April 27, 2024, 02:58:30 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti Game (3-Jul-2015)  (Read 10740 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti Game (3-Jul-2015)
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2015, 02:01:27 PM »
Was it tough enough ? While I don't think so, I think it was useful.  Beggars can't be choosers. I do think we need much more games. Look at the amount of games and quality of opponents the U.S. and Mex. have played. While we can't even arrange a cobo sweat with Venezuela.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2015, 02:05:46 PM »
Was it tough enough ? While I don't think so, I think it was useful.  Beggars can't be choosers. I do think we need much more games. Look at the amount of games and quality of opponents the U.S. and Mex. have played. While we can't even arrange a cobo sweat with Venezuela.

that's why our football stagnates, because they don't have enough time together as a time... how can they gel and execute the plans of the coach, when they hardly play together on a regular basis...

we have the talent, we just need the time and experience...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2015, 04:10:38 PM »
Tallman how was the pace of the game?  I know it was in essence a training match so they will not be in top gear.
How hard did Haiti hustle?  Was it tough enough to prepare us for the tournament?

De pace was what you would expect of a training exercise. De Haitians did not play in their usual style. Apart from a couple hard jams, dey didn't go balls to de wall. It was not necessarily de ideal preparation for de Gold Cup, but given de fact dat we hardly getting games, we hadda be grateful. I for one thought that it was very useful because it gave Hart de opportunity to experiment, even though it was not in the most competitive of environments. It is still one more game than he had in 2013.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2015, 04:55:39 AM »
Tallboy..

Ah want to hear more about de new players who play.

Glenn (he mobile, run at defenders or a Stern type player).

Corbin, he look out of depth, did he look confident, anything special.

Cyrus (on the right, if he look better there).

Winchester, did he help out on the wing, is he still fast, did he have shots on goal.

Meikel Williams, he decent yea, but he does make bad passes, how he look.

And of course Cummings. I see he have a nice dead ball game, tell we more on him in that game, he making good passes, helping out defence, running into spaces?

Foncette shoulda get a run instead of Phillip, only to keep we players active.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 05:39:55 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2015, 01:06:56 PM »
Tallboy..

Winchester, did he help out on the wing, is he still fast, did he have shots on goal.

And of course Cummings. I see he have a nice dead ball game, tell we more on him in that game, he making good passes, helping out defence, running into spaces?

Jonathan Glenn is not in the mold of a Stern John. He’s a very direct, strong, physical, mobile player. Makes intelligent runs, and you can see that he only has one thing on his mind which is scoring goals. He’s more similar to Plaza than Stern. There’s no fancy footwork or silky skills, but once the ball is in and around the area, he’s looking to shoot or head to goal, unless someone is in a better position.

When Corbin came on, a few men in de stands was saying “whey dat magga fella going?”, but he soon changed their minds. Although he has a lot of work to do, and a long way to go, he did not look out of his depth. He was riding tackles, running back to help in defence, harassing forwards, etc. And he does have some pace and takes decent corners. He would definitely need to hit the gym though. I would definitely like to see him blossom in the senior squad.

Cyrus looked OK at right back, especially when attacking. In the first half he was often caught out of position, but I think it’s because more defensive work was expected of Cato in the 4-3-3 formation, and he didn’t perform. This sometimes left Cyrus in a 2 on 1 situation, and Abu Bakr had to come across and bail him out.

Winchester did a decent job on the wing, but he needs to impose himself more. With the pace he has, he should be more aggressive and willing to take on defenders like Cornell Glen. But he did provide the assist on Plaza’s goal.

Meek Williams had an excellent game. Tackled when he needed to, supported his other defenders, shielded the ball well, shepherded the attackers to less dangerous areas, cleared the ball, helped transition from defense to attack … He looked mature and much improved from when I last saw him playing for the U-23 team in Olympic Qualifiers.

Cummings seems to have superior ball handling skills and his attack-minded. I don’t recall him really doing any defensive work. His passing, both short and long range, was accurate. Doesn’t seem to get flustered when he’s double teamed. His corners are on point, and he came very close to scoring a goal. Would like to see him play in a really competitive fixture. Would also benefit from hitting the gym. Kinda reminds me of Hardest.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2015, 01:34:58 PM »
Tallboy..

Jonathan Glenn is not in the mold of a Stern John. He’s a very direct, strong, physical, mobile player. Makes intelligent runs, and you can see that he only has one thing on his mind which is scoring goals. He’s more similar to Plaza than Stern. There’s no fancy footwork or silky skills, but once the ball is in and around the area, he’s looking to shoot or head to goal, unless someone is in a better position.

When Corbin came on, a few men in de stands was saying “whey dat magga fella going?”, but he soon changed their minds. Although he has a lot of work to do, and a long way to go, he did not look out of his depth. He was riding tackles, running back to help in defence, harassing forwards, etc. And he does have some pace and takes decent corners. He would definitely need to hit the gym though. I would definitely like to see him blossom in the senior squad.

Cyrus looked OK at right back, especially when attacking. In the first half he was often caught out of position, but I think it’s because more defensive work was expected of Cato in the 4-3-3 formation, and he didn’t perform. This sometimes left Cyrus in a 2 on 1 situation, and Abu Bakr had to come across and bail him out.

Winchester did a decent job on the wing, but he needs to impose himself more. With the pace he has, he should be more aggressive and willing to take on defenders like Cornell Glen. But he did provide the assist on Plaza’s goal.

Meek Williams had an excellent game. Tackled when he needed to, supported his other defenders, shielded the ball well, shepherded the attackers to less dangerous areas, cleared the ball, helped transition from defense to attack … He looked mature and much improved from when I last saw him playing for the U-23 team in Olympic Qualifiers.

Cummings seems to have superior ball handling skills and his attack-minded. I don’t recall him really doing any defensive work. His passing, both short and long range, was accurate. Doesn’t seem to get flustered when he’s double teamed. His corners are on point, and he came very close to scoring a goal. Would like to see him play in a really competitive fixture. Would also benefit from hitting the gym. Kinda reminds me of Hardest.

thanks brother...

Cummings reminded you of hardest with his ball handling skills??? i really have to see this player then...  ;D

one question, what kinda pace does Glenn have???

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2015, 10:16:02 PM »
is lester peltier injured? he wasn't named in the squad against haiti not even as a sub. that's odd.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2015, 02:37:28 AM »
is lester peltier injured? he wasn't named in the squad against haiti not even as a sub. that's odd.

He wasn't available for inclusion. Wasn't at camp yet. Not AWOL. Just not there by arrangement.

Likely related to his club's participation in Europa League qualification. Match was played in Gibraltar on Thursday night. Peltier came off the bench to play about 25 minutes. Slovan sewed up the game early. Won convincingly 6-0.

I imagine he won't be available to them for the return leg on Friday.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2015, 04:52:22 AM »

He wasn't available for inclusion. Wasn't at camp yet. Not AWOL. Just not there by arrangement.

Likely related to his club's participation in Europa League qualification. Match was played in Gibraltar on Thursday night. Peltier came off the bench to play about 25 minutes. Slovan sewed up the game early. Won convincingly 6-0.

I imagine he won't be available to them for the return leg on Friday.
ok great. for a second there i thought maybe he was injured.  thanks mate. :beermug:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2015, 08:17:25 AM »
Thanks Tallman.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2015, 01:57:46 AM »
Victory over Haiti was a good.
By Alvin Corneal (Guardian).

Of course it is! This Haiti team performed very well in the Gold Cup qualifying series in Jamaica and was boosted by the addition of its French-based players for the friendly in Miami, USA against T&T last Friday evening.

It seems clear to me that the wakeup call from Curacao and Jordan, plus the financial setbacks endured by our national team, has certainly been taken seriously.

In the first place, the players themselves understand the value of good performances in the Gold Cup, if only for their own benefit of catching the attention of international scouts across the world.

There is no doubt in my mind that some of these players are worth entries into Division One leagues across the world and this happens to be their chance to show these guys their motion.

Secondly, head coach Stephen Hart finally got some valuable training time for about three weeks prior to the tournament, which allowed the coaching staff to mentor the players who appeared to be lethargic in their previous approach.

His decision to include Rundell Winchester and Kevan George ahead of Kenwyne Jones, Andrew Boucaud and Khaleem Hyland must be considered a step in the right direction, especially as these lads have been hard at work with their teams in Europe. The training sessions may well be enough to sharpen them for the big day against Guatemala.

I reckon that Winchester and Plaza could be our most potent strike pair and if given a well-balanced defense line and midfield, they can be the key players on game day.

I have the confidence in Sheldon Bateau and Daniel Cyrus in central defense simply because both are useful players in their ground work while their speed and aerial play could be ideal against the short Guatemalans.

Our midfield must win possession for our team to gain ascendency. Peltier will offer speed on the right, Guerra and Cato speed on the left. Skipper Jones and Plaza will be at the front with a definite share of attack from Winchester somewhere during the game when a fresh pair of legs is needed.

Joevin Jones will certainly provide the multi-tasking of defending well on the left side and getting into attack on the flank, with his superb left crosses.

A big question will be whether Abu Bakr can fit in the right wing back position or be more comfortable in central midfield with Bateau asked to complete a strong defense line. I prefer this pattern.

What seems somewhat encouraging is that the return to working collectively may have been achieved by communications among the staff and the players.

I expect that our points will be guaranteed by defeating both Guatemala and Cuba, but I have to admit that Mexico’s preparation for this cup was given priority over their Copa America participation, where they played with an Under 23 squad instead of their marquee players.

Our intention must be expansive, knowing that the World Cup qualifying series is near and every game must be seen within the context of our opponents throughout that challenging route to Russia in 2018.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2015, 07:39:34 AM »
Erm Cyrus is currently being played at right-back, rather than Abu Bakr, unless I'm mistaken? This doesn't seem the most cutting analysis, although admittedly it's nice to see him be positive :)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2015, 07:54:36 AM »
Anton have a point here, Abu Bakr might make a good defensive midfielder.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2015, 08:26:40 AM »

That might be worth a shot. I don't know if he's a ball winner or not.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2015, 09:07:53 AM »

That might be worth a shot. I don't know if he's a ball winner or not.

not a good suggestion, corneal is not as adept as hart so i will go with SH over all these men..

1]; } ?>