March 28, 2024, 12:55:46 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (19-Jul-2015)  (Read 44582 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (19-Jul-2015)
« on: July 15, 2015, 09:11:57 AM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the T&T vs Panama 2015 Gold Cup quarter-final match at the MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford on the 19th of July 2015 will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

To be updated.

Possible Online Streams.

To be updated.

Possible TV Station.

To be updated.

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers

Jan-Michael Williams (Central FC), Marvin Phillip (Point Fortin Civic), Adrian Foncette (Police FC).

Defenders

Mekeil Williams (Antigua GFC, Guatemala), Sheldon Bateau (KV Mechelen, Belgium), Joevin Jones (Chicago Fire, USA), Radanfah Abu Bakr (HB Koge, Denmark), Daneil Cyrus (W Connection), Aubrey David (Shakhter Karagandy, Kazakhstan), Yohance Marshall (Juventud Independiente, El Salvador).

Midfielders

Andre Boucaud (Dagenham & Redbridge, UK), Khaleem Hyland (KVC Westerlo, Belgium), Ataullah Guerra (Central FC), Keron Cummings (North East Stars), Cordell Cato (San Jose Earthquakes, USA), Lester Peltier (Slovan Bratislava, Slovakia), Dwane James (North East Stars), Kevan George (Columbus Crew, USA).

Forwards

Kenwyne Jones (A.F.C. Bournemouth, UK), Jonathan Glenn (IBV, Iceland), Willis Plaza (Central FC), Rundell Winchester (Portland Timbers 2, USA), Kadeem Corbin (St. Ann’s Rangers).

Coach - Stephen Hart.

Panama Squad

Goalkeepers

To be updated.

Defenders

To be updated.

Midfielders

To be updated.

Forwards

To be updated.

Coach - To be updated.

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 08:36:22 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Thread for the T&T vs CRC/PAN Game (19-Jul-2015)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 09:33:21 AM »
PANAMA players carrying cards.

Adolfo Machado, Aníbal Godoy, yellow cards vs Haiti.

Jaime Penedo, Luis Tejada, Adolfo Machado, Luis Henríquez (2 yellows) vs Honduras.

Aníbal Godoy, yellow card vs USA.

So Aníbal Godoy and Adolfo Machado is out.

Costa Rica players carrying cards.

Joel Campbell, David Guzmán, Johan Venegas, yellow cards vs El Salvador.

David Guzmán, Celso Borges, yellow cards vs Canada.

So David Guzmán is out.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:36:18 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (19-Jul-2015)
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 08:48:01 PM »
It'll be hard but we must find a way to refocus for Sunday. Thsee games have proven that this team has the quality and character to do something special.  We must not this opportunity slip.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 09:01:39 PM »
Flex faster than CONCACAF website....I now gone to check who we playing next and the time.  Completely forgetting SWO better than any football website anywhere...... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 09:06:05 PM »
Vybez it up fellas!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 12:59:00 AM »
Boucaud and Cyrus will be back. Licking my chops.  ;D
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 01:04:33 AM »
in my opinion the best way to beat these teams is to press them even if we are up by a margin. we have held off three time now and got scored on in two different matches, so i say instead of taking your foot off the pedal we press them to the end. no easing up because that is when we get in trouble. good luck warriors on sunday GW.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 01:34:19 AM »
in my opinion the best way to beat these teams is to press them even if we are up by a margin. we have held off three time now and got scored on in two different matches, so i say instead of taking your foot off the pedal we press them to the end. no easing up because that is when we get in trouble. good luck warriors on sunday GW.

Yu damn right.

We try to defend a lead and we look stupid. Remember vs CR in the GC of 2000. Was leading easy. Tried to defend for th last 20 mnts and they were all over us and equalised. We then started to play football again and Mickey Trotman scored a Golden Goal.

We need to play our natural game or play from the midfield and don't allow them to live in our third. It's like a fighter on the ropes just taking lash again and again, some will get in.

If KJ hadn't scored that own goal we NEVER would've pressed for that fourth.
I understand what they are tryin to do but that sort of deep defending doesn't seem to work for us and we pay against better opposition.

VB

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 05:31:44 AM »

Yu damn right.

We try to defend a lead and we look stupid. Remember vs CR in the GC of 2000. Was leading easy. Tried to defend for th last 20 mnts and they were all over us and equalised. We then started to play football again and Mickey Trotman scored a Golden Goal.

We need to play our natural game or play from the midfield and don't allow them to live in our third. It's like a fighter on the ropes just taking lash again and again, some will get in.

I understand what they are tryin to do but that sort of deep defending doesn't seem to work for us and we pay against better opposition.

VB

I agree...

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 07:01:07 AM »
we press we score simple as dat work on d conditioning and play a pressin game talk done
I pity the fool....

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 07:06:15 AM »
I think coach Hart is the new little magician!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 07:29:48 AM »

Yu damn right.

VB

I couldn't say it any better than that.  Well said!  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline CaribKaraoke

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 07:48:54 AM »

Yu damn right.

VB

I couldn't say it any better than that.  Well said!  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Agree, Trinidad doesn't seem to be coached enough to know how to play with a lead against skilled teams...or against non-skilled teams.  We just need to play how we play all game. 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 08:25:23 AM »
Flex faster than CONCACAF website....I now gone to check who we playing next and the time.  Completely forgetting SWO better than any football website anywhere...... ;D

:beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2015, 08:39:47 AM »
2-0 TT is my prediction... :beermug:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2015, 10:27:38 AM »
ah want to beat panama real real bad...for what i consider a f#cking insult when they asked if their U23s could play our seniors..
yes i admire the strides they made over the last 5 years...but dont insult me.
ah want to beat them bad.

but now is not the time to get emotional..so...relax Big mag...relax.. ( but ah want tuh beat dem bad)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 10:33:49 AM by Big Magician »
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2015, 10:32:33 AM »
Let's not get to complacent guys.

We have a job to complete.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2015, 11:47:24 AM »
ah want to beat panama real real bad...for what i consider a f#cking insult when they asked if their U23s could play our seniors..
yes i admire the strides they made over the last 5 years...but dont insult me.
ah want to beat them bad.

but now is not the time to get emotional..so...relax Big mag...relax.. ( but ah want tuh beat dem bad)

I think a 2-0 is in order... Maybe 3

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2015, 12:08:37 PM »
Be realistic

Yuh think it easy to press?

Even for a half?

To press you need supremely fit players, players that know how to keep the ball once they regain possession, not to mention players who know how to play off the ball.

You think we going to learn to do that consistently during a tournament?  Or a week camp prior to the tournament?

Teams that regularly employ the press have players who are accustomed to it.   Our players are not those players.

Maybe if the coaching staff had them like a club team....the way Gally had the Strike Squad back in 88 and 89.....day in and day out.....then maybe.

Pressing style eh easy.

And I guarantee....almost every team that is ahead....especially those that are ahead 3-2 after being 2-0 down...will play to try and defend the lead.....not attack more and leave themselves vulnerable.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2015, 12:46:51 PM »
Be realistic

Even for a half?

To press you need supremely fit players, players that know how to keep the ball once they regain possession, not to mention players who know how to play off the ball.

You think we going to learn to do that consistently during a tournament?  Or a week camp prior to the tournament?

Teams that regularly employ the press have players who are accustomed to it.   Our players are not those players.

Maybe if the coaching staff had them like a club team....the way Gally had the Strike Squad back in 88 and 89.....day in and day out.....then maybe.

Pressing style eh easy.

And I guarantee....almost every team that is ahead....especially those that are ahead 3-2 after being 2-0 down...will play to try and defend the lead.....not attack more and leave themselves vulnerable.

right except that we aren't very good at it....and looked more assured...when attempting to close down the mexican dan sitting back and letting them come at us......maybe a better tactic might be to hold the ball once we possess it... but it have danger in dat too.....but as yuh saw last night we bus is more like ah old bedford than ah greyhound so maybe we shouldn't use it until we upgrade

I pity the fool....

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2015, 01:05:26 PM »
Be realistic

Even for a half?

Pressing style eh easy.

Nobody said all out attack, just not all out defence. Look at teh last five minutes vs Mex and you will understand.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2015, 01:17:21 PM »

Nobody said all out attack, just not all out defence. Look at teh last five minutes vs Mex and you will understand.

I see it vb.  But come on man.

Game in de dregs.  Men dead on dey feet.  They in front and looking to defend the lead.  ALL dey studyin is to boom kick out de box at that time.  Psychologically, they in defence mode.  Conversely....the opposition needs a result.  They in all out attack mode.  They too are tired and vulnerable to counter....but we not in that mental or physical state to take advantage.

It IS a fitness issue....both mental and physical.

But that not going to get fixed during a tournament. 

Completely understandable IMO

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2015, 03:22:40 PM »

;)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2015, 04:03:40 PM »

Game in de dregs.  Men dead on dey feet.  They in front and looking to defend the lead.  ALL dey studyin is to boom kick out de box at that time.  Psychologically, they in defence mode.  Conversely....the opposition needs a result.  They in all out attack mode.  They too are tired and vulnerable to counter....but we not in that mental or physical state to take advantage.

it takes more energy to defend than to attack and in the end we still had to revert to attacking mode when we dropped two goals, so i say keep attacking but do it conservatively.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2015, 04:54:24 PM »

it takes more energy to defend than to attack and in the end we still had to revert to attacking mode when we dropped two goals, so i say keep attacking but do it conservatively.

That all sounds good in theory.  Reality is a different kettle of fish

Just like when a coach instruct a team to play higher up the field yet they do what they accustomed to doing...doh mind coach screaming at them to move up

Lemme see you play a 90 and attack with a 3-2 lead with 5 minutes to go.  And yuh get ketch up field attackin and de opposition counterin in de acres of space vacated because of that attack.  Yuh defenders bawlin fuh yuh to track back...but yuh jes cyah make. 

Tell them yuh stayin up because it take more energy to defend than attack. :D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 05:08:39 PM by palos »

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2015, 06:47:11 PM »
Fitness is the key to the puzzle. Look at Haiti they have been running for 90= minutes.
 What I like about this T&T team in this  tournament is that every time they attack they look like scoring.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2015, 06:49:20 PM »

That all sounds good in theory.  Reality is a different kettle of fish

Just like when a coach instruct a team to play higher up the field yet they do what they accustomed to doing...doh mind coach screaming at them to move up

Lemme see you play a 90 and attack with a 3-2 lead with 5 minutes to go.  And yuh get ketch up field attackin and de opposition counterin in de acres of space vacated because of that attack.  Yuh defenders bawlin fuh yuh to track back...but yuh jes cyah make. 

Tell them yuh stayin up because it take more energy to defend than attack. :D

Good to see some common sense finally.  Press for 90 minutes  ::)haha some of Allyuh men really different for real.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2015, 08:12:21 PM »
Looks like we finally getting our ABCs'= ADVERSITY.  BUILDS. CHARACTER

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2015, 08:29:54 PM »
Haven't posted up in the forum for a while! Anybody know when and where the fellas training? Would like to catch a training session!
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2015, 07:54:35 AM »

Yu damn right.

VB

Agree, Trinidad doesn't seem to be coached enough to know how to play with a lead against skilled teams...or against non-skilled teams.  We just need to play how we play all game. 

Allyuh eh bet allyuh could talk shit nah. BraveHart has said in more than one post game interview that he didn't want them defending deep. It's the players that does fall back into old habits in these situations nothing to do with coaching

1]; } ?>