March 28, 2024, 04:44:51 AM

Author Topic: TTFA refute Sancho's statement.  (Read 5077 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA refute Sancho's statement.
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2015, 01:54:30 PM »
The unfortunate thing is that despite each side's attempt to get out its message ... the waters are no less muddy.
it's quicksand about now, only hope is the hole not to deep, or somebody find a long snake rope ..with our luck if they throw a oxygen tank, it will buss we head
*background music: theme to any Indiana Jones movie*
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 01:56:12 PM by maxg »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2015, 03:13:43 PM »

Maybe you're right, Sam.
If you check back 3 years, I stated that Tim-Kee getting into politics would be bad for football.

but jack was in politics......no friend of yours, I know, but why should a man political affiliation be put up as a reason to sabotage a NATIONAL PROGRAM

However, is it possible that Tim-Kee is just plain useless?

He's an arrogant heel most of the time but managed to keep the teams fairly active despite the funding war.......how would u cope if the deck was stacked against you..........after the jack era d FA was practically wiped out......devoid of public trust again, collateral damage from jack, how yuh supposed to build a product d private sector could get behind when yuh being hindered by the only entity with d ability to help yuh out........I not sayin dat Tim kee gets a free pass for his perceived lack of initiative but at d same time.......yuh arm being twisted from d word go......man in NGC talkin with ah ethnic\political head.....all kinda dotishness..........Tim-kee ent d greatest but he playin ah game where d dealer have loaded dice.

Maybe it's not the same, but hear this...when we started Central F.C. we were refused subvention by Anil. That put us $83,000 behind other clubs. Once stories began coming out about SIS, sponsors we approached wanted to support us but refused because they did not want to be associated. Yet we still found lots of ways to attract funding. Lots of companies came on board the WPL. We even had an approach from a company owned by a PNM candidate for the 2010 election. My point is, if TTFA are fighting bias from PP companies, why doesn't Tim-Kee approach PNM supporters? As Mayor, he must rub shoulders with many big hitters.  I know one company that we worked with who turned away once Brent became MoS, so why have they not approached TTFA? Why doesn't Guardian Life support TTFA? Why keep promising to pay match fees of over $1 million when you have no money? 

there in lies the problem..........we keep sayin dat Timkee politics is one of the reasons he havin issues yet we suggestin dat he take d TTFA further down dat rabbit hole....I understand where yuh comin from re fund raisin.......but trinidad football doh need more political marginalization.

would be better to attract a wide cross section of support.

I can guarantee u dat if by some quirk, we win d tournament it goh have all kinda full page ad congratulating d team.....not least includin d NGC and dis PR addled gov't

Lefty you're right (lol) But it's Tim-Kee who keeps piping on about NGC asking about yellow jerseys. It may well be true, but the more he goes on about it, the more it resonates with other potential sponsors. The reality is that many big corporates prefer cricket to football. And many of those that prefer football got their fingers burned by Jack. Then, finally, you have those who want to stay politically neutral publicly. And yes, you know there'll be the waggonists at the airport. At least Sancho went to see them off instead of waiting for a victory before waving his flag.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2015, 04:56:28 PM »
I think people just want the MOS to write cheques and TTFA hasn't been forthright with how they spent the money... Yet people are blaming the MOS... No one has stopped to ask ttfa why they are lying about how much funds they received and who is covering the debts and when can we seethe fully audited books...

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2015, 05:51:29 PM »
I think people just want the MOS to write cheques and TTFA hasn't been forthright with how they spent the money... Yet people are blaming the MOS... No one has stopped to ask ttfa why they are lying about how much funds they received and who is covering the debts and when can we seethe fully audited books...
here you go grinding your UNC axe again when ever there is the slightest opportunity to to take a swipe at the PNM with your UNC hatchet. i believe politics has no place in football so keep that on the general disc forum please.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2015, 07:06:01 PM »
dem fellas like two rhino in ah china shop jeezan....as seeker say muddy water all around
I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2015, 07:13:57 AM »
here you go grinding your UNC axe again when ever there is the slightest opportunity to to take a swipe at the PNM with your UNC hatchet. i believe politics has no place in football so keep that on the general disc forum please.

I don't agree. For years here we were demanding accountability from TTFF. Now they change to TTFA we don't demand that anymore? Remember, for whatever reason there have been no TTFA accounts produced. How do you know what income they get and what they spend it on while continually requesting funding from MoS? How do you know if TTFA are an excellently run administration or totally inept? They put out  unsubstantiated figures and we all clap and cheer, but how do we know that's the reality? Look how a TTFA official denied that TTFA were entitled to any travel funding from CONCACAF in an email to MoS. You think that deserves trust? People want to throw politics in the mix (and I do believe if you check back that Tim-Kee did go political) but don't let politics prevent a search for truth.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2015, 10:18:55 PM »

I don't agree. For years here we were demanding accountability from TTFF. Now they change to TTFA we don't demand that anymore? Remember, for whatever reason there have been no TTFA accounts produced. How do you know what income they get and what they spend it on while continually requesting funding from MoS? How do you know if TTFA are an excellently run administration or totally inept? They put out  unsubstantiated figures and we all clap and cheer, but how do we know that's the reality? Look how a TTFA official denied that TTFA were entitled to any travel funding from CONCACAF in an email to MoS. You think that deserves trust? People want to throw politics in the mix (and I do believe if you check back that Tim-Kee did go political) but don't let politics prevent a search for truth.
you would say anything to defend brent because he's your mate and i understand that but why does he wait til the team is on tour to bring mele to the forefront. you could say what you want but brent is a politician and probably always has been and i am sure that he is being coached by kamla to create tension with the federation because timkee is a key pnm proponent. to be honest mate, i can never trust brent, dwight, or kelvin jack again. if you feel kenwin is cool with brent for the slimey way he's handling the team right now, then rethink that thought. i am sure even the coach thinks he's a piece of work.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2015, 06:39:49 AM »

you would say anything to defend brent because he's your mate and i understand that but why does he wait til the team is on tour to bring mele to the forefront. you could say what you want but brent is a politician and probably always has been and i am sure that he is being coached by kamla to create tension with the federation because timkee is a key pnm proponent. to be honest mate, i can never trust brent, dwight, or kelvin jack again. if you feel kenwin is cool with brent for the slimey way he's handling the team right now, then rethink that thought. i am sure even the coach thinks he's a piece of work.

So wait, Tim-Kee sends out a press release attacking Sancho during the Gold Cup and Sancho supposed to suck salt? If Tim-Kee decided that his political future was more important than his national team, why are you not pelting rocks at him? Sancho had no press released planned, no press conference set up. But hell yeah, if you get your ass kicked in public during election season, damn right your going to respond. As for deflating the team, they don't give a s*it. They will be paid as agreed, so where's the gripe?

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2015, 02:52:40 AM »
From the Trinidad Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2015-07-16/jones-road-ends-bunch

Nigel Simon
Published:
Thursday, July 16, 2015
Soca Warriors’ left back Aubrey David, right, challenges Guatemala’s Jorge Aparicio, in their 2015 Concacaf Gold Cup Group C enounter at Soldier Field Stadium, Illinois, Chicago on Thursday night. T&T won 3-1. Photo: Courtesy Concacaf. Photo: Courtesy Concacaf

Soca Warriors captain and Cardiff City striker, Kenwyne Jones has hinted that the ongoing dispute between Minister of Sport and former national defender Brent Sancho and T&T Football Association president Raymond Tim Kee could force the current crop of players to quit the senior team.

The Stephen Hart-coached Soca Warriors are currently on a high and whipping Guatemala 3-1 and Cuba 2-0 in their first two 2015 Concacaf Gold Cup matches in the USA to qualify for the quarterfinals for the first time ahead of their final group match which was against powerhouse Mexico last night.

A win or draw for the T&T squad (six points) against Mexico (four points) will see T&T top a round-robin group for the first in the competition ahead of the quarterfinals, where they were ousted two years ago after a 1-0 loss to Mexico.

However, depending on how far the T&T team reaches in the tournament, it could well be the last for coach Hart and the core of players, who from all reports have grown very frustrated over the constant public spats between Sancho and Tim Kee, over financial support for the national team.

The latest feud erupted last week over the request from the TTFA for funding to assist with covering the team expenses at the Concacaf Gold Cup in the USA along with a request for match fees for the Women Soca Warriors for the Pan American Games in Canada.

Sancho in response stated that unless the TTFA and Tim Kee was more transparent in their dealings with regards to finances, his Ministry was not going to be supportive as it was in the past.

In a release to the media on the weekend, the TTFA sought to clear the air with regards to a claim by Minister Sancho that the organisation was not forthcoming regarding funds received from Concacaf.

The release stated that Sancho said he was told by the T&TFA they only had "$13,000 (TT) in their account so they couldn't pay for visas for the Under-23 Team," said Sancho, "but one of the challenges we have is gauging what they have and what they don't have because we got information that they received US$100,000 from Concacaf.

"Then, when they knew we were aware of it, they said they would get the money at the end of July. Then, when we asked why preparatory money would only be available after the tournament, they came back and said they would get it by the end of the week," ended Sancho."

The TTFA in response refuted those statement and issued a press release that shed-light on the Minister's accusations.

Last of current national team?

And yesterday via his Facebook page, captain Kenwyne Jones with a keen eye on what was taking place back home wrote on his status post: "This ain't no way a threat or disrespect to no one but chances are really high that this could be the last time they see this national team together sad but the reality…enough has been too much."

A former striker in another post on Jones' page stated: "Again what's going on with our national team is nothing new. Pulling out results and great performances out our asses without funding and proper preparation."

In response Kenwyne Jones wrote: "there will never be peace in the squad whther I'm there or not," (followed by three cry faces and #YuhThinkItEasy)

As early as 8.23am on Tuesday morning, Jones who by then had read about the exchanges between TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee and his former World Cup colleague, Brent Sancho stated: "Morning, so, while the feud continues, the football suffers, note TT anytime we fall short in something its always a funding issue, if this doesn't stop it can be the end of progress….egos aside put the football first..or leave the relevant offices held…"

The status quote received 180 likes with 35 comments and followed link shared by Jones headlined..Sancho says no more funding for T&TFA…unless.

In fact, Jones was aware of the situation between both the T&TFA and Minister of Sport Brent Sancho which was playing out in the media and stated on his facebook page: "We play we fight….support from the relevant body ?...still outstanding smfh…"(106 likes and 11 comments)

Just last December on the eve of the Caribbean Football Union Cup final against host Jamaica in Montego Bay, Jones was also a key man in the senior team threatened boycott of the match over the non-payment of salaries, stipends and bonuses to players and technical staff alike
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

1]; } ?>