March 28, 2024, 02:24:31 AM

Author Topic: 15th IAAF World Championships 2015: 22nd~30th August (Beijing, PR of China)  (Read 73294 times)

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
So it is confirmed. No Sorrillo or Telesford. 4x100 up in the air.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20150820/sports/relay-blow

Will sound harsh,but they might as well scrap the team. However if they run, I will still cheer as painful as it will be.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Six years ago, Bolt smashed the World
« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2015, 08:10:24 PM »
Six years ago, Bolt smashed the World
By Simone Proietti, TrackAlerts.Com Writer
August 20th, 2015 10:01am (TrackAlerts.com)

Usain Bolt wins Men's 100m Final at IAAF World Championships in Berlin 2009

Back to the future, six years ago in the Berlin Olympiastadion, the majestic theatre,  Jesse Owens became a legend in 1936, routing the opponents in the home of “Third Reich”. 73 years later another legend is destined to be crowned, during the show of XII IAAF World Championships.

Usain Bolt is the big shot, the star on the new blue track that is built to enhance champion’s qualities, drive and push. The Jamaican man is the face of the event, the eve is all for him and his teammates, with people seeking pictures, t-shirts, souvenirs with yellow-green-black colors all around the city. In Alexanderplatz there’s also a village dedicated to Jamaica and the “reggae style”, where you can challenge your friends in a short track, winning prizes, signed “Jam”.

Usain is the Olympic champion, demolishing rivals and records in Beijing 2008, throwing his lightning in the sky of global sport. All the world talks about his feat, about three Olympic golds and records, deleting the boundaries of sprint. An advertising campaign in Berlin shows him happy with open arms and a notice below, “WHO FASTER?”, a question without answer. With his performances, he created a rift between him and the other sprinters, a light that the athletic fans are expecting also in Germany.

On 15th August, in the morning, the debut is a stroll under the tribune, trundling out the second half of his heat, first in 10.20. A sunny and warm afternoon is the stage of quarter finals, Bolt is in lane 4, on the left of his friend and sparring partner, the Antiguan Daniel Bailey. Talking and smiling, the two Caribbeans control the leadership, 10.02 for Bailey, one hundredth more for Bolt. The rivals are impressive in the other heats, Asafa Powell and Tyson Gay run under 10.00 seconds, a business card to increase tension, to excite the crowd.

On 16th August the big day: the World Champs Daily News talks about “the duel”, Tyson Gay vs Usain Bolt, that is the challenge of the night. But before that in the afternoon are planned the semifinals, at 19:10 the first with Bolt still against Daniel Bailey. After two false starts and some thrilling moments, with a sigh of relief for safety of the Jamaican and disqualification of the British Tyrone Edgar, the race gives emotions and great results. Usain Bolt calls silence before the start, then a good drive phase launches him to an easy victory, joking and running in relaxation for an amazing 9.89. Behind him, Bailey (9.96), Darvis Patton (9.98) and Marc Burns (10.01) enter the final. In the other semifinal Tyson Gay respects his role, winning in 9.93 against Asafa Powell (9.95), with Richard Thompson (9.98) and Dwain Chambers (10.04), qualified for the final.

The crowd is waiting for the event, only 100 meters to know who is the king. The Jamaican flags wave on the bleachers, a banner says “BOLT is a LEGEND”. The Olympiastadion is full at 21:30, Valerie Adams is celebrating her gold medal in shot putt around the track, the atmosphere is electric, expecting an amazing show. Lane 4 Usain Bolt, lane 5 Tyson Gay, lane 6 Asafa Powell, three arrows ready to start towards the sprint crown. The Olympic champion is joking around behind the blocks, greeting the spectators and playing with TV camera. Nearby him a serious Tyson Gay drinks from his water bottle, while a friendly and unconventional Asafa Powell imitates his compatriot in jokes. The remainder is history: an astonishing drive out of the blocks, fast, intensive, powerful, side to side with Tyson Gay only in the first meters.

The acceleration phase leaves space to a superlative flying race, against time, to confirm his kingdom. A glance right and left, none is able to resist, Powell and Gay left behind, far away. When Bolt cuts the finish line the crowd is crazy, a thunder consequent to the lightning that has burned the track in 9.58! The world record, the fastest on the planet and a gold medal to affirm the Jamaican power. Asafa Powell celebrates with him for a good bronze medal, third in 9.84, beaten by a great Tyson Gay, the new American record holder, second in 9.71.

The photographers run behind them, the Jamaicans dance and greet the crowd, a reggae party is begun. It was 16th August 2009, when another legend conquered Berlin, when another man sprinted in the athletics history.

IAAF World Championships - Berlin 2009: Men's 100m Final
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/By1JQFxfLMM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/By1JQFxfLMM</a>
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 09:03:53 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Will sound harsh,but they might as well scrap the team. However if they run, I will still cheer as painful as it will be.

The Men 4x100m relay team of Thomas, Geaux, Callender & Bledman running in that order can still make the 4x100m final. And if they all execute smooth efficient baton changes they can even run a season best and beat a couple teams in the final.

If they do that I'll be pleased with their efforts and it will be a positive result heading into Rio next year where we will hopefully have all of our best sprinters in the squad and not be affected by so many injuries.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 09:28:18 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I expect the Americans to start racking up medals in the early stage of this Championship

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

The Men 4x100m relay team of Thomas, Geaux, Callender & Bledman running in that order can still make the 4x100m final. And if they all execute smooth efficient baton changes they can even run a season best and beat a couple teams in the final.

If they do that I'll be pleased with their efforts and it will be a positive result heading into Rio next year where we will hopefully have all of our best sprinters in the squad and not be affected by so many injuries.

We may have a chance of making the finals with that team. Although, there are no real stand outs this year, getting a medal will be tough.  We are up against the Canadians, French, GB (No Gemili), Japan and Antigua. No teams from St Kitts or Barbados.  All of those teams have had problems with getting the baton to the line in the past. So a medal is possible if we do it right.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

We may have a chance of making the finals with that team. Although, there are no real stand outs this year, getting a medal will be tough.  We are up against the Canadians, French, GB (No Gemili), Japan and Antigua. No teams from St Kitts or Barbados.  All of those teams have had problems with getting the baton to the line in the past. So a medal is possible if we do it right.
:thumbsup: to highlighted!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 12:39:33 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Good company ...Borel fine-tunes with World and Olympic champ
« Reply #96 on: August 21, 2015, 08:08:20 AM »
Good company
Borel fine-tunes with World and Olympic champ

By Kwame Laurence (T&T Express)
Published on Aug 20, 2015, 9:04 pm AST

Valuable help: Cleopatra Borel. —Photo: AP

Trinidad and Tobago's newly-crowned Pan American Games women's shot put champion, Cleopatra Borel, was in Switzerland during the first half of August, fine-tuning her preparations for the 2015 IAAF World Championships here in Beijing, China. In Switzerland, she trained alongside her close friend, New Zealand's two-time Olympic gold medallist Valerie Adams.

Borel is fourth on the 2015 world outdoor performance list at 19.26 metres, and is expected to be in contention for precious metal at the Bird's Nest Stadium. The qualifying round is scheduled to start at 10.10 tonight (TT time), while the final takes place from 8.05 tomorrow morning.

Adams, meanwhile, is not fully fit following surgery and will not defend her title at the Beijing Worlds.

Borel (CB), who is coached by Cuban Ismael Lopez Mastrapa, spoke to the Trinidad Express' Kwame Laurence (KL) about her training stint in Switzerland.

KL: What prompted you to train in Switzerland, ahead of World Champs?

CB: I decided to stay over in Europe because it's a great environment for training. Valerie trained with me every day. Being double Olympic gold medallist, many times world champion, being able to train with her, even though she's not able to come here, really pushed me.

I did coach's programme, his lifting and his throwing programme. But Valerie just helped me, watching me and sort of correcting my technique and motivating me through the workout. She showed me some of the things that she does, and how she approaches lifting and throwing and all of that. We were just kind of collaborating. A real good, positive environment for training. That's really important for me.

In addition, with the time change and all of that, it just made sense to me to stay in Europe and then come over directly to China. It wasn't easy but it was possible and I'm really thankful to Valerie for that.

KL: How long did you stay in Switzerland?

CB: I was there for 12 or 13 days. It was the first time I had such an extended period of training with Valerie, but also we did everything together. In the past we would train together but say, for example, if she has gym and I have throws, I would do throws and she would do her gym. But because she was not coming to World Championships, she did my programme. We did everything together. So it was really a good push for me.

At times when I felt like I couldn't do more on the bench, she would just slap on the weight and say 'come on'. She's really, really tough, and when I would accomplish that weight, she would say 'see I told you', and put more on. So that kind of hesitation I have sometimes and not believing in myself, she really tried to push me. Sometimes when you're training on your own and you don't really have that push from an outside influence, you can get stagnated.

It was really good training with her. Valerie is on another level when it comes to taking risks, and being out there. She's super strong, super tall, just a super athlete, so being around someone like that elevates your game. I think I'm good for her also. I show her how I do some stuff. And I think we work well together. We've known each other since Commonwealth Games 2002. I don't think it's typical for two people in the same event to be that cool. It's really special.

KL: Valerie Adams is your friend, but she is also your rival. Do you have mixed feelings over her absence from the World Championships?

CB: When we compete together, Valerie pushes me. I don't have mixed feelings about it because I want Valerie to be at a hundred percent for the Olympics. I don't want Valerie to be injured and I don't want Valerie throwing 18 metres. I want Valerie to be at her best at the Olympics, and I want to get to her level. That's how I feel about it.

I wish she were here today because when we compete it's good. I've thrown a lot of my national records while I'm training with Val, and while we're on the circuit together and we're pushing each other. She helps to elevate my game, and ultimately that's what I want. I don't want everyone to throw 17 metres so I can win. That's not what it's about for me.

KL: Have you set any goals beyond the World Championships, or is it all about this weekend?

CB: All my goals are really looking forward towards Brazil, towards the Rio Olympics, so for me this is preparation towards Rio. This is as close as I'm going to get to the actual competition field and the format of the competition towards Rio. Rio is really the ultimate for me, and this is just another step towards that.

KL: You're 36 now. Will Rio possibly be your last Olympics?

CB: Not possibly, not possibly, no, no, no, no, no. Come on Kwame (laughing). Definitely the last, and I'm going to enjoy it wholeheartedly.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Borel leads T&T bid in Beijing
« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2015, 08:18:41 AM »
Borel leads T&T bid in Beijing
By Nicholas Clarke (T&T Guardian)
Published: Friday, August 21, 2015

Flashback: T&T’s Cleopatra Borel competes during the women's shot put at the 11th IAAF World Athletics Championships in 2007 at the Nagai Stadium in Osaka, Japan. AP Photo

Shot putter Cleopatra Borel, will begin T&T’s bid for medals at the 15th IAAF World Championships in Beijing, China, when she competes in the qualifying round of her event  tonight at 10.10 pm (T&T time).

It will mark Borel’s sixth appearance at the World Championships. Her best performance to date came in Daegu, South Korea in 2011 when she finished 13th overall. That year was her best ever as she improved her national outdoor record to 19.42m at the IAAF Diamond League in Paris, France. In Berlin, Germany in 2009, she narrowly missed the finals by 11 cm. Annie Alexander was T&T’s second representative in the event when she joined Borel in Berlin and placed 27th in the qualifying round with a mark of 16.01m.

At 35, Borel is the oldest of the eight female and 11 male competitors for team T&T and will be competing against 68 other international athletes. No male athlete has yet competed for T&T at the World Champs in the shot put.

This year has been a stellar year for Borel as she won gold at the Pan American Games in Toronto, Canada after bronze in 2007 (Rio de Janeiro) and silver in 2011(Guadalajara). Of all the athletes registered to compete in Beijing, Borel has the fourth best throw this year (19.26m) so the prospect of a medal is real. The NAAA wishes Borel and the team all the best on their quest for precious metal.

T&T suffered a major blow to its medal chances when Pan American bronze medallists Rondell Sorrillo and Dan-Neil Telesford were both forced out of the Championships, after coming down with injuries. With less than 36 hours before the start, team doctor Anyl Goopesingh indicated that Sorrillo had suffered a grade two strain of the quadriceps, a re-injury of the quads that first occurred during the IAAF World Relays in Bahamas three months ago, while Telesford had a loose body in his left knee.

Sorrillo was scheduled to run in tomorrow's 100m heats, while Telesford was part of the Men’s 4x100m relay pool. Both athletes were part of T&T’s Pan Am 4x100m bronze medal winning team in Toronto last month. With their departure, the team has been depleted to a bare four (Keston Bledman, Emmanuel Callender, Kyle Greaux, Mikel Thomas).

2013 World 400m hurdles champion Jehue Gordon will start the defense of his title at 6:35am (T&T time) tomorrow morning. The event is one of two in which T&T has medaled in both the male and female categories with the 100m being the other. The semifinals are set for Sunday at 6.40 am with the finals carded for Tuesday at 8.25 am.

Team T&T has earned one gold medal through Gordon, who won the one lap hurdles title in Moscow, Russia in a national record of 47.69 seconds two years ago. He became the second senior World Champion for T&T following Ato Boldon’s success in the 200m in 1997 in Athens, Greece. It also marked his second global title after capturing the 2010 World Junior crown in Moncton, Canada.

With his victory in Moscow, Gordon became the youngest ever winner of the Men’s 400m hurdles at 21 years, 243 days. He also set the record as the youngest finalist when he was fourth in the event in 2009, Berlin, Germany at 17 years, 246 days with a time of 48.26 (a then national record and the fastest ever time by a 17-year-old). He improved on the 48.66 set in the heats.

It will mark Gordon’s fourth World Championships. Following his stunning performance in Berlin, much was expected two years later in Daegu, South Korea but he bowed out in the semifinals, missing the final by 0.01 seconds.

As the reigning champion, he received an automatic spot into the championships though his 2015 season has been interrupted with injuries, which prevented him from competing at the Pan American Games in Toronto in July. He also had a spill on the IAAF Diamond League circuit, which slowed down his progress. His season’s best of 49.22 ranks him at 23rd among the athletes entered to compete. However, the UWI, QRC and Belmont Boys Secondary graduate will be determined to put in a good fight to defend his title.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Borel in the hunt
« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2015, 08:23:54 AM »
Borel in the hunt
By Kwame Laurence (T&T Express)
Published on Aug 20, 2015, 9:13 pm AST

Cleopatra Borel will throw second in Group “A” in the women's shot put qualifying competition, at the IAAF World Championships here in Beijing, China tonight (TT time). The Trinidad and Tobago field athlete will see action shortly after the event begins at 10.10.

Borel's first target is 18.30 metres, the automatic qualifying distance for tomorrow's 8.05am final. She has bettered that mark 10 times in 11 outings this season, and should have no problems doing it again and advancing to her second final at the global outdoor meet.

On her only previous appearance in a World Championship final, at the 2011 edition in Daegu, Korea, Borel finished 13th with a 17.62 metres effort. She currently holds fourth spot on the 2015 world outdoor performance list at 19.26m, and will go into the competition as a genuine medal contender.

Germany's Christina Schwanitz is the world leader at 20.77m, and will carry the favourite's mantle. China's Lijiao Gong and American Michelle Carter are also challengers for the title.

Borel enjoyed a rest day yesterday, and seemed at peace with herself during an interview with the Express at the team hotel.

“I feel as though I've done everything I could possibly do. I feel relaxed because I'm going to do my best. That's all I can do. My confidence is in the knowledge that I've done the work.”

The 36-year-old field athlete said she is not focused on any particular distance, nor is she thinking about the colour of precious metal she would like to wear around her neck.

“I'm not chasing medals or anything like that because I've done that in the past and it has really stressed me out and put me in a bad position. All I can do is my very best. I can't affect how my competitors compete. If I have a good performance and it leads to a medal, I'd be grateful for that. But if I have a good performance and it doesn't lead to a medal, I'd be grateful for that as well.

“I'm taking things one step at a time. I'm looking at the qualifying, then getting into the top eight. When I start thinking about distance, that stuff just stresses me out. I'm focused on my technique, and just being relaxed and executing.”

In 28 of her 30 outings over the past two seasons, Borel has bettered the 18-metre mark, and in five of those competitions she has thrown more than 19 metres. The 2015 Pan American Games champion said the chemistry she enjoys with her Cuban coach, Ismael Lopez Mastrapa has a lot to do with her level of consistency.

“He's a good coach for me. He has a lot of knowledge, but he also respects the experience that I have. He allows me to incorporate what I know with what his training philosophy is. We can both find a happy place in the middle.”

Borel and Coach Ismael would be extremely happy if the veteran thrower is able to produce a podium finish in her sixth World Championship appearance.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TT start Beijing quest tonight
« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2015, 08:28:11 AM »

TT start Beijing quest tonight
By ASHFORD JACKMAN Friday, August 21 2015 (T&T Newsday)

TWO FULL days before the start of competition, Trinidad and Tobago’s medal ambitions at the 15th IAAF World Championships had already taken a hit, when it was confirmed that the Men’s 4 x 100m relay squad had been reduced by injury to a bare four runners.

Officials were quick to suggest though that the news had not adversely affected the mood among TT ’s 21 athletes.

The official statement from the National Association of Athletics Administrations (NAAA) was that sprinter Rondell Sorrillo’s injury was a grade 2 strain of the quadriceps, a re-injury of the quads that first occurred three-and-a-half months ago at the IAAF World Relays in the Bahamas. In the case of Dan-Neil Telesford, he was found to have a “loose body” in his left knee.

NAAA official Allan Baboolal explained that both men had been attended to by Dr Anyl Goopeesingh in Trinidad and had been passed.

“The injuries might have been aggravated in the (Beijing) training camp,” Baboolal supposed.

“At the time of selection, we did not see any signs of injury.” TT sprint veterans Richard Thompson and Marc Burns (injuries) as well as Darrel Brown and Marcus Duncan (unavailable) had ruled themselves out long before the selection committee had met to name the squad.

The outcome of the latest developments is that the TT men’s sprint relay squad, almost always a contender at the major international events, is down to Keston Bledman, Emmanuel Callender, 200m runner Kyle Greaux and 110m hurdler Mikel Thomas. They will have to run through the rounds without any chance of anyone being rested.

Meantime, Cleopatra Borel will be the first TT athlete in action at the World Championships when she contests the preliminary round of the Women’s Shot Put on Saturday morning in Beijing (10.10pm tonight TT time).

Once she qualifies for the final, she would be back in action in a matter of hours (8.05am Saturday TT time) vying to be among the medals.

Bledman will also be in action between tonight and Saturday morning, as the first round heats in the Men’s 100m will also be run off on day one at the championships; it will be a test of inner strength for the 27-year-old who failed to medal at the Pan Am Games earlier this year. Additionally, Jehue Gordon will begin his defence of the Men’s 400m Hurdles at around the same time.

The next event in which TT is registered to compete will be the Men’s 400m opening round heats on Saturday night (Sunday morning in Beijing). Pan Am Games silver medalist Machel Cedenio is expected to be among TT ’s contenders; the country’s other representative would be a choice between two 2012 Olympic mile relay bronze medallists, Deon Lendore and Lalonde Gordon, the latter who also won the bronze in the individual event in London 2012.

Immediately following the event will be the first round heats in the Women’s 100 metres, in which Kelly-Ann Baptiste and Michelle-Lee Ahye are not expected to have any problems advancing to the later stages of the competition.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 01:00:52 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
World Champs Facts: Did You Know?
« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2015, 08:51:29 AM »
World Champs Facts: Did You Know?
August 21st, 2015 1:50am (TrackAlerts.com)

1. Darryl Brown (TTO) became the youngest ever male Medallist, when at 16 years 305 days he anchored His country’s men's 4x100m team to silver at the 2001 edition in Edmonton, Canada.

2. Yohan Blake (JAM) is the youngest ever men's 100m champion. Blake won the 2011 title in Daegu, South Korea in 9.92 seconds at 21 years 245 days to break the previous record held by Carl Lewis (USA) following his victory at the first World Champs in 1983. In Helsinki, Finland. Jamaican-born Linford Christie ( GBR) is the oldest champion to date when at 33 days 135 days he won the 1993 title in Stuggart, Germany.

3. Kirani James (GRN) is youngest ever 400m champion at 18 years 363 days. James was two days shy of his 19th Birthdayday, when he won the 2011 title in Daegu, South Korea. He also became the youngest ever medalist in the event.

4. Ryan Brathwaite (BAR) is the youngest ever men's 110m hurdles champion. Brathwaite was 21 years 75 days when he raced to gold in 2009 in Berlin, Germany.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 09:21:18 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Caribbean athletes in action: Day 1 Schedule
« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2015, 08:58:38 AM »
Caribbean athletes in action: Day 1 Schedule
By: Noel ‘Bravo’ Francis, Special to Trackalerts.com

Morning session in Beijing

The Caribbean will have a number of promising athletes on the opening day (Friday Aug 21 Caribbean time) of competition at the 15th World Championship in Beijing, China. In the morning session, Akela Jones (20) of Barbados makes her senior debut at a major championship in the women’s heptathlon. The NCAA Division One champion will compete in the final heat of the 100m at 9:24 pm Barbados time (8:24 pm Jamaica time). Also making her World Championship debut is Jamaica’s Salcia Slack (25). She will compete in heat two at 8:08 pm Jamaica time. Both ladies round off the morning session with the high jump (Heptathlon) starting an hour later.

Two Caribbean women will also be in action in the shot put. Trinidad & Tobago’s Cleopatra Borel, the 2015 Pan American Champion and Jamaica’s Danniel Thomas will be seeking to advance from group ‘A’ in the qualification round. See schedule below:

Women’s 100m hurdles Heptathlon

8:08 pm (Jamaica time) – Salcia Slack    (Jamaica)

9:24 pm (Barbados time) – Akela Jones  ( Barbados)

High Jump Heptathlon

9:10 pm (Jamaica) & 10:10 pm ( Barbados)  - Akela Jones (BAR) & Salcia Slack (JAM)

Women’s Shot Put

8:10 pm (Jamaica) & 9:10 (Trinidad & Tobago) -  Cleopatra Borel (T&T) & Danniel Thomas (JAM)

Afternoon Session

Final round of women’s shot put (Heptathlon)

5:30 am/6:30 am (Jamaica/Barbados) - Akela Jones (BAR) Salcia Slack (JAM)

Men’s 400m hurdles heat one

5:35 am/6:35 am (Jamaica/Bahamas) - Roxroy Cato (JAM), Jeffrey Gibson (BAH)

Men’s 400m hurdles heat two

5:43 am/6:43 am (Jamaica/Trinidad & Tobago) – Leford Green (JAM), Jehue Gordon (T&T)

Men’s 400m hurdles heat three

5:51 am (Jamaica time) – Annsert Whyte (JAM)

Women’s triple jump Group ‘A’   

6:10 am (Jamaica time)  - Kimberly Williams (JAM) & Shanieka Thomas (JAM) Group ‘B’

Men’s 100m Heats  

6:20 am (Jamaica time +1hour for the Caribbean) - Entry list TBA

Women’s Shot Put final round  (Heptathlon) 

7:05 am (Jamaica time + 1hour for Trinidad & Tobago) - Entry list TBA

Women’s 200m Heptathlon 

7:15 am (Jamaica time +1hour for Barbados ) - Akela Jones (BAR) & Salcia Slack (JAM)

Men’s 10,000 metres final

7:50 am (Jamaica time +1 hour for the Caribbean) - ( Mo Farah, Geoffrey Kamworor, Paul Tanui, Galen Rupp, Cameron Levins)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 09:18:07 AM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Doubt he will beat Oliver in Beijing but still incredible story

MERRITT IS ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY AFTER LIFE-THREATENING ILLNESS

http://www.iaaf.org/competitions/iaaf-world-championships/news/aries-merritt-hurdles-kidney-disease?utm_source=social&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=merritt

Aries Merritt ended the 2012 season as the Olympic champion and world record-holder. In the space of a month, he had achieved his two biggest career goals. He was at the top of his game and poised to go on to greater things.

So to be told one year later that he may never run again was utterly devastating.

The US sprint hurdler had been struggling for form throughout most of 2013, incapable of producing his times from the previous season yet unable to explain why that was the case.

“At the 2013 World Championships in Moscow, I noticed that something was wrong,” said Merritt. “After Moscow, I started to get very sick. I had an extreme lack of energy, shortness of breath and difficulty recovering.”

Merritt felt a shadow of the athlete he was in 2012 when he had smashed the world 110m hurdles record with 12.80. Two months after the World Championships, he checked into the emergency room at the Mayo Clinic in Arizona.

“When they told me I had kidney disease, I was heartbroken,” Merritt said, recalling his diagnosis. “Not being able to do the thing I love doing so much was very painful to come to terms with. I was in denial and for a while I was in a very depressed state of mind. I was happy they found the problem but I didn’t understand why it was happening to me after such an amazing season in 2012.”

The cause of Merritt’s kidney disease was a rare genetic disorder, found predominantly in African Americans. Added to that, Merritt’s kidneys were being further attacked by parvovirus B16, which got into his kidneys and bone marrow and wreaked havoc on his body.

“It was a double whammy,” said Merritt. “Just my luck of the draw.”

Merritt was in hospital from October 2013 to late April 2014. When he checked in, his kidney function was down to 15%. Just walking and menial everyday tasks were a challenge. His kidneys were so damaged that they couldn’t process protein, so that had to be taken out of his diet. Unable to eat properly, his weight dropped.

Training was out of the question.

“During that time, I couldn’t do any repetitions or any weights,” said Merritt. “But for my sanity, I went to training after many hours of treatment at the hospital, just so I could attempt to feel a little bit normal.”

He was treated with IVIG (intravenous immune globulin) to get rid of the parvovirus, which was his doctors’ main concern. Once that was out of his kidneys and bone marrow, the doctors attempted to recover what remaining kidney function the virus didn’t damage.

But it didn’t quite go to plan. Treatment had to be stopped because the IVIG didn’t mix well with Merritt’s blood, resulting in haemolysis, the destruction of red blood cells. His kidneys were improving, but the rest of his body was suffering.

Doctors eventually rectified the problems with the treatment and Merritt gradually began to recover. Off the back of minimal training, he competed at the Steve Scott Invitational in California in May 2014 and finished third in 13.78, his slowest time for four years and almost a full second shy of his world record.

He went on to compete on the international circuit that summer and didn’t win a single race, finishing seventh at the IAAF Diamond League final in Brussels, the scene of his world record just two years prior.

But Merritt was delighted with his season.

“When I returned to the sport, I wasn’t as frustrated as you would think,” he said. “After being told that I would never be able to run again, I was simply happy to be able to do what I love.

“Of course I was sad to under-perform but I literally had about four to six weeks of training before I returned to competition. Even with such low training volume, I was able to muster a 13.27 season’s best.”

Another year down the road, Merritt’s kidney function is still less than 20%. Running and training remains extremely difficult, but he is slowly regaining form.

He clocked a season’s best of 13.12 at the IAAF Diamond League meeting in Eugene and then booked his spot on the US team for the IAAF World Championships in Beijing by finishing third at the US Championships.

The 110m hurdles can be unpredictable at the best of times. Combined with the USA’s cut-throat selection policy of the first three past the post at the trials, it makes it all the more impressive that Merritt has qualified to represent the USA at five successive global outdoor championships.

Making the latest team, though, was the biggest challenge.

“By far it’s the hardest team to make in the most competitive event in the USA, so it was a big relief to finish in the top three,” Merritt said. “Given what I’m going through, it’s a blessing. It gave me confidence, but I know there is still so much more I can offer. I just need to be 100% healthy to do it.

“Compared to the level I was at in 2012, I’d say I’m probably at about 75% fitness,” he added. “But after I recover from surgery, hopefully I will have a better chance of surpassing my previous record.”

The IAAF World Championships get underway tomorrow and the 110m hurdles final takes place exactly one week from now. On 1 September, just four days after the 110m hurdles final, Merritt will have a kidney transplant. But that doesn’t alter his aims for the coming week.

“My goal in Beijing is like everyone’s goal: to win and become world champion,” said Merritt with his trademark smile. “But in my current condition, even though the odds are against me, making the final and being a medallist would more than suffice.

“The past few years have been hard for me, but I hope to give inspiration to people who have had a life-threatening illness to not give up and still pursue their dreams.”

Jon Mulkeen for the IAAF

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Caribbean at the World Championships....MOST MEDALS
« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2015, 09:36:32 AM »
Caribbean at the World Championships
....MOST MEDALS

August 21st, 2015 6:34am (TrackAlerts.com)

Usain Bolt leads the Men's pack in WC gold medals.

MEN

Usain Bolt (JAM) leads the men's medals table with 10 along with Carl Lewis (USA).  Both have won eight gold medals but Bolt holds a slight edge with two silvers when compared to Lewis' one silver and one bronze. Bolt is set to assume the top spot should he win a medal of any hue in Beijing. Of course, gold is the expected color for him.

Bolt's collection includes a hat-trick of 200m and 4x100m titles and a pair of 100m crowns. His silver medals came in the 200m and 4x100m relay in 2007.  In Beijing he is entered to contest the 100m, 200m and 4x100m so at best he could come away with another triple gold.

Ten medals
 Usain Bolt (JAM)-8 gold, 2 silver

Six medals
 Gregory Haughton(JAM)-4 silver, 2 bronze
 Five medals
 Avard Moncur (BAH)-2 gold, 2 silver, 1bronze
 Kim Collins (SKN) -1 gold, 1silver, 3 bronze
 Danny McFarlane (JAM) - 5 silver
 Davian Clarke (JAM) - 4 silver, 1 bronze

Four medals
 Nesta Carter (JAM) - 2 gold, 1silver, 1bronze,
 Chris Brown (BAH) - 1 gold, 2 silver, 1bronze
 Ato Boldon (TTO) -1 gold, 1 silver, 2 bronze
 Asafa Powell (JAM) -1 gold, 1 silver, 2 bronze
 Darryl Brown (TTO) - four silver
 Michael Blackwood (JAM) - 2 silver, 2 bronze

Three medals
 Michael Frater (JAM) - 2 gold, 1silver
 Michael McDonald (JAM) - 3 silver
 Nathaniel McKinney (BAH) - 2 silver, 1bronze
 Brandon Simpson (JAM) - 2 silver, 1bronze
 Marc Burns (TTO) - 3 silver
 Wintrop Graham (JAM) -1 silver, 2 bronze
 Lansford Spence (JAM) -1 silver, 2 bronze

Two medals
 Yohan Blake (JAM) - 2 gold
 Troy McIntosh (BAH) -1gold, 1silver
 Steve Mullings (JAM) -1gold, 1silver
 Dwight Mullings (JAM)-1gold, 1silver
 Carl Oliver (BAH)-1 gold, 1bronze
 Andre Williams (BAH)-2 silver
 James Beckford (JAM) -2 silver
 Chris Williams (JAM) -2 silver
 Jacey Harper (TTO) -2 silver
 Raymond Stewart (JAM) -1silver, 1 bronze

WOMEN

Ottey (JAM/SLO) is the all-time medal table topper to date with 14 medals, four more than the leading male medal winners-Usain Bolt (JAM) and Carl Lewis (USA). Ottey won all her medals competing for Jamaica before switching allegiance to Slovenia. Her impressive haul includes three gold, 4 bronze and seven bronze. More significant are the six straight medals (silver, bronze, bronze, gold, gold, bronze) she won in the 200m from 1983 to 1997!!!!.

Veronica Campbell-Brown (JAM)  is the next best Caribbean female performer and is the third highest number of medals on the table with nine (two gold, seven silver). Her gold medals were won in the 100m in 2007 and the 200m in 2011. In Beijing she is set to add to her tally.

Fellow Jamaicans Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, Beverly Mc Donald and Lorraine Fenton have all won seven medals. Fraser-Pryce's collection consists of five gold medals after her triple triumphs in 2013 in the 100m, 200m, and 4x100m and her double wins in 2009 in the 100m and 4x100m. In Beijing she will be going for a third gold in the 100m and the 4x100m. 

Fourteen medals
 Merlene Ottey (JAM)-3 gold, 4 silver, 7 bronze

Nine medals
 Veronica Campbell-Brown (JAM)-2 gold, 7 silver

Seven medals
 Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce (JAM)-5 gold, 2 silver
 Beverly McDonald (JAM)-1gold, 4 silver, 2 bronze
 Lorraine Fenton (JAM)-1 gold, 3 silver, 3 bronze

Five medals
 Kerron Stewart (JAM)-2 gold, 3 silver
 Merlene Frazer (JAM)-1 gold, 1 silver, 3 bronze
 Deon Hemmings (JAM)-1 gold, 1silver, 3 bronze
 Sandie Richards (JAM)-1 gold, 1silver, 3 bronze
 Shericka Williams (JAM)-5 silver
 Novlene Williams-Mills (JAM)-4 silver, 1bronze

Four medals
 Debbie Ferguson-McKenzie (BAH)-2 gold, 1silver, 1bronze
 Chandra Sturrup (BAH)-1gold, 2 silver, 1bronze
 Juliet Cutbert (JAM)-1gold, 2 silver, 1bronze

Three medals
 Aleen Bailey (JAM)-1gold, 1silver,1bronze
 Dahlia Duhaney (JAM)-1gold, 1silver,1bronze
 Brigitte Foster-Hylton (JAM)-1gold, 1silver,1bronze
 Shereefa Lloyd (JAM)-3 silver
 Delloreen Ennis-London (JAM)-1silver, 2 bronze
 Michelle Freeman (JAM)-1silver, 2 bronze

Two medals
 Pauline Davis-Thompson (BAH)-1gold, 1silver
 Sheri-Ann Brooks (JAM)-1gold, 1silver
 Simone Facey (JAM)-1gold, 1silver
 Melaine Walker (JAM)-1gold, 1silver
 Savatheda Fynes (BAH)-1gold, 1bronze
 Michelle Burgher (JAM)-1gold, 1bronze
 Davita Prendergast (JAM)-2 silver
 Sherone Simpson (JAM)-2 silver
 Rosemarie Whyte (JAM)-2 silver
 Rosetta Smith (JAM)-1 silver, 1bronze
 Juliet Campbell (JAM)-2 bronze
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 09:43:02 AM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I expect the Americans to start racking up medals in the early stage of this Championship

This was the medal table at the end of the previous World Championships

http://www.iaaf.org/competitions/iaaf-world-championships/14th-iaaf-world-championships-4873/medaltable

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
More than seven million dollars on offer in Beijing
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2015, 10:03:17 AM »
More than seven million dollars on offer in Beijing

A total of USD $7,194,000 in prize money will be paid* at the IAAF World Championships, Beijing 2015 to the leading athletes and teams in the 47 events being contested in the Chinese capital.

Individual Events
 Gold: USD $60,000
 Silver: USD $30,000
 Bronze: USD $20,000
 Fourth place: USD $15,000
 Fifth place: USD $10,000
 Sixth place: USD $6000
 Seventh place: USD $5000
 Eighth place: USD $4000

Relays (per team)
 Gold: USD $80,000
 Silver: USD $40,000
 Bronze: USD $20,000
 Fourth place: USD $16,000
 Fifth place: USD $12,000
 Sixth place: USD $8000
 Seventh place: USD $6000
 Eighth place: USD $4000

In addition, for the 15th edition of the IAAF's flagship event, which is set to be staged in Beijing from 22-30 August, the IAAF is proud to again present its World Record Programme.

Athletes achieving a world record will be eligible for a special world record bonus worth USD $100,000.

The World Records Programme is presented with the support of Official IAAF Partners TDK (men's events) and Toyota (women's events).

It should be noted that the performance must be an improvement on the existing IAAF world record. Performances which equal the existing record will not be eligible for an award.

*The payment of prize money and bonuses is dependent upon athletes clearing the usual anti-doping procedures.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 10:11:45 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Caribbean women at the World Championships....BET YUH DIDN'T KNOW
« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2015, 10:33:24 AM »
Caribbean women at the World Championships
....BET YUH DIDN'T KNOW

August 21st, 2015 6:41am (TrackAlerts.com)

Merlene Ottey at World Champs in Athens 1997.

1. Merlene Ottey (JAM) is the oldest women's 200m champion. Ottey was 35 years 92 days when she won back-to-back 200m title in1995 in Gotenburg, Sweden.

2. Brigitte Foster-Hylton (JAM) is the oldest women's 100m hurdles champion. Foster-Hylton was 34 years  285 days when she won the 2009 title in Berlin, Germany.

3. Trecia Smith (JAM) is the oldest women's triple jump champion. Smith struck gold in 2005 in Helsinki, Finland at 29 years 275 days.

4. Chandra Sturrup (BAH) is the oldest medalist in the women's 4x100m relay. In 2009 in Berlin, Germany, Sturrup was 37 years 344 days when she was part of the Bahamas team which won silver behind Jamaica.

5. Merlene Ottey (JAM) is the oldest medallist in the women's 100m and 200m. In the 100m, Ottey was 35 years 89 days when she was second in 1995 in Gotenburg, Sweden. In the 200m she was two years older when at 37 years 90 days she finished third in 1997 in Athens, Greece.
Ottey also holds the records as the oldest competitor in the 100m  (47 years 108 days-2007-Osaka,Japan, competing for Slovenia), 200m (43 years 108 days-2003, Paris, France, competing for Slovenia) and 4x100m relay (43 years 111 days-2003).

6. Chandra Sturrup (BAH) is the oldest finalist in the women's 100m and 4x100m relay. At 37 years 339 days Sturrup was seventh in the 100m finals in 2009 in Berlin, Germany. She was 37 years  344 days in the 4x100m five days later, helping Bahamas to silver.

7. Nikole Mitchell (JAM) is the youngest finalist in the women's 100m. At 19 years 72 days Mitchell was seventh in 1993 in Stuggart, Germany.

8. Shaunae Miller (BAH) is the youngest finalist in the women's 200m. Miller was 19 years 123 days when finished fourth in 2013 in Moscow, Russia.

9. Mardrea Hyman (JAM) is the oldest finalist in the women's 3000m steeplechase. At 34 years 248 days she was 14th in 2007 in Osaka, Japan.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 12:08:57 PM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Defiant Gatlin ready to challenge Bolt at World Championships

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sports/3822127-defiant-gatlin-ready-challenge-bolt-world-championships

Friday's forecast for Duluth and the Northland: Warming up
Thursday's weather for Duluth and the Northland: Skies clearing by day's end
Wednesday's weather for Duluth and the Northland: Plenty of rain, wind and fog
As he nears the biggest race of his life, against Usain Bolt at the world championships on Sunday, the American hopes the world recognizes he is more than that — much more.

The 100-meter showdown in Beijing matches the 33-year-old, undefeated for two years in sprints, against Jamaican world-record holder Bolt in the sport’s marquee event.

With world track and field continuing to wrestle with a series of doping allegations which have rocked the sport in recent weeks, the Gatlin-Bolt clash has come, to many, to represent a tangible manifestation of the sport’s woes.

The championships will be littered with drug cheats who have served their punishment, but Gatlin holds a special place in the Hall of Shame.
In normal circumstances that second positive test, in 2006, would have earned him a lifetime ban; but after he co-operated with anti-doping authorities he ended up exiled for only four years.
The 2004 Olympic and 2005 world 100-meter champion is now back and unbeaten since 2013 ― a total of 27 races in both the 100 and 200 sprints.
Most of the build-up to the nine-day championships, which start Saturday, has focused on doping with Gatlin’s record very much to the fore.
“Just remember I am more than four years. I am more than two bans,” Gatlin said Thursday. “I have done a lot before, and I have done a lot after that.”
Gatlin refuses to consider himself a dope cheat, arguing that his first positive test for a stimulant was a result of medication he had been using for years and maintaining his second came through a masseur rubbing testosterone cream into his legs.
Still, though, in the eyes of many in the world of track and field, his race with Bolt is evil versus good, with Bolt, who has never failed a doping test, representing the best of the sport.
“I really don’t care what they think,” Gatlin said. “I am just a runner like he is a runner. There is no good runner or bad runner. We are just runners. No one is trying to take over the world. No one is trying to blow up the world.”
Whether the world would accept him as the sport’s 100-meter champion is of little concern to him, Gatlin said.
“There are not going to be (gold) medals passed out to everybody in the world,” he said. “It is going to be passed out to one person, the champion.”
Winner of only one of seven career meetings with Bolt, Gatlin admitted every sprinter, including him, would have to be on their AA game to beat Bolt, who has run infrequently this year because of injuries.
“On paper I am in the best shape of my life, and I am ready to do whatever it takes,” he said.
That may be faster than the American has ever run.
Gatlin has posted lifetime bests of 9.74 seconds in the 100 and 19.57 in the 200 this year, while Bolt’s world records are 9.58 and 19.19 from 2009.
But because of Bolt’s injury problems and few races this year, the most pressure might be on the Jamaican, Gatlin suggested.
“I would think a lot of people would say he does (have the much pressure),” Gatlin said. “He has such a championship winning streak going on. But at the same time I have a lot to prove. I have a lot I want to get done. So I would say it is equal.”
Yet he was clear about one thing.
Winning a gold medal 10 years after his first world championship would be more important than just beating Bolt.
“You have got to go through all of the opponents to get to the gold medal,” he said.
As for what has been the highlight of his two undefeated years, Gatlin says: “I think the highlight is yet to come.”

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Usain Bolt Warns Rivals: "I'm At My Best, I'm Running Well"
« Reply #108 on: August 21, 2015, 12:03:42 PM »
Usain Bolt Warns Rivals:
"I'm At My Best, I'm Running Well"

By Gary Smith, TrackAlerts.Com Contributor
August 21st, 2015 10:05am (TrackAlerts.com)

Usain Bolt on his way to winning the 200m Final at London 2012 Olympics.

BEIJING, China – On the eve of the start of the IAAF World Championships in Beijing, a laidback Usain Bolt warned his rivals: “I’m at my best, I’m running well.”

Bolt Ready To Defend Titles

He continued: “Everything is starting to come together. I’m ready to go.” Bolt heads into the start of this weekend’s World Championships with a lot resting on his shoulders, as the track and field fraternity pins its hope on him dusting the drug cheats and defending his sprint double title from 2013.

The 2015 season has not gone according to the plans of Bolt and his coach Glen Mills, as his preparations for the championships was hampered by a pelvic problem, which contributed to him racing less and being below par during his early and brief contests.

Nevertheless, the world record holder appeared in good spirit during the Puma and Jamaican Athletics Administrative Association (JAAA) press conference at the NUO Beijing Hotel on Thursday, revealing that he and his coach Glen Mills were feeling good about chances.

“I’m feeling good; I wish I could have had more races but training is good,” he says. “Coach is happy and that is good for me to know that.”

Last Race Was Comforting

During his last outing at the IAAF Diamond League meet in London, on 24 July, Bolt sped to back-to-back times of 9.87 seconds over the 100m and he says the performances have given him some confidence for the championships. “In London I had two good races and although I haven’t competed much since then, it was important for me to do the training rather than the competition,” he said.

“I’ve not done a 200m for a while (13 June) although I’ve done a few time trials in training, but the 100m has given me confidence. “Things normally come together for me at championships, I’m not worried.”

Working On His Start…

He added: Starting is always my issue coming into the championships, but I’m where I am supposed to be. “I just now need to go out and execute.” “Competition is competition, it is just about who executes well on the day. I have to get out quickly over the first 50m.”

The stage is now set for Bolt, who turns 29 on Friday, to test his fitness against the fastest man of the last two seasons, Justin Gatlin, who has already posted 9.74 seconds for the 100m and has dipped under the 9.80 secs barrier four times in 2015. Tyson Gay (USA), former world record holder Asafa Powell (JAM), Trayvon Bromell (USA) and Jimmy Vicaut (FRA) are all set to challenge the Jamaican in the 100m, with Gatlin leading the way to finally end Bolt’s reigning in the 200m.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 01:06:29 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
15th IAAF World Championships 2015: 22nd~30th August (Schedule)
« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2015, 02:57:32 PM »
15th IAAF World Championships, Beijing 2015

Schedule

15th IAAF World Championships Beijing, 22–30 August 2015
Schedule Information (Assumes all TTO athletes will make their Finals)
Click Startlist links to view official Startlist & Result for each event.

DAY 1 – 22 AUGUST

MORNING SESSION
LOCAL TIME   UK TIME   SEX   EVENT   ROUND

07:35   00:35   M   Marathon    Final   Startlist & Result         
09:00   02:00   W   100 Metres Hurdles   Heptathlon   Startlist & Result         
09:30   02:30   M   Hammer Throw   Qualification Group A   Startlist & Result         
10:10   03:10   W   Shot Put   Qualification   Startlist & Result (featuring Cleopatra Borel)         
10:20   03:20   W   High Jump   Heptathlon   Startlist & Result         
10:25   03:25   M   3000 Metres Steeplechase   Heats   Startlist & Result         
10:55   03:55   M   Hammer Throw   Qualification Group B   Startlist & Result         
11:15   04:15   W   1500 Metres   Heats   Startlist & Result         
11:50   04:50   M   800 Metres   Heats   Startlist & Result         
12:40   05:40   M   100 Metres   Preliminary Round   Startlist & Result

AFTERNOON SESSION

18:30   11:30   W   Shot Put   Heptathlon   Startlist & Result         
18:35   11:35   M   400 Metres Hurdles   Heats   Startlist & Result (featuring Jehue Gordon)         
18:40   11:40   M   Pole Vault   Qualification   Startlist & Result         
19:10   12:10   W   Triple Jump   Qualification   Startlist & Result         
19:20   12:20   M   100 Metres   Heats   Startlist & Result (featuring Keston Bledman)            
20:05   13:05   W   Shot Put   Final   Startlist & Result (featuring Cleopatra Borel)            
20:15   13:15   W   200 Metres   Heptathlon   Startlist & Result            
20:50   13:50   M   10,000 Metres   Final   Startlist & Result

DAY 2 – 23 AUGUST

MORNING SESSION

08:30   01:30   M   20 Kilometres Race Walk   Final   Startlist & Result         
09:00   02:00   W   Long Jump   Heptathlon   Startlist & Result         
10:05   03:05   M   Shot Put   Qualification   Startlist & Result         
10:25   03:25   W   400 Metres Hurdles   Heats   Startlist & Result (featuring Sparkle Mc Knight)         
10:50   03:50   W   Javelin Throw   Heptathlon Group A   Startlist & Result         
11:10   04:10   M   400 Metres   Heats   Startlist & Result (feat. Cedenio, Lalonde Gordon & Quow)         
12:00   05:00   W   100 Metres   Heats   Startlist & Result (featuring KAB, MLA & Semoy Hackett)         
12:05   05:05   W   Javelin Throw   Heptathlon Group B   Startlist & Result

AFTERNOON SESSION

18:30   11:30   M   Hammer Throw   Final   Startlist & Result      
18:40   11:40   M   400 Metres Hurdles   Semi-Final   Startlist & Result      
19:10   12:10   M   100 Metres   Semi-Final   Startlist & Result      
19:30   12:30   M   Shot Put   Final   Startlist & Result      
19:40   12:40   W   800 Metres   Heptathlon   Startlist & Result   
20:15   13:15   M   800 Metres   Semi-Final   Startlist & Result      
20:45   13:45   W   1500 Metres   Semi-Final   Startlist & Result      
21:15   14:15   M   100 Metres   Final   Startlist & Result

DAY 3 – 24 AUGUST

MORNING SESSION

09:30   02:30   W   Pole Vault   Qualification   Startlist & Result   
09:35   02:35   W   Discus Throw   Qualification Group A   Startlist & Result   
09:45   02:45   W   3000 Metres Steeplechase   Heats   Startlist & Result   
10:00   03:00   M   Long Jump   Qualification   Startlist & Result   
10:45   03:45   W   400 Metres   Heats   Startlist & Result   
10:55   03:55   W   Discus Throw   Qualification Group B   Startlist & Result

AFTERNOON SESSION

19:00   12:00   M   Javelin Throw   Qualification Group A   Startlist & Result (featuring Keshorn Walcott)   
19:05   12:05   M   Pole Vault   Final   Startlist & Result      
19:10   12:10   W   400 Metres Hurdles   Semi-Final   Startlist & Result (featuring Sparkle Mc Knight)   
19:30   12:30   W   Triple Jump   Final   Startlist & Result      
19:40   12:40   W   100 Metres   Semi-Final   Startlist & Result (featuring KAB, MLA & Semoy Hackett)
20:05   13:05   M   400 Metres   Semi-Final   Startlist & Result (feat. Cedenio, Lalonde Gordon & Quow)   
20:25   13:25   M   Javelin Throw   Qualification Group B   Startlist & Result   
20:35   13:35   W   10,000 Metres   Final   Startlist & Result      
21:15   14:15   M   3000 Metres Steeplechase   Final   Startlist & Result      
21:35   14:35   W   100 Metres   Final   Startlist & Result (featuring KAB & MLA)

DAY 4 – 25 AUGUST

AFTERNOON SESSION

19:00   12:00   W   Discus Throw   Final   Startlist & Result      
19:05   12:05   W   400 Metres   Semi-Final   Startlist & Result      
19:25   12:25   M   Long Jump   Final   Startlist & Result      
19:30   12:30   M   200 Metres   Heats   Startlist & Result (featuring Kyle Geaux)
20:25   13:25   M   400 Metres Hurdles   Final   Startlist & Result      
20:35   13:35   W   1500 Metres   Final   Startlist & Result      
20:55   13:55   M   800 Metres   Final   Startlist & Result   

DAY 5 – 26 AUGUST

MORNING SESSION

09:30   02:30   W   Hammer Throw   Qualification Group A   Startlist & Result      
09:35   02:35   M   5000 Metres   Heats   Startlist & Result   
10:00   03:00   M   Triple Jump   Qualification   Startlist & Result      
10:25   03:25   W   800 Metres   Heats   Startlist & Result   
10:55   03:55   W   Hammer Throw   Qualification Group B   Startlist & Result      
11:20   04:20   M   110 Metres Hurdles   Heats   Startlist & Result (featuring Mikel Thomas)

AFTERNOON SESSION

19:00   12:00   W   Pole Vault   Final   Startlist & Result      
19:05   12:05   M   Javelin Throw   Final   Startlist & Result         
19:15   12:15   W   200 Metres   Heats   Startlist & Result    (featuring Hackett, Reyare Thomas & Durant)
20:10   13:10   W   400 Metres Hurdles   Final   Startlist & Result      
20:30   13:30   M   200 Metres   Semi-Final   Startlist & Result   
21:00   14:00   W   3000 Metres Steeplechase   Final   Startlist & Result      
21:25   14:25   M   400 Metres   Final   Startlist & Result (featuring Machel Cedenio)      

DAY 6 – 27 AUGUST

MORNING SESSION

09:30   02:30   M   Discus Throw   Qualification Group A   Startlist & Result   
09:35   02:35   W   High Jump   Qualification   Startlist & Result
09:40   02:40   W   5000 Metres   Heats   Startlist & Result   
10:20   03:20   W   Long Jump   Qualification   Startlist & Result   
10:35   03:35   M   1500 Metres   Heats   Startlist & Result   
10:50   03:50   M   Discus Throw   Qualification Group B   Startlist & Result   
11:15   04:15   W   100 Metres Hurdles   Heats   Startlist & Result

AFTERNOON SESSION

19:00   12:00   W   Hammer Throw   Final   Startlist & Result      
19:05   12:05   M   110 Metres Hurdles   Semi-Final   Startlist & Result   
19:10   12:10   M   Triple Jump   Final   Startlist & Result      
19:35   12:35   W   200 Metres   Semi-Final   Startlist & Result    (featuring Semoy Hackett & Reyare Thomas)
20:05   13:05   W   800 Metres   Semi-Final   Startlist & Result   
20:40   13:40   W   400 Metres   Final   Startlist & Result      
20:55   13:55   M   200 Metres   Final   Startlist & Result   

DAY 7 – 28 AUGUST

MORNING SESSION

08:30   01:30   W   20 Kilometres Race Walk   Final   Startlist & Result         
09:00   02:00   M   100 Metres   Decathlon   Startlist & Result
09:45   02:45   M   High Jump   Qualification   Startlist & Result   
10:05   03:05   M   Long Jump   Decathlon   Startlist & Result
11:55   04:55   M   Shot Put   Decathlon   Startlist & Result

AFTERNOON SESSION

16:15   09:15   M   High Jump   Decathlon   Startlist & Result
19:00   12:00   W   Javelin Throw   Qualification Group A   Startlist & Result   
19:25   12:25   W   100 Metres Hurdles   Semi-Final   Startlist & Result   
19:50   12:50   W   Long Jump   Final   Startlist & Result      
19:55   12:55   M   1500 Metres   Semi-Final   Startlist & Result      
20:20   13:20   M   400 Metres   Decathlon   Startlist & Result
20:25   13:25   W   Javelin Throw   Qualification Group B   Startlist & Result   
21:00   14:00   W   200 Metres   Final   Startlist & Result      
21:20   14:20   M   110 Metres Hurdles   Final   Startlist & Result         
21:35   14:35   W   100 Metres Hurdles   Final   Startlist & Result

DAY 8 – 29 AUGUST

MORNING SESSION

07:30   00:30   M   50 Kilometres Race Walk   Final   Startlist & Result      
09:00   02:00   M   110 Metres Hurdles   Decathlon   Startlist & Result
10:05   03:05   M   Discus Throw   Decathlon Group A   Startlist & Result
10:15   03:15   W   4x400 Metres Relay   Heats   Startlist & Result
10:40   03:40   M   4x400 Metres Relay   Heats   Startlist & Result (featuring Team TTO)   
11:20   04:20   M   Discus Throw   Decathlon Group B   Startlist & Result
12:00   05:00   W   4x100 Metres Relay   Heats   Startlist & Result (featuring Team TTO)   
12:20   05:20   M   4x100 Metres Relay   Heats   Startlist & Result   
13:15   06:15   M   Pole Vault   Decathlon   Startlist & Result

AFTERNOON SESSION

17:00   10:00   M   Javelin Throw   Decathlon Group A   Startlist & Result
17:35   10:35   W   400m Masters   Final   Startlist & Result      
17:50   10:50   M   800m Masters   Final   Startlist & Result      
18:20   11:20   M   Javelin Throw   Decathlon Group B   Startlist & Result   
18:30   11:30   W   High Jump   Final   Startlist & Result      
19:15   12:15   W   800 Metres   Final   Startlist & Result         
19:30   12:30   M   5000 Metres   Final   Startlist & Result         
19:50   12:50   M   Discus Throw   Final   Startlist & Result         
20:10   13:10   M   1500 Metres   Decathlon   Startlist & Result   
20:45   13:45   W   4x100 Metres Relay   Final   Startlist & Result (featuring Team TTO)      
21:10   14:10   M   4x100 Metres Relay   Final   Startlist & Result      

DAY 9 – 30 AUGUST

MORNING SESSION

07:30   00:30   W   Marathon   Final   Startlist & Result   

AFTERNOON SESSION

18:30   11:30   M   High Jump   Final   Startlist & Result      
18:45   11:45   W   Javelin Throw   Final   Startlist & Result         
19:15   12:15   W   5000 Metres   Final   Startlist & Result         
19:45   12:45   M   1500 Metres   Final   Startlist & Result         
20:05   13:05   W   4x400 Metres Relay   Final   Startlist & Result         
20:25   13:25   M   4x400 Metres Relay   Final   Startlist & Result (featuring Team TTO)

Live Streams for World Championships: http://www.justdwlviral.com/dwl/409/2015-iaaf-world-championships-beijing-china-live-stream & https://youtube.com/channel/UCK54EO7U_eGh-Ch1db4OaZg & http://www.cbc.ca/player/Sports/Live+Streaming/ID/2673518374 & http://tvtoss.com/pages/player.php?ch_id=572035734&ctd=1&t=Sports%20Channels
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 09:13:26 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Young Sunshine State Star St. Fort, Ready To Take On The World
« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2015, 06:06:49 PM »
Young Sunshine State Star St. Fort, Ready To Take On The World
By Todd Grasley, IAAF World Championships
Aug 21, 2015 (MileSplit Florida)

Khalifa St Fort proudly displays T&T flag after winning Women’s 100m final at the Pan American Junior Games in Edmonton, Canada. (Photos and video courtesy of Ato Boldon)

Khalifa St. Fort left her high school team after the Texas Relays and trained with Trinidad & Tobago Olympian Ato Boldon full time at the Ansin Sports Complex in Miramar. That decision has paid huge dividends for the seventeen year old star. St. Fort saw her times drop dramatically and her stock rise as she won the Golden South Classic and was third at the Adidas Dream 100 before starting international competition.

Khalifa St. Fort with her coach Ato Boldon in relay training at warm-up track in Beijing.

She won gold at the Trinidad & Tobago Junior National Championship and followed that performance up with a silver medal at the IAAF World Youth Championships in Colombia running one of the fastest time in the country 11.19s! The road was just being paved as she headed out to the Nike Elite Sprint Camp in Oregon to learn from the professionals like Allyson Felix. The rising senior added more gold to her collection finishing first at the Pan Am Junior Games in Toronto. This weekend the youngest member of Team T&T was originally scheduled to compete in the 100 and in the 4x100m relay, but Boldon who is also one of the coaches for the team, says she will just partake in the relay.

"Because Semoy Hackett ran a faster time at Pan Ams and is using the 100 to get ready for the 200 Khalifa will run the relay only. It's too bad because her practice times were very close to Kelly-Ann Baptiste which confirmed that she was ready to PR here again, but she has her whole career ahead of her and three people will never beat her at Trinidad Nationals so she'll be fine."

Click link to view video: https://www.facebook.com/atoboldon/videos/10153615487375152/
(Khalifa St. Fort practices relay drills with her T&T teammates)

St. Fort hasn't run in a relay since Texas Relays nearly five months ago in March. Boldon says she will anchor the team, but only in the rounds.

"She's never really been trained to pass or receive the baton at this level. It took a lot of coaching up in the past week. By putting her at anchor she has the least to do while still getting her feet wet. In the finals we will go with the veterans. The only way she runs the final is if something happens to one of the other three thru their 100 or 200 rounds."
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 08:30:00 PM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

PREVIEW: WOMEN’S 100M HURDLES – IAAF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, BEIJING 2015

http://www.iaaf.org/competitions/iaaf-world-championships/15th-iaaf-world-championships-4875/news/preview/women/100-metres-hurdles

The three fastest athletes in the field – Sharika Nelvis, Dawn Harper Nelson and Kendra Harrison – represent the USA. Given that the defending champion Brianna Rollins is on the same team, the USA could become the first nation in the history of the World Championships to sweep the medals in the sprint hurdles.

After graduating from college in 2014, world leader Nelvis is in her first year on international circuit but has already made a name for herself.

Nelvis was the world’s fastest over the 60m hurdles indoors with a time of 7.83. Four months later, she ran a big PB of 12.34 in the heats of the US Championships to move to the top of the 2015 world list. She followed it up with 12.37 in the semi-final the next day, and although she was slower in the final, she achieved her goal of making the team by finishing third.

In the meantime, the US title went to Harper Nelson. Although the world title has escaped her so far – she was seventh in 2009, third in 2011 and fourth in 2013 – Harper Nelson is one of the most consistent runners in the field and a proven championship performer. She will also be competing in the stadium in which she won Olympic gold seven years ago.

Like Nelvis, Harrison is making her World Championships debut. The 22-year-old is coming off of a successful collegiate season that brought her the NCAA 100m hurdles title and a silver medal in the 400m hurdles. She focused on the shorter race at the US Championships and finished a close second in 12.56.

Last month, in her first ever race outside the USA, Harrison finished second to Nelvis in Monaco in 12.52, just 0.02 outside her PB, to beat the likes of Rollins and Harper Nelson.

Rollins was making headlines heading into Moscow two years ago after clocking 12.26 to break the national record at the US Championships. But in 2015 the defending champion is having a much quieter season. She is yet to gain her first IAAF Diamond League win this year, but her results have been steady improving, indicating the possibility of a breakthrough in Beijing.

The European charge will be led by Tiffany Porter. The bronze medallist two years ago in Moscow and the reigning European champion, the Briton is fourth fastest in the world this year with an early-season 12.56.

Her younger sister Cindy Ofili has recently taken up British allegiance and is set to join Porter on the national team for the first time. She has reasonable podium hopes too after setting a PB of 12.60 in June when finishing second to Harrison at the NCAA Championships.

Olympic champion and world silver medallist Sally Pearson will be missing in action after sustaining a season-ending injury in Rome. The Australian shattered her wrist in a mid-race fall, having to undergo immediate surgery.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cleopatra Borel has qualified for the Shot Put final on her second throw with a distance of 18.55.
The final will start at 8:05am T&T time (Sat 22nd).

http://www.iaaf.org/competitions/iaaf-world-championships/15th-iaaf-world-championships-4875/results/women/shot-put/qualification/result

SHOT PUT WOMEN - GROUP A 22 AUG 2015 10:10
QUALIFYING PERFORMANCE 18.30 (Q) OR AT LEAST 12 BEST PERFORMERS (Q)

POS   BIB   ATHLETE   COUNTRY   MARK

1   447   Christina SCHWANITZ   GER GER   19.39 Q   
2   462   Anita MÁRTON   HUN HUN   18.85 Q   
3   808   Cleopatra BOREL   TTO TTO   18.55 Q   
4   155   Aliona DUBITSKAYA   BLR BLR   18.51 Q   
5   230   Yang GAO   CHN CHN   18.21 q   
6   667   Paulina GUBA   POL POL   17.73 q   
7   866   Tia BROOKS   USA USA   17.71   
8   503   Chiara ROSA   ITA ITA   17.54   
9   165   Geisa ARCANJO   BRA BRA   17.42   
10   837   Galyna OBLESHCHUK   UKR UKR   16.97   
11   272   Auriol DONGMO MEKEMNAN   CMR CMR   16.85   NR
12   527   Danniel THOMAS   JAM JAM   16.62

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Jessica Ennis-Hill: Leaving son for World Championships 'so hard'

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/athletics/34011806

.Olympic heptathlon champion Jessica Ennis-Hill said leaving son Reggie at home to compete at the World Athletics Championships in Beijing was "one of the hardest things" she has done.

Briton Ennis-Hill, 29, is preparing to compete in the championships, which begin on Saturday, after giving birth to her first child in July last year.
"I want to make it really worthwhile and make him proud as well," she said.
She added recent doping allegations surrounding athletics are "depressing".

Ennis-Hill has competed sparingly since winning Olympic gold in 2012, but returned to London's Olympic Stadium to compete in three events at the Anniversary Games in July.

She starts her World Championships heptathlon campaign in the 100m hurdles at 02:00 BST on Saturday.
"I was quite sure I wanted Reggie to stay at home," she told BBC Sport. "I didn't want to bring him all the way here, it is quite a long flight, with the smog and the climate.

"At the same time, it is so hard, being away from him for this amount of time.
"That morning when I left him was one of the hardest things I have ever, ever done. I was overcome with emotion, it is really, really difficult."
The build-up to the championships has been overshadowed by accusations of widespread doping in the sport.
The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) has defended its record on doping.
Denise Lewis, Olympic heptathlon gold medallist

"She would not have put herself on the line if she didn't think she was ready, we saw enough at the Anniversary Games.
"She will be disappointed to come away without a medal but she has to be in it.
"You are a long time from retirement and to miss a championship because of a little bit of uncertainty would be a shame because I think she is good enough to challenge for a medal."

Ennis-Hill said it is "really important to get the message out there that there are so many athletes who train incredibly hard" and to "not get caught up in the horrible, awful news at the moment".
She added: "It is hard, it is depressing and it is really sad to read but there are so many highlights of our sport.
"We have to address all the awful things that are happening and make sure we make a change but we also need to highlight the amazing performance of the athletes who train really hard and do true performances."

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cleopatra Borel has qualified for the Shot Put final on her second throw with a distance of 18.55.
The final will start at 8:05am T&T time (Sat 22nd).

http://www.iaaf.org/competitions/iaaf-world-championships/15th-iaaf-world-championships-4875/results/women/shot-put/qualification/result

SHOT PUT WOMEN - GROUP A 22 AUG 2015 10:10
QUALIFYING PERFORMANCE 18.30 (Q) OR AT LEAST 12 BEST PERFORMERS (Q)

POS   BIB   ATHLETE   COUNTRY   MARK

1   447   Christina SCHWANITZ   GER GER   19.39 Q   
2   462   Anita MÁRTON   HUN HUN   18.85 Q   
3   808   Cleopatra BOREL   TTO TTO   18.55 Q   
4   155   Aliona DUBITSKAYA   BLR BLR   18.51 Q   
5   230   Yang GAO   CHN CHN   18.21 q   
6   667   Paulina GUBA   POL POL   17.73 q   
7   866   Tia BROOKS   USA USA   17.71   
8   503   Chiara ROSA   ITA ITA   17.54   
9   165   Geisa ARCANJO   BRA BRA   17.42   
10   837   Galyna OBLESHCHUK   UKR UKR   16.97   
11   272   Auriol DONGMO MEKEMNAN   CMR CMR   16.85   NR
12   527   Danniel THOMAS   JAM JAM   16.62

As expected. Bring home the medal Cleo!

Offline RC

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Olympic gold silver and bronze medallist in the same 400m heat

Offline RC

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
jehue clearly not fully fit, should have stayed home. I don't want him anywhere near the 4x4 team

Offline RC

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Bellman looks like he may be injured. ? no 4x1 team

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bellman looks like he may be injured. ? no 4x1 team

10.75? Something is definitely wrong. I thought the 4x100 had a chance to make the final and medal. But THAT IS NOT HAPPENING NOW..

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Gatlin looked the best in the men 100m heats

1]; } ?>