March 28, 2024, 07:50:49 PM

Author Topic: IOC Rio 2016 Olympics: Fri.5th~Sun.21st Aug 2016 (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)  (Read 76839 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: IOC Rio 2016 Olympics: Fri.5th~Sun.21st Aug 2016 (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
« Reply #360 on: August 19, 2016, 09:00:13 PM »
Look how America is dominating the medal table in Track and Field despite all that hate they receive (mostly from Jamaicans). Their mental toughness is sound and solid. We should learn from them
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 09:24:04 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 19, 2016, 09:07:38 PM »
Now Keshorn Walcott is our last line of defense tomorrow. Unfair he has to shoulder all the pressure after such a disappointing performance from the Olympic team. But we will see if he rise to the occasion

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 19, 2016, 09:12:54 PM »
Jeez, guava season coming! I honestly did not belief this would happen.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 19, 2016, 09:37:57 PM »
Jason I agree, time to get rid of some of those board members. With this type of poor performance, other serious countries will replace the President one time!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 09:40:52 PM by soccerman »

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 20, 2016, 07:58:27 AM »
Jason I agree, time to get rid of some of those board members. With this type of poor performance, other serious countries will replace the President one time!

Sorry to disappoint you but those board members are not going anywhere which is unfortunate.  The problem is not only the administration.  They are terrible as hell but most of the fans are just as bad.

The first step is for the "fans" to get their @$$ up from the couch and start attending track meets.  It real funny we have the majority of the population on FB talking like experts and criticizing the athletes but when you go a track meet in Trinidad the attendance is in the hundreds.  You ever saw a track meet in Jamaica?  The atmosphere makes the Olympics look soft.

Forumites keep posting about our performance deteriorating at the Carifta Games, are any of you going to the Carifta Games to support the kids?  Are you going to National Secondary Schools T&F Championships?  Are you going to sports day for your alma mater?  Are you going to the Southern Games?  Until you can answer yes to most of those questions you are a big part of the problem.

Young kids in Trini play football more than run track because of the support youth football receive (plus they pull more girls in football compared to track).  So guess what happens?  The better athletes end up playing football versus track and field.  Yet we have been more successful in track and field compared to football.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 08:04:19 AM by real madness »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 20, 2016, 09:01:23 AM »
Good pts RM

Qu: what exactly is the football equivalent of winning an individual gold medal at world's or Olympics?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 20, 2016, 10:22:26 AM »
Good pts RM

Qu: what exactly is the football equivalent of winning an individual gold medal at world's or Olympics?

Good question.  It is not an apples to apples comparison.  Just like comparing Bolt's medal count to Phelps is not apples to apples.  Swimmers have the opportunity to win more medals in a single games because in general they can participate in more events than a T&F athlete.

To answer your question, there is only one world cup title to be won every 4 years compared to more medals to be won by a T&F athlete. One is a team sport while the other is individual.

My guess would be a world cup quarterfinal would equivalent to a medal. So a semis might be equivalent to the gold medal.  Your question is a difficult one to answer.  However, in regards to Trinidad success on a global level the answer is clear that we are more successful in T&F compared to football.

We have only qualified for one world cup yet we criticize MLA for being the 6th fasted in the world in 100m and 200m.  Can anyone here on the forum say they are the 6th best in the world within any aspect in their life? 

Let's say we all work in oil & gas, so the equivalent of T&F events would be job functions or job titles: drilling engineer, reservoir engineer, chemical engineer, IT manager, supply chain manager, finance manager, etc.  Can any of us claim to be the 6th best in the world in our respective professions?

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 20, 2016, 10:37:06 AM »
Look how America is dominating the medal table in Track and Field despite all that hate they receive (mostly from Jamaicans). Their mental toughness is sound and solid. We should learn from them

A Jamaican hating poster called Justin Nero posted that exact comment word for word on my facebook page.
Do you happen to be that same Justin Hero on facebook by any chance?
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 20, 2016, 10:40:20 AM »

A Jamaican hating poster called Justin Nero posted that exact comment word for word on my facebook page.

I saw that comment on an ugly ass looking poster Facebook member page name  'Ian Socapro Henry'. Is that you?  :rotfl:

He is an American track hater. I think that is you :rotfl:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 10:42:00 AM by Sando prince »

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 20, 2016, 10:41:41 AM »

I don't think it is hate with yardies.  It is more pride and competitiveness.  You will find haters wherever you go but in general I don't think it is hate in this case.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 20, 2016, 10:43:03 AM »

I don't think it is hate with yardies.  It is more pride and competitiveness.  You will find haters wherever you go but in general I don't think it is hate in this case.

I have seen the most disgusting comments. For the most part the average American do not follow Track to the extent of the average Jamaican or hold a sentimental value to the sport as Jamaicans, so you don't see a similar response in hate or most times not much backlash to the hate.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 20, 2016, 11:00:32 AM »

I saw that comment on an ugly ass looking poster Facebook member page name  'Ian Socapro Henry'. Is that you?  :rotfl:

You are projecting Justin. I do not hate American track, just prefer to support Caribbean track athletes above American track athletes because I am from the Caribbean, that is all. Many of our T&T athletes are based in or train in America and some were even born there.

PS:

Btw why the concern about me being ugly in your opinion, are you a female or a puff?

At least I have enough confidence in how I look to use a pic of myself as my profile pic on facebook unlike a certain Jamaican hating fellow called Justin Hero.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 20, 2016, 11:02:46 AM »

I have seen the most disgusting comments. For the most part the average American do not follow Track to the extent of the average Jamaican or hold a sentimental value to the sport as Jamaicans, so you don't see a similar response in hate or most times not much backlash to the hate.

Yeah they don't follow the sport like yardies but that don't stop them from being experts right now.  What might be driving the "hate" from yardies is the poor coverage.  Of course the commentators are pro US but they always big up Bolt but then always state he has less medals than Phelps.  When Phelps is swimming they don't talk about Bolt winning every Olympic final he has participated in, a claim Phelps cannot make.  So I am not saying I agree with the disgusting comments but Americans are just as guilty so my approach is to not read any comments. Stupidiy can be contagious at times.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 20, 2016, 11:07:24 AM »

You are projecting Justin. I do not hate American track, just prefer to support Caribbean track athletes above American track athletes because I am from the Caribbean, that is all. Many of our T&T athletes are based in or train in America and some were even born there.

PS:

Btw why the concern about me being ugly in your opinion, are you a female or a puff?

At least I have enough confidence in how I look to use a pic of myself as my profile pic on facebook unlike a certain Jamaican hating fellow called Justin Hero.

'Ian SocaPro Henry' you decide to put your pic out there, now we know who is this fella who been hating on the American track athletes for years. We see you comments on several sites. You play with fire, you will get burned.

Go ask dat Justin fella why you not seeing his pic, because it seems yuh want to see his face. If you want to join the disgusting comments laid at American track athletes (by mostly Jamaicans) dais your problem, do not label others who wish to not join the process 'haters'.

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 20, 2016, 11:07:45 AM »

They know how to use their influence - Might is Right!!

First the women's 4x100m relay got back into the final via the very unusual run-off without Canada and China.
Today I'm hearing the men's 4x100m relay may get back their bronze.
They almost got Robby Andrews back in the 1500m final after he stepped off the track for a stride or 2 in his home stretch win.

Meanwhile we're still out of the 4x400m relay final for same type of infringement - ONE (NOT TWO or THREE) bleeding step out of lane by Lalonde, which to me has happened many times in the past, even at this level. I think this rule should be subject to discretion.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 11:09:19 AM by STMB »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: August 20, 2016, 11:11:38 AM »

PS:

'Ian SocaPro Henry' you decide to put your pic out there, now we know who is this fella who been hating on the American track athletes for years. We see you comments on several sites. You play with fire, you will get burned.

Go ask dat Justin fella why you not seeing his pic, because it seems yuh want to see his face. If you want to join the disgusting comments laid at American track athletes (by mostly Jamaicans) dais your problem, do not label others who wish to not join the process 'haters'.

Please bring a quote of me supporting any disgusting comments against Americans by Jamaicans you peanut brain excuse for a human being called Justin Hero on facebook.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 20, 2016, 11:14:03 AM »

PS:

Please bring a quote of me supporting any disgusting comments against Americans by Jamaicans you peanut brain excuse for a human being called Justin Hero on facebook.

We know what you look like American track hater 'Ian Socapro Henry', all the years you joining the disgusting comments by the yardies on several sites against American athletes, we can now put a face to the hate.

Take yuh time,  Doh play innocent now  :D

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 20, 2016, 11:18:39 AM »

PS:

We know what you look like American track hater 'Ian Socapro Henry', all the years you joining the disgusting comments by the yardies on several sites against American athletes, we can now put a face to the hate.

Once again please provide the proof you puff who is so concerned with how a man face is looking in his profile pic on facebook.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 20, 2016, 11:23:30 AM »

PS:

Once again please provide the proof you puff who is so concerned with how a man face is looking in his profile pic on facebook.

I don't have to provide shit, I have seen what you said about Felix, Gatlin, Merritt and other sprinters on another site. Most times influenced by the hate of others. Yuh lying hypocrite.

Anyway play yuhself, ah done with your ignorance for now, so I can focus on my T&T athletes.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 20, 2016, 11:32:15 AM »

PS:

I don't have to provide shit, I have seen what you said about Felix, Gatlin, Merritt and other sprinters on another site. Most times influenced by the hate of others. Yuh lying hypocrite.

Anyway play yuhself, ah done with your ignorance for now, so I can focus on my T&T athletes.

Thanks for confirming that you are just a "Jamaican hater" who is looking for company regards someone who is supposedly an "American hater" so you can feel better about your own illogical hatred for Jamaicans.

You can't bring one quote of me supporting hatred against Americans by Jamaicans and we all know why.
Stop making shit up to try to justify your own hateful mindset against your own Caribbean brothers and sisters who you sound rather envious of in your lame efforts to belittle them at every opportunity.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 11:38:27 AM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 20, 2016, 11:34:57 AM »

PS:

Thanks for confirming that you are just a Jamaican hater who is looking for company regards someone who is supposedly an American hater so you can feel better about your own illogical hatred for Jamaicans.

You can't bring one quote of me supporting hatred against Americans by Jamaicans and we all know why.
Stop making shit up to try to justify your own hateful mindset against your own Caribbean brothers and sisters who you sound rather envious of in your lame efforts to belittle them at every opportunity.

Yo trying hard 'Ian SocaPro Henry'. Nice try with the Caribbean brothers and sisters too.  :D

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 20, 2016, 11:43:35 AM »

PS:

Thanks for confirming that you are just a Jamaican hater who is looking for company regards someone who is supposedly an American hater so you can feel better about your own illogical hatred for Jamaicans.

Yo trying hard 'Ian SocaPro Henry'. Nice try with the Caribbean brothers and sisters too.  :D

If you don't bring a quote to support your childish claim that I support hate for Americans by Jamaicans or apologise for lying, I might be forced to delete all of your posts with your false accusations against me from this thread.

You are forgetting that I am a Moderator here who is not obliged to allow folks to falsely accuse me of stuff without any evidence to back it.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 11:45:31 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 20, 2016, 11:58:03 AM »
The idiot Sando Prince is no longer allowed to post to this thread unless he brings a quote to back his accusations of me supporting hatred by Jamaicans towards Americans or posts an apology for lying on me.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 12:02:07 PM by Socapro »

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #383 on: August 20, 2016, 12:45:54 PM »
Everyone is talking about a bad exchange outside the zone between Rodgers and Gatlin, but Bromell stepped over the line on his last step before tumbling across the finish line.
I'm not enough of a track expert to know if this would be a DQ, but seems like it. Ato, what do you say?

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 20, 2016, 01:25:44 PM »
Everyone is talking about a bad exchange outside the zone between Rodgers and Gatlin, but Bromell stepped over the line on his last step before tumbling across the finish line.
I'm not enough of a track expert to know if this would be a DQ, but seems like it. Ato, what do you say?

I don't think you qualify for being DQed for running out of lane on the home straight once you don't disadvantage another runner by obstructing them or gain any advantage while doing so.
America can keep their bronze medal for this race, which they seem to have earned fairly and squarely.

Big-up to Japan also who has now replaced T&T as the 3rd fastest national 4x1 team of all time behind Jamaica and USA. When we get 100% serious we can produce a team that will run 37.5x or faster and so regain our no.3 position or better still even challenge USA and Jamaica for the no.2 and no.1 spots.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 01:32:48 PM by Socapro »

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 20, 2016, 01:32:35 PM »

No it does not. Actually as long as you don't impede another runner. But on the curves if you step on or into the inside lane yes because it shortens your distance.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 20, 2016, 01:40:59 PM »
Qustion for Ato , Soca and others in the know. how come we never protested USA in 2011 when they clearly impeded us on the final change. Should we not have had a run off against the clock like the USA women?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/44GP0Co8IR0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/44GP0Co8IR0</a>
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 01:54:44 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 20, 2016, 02:00:08 PM »
Qustion for Ato , Soca and others in the know. how come we never protested USA in 2011 when they clearly impeded us on the final change. Should we not have had a run off against the clock like the USA women?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/44GP0Co8IR0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/44GP0Co8IR0</a>

You do not have a run-off after a final you can only do that for Heats and Semis.
Also even if we were not impeded by USA we were not in a position at the final hand off to win a medal so protesting made no sense on this occasion I would guess.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 20, 2016, 02:17:36 PM »
@ Soca thanks for info  :beermug: Although I disagree that we were not in the running. We had a bad 3rd hand off which left us in 5/6th instead of 3rd. But I believe all things considered the USA fall and all. we were not going to catch France but I think Richard had he not been impeded would have ran down St. Kitts. 

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 20, 2016, 02:19:25 PM »
T&T has won medals in 5 consecutive Olympics. Tonight that streak is on the line. Keshorn it is all up to you. Come on my brother we know you can do it......

1]; } ?>