March 28, 2024, 06:32:24 AM

Author Topic: 15th IAAF World Championships 2015: 22nd~30th August (Beijing, PR of China)  (Read 73303 times)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
France to be represented by 44 athletes in Beijing
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2015, 08:44:25 PM »
France to be represented by 44 athletes in Beijing
August 11th, 2015 1:41pm (TrackAlerts.com)

Renaud Lavillenie, France star pole-vaulter.

France will be represented by 44 athletes at the IAAF World Championships, Beijing 2015 later this month, 22-30 August.

French team for Beijing

MEN

100m: Christophe Lemaitre, Jimmy Vicaut
 200m: Jeffrey John, Christophe Lemaitre
 400m: Mame-Ibra Anne
 800m: Pierre-Ambroise Bosse
 3000m steeplechase: Yoann Kowal
 110m hurdles: Dimitri Bascou, Garfield Darien, Pascal Martinot-Lagarde
 Pole vault: Renaud Lavillenie, Kevin Menaldo
 Long jump: Kafetien Gomis
 Triple jump: Benjamin Compaore
 Decathlon: Bastien Auzeil, Kevin Mayer
 20km race walk: Kevin Campion
 4x100m: Guy-Elphege Anouman, Emmanuel Biron, Jeffrey John, Christophe Lemaitre, Pierre-Alexis Pessonneaux, Jimmy Vicaut, Pierre Vincent
 4x400m: Mame-Ibra Anne, Teddy Atine-Venel, Mamoudou-Elimane Hanne, Thomas Jordier, Ludvy Vaillant

WOMEN
 400m: Marie Gayot, Floria Guei
 800m: Renelle Lamote
 100m hurdles: Cindy Billaud
 400m hurdles: Aurelie Chaboudez
 Pole vault: Marion Lotout
 Triple jump: Jeanie Assani Issouf
 Discus: Melina Robert-Michon
 Hammer: Alexandra Tavernier
 20km race walk: Emilie Menuet
 4x100m: Stella Akakpo, Celine Distel-Bonnet, Sandra Gomis, Lenora Guion Firmin, Maroussia Pare
 4x400m: Marie Gayot, Floria Guei, Brigitte Ntiamoah, Estelle Perrossier, Agnes Raharolahy, Deborah Sananes
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 09:11:30 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fraser-Pryce to defend both sprints in Beijing
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2015, 08:29:48 AM »
Fraser-Pryce to defend both sprints in Beijing
Published on Aug 11, 2015, 11:52 pm AST (T&T Express)

DEFENDING CHAMPION: Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce

\\\\\ KINGSTON

Jamaican Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce will defend both her sprint titles at this month’s World Championship in Beijing. This was confirmed yesterday after the Jamaica Amateur Athletic Association announced a 53-member team to compete at the August 22-30 showpiece.

The 28-year-old had said she was unsure of defending the 200 metres title, and was determined to focus solely on her pet event, the 100 metres. Fraser-Pryce heads the contingent along with sprint king, Usain Bolt, who will also be defending both his titles he won in Moscow two years ago.

Bolt has been in lacklustre form from this year and heads into the Games with several question marks over his ability to make a successful defence of both crowns.

Last month at the London Diamond League meet, he emerged from a sluggish start to win the 100 metres in 9.87 seconds, which was perhaps his best showing this year.

The Jamaica team also includes former World 100m and 200m champion Veronica Campbell-Brown, along with former World 100m record holder Asafa Powell; 2013 World 200m silver medallist, Warren Weir; and Hansle Parchment, the Olympic Games 110m hurdles bronze medallist. Sherone Simpson, who won gold at the recent Pan Am Games in Toronto, and Kerron Stewart, both Olympic medallists, will also take the trip to the Chinese capital.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 08:36:58 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Champ Jehue in Worlds 21 ...Boldon named among six coaches in T&T contingent
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2015, 09:39:03 AM »
Champ Jehue in Worlds 21
Boldon named among six coaches in T&T contingent

By Kwame Laurence (T&T Express)
Published on Aug 12, 2015, 12:50 am AST

DEFENDING CHAMPION: Jehue Gordon celebrates his World's 400m Hurdles victory at Moscow 2013.

Jehue Gordon is among 21 athletes selected on the Trinidad and Tobago team for the August 22-30 IAAF World Championships in Beijing, China. Gordon will defend his men’s 400 metres hurdles title in Beijing, and is also part of the 4x400m squad.

Another global senior champion, Keshorn Walcott is one of 13 men who will fly the Red, White and Black at Worlds. Walcott is the reigning Olympic men’s javelin champion, and recently added the Pan Am title to his list of accolades.

With triple Olympic silver medallist Richard “Torpedo” Thompson out for the rest of the season with an injury, Keston Bledman leads the charge for T&T in the men’s 100m dash.

The country will have strong representation in the men’s 400m. Four quartermilers have dived under 45 seconds this season. Machel Cedenio is the fastest of the lot at 44.36 seconds, followed by Deon Lendore (44.41), Lalonde Gordon (44.64) and Renny Quow (44.72). A fifth T&T quartermiler, Jarrin Solomon has a 45.15 seconds season’s best to his name.

The three T&T athletes for the men’s one-lap will be chosen from Cedenio, Gordon, Quow and Solomon. Lendore is coming back from injury, and will run only in the 4x400m relay.

Sprint hurdler Mikel Thomas is enjoying a fruitful campaign this year, and would be keen to continue his fine run of form at the 2015 Worlds.

Kelly-Ann Baptiste and Michelle-Lee Ahye will challenge for honours in the women’s 100m. The sprint brigade also includes Semoy Hackett, world youth 100m silver medallist Khalifa St Fort, Reyare Thomas and Kamaria Durant.

T&T will also be represented by Cleopatra Borel in the women’s shot put and Sparkle McKnight in the women’s 400m hurdles.

Quadruple Olympic medallist Ato Boldon, who guided St Fort to World Youth silver, will be part of the T&T coaching staff in Beijing. Team T&T athletes left yesterday for China, where they will attend an NGC-sponsored pre-Worlds training camp.

TEAM T&T

Men
—Keston Bledman (100, 4x100), Rondel Sorrillo (100, 4x100), Kyle Greaux (200, 4x100), Machel Cedenio (400, 4x400), Lalonde Gordon (400, 4x400), Renny Quow (400, 4x400), Jarrin Solomon (400, 4x400), Mikel Thomas (110 hurdles, 4x100), Jehue Gordon (400 hurdles, 4x400), Keshorn Walcott (javelin), Emmanuel Callender (4x100), Dan-Neil Telesford (4x100), Deon Lendore (4x400).

Women—Kelly-Ann Baptiste (100, 4x100), Michelle-Lee Ahye (100, 4x100), Semoy Hackett (100, 200, 4x100), Khalifa St Fort (100, 4x100), Reyare Thomas (200, 4x100), Kamaria Durant (200, 4x100), Sparkle McKnight (400 hurdles), Cleopatra Borel (shot put).

Officials—Dexter Voisin (manager), Dr Ian Hypolite (head coach), Edwin Skinner (coach), Charlie Joseph (coach), Gunness Persad (coach), Ato Boldon (coach), Ismael Lopez Mastrapa (coach).

Medical—Dr Anyl Gopeesingh, Dr Verne Alleyne, Ian Sharpe, Zephyrinus Nicholas, Nicole Fuentes.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 09:41:28 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Walcott leads T&T 21 to Beijing
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2015, 09:53:40 AM »
Walcott leads T&T 21 to Beijing
Published: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 (T&T Guardian)

2015 Pan Am Games and 2012 Olympic Champion: Keshorn Walcott.

Olympic gold medallist Keshorn Walcott heads a list of 21 athletes who will represent T&T at the 15th IAAF World Championships which will be held in Beijing, China, from August 22-30.

Approximately 2,000 athletes from more than 200 nations are expected to take part during the nine days of competition. The final entry deadline for the Championships was at midnight on Monday.

The National Association of Athletics Administrations of T&T (NAAA), gave their athletes the full opportunity to achieve the qualifying standards. Taking advantage of this was 400m hurdler Sparkle McKnight, who not only won silver on the last evening  of competition at the North American, Central American and Caribbean Senior Championships in Costa Rica, on Sunday, but ran her personal best 55.41 which was good enough to qualify (56.20).

Walcott, who injured his ankle about three weeks ago while competing in Monaco prior to the Pan American Games, has been undergoing therapy while training and is hoping to be 100 percent ready to make it to the top of the podium on August 26 when the javellin finals will be held. Included in the team are 19-year old Machel Cedenio, recent double Pan Am medallist, Lalonde Gordon, double Olympic medallist; Commonwealth; Pan Am and NACAC medalist, Mikel Thomas national record holder (110m hurdles) Pan Am silver/bronze and NACAC gold medalist, and defending World Champion and Commonwealth silver medallist Jehue Gordon, who will also be trying to make it back onto the podium after dealing with some minor injuries.

On the ladies side,  Commonwealth silver and Pan Am gold medalist Cleopatra Borel, will be the first athlete in action at the Championships on the opening day. 17-year-old Pan Am Junior 100m Champion and World Youth silver medallist Khalifa St. Fort will be making her first appearance at a senior level. NACAC silver medallists Semoy Hackett (200m) who broke her own national record  two days ago and Sparkle McKnight (400mH) both seem to be peaking at the right time. Most of the locally based athletes fly out today. The remainder of the team will arrive in China over the next two days where they will set up a training camp  which is being sponsored by NGC.

Team

Keston Bledman, Rondell Sorillo, Dan- Neil Telesford, Emmanuel Carter, Kyle Geaux, Mikel Thomas, Machel Cedenio, Renny Quow, Jarrin Solomon, Lalonde Gordon, Deon Lendore, Jehue Gordon, Keshorn Walcott, Cleopatra Borel, Kelly-Anne Baptiste, Khalifa St Fort, Michelle Lee Ahye, Semoy Hackett, Reyare Thomas, Kamaria Durant, Sparkle McKnight.

Officials; Dexter Voison (manager), Dr. Ian Hypolite (head coach), Edwin Skinner, Charles Joseph, Gunness Persad, Ato Boldon (sprint & hurdles/relays coach),  Ismael Lopez Mastsrapa (throws coach), Dr Anyl Gopeesing, Dr. Verne Alleyne, Ian Sharpe, Zephrinus Nicholas, Nicole Fuentes (medical).
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 11:07:59 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jamaica leaves one of 3 sub 45sec quarter milers off World Championship team!
By Robert Taylor, Special to TrackAlerts.Com
August 12th, 2015 7:30am (TrackAlerts.com)

Ricardo Chambers, Jamaican sub-45 quarter-miler not selected for Worlds.

Am I seeing right or have the JAAA selectors outdone themselves? What is it with the men’s 4x400m? In 2007, the team was sacrificed because persons believed that an injured Sanjay Ayre should run.

Ayre received the baton in medal position but struggled to finish outside of the podium. Fast forward to 2012, an obviously injured Jermaine Gonzales was put in the heats of the men’s 4x400m relay team, and of course, he could not finish the race. Funny that everyone in Jamaica knew he was badly injured but his coach. Now instead of entering an injured athlete the Jamaican selectors are leaving one of their three sub 45 quarter miler at home. This makes no sense to anyone who follows athletics.

The athlete, Ricardo Chambers has been consistently running better than at the very least, three quarter milers who were selected ahead of him. I do not know, neither can I say if he was not selected because of the tweet he sent out about the coach at Pan Am Games and starting on the 4x400m relay team when he did not run the flat 400m. If so be the case, this is as petty as it gets. I would hope the diluting of the Jamaica National Team is not because of petty vindictiveness.  The petty vindictive argument is all speculation on my side. Nevertheless, how can the JAAA selectors leave one of their top quarter milers off the team? Is he injured? If he is, then that would be an acceptable reason. Other than injury what else could be a valid reason? If it were punishment for an infraction then where are the rules, guidelines and protocol to cover infractions? 

The competition for medal in the male 4x400m event will be intense. The USA usually comes with a great team and with Lashawn Merritt anchoring for them and running a sub 44 leg, they will be very difficult to beat. Trinidad & Tobago will be making a lot of noise and no one should be surprised if they win it all. They have more than enough 400m runners who can go sub 45.  Bahamas the current Olympic champion has many quarter milers who can give them credible legs and with young Steven Gardner in such a tremendous shape to go with experienced runners such as Ramon Miller, Chris Brown, Michael Mathieu and others, it will be a battle for Gold.

At the World Relays Jamaica had to depend on Javon Francis to run a superb anchor leg to get them to the finals. With Francis and McDonald set to potentially make the 400m final, the 4x400m team will need their two alternates to run the preliminary round. This can make qualifying for the finals challenging. With clearly one of their top four quarter-miler not on the team I have wondered if they had taken a look at the dynamics of this year 4x400m competition and realize that if it were not for Francis, they could very well not have made the 4x400m finals at the World Relays. Are they seriously looking to have both Rusheen McDonald and Francis run the 4x400m preliminary race?

I expect at least Francis to be in the medal contention which means he will be running a hard semi-final and a hard final.  If so be the case, wouldn’t the selectors realize that they need their best two to have rested legs for the 4x400m finals? Is it not asinine to leave one of their best quarter-miler off the team when the field is loaded with strong competitors?

This year 400m field have many athletes running mid 44 seconds and lower, the competition will be intense to put it mildly. I doubt there will be an easy race in both the male 400m and 4x400m. If the aim is to win medals, who decided to leave Ricardo Chambers off the team? Why this crap keeps rearing its ugly head around Jamaica Track & Field for so long? Who sits and oversees these decisions and makes corrections? When a decision is blatantly done to the detriment of the national interest who steps in and take charge? There has never been accountability inside Jamaican Athletics when people makes blatantly dumb decision such as this.

I can only hope that I am getting carried away for no reason because Chambers is injured. If he is not then I cannot see the oversight of not including Chambers when he gives Jamaica a good chance of winning a medal in one of the most hotly contested event at the World Championship. If Chambers is healthy with no medical issues then I would hope someone with decision making power see the oversight and make the necessary correction. Still I am not willing to hold my breath.

**The views expressed in this article are those of the author (Robert Taylor) and do not necessarily represent the views of, and should not be attributed to, trackalerts.com.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 01:55:51 PM by Socapro »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Being optimistic 4 Medals

Womens 4x100

- Providing that the BATON makes it around the track.. This is the time for the womens relay to finally get it.
- Biggest threats, Ukraine, UK, Netherlands, Brazil and Nigeria.

Men 4x400

- Even if Lendore does not run, I think they are still guaranteed a medal. Solomon will probably do the first heat. Then Lendore in the final.
- Jamaicans always run well in this event at the Worlds. They are capable of sneaking in for a medal.
- 3 Borlees now. 2 are sub 45 capable. One mid 45s. Still can cause an upset.
- Bahamas with an in form Brown and Gardner, can medal. Their other guys from London havent ran sub 45 for the year. So they will need to dig deep.
- USA realizes that the Gold is not theirs for the taking anymore. However, they should medal if everything goes as expected. They will also need to dig deep.

Others
- France
- Cuba
- Britain

Javelin (Walcott)

- If Walcott throws 88+, he should medal. He is not 100% healthy though. But he is making the right steps to get as close to 100%.
- Jego is a beast. In good form now
- Czechs are all throwing 85+
- Fins throwing 86+
- Rohler kind of unpredictable

400m (Cedenio)

- Birds nest track is fast. 44.20 or better to medal..
- James did finish 5th in 2013. The level of competition is much deeper than it was in 2012 and 2013. I think this might throw him off again..
- That kid from Qatar was running since the beginning of the year. His tank must be close to empty by now..
- Van Neikerk is a hard worker, very dynamic. Capable of running good against  "balanced" and "come from behind" runners. I cant see him off the podium..
- Gardner shows a lot of promise. I dont know much about him. Cant ever recall seeing him in Carifta..
- Merrit continues to peak. He will be ready to run against the best. Trust me..
- Cedenio, "Come back from behind" will work if he has a good lane and stays with the pack.
- Francis is kind of unpredictable. Good on the back stretch. Strong runner if he gets in front.

Others to think about
- Brown
- Makwala
- Gordon
- Santos
- Verberg
- Borlees (One of them always does well)

Being very very optimistic

Shot put (Borel)

- No Valerie Adams. So the field is wide open.
- Borel has thrown well against the throwers ahead of her.

Being very very very optimistic

Women 100m (Baptiste)

- I dont know what happened to her in Toronto. But I do know she has about 4 or 5 girls to go through in order to get on the podium.

400m (Gordon)

- L Gordon shows up big when he needs to. He is getting into better form. If he makes the final, anything can happen.

Right now, Gordon does not look good enough to get into the 400mh final. Speaking about final, our mens 4x100 wont make the final.

M Thomas, lots of heart. I will like to see him pull off something special

Its good to see that Ato is a part of the coaching team. He knows what the athletes are missing. He will bring the best out of them.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 07:07:34 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
400m (Cedenio)

- James did finish 5th in 2013. The level of competition is much deeper than it was in 2012 and 2013. I think this might throw him off again..
- That kid from Qatar was running since the beginning of the year. His tank must be close to empty by now..
- Van Niekerk is a hard worker, very dynamic. Capable of running good against  "balanced" and "come from behind" runners. I cant see him off the podium..
- Gardner shows a lot of promise. I dont know much about him. Cant ever recall seeing him in Carifta..
- Merrit continues to peak. He will be ready to run against the best. Trust me..
- Cedenio, "Come back from behind" will work if he has a good lane and stays with the pack.
- Francis is kind of unpredictable. Good on the back stretch. Strong runner if he gets in front.

Others to think about
- Brown
- Gordon
- Santos
- Verberg

You forgot Makwala (43.72). A big factor is how these athletes especially the younger and less experienced ones handle 3 very fast races. I suspect Gardiner, the Qatari, and maybe even Makwala and van Niekerk may be impacted. Cedenio has a lot of championship experience at the world level, except at the seniors but he runs well in finals after rounds. While J. Francis runs monster relay legs he may not be as successful in the individual 400m with fast QF and SF races; I see Santos and the others making the final before him, everything else being equal. With so much talent parity this year, the final may be an anti-climax timeless, with everyone battling to make the final. The fittest man wins.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 07:10:01 PM by STMB »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
400m (Cedenio)

- Van Niekerk is a hard worker, very dynamic. Capable of running good against  "balanced" and "come from behind" runners. I cant see him off the podium..

Others to think about
- Brown
- Gordon
- Santos
- Verberg

You forgot Makwala (43.72). A big factor is how these athletes especially the younger ones handle 3 very fast races. I suspect Gardiner, the Qatari, and maybe even Makwala and van Niekerk may be impacted. Cedenio has a lot of championship experience at the world level, except at the seniors but he runs well in finals after rounds. While J. Francis runs monster relay legs he may not be as successful in the individual 400m with fast QF and SF; I see Santos and the others making the final before him, everything else being equal.With so much talent parity this year, the final may be an anti-climax timeless, with everyone battling to make the final

I forgot to add him to the ones to watch. I just updated it with him. I dont consider him to be a true medal threat though. He runs a boring race. I shouldnt say he runs a boring race. But his race is not exciting to watch.

Van Niekerk's, Makwala's and Haroun's season started earlier. Correct me if I'm wrong. If that is the cse, then they may have peaked already. I doubt they can stay in peak form for 4 months.

Good point about Santos and Francis. I think Francis is going to try his hardest to give Jamaica representation in this event.

Because of the talent this year, height, lane draw and vision will be the factors that determine the places in the final. Its guaranteed that everyone will run fast. Now its about using those factors to win the race.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 08:10:48 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
According to Jarring Solomon Twitter it seems that Lalonde Quow Cedenio will be the entries for the 400. I still don't know why he is shocked as 45's can't cut it anymore

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
According to Jarring Solomon Twitter it seems that Lalonde Quow Cedenio will be the entries for the 400. I still don't know why he is shocked as 45's can't cut it anymore

I hope Solomon is not discouraged to the point where it will affect his performance in Biejing. T&T need him to give his best in the relay

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I hope Solomon is not discouraged to the point where it will affect his performance in Biejing. T&T need him to give his best in the relay

The 4x4 relay in Beijing will now be the place for Solomon to prove that he should have been selected to run the individual 400m by him running the best leg of all our 4x4 runners to show the selectors they may have error in their decision. Also in Solomon's case he has a much stronger chance of winning a medal with our 4x4 team than he may of had running the individual 400m event after rounds so I see no logical reason why he would throw away a definite 4x4 relay medal by not giving it his 100% all in the relay.

I guess Solomon running one of the top 3 sub-45 times of our TTO quarter-milers this season would also have helped to convince the selectors that he stood a better chance of medalling in the individual 400m in Beijing than the other 3 faster TTO quarter-milers this season who were selected.

Another factor that could have helped convince selectors to include Solomon among the final 3 for the individual 400m in Beijing was for him to win an individual 400m medal at Pan Am and to also beat Cedenio in the process after running rounds which he was unable to do.

Still it must have been a very difficult decision for our NAAA's selectors to not give Solomon an individual 400m spot in Beijing after he placed in the top 3 at National Trials and was even 2nd after Cedenio got DQed.

I guess for next year in addition to Solomon placing in the top 3 at Senior Trials, he may also need to run one of the top 3 sub-45 times among our TTO athletes for the season to ensure he gets one of the 3 individual 400m spots to Rio that he is working so hard towards.

All the best to Solomon and the other TTO quarter-milers in Beijing. Hopefully this move which keeps Solomon fresh for the 4x4 relay along with Deon Lendore can help us to win our very first historic 4x4 relay gold medal at a World Championships.

If Machel Cedenio and Lalonde Gordon both qualify for the individual 400m final in Beijing then this is how I would run our 4x4 relay team in the Heats and the Final in order to give them some rest and keep them as fresh as possible for the 4x4 relay Final.

4x4 Relay Heats (assuming Cedenio and Lalonde both make the 400m Final and need some rest):-

1st leg Renny Quow, 2nd leg Jarrin Solomon, 3rd leg Jehue Gordon, 4th leg Deon Lendore;

NB: The 4x4 Heats are 4 days after the 400m Hurdles Final so Jehue Gordon should be quite fresh.
Also the 4x4 Heats are 3 days after the 400m Final and 4 days after the 400m Semis so any of our TTO quarter-milers who ran in the 400m Semis and didn't progress to the Final should be well rested.

4x4 Relay Final (bringing in our two individual 400m finalists with rested legs for the 4x4 final):-

1st leg Lalonde Gordon, 2nd leg Jarrin Solomon or Renny Quow (depending on which of the two ran the faster leg in the 4x4 Heats), 3rd leg Deon Lendore, 4th leg Machel Cedenio.

This rotation should give us a great chance at winning 4x4 gold in Beijing and setting a new NR.  :beermug:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 10:12:55 AM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Socapro I can also make all these speculations like you are doing as to why Solomon was not selected to run individuals. My point is for Solomon not to be discouraged and give his best in the relay

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Socapro I can also make all these speculations like you are doing as to why Solomon was not selected to run individuals. My point is for Solomon not to be discouraged and give his best in the relay

I did not dispute your point.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Logic will tell us why the NAAA chose Cedenio, Gordon and Quow to run the individual.

Cedenio- Best time.
Gordon - Area Champion
Quow - National Champion.
Solomon - Runner up

Hard luck for Solomon. I hope he realizes that his spot on the 4x400 is not a given, now that Lendore is running again.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Logic will tell us why the NAAA chose Cedenio, Gordon and Quow to run the individual.

Cedenio- Best time.
Gordon - Area Champion
Quow - National Champion.
Solomon - Runner up

Hard luck for Solomon. I hope he realizes that his spot on the 4x400 is not a given, now that Lendore is running again.

Nobody's spot is a given. For example Lalonde Gordon ran a weak lead-off leg at Pan Am Games in the 4x4 Heats and was left off of the squad in the 4x4 final when we won the gold medal.

Regards Solomon he is a relay beast and tends to give us a great leg on most occasions provided he isn't overworked and spent.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 05:59:06 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Where is Edino Steele? ... Quarter miler yet to join Jamaica's team
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2015, 08:25:50 PM »
Where is Edino Steele?
... Quarter miler yet to join Jamaica's team

August 13th, 2015 7:38pm (TrackAlerts.com)

Edino Steele, "no show" for JA training camp.

Ricardo Chambers, Jamaican sub-45 quarter-miler now selected as replacement.

Edino Steele failure to report for Jamaica’s pre-World Championships training camp in Japan, led to the late call-up of Ricardo Chambers.

According to information reaching TrackAlerts.com, neither Jamaica’s team officials nor Racers’ head coach, Glen Mills, can locate Steele.

Dennis Gordon, Jamaica’s team media officer, confirmed they are unable to locate Steele.

Gordon said Chambers, who was called up late to the team, would be replacing Steele.

“His (Steele) coach is unable to make contact with him for a number of days now and believe he can’t trust his form or fitness…” said Gordon.

Steele finished 5th at the Jamaica Trials in June and was selected to the relay pool.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 08:34:28 PM by Socapro »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Abundance of riches!

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Usain Bolt relaxing after gruelling training for World Champs
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2015, 09:12:57 PM »
Usain Bolt relaxing after gruelling training for World Champs
Published:Thursday August 13, 2015, Andre Lowe, Special Projects Editor - Sports
Jamaica-Gleaner.com

Bolt ...spent the past few weeks being tuned by his coach Glen Mills

The world's fastest man, Usain Bolt, spent the past few days taking it slow in Monte Carlo, Monaco as he gets ready to unleash some speed at next week's IAAF World Championships in Beijing, China.

Bolt, who spent the past few weeks being tuned by his coach Glen Mills has been given the time to recover after some gruelling work in training with strong indications that the defending world 100m and 200m champion is primed and ready to show his class inside the Bird's Nest.

Bolt's coach, Glen Mills

The Jamaican has had an up-and-down season after being hampered by a pelvic issue but twice ran 9.87 within a hour at the Sainsbury's Anniversary Games in London a few weeks ago to pretty much confirm reports that he was nearing his best.

As earlier reported by The Gleaner, Bolt is expected to arrive at Jamaica's pre-championships camp on Friday to meet up with the rest of his team-mates in Tottori, Japan before travelling with the group to Beijing on Monday or Tuesday.

Bolt's main rival, Justin Gatlin

Bolt is expected to be challenged for both sprint titles by in-form American Justin Gatlin, who has the fastest time this year in both events and has gone unbeaten in almost 30 races since 2013.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:32:04 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mills backs Bolt for sprint crowns
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2015, 09:22:39 PM »
Mills backs Bolt for sprint crowns
August 13th, 2015 7:47pm (TrackAlerts.com)

Usain Bolt

TOTTORI - Reuters informs that Usain Bolt's coach is convinced the Jamaican phenomenon can once again put aside injury concerns and mediocre form to maintain his grip on the major sprint titles at this month's world championship.

Glen Mills believes the Olympic champion and world record holder in both sprints will be able to hit his straps when it matters.

"The last two years have been very challenging for both Usain and myself," Mills told Reuters. "Unfortunately, he has had a number of different injuries to overcome which have affected his training and the number of competitions he has been able to compete in.

"But Bolt is a champion who knows nothing but excellence when performing on the world stage. We have been making a number of changes on the way he trains and have been getting results," said Mills.

"However, I would have wanted him to have had more races."
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 09:36:34 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Miller, Brown in Bahamas World Champs team
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2015, 09:40:45 PM »
Miller, Brown in Bahamas World Champs team
August 13th, 2015 3:59pm (TrackAlerts.com)

Shaunae Miller, Bahamas 200m & 400m specialist.

Shaunae Miller and Chris Brown are among 25 athletes selected to represent Bahamas at next week’s XV IAAF World Championships in Beijing, China.

Miller, the second fastest 400m runners this year at 49.92, heads the eight female named for the August 22-30 Championships.

On the men’s side, Brown, Michael Mathieu and Ramon Miller, members from the London Olympic Games 4x400m winning team, are also in the team.

Jeffery Gibson, who is among the favourites for the 400m hurdles, and Steven Gardiner, who this season lowered the Bahamian 400m to 44.27, add quality to the team.

MALE:

Shavez Hart, Latario Collie-Minns, Alonzo Russell, Jeffery Gibson, LaToy Williams, Michael Mathieu, Leevan Sands, Chris Brown, Teray Smith, Donald Thomas, Ryan Ingraham, Trevor Barry, Steven Gardiner, Ramon Miller, Elroy McBride, Warren Fraser and Jonathan Farquharson

FEMALE:

Sheniqua Ferguson, Bianca Stuart, Adanaca Brown, Devynne Charlton, Shaunae Miller, Katrina Seymour, Christine Amertil and Lanece Clarke
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:13:21 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Reyare's second chance
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2015, 10:03:53 PM »
Reyare's second chance
By Kwame Laurence (T&T Express)
Published on Aug 13, 2015, 10:35 am AST

FINE-TUNING: Reyare Thomas goes through her paces at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain, last week. —Photo: ANISTO ALVES

“I look back at my career, and the only regret I have was not making Olympics 2008.”

Reyare Thomas was just 20 at the time, and was extremely disappointed to not be part of the Trinidad and Tobago team for the Beijing Games. But she battled on, and was selected on the women's 4x100 metres relay squad for the 2012 London Olympics.

Click to view video: http://trinidadexpress.com/20150813/sports/reyares-second-chance

Credit: Videographer/ Photos Anisto Alves
Reporter: Kwame Laurence
Music: Destiny's Child - Ms Independent

Thomas is now 27, and though things have unfolded seven years later than planned, she will compete in the Chinese capital after all. The Enterprise sprinter is in Beijing for the August 22-30 IAAF World Championships.

Thomas is enjoying the season of her life, recording personal best times in the 100m and 200m events. On June 27, she clocked 11.22 seconds for women's 100m bronze at the NGC-Sagicor National Association of Athletics Administrations (NAAA) Open Championships. And a fortnight later, she produced her first-ever legal sub-23 half-lap run, stopping the clock at 22.82 seconds to strike gold at the Falcons Invitational Last Chance meet.

“What has accounted for my success,” Thomas tells the Express, “is my focus on and off the track. With the death of our coach that passed away in 2013, it stepped up my game to really accomplish something great in track and field.”

Thomas was a member of the Neon Trackers Athletic Club, and trained under the guidance of Ian Goddard, coach and father figure to many athletes in central Trinidad before his death.

Now a member of the Abilene Wildcats Athletic Club, Thomas will run in an individual event at a major global meet for the first time in her career at the Beijing Worlds.

“I want to focus on the 200 for Beijing. I think that's my stronger event. I just run the hundred because I really don't feel like running 400 metres,” she quipped. “The lactic (acid) is just different.

“My goals for Beijing are just to lower my times and try to make it through every round. I know the main focus is making the final, get on the podium, but for me making it through every round is a guarantee that a medal might happen.

“I'm trying to go at least 22-mid, like really lower that standard and see what I can do before the season's done so I know what approach to have for next season.”

Thomas is part of a strong World Championship 4x100m squad. The other sprinters selected for relay duty are Kelly-Ann Baptiste, Michelle-Lee Ahye, Semoy Hackett, Khalifa St Fort and Kamaria Durant.

“I assess our chances,” says Thomas, “as being great. Before, it was me, Michelle-Lee, Kai (Selvon) and Kamaria, and we flew the Trinidad and Tobago flag high. With the addition of Kelly-Ann, Semoy, and Khalifa being a part of it, it really and truly strengthens the women's 4x1. We got a stronger force, so we know we can go out there and battle with the world's best.”

With T&T's new-found depth in the women's sprint relay, competition for a spot in the final four will be tough. Thomas welcomes the challenge.
“Before, Trinidad and Tobago had a solid four, and that was the top four no matter what. But now, we could actually rest people through the rounds and really pull out the best quartet for the final.”

Thomas says Baptiste, Ahye and shot putter Cleopatra Borel are well-positioned to make the country proud at Beijing 2015.
“The women have a possibility of medalling this year. Kelly-Ann has medalled already at World Championships, Michelle-Lee is finding herself...Cleo's just killing it this whole season, so I think everybody's going with a mindset of we want to bring back a medal for Trinidad and Tobago.”

Borel and Baptiste competed at last month's Pan American Games in Toronto, Canada. Ahye, however, was recovering from injury and did not travel to Toronto. Borel captured shot put gold at the hemispheric meet. Baptiste, meanwhile, was among the favourites in the 100m dash, but finished fifth in the final.

Thomas progressed to the Pan Am Games 200m championship race. She finished seventh in the final in 23.32 seconds.

“I went out there,” Thomas explains, “wanting to go through every round, make it to semis, make it to the final. But when I made it to the final I kind of psyched out myself. But it's just a growing experience, so it's time to get over it and get ready for the next upcoming meet.”

Beijing 2015 is more than just another upcoming meet. For Thomas, the global track and field championship represents an opportunity to make up for the pain of missing out on the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:19:05 AM by Socapro »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
http://www.iaaf.org/download/download?filename=9cc99c48-94bf-448c-8b0f-8a8b42603e1c.pdf&urlSlug=iaaf-world-championships-beijing-2015-entries

Based on the provisional entry list, TTO has 4 400m runners:

Cedenio
Gordon
Lendore (I'm surprised at this one)
Quow

I believe Gordon got an automatic spot because he is the area champion.

Lendore is getting healthy. But I wouldnt have chosen him over Solomon.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
http://www.iaaf.org/download/download?filename=9cc99c48-94bf-448c-8b0f-8a8b42603e1c.pdf&urlSlug=iaaf-world-championships-beijing-2015-entries

Based on the provisional entry list, TTO has 4 400m runners:

Cedenio
Gordon
Lendore (I'm surprised at this one)
Quow

I believe Gordon got an automatic spot because he is the area champion.

Lendore is getting healthy. But I wouldnt have chosen him over Solomon.

That is what I said I heard the announcer saying during the NACAC Championships.

Since it is a provisional list I would not take it as gospel that Deon is getting an individual 400m spot in front of Solomon as they also have Chris Brown as having an individual 400m spot for the Bahamas despite him not running the 400m at Bahamas Trials.

I don't think the NAAA TT will be justified in giving Deon the 4th available 400m spot in front of Solomon especially as Deon is yet to run as fast as Solomon's 45.15 SB since coming back from injury. It will be much better to save Deon for the relay to help us with our gold medal charge in the 4x4 and let Solomon contest the 400m spot that he rightfully earned based on the NAAA own rules.

NB: I won't be surprised if Solomon is allowed to run the individual 400m in Beijing that he runs a sub-45 in his efforts to qualify for the final and proves that he is up to the task of challenging for a medal.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 03:06:36 PM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A lot of Bolt fans will be crying if he lose to Gatlin in Beijing  :D

I doh really care who win nah.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

They will. But the word coming out from Mills is that Bolt is ready. Whenever Mills says Bolt is ready, Bolt always wins.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

They will. But the word coming out from Mills is that Bolt is ready. Whenever Mills says Bolt is ready, Bolt always wins.

I dont expect him to say Bolt not ready. Anyway time will tell who will win. 

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I dont expect him to say Bolt not ready. Anyway time will tell who will win. 

Good point Sando. But when Bolt wasnt ready, Mills did not have a problem saying it.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
DE GRASSE RELISHING UNDERDOG ROLE IN BEIJING
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2015, 10:27:46 AM »
13 AUG 2015 FEATURE MARKHAM, CANADA

DE GRASSE RELISHING UNDERDOG ROLE IN BEIJING

Andre De Grasse (centre) wins 100m Final beating main rival Keston Bledman (right) of TTO at the Pan American Games 2015. (Getty Images) © Copyright

As if the world of men’s sprinting didn’t have an extraordinary cast of characters already, along comes Canada's 20-year-old Andre De Grasse.

Outstanding victories at the 2015 NCAA Championships in both the 100m and 200m made headlines on both sides of the border for the young man who has just completed his first year at the University of Southern California.

Super-quick, albeit wind-aided, times of 9.75 and 19.58 in Eugene just added to the excitement.

Soon after his picture adorned posters across Toronto as Canada’s largest city hosted the 2015 Pan American Games and with the guidance of his USC coach Caryl Smith Gilbert, who has carefully nurtured him – bearing in mind his youth – he won both sprint events in Toronto.

Anyone who might have suggested his 9.95 personal best was nothing to shout about would have been duly impressed by his 200m victory in Toronto.

Running a sublime Canadian Record of 19.88 – from lane eight no less – he marked his entry into the elite sprint ranks. Now he has set his sights on running both the 100m and the 4x100m at the IAAF World Championships, Beijing 2015 later this month.

NEW FACES, NEW CHALLENGES

The prospect of facing Usain Bolt, Justin Gatlin, Tyson Gay and Asafa Powell is an opportunity he relishes.

“I have never faced any of those guys. I have lined up against Usain Bolt in the 4x100 relay at the Commonwealth Games last year but that didn’t go very well,” he explained, reflecting on a botched baton pass by Canada.

“I didn't get the baton in time in the exchange zone so I don't really count that as an opportunity. So, this will be the first opportunity to race against these guys.

“I am really excited and looking forward to seeing how I match up against them and see how far I can get. I am really going to take it one race at a time I don't want to get too far ahead of myself or full of myself. And if I make it to the final hopefully just go out there and compete and do myself proud.”

Beijing will be his first global championship, having never represented Canada at the world youth or junior championships, but he denies having the slightest bit of nervousness.

“Oh no, no, (doesn't make me nervous). My coach has told me I am young and the pressure is not really on me. It’s on Usain Bolt, Justin Gatlin, those guys,” he said. “They have been doing it longer than me. She told me: ‘Don’t put too much pressure on yourself. Take this as an experience to learn how to compete in front of 100,000 people.’

“And this is my first World Championships so it’s not for me to try to put expectations on myself. I know a lot of people have. They did that at the Pan Am Games but I think I handled it well and I am going to continue to do what I keep doing.”

After the successful year he’s had, he has been approached to turn professional and give up his scholarship, but he’s not taking the bait.

One day, he hopes to earn his master’s degree in sociology and work with children. No doubt his incredible personal renaissance plays a part in his wish to help others.

SHARPE-SIGHTED

A former Canadian 200m record-holder, Tony Sharpe, deserves credit for launching De Grasse’ career after seeing him run a 100m race in basketball shorts for fun.

Sharpe says he has never seen such raw sprint talent. De Grasse, who for all his sudden success has retained humility, acknowledges his debt to his former coach.

“Before track, I was playing basketball,” De Grasse explains. “I played high school and Ontario Association club basketball. Before I met Tony Sharpe, basketball wasn't really going that well and I wasn't doing positive things, a lot of negative stuff, and then I met Tony Sharpe, and track and field gave me a second chance to do something different.

“I got my school paid for; I am fortunate to have my school paid for and now I am getting to travel the world so it's really a good feeling that track and field can do those kinds of things for you.”

De Grasse admits to running with a rough crowd, dabbling in recreational drugs and seemingly following a self-destructive path.

Within a year of training with Sharpe, though, he was running fast enough to earn a scholarship to Coffeyville Community College in Kansas where he racked up five national track titles in two years.

NOT IN KANSAS ANY MORE

NCAA institutions then came calling but USC was his choice.

At 1.78m tall, the Canadian is small compared to those men he will line up against in Beijing, and he is also distinctive for an unusual arm carriage that sees his right arm awkwardly extend to the outside.

“Yes we are fixing that. I have an imbalance problem with my hips so I think that is why my arm does that,” he explained with a laugh. “Sometimes I have a knot in my right shoulder. I think it was from back in the day, a little injury from basketball.

“It’s not something that I want to continue doing, even though you are saying, ‘If it ain't broke don't fix it.’ But I think if I can fix it, it will help me a lot better with my drive phase and my acceleration, and I would be able to go a lot faster.”

Clearly De Grasse has enormous potential. And when he steps into the blocks against the world’s fastest men, it will be with a positive attitude and astonishing raw ability.

Perhaps that’s a combination that will metamorphose into a medal.

Paul Gains for the IAAF
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 09:58:24 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
RECORD NUMBERS LIKELY WITH ONE WEEK TO GO
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2015, 10:46:33 AM »
14 AUG 2015 PRESS RELEASE MONACO

RECORD NUMBERS LIKELY WITH ONE WEEK TO GO
IAAF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, BEIJING 2015

School children outside the Bird's Nest stadium with a week to go to the IAAF World Championships, Beijing 2015 (AFP / Getty Images) © Copyright.

The IAAF World Championships, Beijing 2015 could potentially be the biggest world championship in the 15 editions of the event, which started in 1983 and ranks among the world’s leading sport's events.

With one week to go, the final entries indicate that 207 IAAF member federations will send representatives to the Chinese capital for the most important sporting event of the year.

The previous highest number of participating federations was 203, at the last championships in Moscow two years ago.

No fewer than 1936 athletes (1043 men and 893 women) have been entered.

Although the number of athletes that will finally participate in Beijing will be slightly less, as is normal, this figure still compares favourably with the current highest total of 1895 who competed at the 2009 championships in Berlin.

The numbers have been boosted by the IAAF’s innovative system introduced ahead of these championships of inviting athletes who had not already been entered by the deadline of midnight (Central European Time) Monday 10 August, on the basis of them being among the best ranked in their event (apart from in long distance and race walking disciplines) in order to bring an event up to an optimum number of competitors as established by the IAAF.

More about the entry system and standards can be read here.

With just one week to go, the IAAF World Championships, Beijing 2015 is expected to set the standard for the sport's future championships, with the world's best athletes going through their paces in the same magnificent Bird’s Nest stadium that was the centrepiece for the 2008 Olympic Games.

As already announced, the Bird’s Nest stadium will be full for all the evening sessions across the nine days, with an audience of 50,000 spectators.

IAAF
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 12:17:31 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
MONDO HOLDS DEAR BEIJING OLYMPIC MEMORIES
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2015, 10:59:40 AM »
14 AUG 2015 FEATURE MONACO

MONDO HOLDS DEAR BEIJING OLYMPIC MEMORIES

Athletics action at Beijing's Birds Nest Stadium (Getty Images) © Copyright.

For Mondo, the IAAF's official track supplier, Beijing's Bird's Nest Stadium will always hold special memories.

Five world records tumbled on their innovative new Mondotrack laid down for the 2008 Beijing Olympics which was ignited by the incomparable Jamaican sprint superstar Usain Bolt.

Now, some seven years on, the world leaders in track design are returning to the iconic Chinese venue to lay down a new track for the forthcoming 2015 IAAF World Championships from August 22-30, where once again Mondo will seek to push technological advancements in track design to the next level.

“To optimise a similar revolution to Mondotrack is a big challenge for Mondo,” explains Andrea Vallauri, who leads the Mondo Spa Sport&Flooring Division.

“The material we are installing now in the Bird's Nest is an evolution of the previous Mondotrack that should further contribute to improve the athlete's sport performances.”

Mondo, suppliers of every Olympic track since 1976 and the vast majority of IAAF World Championships, are commonly accepted by athletes and coaches as world leaders in their field with Vallauri insisting their unique pre-fabricated manufactured designs sets them apart from the rest in their field.

“Tracks surfaces can either be made on site as a liquid material or pre-fabricated,” he explained.

“We are the only company that manufactures its track surfaces pre-fabricated, and this guarantees that the performance characteristics of the track are constant. It is something unique for top-level competition. All the athletes see the difference.”

Vallauri says that the strength of pre-fabricated tracks is that the material is uniform and consistent, something which is much harder to achieve on a ‘liquid surface’ which is poured on to the track.

“You cannot guarantee the same uniformity,” he argues of the liquid surfaces.

“You cannot pour (on to a track) in one day, it has to be done over three weeks and many things can happen over three weeks.”

TWO LAYER SYSTEM

Mondo provide their track in two distinct layers: the top layer to aid traction with the bottom to support shock absorption.

According to Vallauri, this approach helps recreate the same technology as a tyre and leads to the best results.

“The top part of the material should be non-slippery when wet and provide good foot stability or what we call good spike resistance,” he commented.

“This means that the spikes should enter the surface for the minimum amount of time because the more time the spike enters the surface, the more time will be lost. When you are talking about thousandths of a second, this makes a difference over the course of a race.”

The bottom layer provides the elasticity and cushioning needed to propel the athlete forward.

Mondo achieve this with a unique elongated diamond shaped cell design – similar to a honeycomb, which flex in every direction.

Utilising the very best in biomechanical research, Vallauri is convinced this approach enables an athlete to achieve the very best in energy return and helps maximise an athlete’s speed.

“The honeycomb design provides more cushioning in terms of the foot position,” he added.

The two layers – which measure 13.5mm – are vulcanised to cross-link the molecular structure of the different materials to make it more uniform, stronger and elastic.

Work on the track surface for the IAAF World Championships in Beijing began in December when the asphalt track sub-base was completely rebuilt by a local contractor under supervision.

In early March, Mondo carried out some minor repairs following the cold, harsh winter in the Chinese capital before patching and levelling the base to comply with the strict tolerance required by the IAAF for such a top level facility.

In late March the installation work for the Mondotrack material began.

“Because of the low temperature on site, we used a special adhesive for cold weather as well as the appropriate track protection cover for the night time to allow the proper curing,” explains Vallauri, who acknowledged that because the team have worked at the Bird's Nest Stadium in the past so their familiarity with the conditions has meant the process has gone smoothly.

COOL CONSTRUCTION

“We were forced to use more personnel (around 30 people) because the daily working time was limited by the cold weather. Fortunately, we only had a few rainy days and this allowed us to complete the work on schedule.”

The line marking of the track was carried out in April and by mid-May work on the track was complete and fully certified by the IAAF.

Mondo then moved back on site again this week, two weeks out from the 2015 edition of the World Championships.

The Mondo team will then inspect the site and proceed with any intervention if necessary and install the temporary track material in the connection areas and mixed zones.

During the nine-day competition, Mondo will be present on site to regularly maintain and clean the track before the event reaches its thrilling climax on 30 August.

Vallauri refused to make any predictions about the winners at the 2015 edition, but is simply secure in the knowledge that Mondo will provide the fastest possible track for Usain Bolt, David Rudisha and all the world's top athletes.

“Mondotrack was specifically designed for superior athletic performance and provides the optimum blend of energy return and comfort for both high-speed sprint event and low-speed middle and long-distance events,” he explained. “Mondotrack also guarantees the perfect combination of shock absorption and rebound elasticity for jump events.”

Now all that is needed is for the athletes to play their part.

Steve Landells for the IAAF
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 12:18:11 PM by Socapro »

1]; } ?>