyare Thomas in the final, unless the issue with St. Fort was something temporary like nerves, a cold, dehydration, food poisoning, etc.
[/quote
i had a look at the race again KSF may have started too early the slowed before receiving the baton. Even taking this into account she made no impression on the german or nigerian runners. with the USA out a medal is a possibility if they run better in the final

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 18, 2016, 10:15:19 AM »
Ato need to work some magic. The USA will get either a rerun or be put into the final. I just hear that on cbc
Aint that some bull?

Had that happened to TTO and we protested they would have said "part of the game, happens all the time, should have prepared for such an occurrence, hard luck, too bad, bye bye"

So now, they just have to run faster than China (42.70) to make the final. If I were China, I would counter-protest.

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 18, 2016, 10:19:49 AM »

[/quote
i had a look at the race again KSF may have started too early the slowed before receiving the baton. Even taking this into account she made no impression on the german or nigerian runners. with the USA out a medal is a possibility if they run better in the final

http://www.cnc3.co.tt/press-release/tts-4x100-womens-relay-team-3rd-heat-qualify-final

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 18, 2016, 10:22:04 AM »
Aint that some bull?

Had that happened to TTO and we protested they would have said "part of the game, happens all the time, should have prepared for such an occurrence, hard luck, too bad, bye bye"

So now, they just have to run faster than China (42.70) to make the final. If I were China, I would counter-protest.

Things are a bit complicated:
"The Jury of Appeals for the Rio Games upheld the USA’s appeal, saying that Felix was indeed obstructed on the second exchange. The relay team will re-run the race alone tonight (7 p.m. ET), needing to post a time of at least 42.70 seconds to advance into the finals.

"But a successful re-run will create a second problem: Both China and Canada finished with identical 42.70-second times. Therefore, should the USA post a faster time, China and Canada would need to race again to decide which team makes the eight-country final."

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 18, 2016, 10:44:58 AM »

The splits available yet?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 18, 2016, 10:48:56 AM »

After seeing the video replay, it was clear that the Brazilian bumped into the American, so yes I agree the protest has validity and the Americans should have a re-run.

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #317 on: August 18, 2016, 11:04:33 AM »
Aint that some bull?

"The Jury of Appeals for the Rio Games upheld the USA’s appeal, saying that Felix was indeed obstructed on the second exchange. The relay team will re-run the race alone tonight (7 p.m. ET), needing to post a time of at least 42.70 seconds to advance into the finals.

"But a successful re-run will create a second problem: Both China and Canada finished with identical 42.70-second times. Therefore, should the USA post a faster time, China and Canada would need to race again to decide which team makes the eight-country final."
Canada was ruled to have run .001 faster than China, so they wouldn't race again.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 18, 2016, 11:15:09 AM »
I'm very concerned about our womens relay. We will be getting a bad lane. And our chances for getting a medal is very dim. Please tell me the relay coach was trying something out. Kelly is not what she was. And Khalifa might have let the pressure get to her.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 18, 2016, 11:27:18 AM »
I'm very concerned about our womens relay. We will be getting a bad lane. And our chances for getting a medal is very dim. Please tell me the relay coach was trying something out. Kelly is not what she was. And Khalifa might have let the pressure get to her.
All who you expected us to beat to get the medal ? especially now that USA back in the mix. I expected a 5th if everything went well, especially after our individual 100 runs. Yet in relays, any number (baton) could play..Dominican Republic didn't get a chance to move the baton an inch, so you never know.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 18, 2016, 11:31:48 AM »

Wait you had high hopes before the Olympics? Anyway still hoping for a very goo result

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 18, 2016, 12:47:53 PM »
Aint that some bull?

Canada was ruled to have run .001 faster than China, so they wouldn't race again.

Aren't there 9 lanes on the track why not just run all 9 teams?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 18, 2016, 03:58:00 PM »
This isn't fair to China. The US have an easier chance to get a good time. They should run Canada USA and China. Top 2 to get the final spots.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 18, 2016, 04:01:33 PM »
US qualifies with 41.76. Hard luck to China.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 18, 2016, 04:06:53 PM »
Looks like we getting lane 8 or 1. US got the fastest qualifying time.

Offline RC

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 18, 2016, 04:27:09 PM »
it will be 7 or 8, fastest losers get 1 or 2

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 18, 2016, 05:28:31 PM »
I think it's fair to have high hopes for the ladies seeing as they were the bronze medalists from last year at the World Champs. I don't think that will be the case this year unless we can dip below 42 which seems unlikely.

GB pulled together and have athletes that are more rested/practiced/in better shape.

MLA: 100m finals, 200m finals
Semoy: 100 semis, 200 semis
KAB: 100 heats
Khalifa St fort: fresh

DAS: 200m finals
AP: 100m semis
DH: 100 semis
DN: 100 heats

« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 05:44:14 PM by Trini1 »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 18, 2016, 06:51:29 PM »
I think it's fair to have high hopes for the ladies seeing as they were the bronze medalists from last year at the World Champs. I don't think that will be the case this year unless we can dip below 42 which seems unlikely.

GB pulled together and have athletes that are more rested/practiced/in better shape.

MLA: 100m finals, 200m finals
Semoy: 100 semis, 200 semis
KAB: 100 heats
Khalifa St fort: fresh

DAS: 200m finals
AP: 100m semis
DH: 100 semis
DN: 100 heats

I believe we have to be prepared to run 41.5x or faster if we want to medal in front of Britain and Germany.

If Khalifa can't do a much faster anchor than she did in the Heats due to injury or nerves then I would replace her with Kai Selvon for the anchor so our line-up in final would be:-

Hackett => MLA => KAB => St Fort (If Ato has confidence that St Fort can do a sub-10 anchor and is fully recovered from her injury)

Hackett => MLA => KAB => Selvon (If Ato has confidence that Selvon can do a sub-10 anchor and St Fort is NOT fully recovered from her injury)

Alternatively  if we believe this order will bear us a faster time as we are aimining not just for a sub-42 time but for 41.5x time or faster if we seriously plan to medal:-

KAB => MLA => Hackett => St Fort (If Ato has confidence that St Fort can do a sub-10 anchor and is fully recovered from her injury)

KAB => MLA => Hackett => Selvon (If Ato has confidence that Selvon can do a sub-10 anchor and St Fort is NOT fully recovered from her injury)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 06:58:20 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 18, 2016, 07:15:41 PM »
Where Socapro? He say this 4x100 team would have run under 38. They lucky if they make the final.

Stop twisting my words my friend. I said they are capable of running sub-38 if everyone appears in similar form to what they displayed at National Champs. I did not say that they would have run under 38.

Plus the 4x100m relay is yet to come so they still have the ability if they can get their act together and want to contend for a medal.

What we know for sure is that they will need to run sub-38 if they wish to medal in the relay.
Its not impossible if everyone is firing and the baton exchanges are all on point so we lose no gound on the exchanges.

I respect your optimism Soca. But this team is not capable of running sub 38, 38.1 or 38.2. The 2012 team did not run sub 38. And Richard, Keston and Emmanuel were in much better form then. I see them running  about 38.2 at the best.  Won't be enough for a medal.

One last thing, something is not looking right for KB, RT and RS. They looked 10x better at trials. They all ran the race much smoother. But today they all looked sloppy. They all looked like they are nursing something.

Where is gawd on pitch?

4X100 METRES RELAY MEN RESULT   
FIRST 3 IN EACH HEAT (Q) AND THE NEXT 2 FASTEST (Q)

HEAT 2 18 AUG 2016 11:48 
POS   ATHLETE   COUNTRY   MARK      REACTION TIME

1   JAPAN   JPN JPN   37.68 Q   AR   0.144
2   JAMAICA   JAM JAM   37.94 Q   SB   0.159
3   TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO   TTO TTO   37.96 Q   SB   0.134
4   GREAT BRITAIN & N.I.   GBR GBR   38.06 q      0.153
5   BRAZIL   BRA BRA   38.19 q   SB   0.163
6   GERMANY   GER GER   38.26      0.155
7   CUBA   CUB CUB   38.47      0.184
8   NETHERLANDS   NED NED   38.53      0.143

Lesson here is not to underestimate the ability of our team.

Hopefully they will run even faster in the final if they plan to medal. A time closer to our NR of 37.62 will be nice and is possible if they execute efficient baton changes in the final and produce the foot speed they are all capable of.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 07:54:40 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 18, 2016, 07:46:01 PM »
That wasn't even close.
Is a good thing Gatlin ankle was huttin him.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

1]; } ?>