March 28, 2024, 04:41:56 PM

Author Topic: Thread for Colombia Women vs T&T Women (14-Jul-2015)  (Read 6847 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for Colombia Women vs T&T Women (14-Jul-2015)
« on: July 12, 2015, 06:34:41 AM »
Date: Tuesday, July 14th at 20:35pm EST
Venue: Hamilton Stadium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Competition: Pan American Games

POSSIBLE LIVE STREAM: http://panam.cbc.ca/videos/video/soccer-womens-2030-570078.html

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for Colombia Women vs T&T Women (14-Jul-2015)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 06:01:25 AM »

Best wishes to our Soca Queens

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 06:59:08 AM »

Hey peeps can we get it right , no disrespect Sando Prince my BFANM however the Women's squad was re-branded to the Soca Women Warrior's. Can we all please refer to them as such.

You don't see the men's squad being called anything else.

Thanks to everyone for your support as it was amazing to see a sea of RED in the east side stands supporting our Women. We are the later game on Tuesday 14th evening. Traffic will be a mess even though their is HOV lanes for 3 plus people. Take the 407 toll highway as you will save lots of time.

Anyone coming came and say hello as I am in section 115 , row 13 seats 22-26 . If I am not in my seat then I am right above on the rail at the accessible seating charging my phone  ;D

Go Soca Warrior Women Goooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applause: :applause: :cheers: :salute: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 07:10:59 AM »

^ Ok 'Women Warriors'

Give it your best T&T women

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 02:14:53 PM »

We are the later game on Tuesday 14th evening. Traffic will be a mess even though their is HOV lanes for 3 plus people. Take the 407 toll highway as you will save lots of time.

Anyone coming came and say hello as I am in section 115 , row 13 seats 22-26 . If I am not in my seat then I am right above on the rail at the accessible seating charging my phone  ;D

Go Soca Warrior Women Goooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applause: :applause: :cheers: :salute: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

[/quote]

Is our game at 8.35 pm or 5.30 pm? See http://heyevent.com/event/3iegynhhtsjzka/colombia-women-vs-tt-women

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 02:25:56 PM »
Women Warriors, Soca Queens, Soca Princesses. Good Luck and God Bless!!!

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 03:17:51 PM »

We are the later game on Tuesday 14th evening. Traffic will be a mess even though their is HOV lanes for 3 plus people. Take the 407 toll highway as you will save lots of time.

Is our game at 8.35 pm or 5.30 pm? See http://heyevent.com/event/3iegynhhtsjzka/colombia-women-vs-tt-women
[/quote]

http://results.toronto2015.org/IRS/en/general/daily-schedule-date=2015-07-14.htm

The game is at 8:35 pm

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 07:35:45 PM »

http://results.toronto2015.org/IRS/en/general/daily-schedule-date=2015-07-14.htm

The game is at 8:35 pm

[/quote]

Thank you!!!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 08:26:56 PM »
Good luck ladies! This is your World Cup redemption- just show the world - what if you were there? Show what you could do aganist these Columbians- play yuh ball!

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 08:58:46 AM »
overcast, rainy and humid today (so far).. hoping it clears up. If you're coming in from the East and just for the Trinbago ladies game, I don't think traffic will be a problem at that time of the day/night. The jam is usually 3.30 - 6.30ish. If you have 'frens' the HOV lanes will bring you in most of the way into the city smooth. Do NOT chance the HOV lane if you're solo as the beast dem waiting to put your name on a ticket!

Good luck WARRIORS! I'll be there for a bit cheering you on.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 09:39:29 AM »
overcast, rainy and humid today (so far).. hoping it clears up. If you're coming in from the East and just for the Trinbago ladies game, I don't think traffic will be a problem at that time of the day/night. The jam is usually 3.30 - 6.30ish. If you have 'frens' the HOV lanes will bring you in most of the way into the city smooth. Do NOT chance the HOV lane if you're solo as the beast dem waiting to put your name on a ticket!

Good luck WARRIORS! I'll be there for a bit cheering you on.

If you have a transponder for the 407 then use it. Even if you don't it's not worth sitting in traffic. I used the HOV lanes on the QEW on Saturday at about 10am to go to the stadium and they were terrible. With the rain that is expected this evening their will be no traffic relief.  Leave early is all I can say.

Anyone have any links to tonight's game ?? Please post them ASAP

Hey Jumbie (see my post above as to where I am sitting) please come over and say hello.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 01:20:41 PM »
Forbes
Superville #8
King #5
Belgrave #4
Russell #2 (C)
Cordner #19
Rice #16
Forbes #14
Mollon #12
Shade #3
Francois #11

This is how we started the match v. Argentina.

Back line: King was solid. Superville, Belgrave and Russell were not. Frankly doh see why Russell has the armband. Her play is incompatible with that responsibility.

Superville had fitness issues, but also failed to release and provide for Cordner and Rice effectively. Belgrave had unforgivable mental and decisional errors, and seems technically not ideal for this role. Russell had a positional error that was so glaring it almost resulted in a goal ... as her defence was quite rightly "stepping up", she was completely unmindful of the step, and actually took steps back ... yet once the shot went off, and was resolved, she proceeded to complain to her teammates, when she was the one at fault. However, Russell was more successful in connecting with the outside mid than was Superville. That said, she was also delinquent in providing sufficient cover for the marauding Laroquette; not to mention being squared up flat-footed without initiating a tackle (led to a goal). Success can't be had by having a flank defender as a spectator, especially that close to goal. Who played in that position during the WC campaign?

Anyhow, I think Russell can improve as the tournament progresses, but today versus the Colombians is probably NOT the time to venture that experiment.

King needs to communicate and assume the role as senior partner with Belgrave, if Belgrave continues in that role versus Colombia. She shouldn't. 

If only one change in the defence has to be prioritized, Belgrave should be benched.

Midfield: Mollon was more expressive in the second half ... almost explosive. Quality. Pity we can't use her closer to goal. (This is also tied to the fact that the defender behind her can't get forward. Whatever happened to the modern-day full back?)

Cordner. Has quality, but we need to play balls into her with a greater respect for accuracy. Balls that meet her in her stride, not balls that stretch her lungs or balls played behind her. THEN we also need to take up roles in support of her movement. Cordner also ignited as the second half got going. Why wait? Get the woman the ball and ignited earlier in the game. She can unlock defences once she is in that zone.

Rice ... I detected a fitness issue that was probably made no better by the weather. However, she's a player that can grow into games, by managing her runs etc. I like the prospects and interchanging she offers with Shade. Possesses good game intelligence. However, was disappointed to see her quibbling with the ref (although she wasn't the principal offender). Looking for her to concentrate and bring others into the game.

On the day, Forbes was not one of the bright spots. Should be more imposing in shutting down the opponent and in reading and influencing the movement of Francois. Having Mollon to her right is to her benefit, not liability. Found that Mollon was often isolated and lacking sufficient options from Forbes on the inside. (Although the coach wanted to exploit the wings, center mids have also to understand that doesn't mean each and every play per se. Where was the variation? Where was Forbes combining with runs coming off the other flank?)

Under Waldrum, and on display in this match, was the issue of how do we get numbers forward, quickly, effectively to receive service in the box or generally dangerous areas. There's something wrong when bth of my outside mids are in such advanced positions that the players coming through the center don't seem like they will be available for service. How can we draw the opponent's back line out?

Tired of seeing Mollon tearing down one wing, Cordner tearing down the other, and the forwards not making leading runs (which would be different from just running forward!)  Players in those central channels leh we do ah ting nah.

Forwards: Shade offered enough to merit continuity. Has the quality to change things on a dime. We need that. Also has determination in tight situations. Sufficiently good on the day, not spectacular.

Francois? For me the jury is still out on her, and that's probably not the most compelling case or assessment to make of an attacker leading the line. Thought she disappeared at moments and didn't ask questions of the ARG defence. If something isn't working, challenge the opponent differently.

In general, I think the combo of Rice, Shade, Francois and Forbes failed to ask these questions collectively ... but, to be fair, we did see moments of individuality making some difference.

Subs: None of them need any introduction. Hopefully we see more of them as senior contributors from here on in. Will reserve further comment for now. Ah done cause enough trouble as it is. 

« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 01:22:42 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2015, 05:47:44 PM »
Mex beat Colombia 3-1.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2015, 06:42:47 PM »
stream needed...

those streams showing swimming n other stuff

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 06:46:41 PM »
it now switch over, looks like we down a goal.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 06:49:15 PM »
The last link works.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 06:53:48 PM »
The last link works.
how do you get it to work ??????

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 06:57:21 PM »
Can anyone give an update please !!!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2015, 07:00:57 PM »
Ah finally get one to work.... First game I am getting to see for the week  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2015, 07:06:38 PM »
Just logged in to one of the streams.

We are 1  - 0 down with 30 minutes gone!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2015, 07:09:59 PM »
Yuh hadda play around with some of the links.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2015, 07:10:36 PM »
No pressing at all.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2015, 07:26:00 PM »
No pressing at all.
yeah that is what I saying.....

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2015, 07:29:30 PM »
Half time Columbia 1 - 0 T&T.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2015, 07:38:51 PM »
I like some of the adjustments Ross Russell made.  Superville on the right. Good call.

Our collective defending is lacking, but thankfully the positioning of some individual players is decent to good (King and Attin-Johnson in particular). Better rendition on display by Belgrave in having a key intervention and connecting better passes to the MF, but she still has to be careful about getting sucked out of the central defence to make challenges in the MF. Perhaps an indication that she's doing someone else's job.

Several of our players are not covering the immediately defending player. That is too basic to have to deal with ... I don't think it's the result of fitness. It's partially not reading the game well, reacting to play rather than influencing it, and also hedging bets on outcomes.

At the moment, Francois is not offering us enough. Cordner wukking hard defensively.

Our 1 v 1 defending when facing the opponent is not good. Swiping at the ball, trying to delay from improper distances (not close enough) ...

The good news is ... we can still do this. Would like to see Mollon cut inside.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2015, 07:56:50 PM »
Our problems just magnified with Usme coming in. She will tilt the scale because her task is attack, attack, attack and preoccupy the center backs.

Good sub.

Rain to complicate things.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2015, 08:09:15 PM »
Columbia is technically very good even though their attack breaks down in the attacking third.
We would do well to get anything out this game.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2015, 08:19:58 PM »
If we don't advance our lines and narrow the distance between the front and the defence, we won't get anything at all. We are stretching ourselves voluntarily.

1]; } ?>