March 28, 2024, 01:27:52 PM

Author Topic: 15th IAAF World Championships 2015: 22nd~30th August (Beijing, PR of China)  (Read 73320 times)

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Great running from the boys. We lead the first 3 legs. Couldn't ask for much more. Merritt was never going to be topped. Big ups to Cedenio to showing a level head and not letting his youth get the better of him.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
The 1st leg was not good enough

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

You know were handed off in first right. There were some class guys on that 1st leg that Quow was not going to blow out of the water.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
First leg split by Quow was 43.23 and handed off in first. Last leg was the weakest leg

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
First leg split by Quow was 43.23 and handed off in first. Last leg was the weakest leg

That split is rubbish. Will be corrected soon enough.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
But Cedenio was probably spent from all the prelims and final 400 meters. Thanks for the silver. Doh worry, our day will come.

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Great run by T&T, new national record - close but no cigar

I am certain these guys can go 2:57 or high 2:56 under optimal conditions (a peaked Lendore, different relay order).

Had Francis led as early as the onset of the last leg with Merritt and Cedenio chasing, we would have run below 2:58.

All in all, great experience for Cedenio and the rest of the team for next year's OG.

Now to bolster the ranks with an improving Jereem Richards.

Hope one of Cedenio, Gordon, or Lendore has enough in the tank to break the 44.21 record before the end of this season, on the circuit.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The official splits are...

Quow- 44.9
Gordon- 44.1
Lendore - 44.85
Cedenio - 44.47

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

You know were handed off in first right. There were some class guys on that 1st leg that Quow was not going to blow out of the water.
[/he looks more like about 4th to me no way  that's 1stquote]

Offline TheCarterFilez

• New Warrior
    • View Profile

[/he looks more like about 4th to me no way  that's 1stquote]

Based on the official splits... Quow was first on his leg by a full .20 seconds... !!!!!!!!!!

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Ok I just saw the official splits maybe because lane 4 is just not a good lane on this track.

Offline TheCarterFilez

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Ok I just saw the official splits maybe because lane 4 is just not a good lane on this track.

Quow and Gordon have both said that about this track ... after their individual 400m. they said they wanted better lanes ..  the inside lanes on this track are rubbish.. hence why quow did so poorly in lane 2 on this track in the heats... . Cedenio ran 45.06 in lane 2 of his 400m finals... and Borlee had a 45.9 split just like Quow in the heats of heat 1 in lane 2..   Most ppl have preferred to get lane 6-9 on this track.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What were the splits for the women in the 4 x 1?

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
USA win, TTO 2nd NR, GBR 3rd 4x400m Men Final World Champs 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/uj7YEkkKXqM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/uj7YEkkKXqM</a>

Team TTO running order: Renny Quow, Lalonde Gordon, Deon Lendore and Machel Cedenio

Legs assessment: Strong 1st leg from Quow 44.9; Strong 2nd leg from Gordon 44.1; Strong 3rd leg from Lendore 44.85; Strong 4th leg from Cedenio 44.47.

WCH 2015 Beijing - Team Trinidad and Tobago 4x400 Relay Men Final Silver
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Cb6BRO88Zr8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Cb6BRO88Zr8</a>
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 02:43:20 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
2015: Beijing World Championships - Day 9, Part 2 (Full session)

Click link to view:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b068xrjh/athletics-2015-beijing-world-championships-day-9-part-2
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Full length videos of the Women's & Men's 4x100m Relay Finals

4x100m relay women IAAF World Athletics Championships 2015 Beijing
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SM4dmuL8KKw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SM4dmuL8KKw</a>

Men's 4x100m Relay Final - IAAF World Athletics Championships in Beijing 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MgZsjmBjRg0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MgZsjmBjRg0</a>
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 07:34:21 PM by Socapro »

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We won silver but yet we have one very unhappy member of the relay squad . Seems jarrin Solomon is blaming politics in the NAAA for his omission in the 4x400m final. I like Jarrin Solomon but he has to be realisitic . Once everyone is fit he is just an alternate. if he does not like that position the power is in his feet. Start running some 44.5 or lower and give yourself an automatic pick. 45's can no longer cut it in the 400m. I applaud NAAA in their selection and the guys showed they made the right decision, It is not about an individual feeling but a country feeling

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We won silver but yet we have one very unhappy member of the relay squad . Seems jarrin Solomon is blaming politics in the NAAA for his omission in the 4x400m final. I like Jarrin Solomon but he has to be realisitic . Once everyone is fit he is just an alternate. if he does not like that position the power is in his feet. Start running some 44.5 or lower and give yourself an automatic pick. 45's can no longer cut it in the 400m. I applaud NAAA in their selection and the guys showed they made the right decision, It is not about an individual feeling but a country feeling
You are absolutely right.  Lendore is coming back from injury, was well rested and is a far better 400 runner. There is no way that Jarrin Solomon could have done better.  We want the best team on the track and he is not in the top four now.  If he run better times, he will be on the track come Rio
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Team TTO running order: Renny Quow, Lalonde Gordon, Deon Lendore and Machel Cedenio

Legs assessment: Strong 1st leg from Quow 44.9; Strong 2nd leg from Gordon 44.1; Strong 3rd leg from Lendore 44.85; Strong 4th leg from Cedenio 44.47.

WCH 2015 Beijing - Team Trinidad and Tobago 4x400 Relay Men Final Silver
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Cb6BRO88Zr8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Cb6BRO88Zr8</a>

WINE AND JAM! Proud Trinbagonian here!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 09:27:07 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
You are absolutely right.  Lendore is coming back from injury, was well rested and is a far better 400 runner. There is no way that Jarrin Solomon could have done better.  We want the best team on the track and he is not in the top four now.  If he run better times, he will be on the track come Rio

Sorry to hear about that. Most people on this forum are real supportive of Jarrin. He has run some tremendous second legs for our team. We cherish him for that. But the reality is, the team comes first. Sorry. We need everybody. One mishap, God forbid, and we out of it. We need everybody.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
The situation with J Solomon was handled in a unprofessional manner with the times these guys were running the 400s this year there was no way any of our guys were going to get a medal they should have let him run the 400 and in the relays the man run a 44.50 leg and still did not get a chance to run in the finals so he got screwed over twice.

Offline TheCarterFilez

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
The situation with J Solomon was handled in a unprofessional manner with the times these guys were running the 400s this year there was no way any of our guys were going to get a medal they should have let him run the 400 and in the relays the man run a 44.50 leg and still did not get a chance to run in the finals so he got screwed over twice.

Jarrin why u make a profile and coming here talking utter garbage lol. .. no way any of our guys were going to medal ???  cedenio was 7th overall.. gordon 9th ..quow 16th... they all performed pretty well and ran mid 44... in any other year that could have medaled.. the level of competition this year was extremely tough.  solomon's sb 45.15 wouldn't have even made it past round 1 boo ....
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 10:47:16 AM by TheCarterFilez »

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
1st of all I'm not Jarrin and you need to stop acting so emotional because I made a comment all I am saying is 44.50 would not get you a medal anymore Santos ran 44.11 and could not get a medal you had to run 44.50 just to get to the final, even if J Solomon got knocked out in the 1st rounds he could not say anything because he got a shot at it now the national championship look like a joke it just was not handled in a professional manner and with the young guns coming up he might not get a chance to run a individual race on that level again.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
1st of all I'm not Jarrin and you need to stop acting so emotional because I made a comment all I am saying is 44.50 would not get you a medal anymore Santos ran 44.11 and could not get a medal you had to run 44.50 just to get to the final, even if J Solomon got knocked out in the 1st rounds he could not say anything because he got a shot at it now the national championship look like a joke it just was not handled in a professional manner and with the young guns coming up he might not get a chance to run a individual race on that level again.

Good points.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I disagree as to your points because your focus is on jarrin solomon and not on T&T . The country comes first and if he cant see that then I beg to ask how patriotic he is. Secondly as I told socapro before the way jarrin behaved in the nationals , It is hard to see the rest fighting for him to be included. His behaviour at nationals would of affected how the others view him.Thirdly being able to run a 44.5 leg does not justify selection. Carlyle Roudette ran how many 44 legs for Texas A&M so he should be included also. The team ran a National record and got silver and men crying that jarrin got left out. He get a silver in world. Something he could never do by himself. If you so vex then turn that into motivation and be the best. But in my honest opinion I feel he knows he cant compete at that level so this was his swansong
D

Offline TheCarterFilez

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
I agree with the last point though about National Championships being a joke...  Ive said this for quite some time.. why have rules if you aren't going to follow it.. For years the top 3 at nationals have always represented at majors ... but I think the NAAA issue this time around with selection was they never had an event b4 with so many depth and qualifiers and machel's DQ at nationals messed up their grand ''plan'' even more... so they had to change their own rules..

They said they selected based on current performances... .

Based on the rules of the NAAA nowhere in it says the top 3 gets the spots... The rules says if more than 3 have attained the standard ,.... places at nationals MAY be used to decide selection... I think for Olympic Trials though NAAA needs to properly lay out their standards.  Because will top 3 at Nationals even matter or will they just pick the top 3 based on their performance/times ?

Offline TheCarterFilez

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Well according to Solomon, if he ran in the open 400... he was ready to go mid 44..................................... :rotfl:

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ready to go and able to go is a big difference. The man could not even win a medal at pan am but was ready to run 44's.Actions speak louder than words. Find a meet and let actions talk cause I am having a hard time believing your word

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 15th IAAF World Championships 2015: 22nd~30th August (Beijing, PR of China)
« Reply #298 on: September 01, 2015, 11:26:21 PM »

I disagree as to your points because your focus is on jarrin solomon and not on T&T . The country comes first and if he cant see that then I beg to ask how patriotic he is. Secondly as I told socapro before the way jarrin behaved in the nationals , It is hard to see the rest fighting for him to be included. His behaviour at nationals would of affected how the others view him.Thirdly being able to run a 44.5 leg does not justify selection. Carlyle Roudette ran how many 44 legs for Texas A&M so he should be included also. The team ran a National record and got silver and men crying that jarrin got left out. He get a silver in world. Something he could never do by himself. If you so vex then turn that into motivation and be the best. But in my honest opinion I feel he knows he cant compete at that level so this was his swansong
D

Jusbless, I have to disagree with your assessment on Solomon in regards to not running in the 4x400m relay final as Solomon has proved that he is a reliable relay beast on many occasions. Solomon is an example of a quarter-miler who runs well in the 400m flat but who reliably runs faster once you put him on a relay leg with a baton in his hand. And what was so wrong with Solomon pointing out that Cedenio ran in his lane in the 400m Final at nationals? The video footage would have confirmed it even if Solomon did not point it out.

I am of course happy and satisfied with the performances of our guys for the silver in the 4x4 relay final but based upon performances in the 4x4 Heats, I personally would have rewarded Solomon with a leg in the 4x4 Final. In fact I believe that our 4x4 team with the personnel and legs in this order in the 4x4 final could have ran the USA closer for the gold medal:-
1st leg Lalonde Gordon; 2nd leg Jarrin Solomon; 3rd leg Deon Lendore; 4th leg Machel Cedenio.

If you look at the official splits of the TTO runners in the 4x4 final it looks like Lalonde Gordon ran the fastest leg and would have given us a faster 1st leg than Quow if the team and order I listed above was used in the 4x4 final.

Here are the offical splits of our TTO quarter milers in the final:-
1st leg Renny Quow 44.9; 2nd leg Lalonde Gordon 44.1; 3rd leg Deon Lendore 44.85; 4th leg Machel Cedenio 44.47.

I reckon if Lalonde was on 1st leg and Solomon (who gave us a 44.mid leg in the 4x4 Heats) was on 2nd leg with Deon on 3rd and Cedenio on 4th leg that our team would have run even faster and Machel Cedenio would have collected the baton further ahead of Merritt on the last leg leaving Merritt of USA with too much work to do to overhaul Cedenio.

Regardless I am still satisfied with the result and the silver medal.

God willing if everyone is fit next year and not affected by injuries then I expect that our Men's 4x4 relay team will be even faster in Rio 2016 and will be able to run USA even close for gold. I am predicting that one of our quarter-milers between Deon Lendore, Machel Cedenio and Lalonde Gordon will officially go sub-44 in the flat 400m by next year and whoever is the fastest should be rewarded with the anchor leg for team TTO to help neutralise the speed of Merritt or anyone else if they collect the baton ahead of them on the final leg.

If everything goes right next year then team TTO could be mining 4x4 gold in Rio and Solomon could easily be part of that team in the final depending on who shows the best relay form in the 4x4 Heats. I personally believe in rewarding athletes who run the most impressive legs in the 4x4 Heats with a leg in the 4x4 Final especially when they are fresher than most of the other athletes who were not able to perform as impressively in the 4x4 Heats. Using this fair strategy will also keeps all our quarter milers on their toes that they can't take their spot in the 4x4 final for granted. It for this reason why the USA usually does so well in the 4x4 as none of their quarter-milers can take their spot in the 4x4 final for granted unless they are clearly the best on their sqaud like Merritt is.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 12:19:58 AM by Socapro »

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 15th IAAF World Championships 2015: 22nd~30th August (Beijing, PR of China)
« Reply #299 on: September 02, 2015, 12:18:37 AM »
Socapro your theory is lacking and is unfair cause you are comparing quow first leg with jarrin second leg. The first leg is always the slowest leg. Your argument lacks cause you state replace quow. If that is the case your logic of not putting jarrin on first indicates to me that he cant run the first leg. So why not  put  quow on second and jarrin first and then compare Times. If you bringing stats in an argument at least be fair and match like with like. Relay beast lets examine his split at world relays final and pan am games what were those split. As to referring to him as a relay beast and yet quow who for years have been Mr dependable you ignore his contribution. Are we sometimes so blinded that we look at things from a skewed point of view.

1]; } ?>