March 28, 2024, 03:47:14 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (19-Jul-2015)  (Read 44591 times)

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (19-Jul-2015)
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2015, 08:31:15 AM »
The three watch words for the rest of this tournament are
1.Discipline
2.Tolerance
3.Production
Go Warriors

Offline CaribKaraoke

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2015, 08:37:54 AM »
in my opinion the best way to beat these teams is to press them even if we are up by a margin. we have held off three time now and got scored on in two different matches, so i say instead of taking your foot off the pedal we press them to the end. no easing up because that is when we get in trouble. good luck warriors on sunday GW.

Yu damn right.

We try to defend a lead and we look stupid. Remember vs CR in the GC of 2000. Was leading easy. Tried to defend for th last 20 mnts and they were all over us and equalised. We then started to play football again and Mickey Trotman scored a Golden Goal.

We need to play our natural game or play from the midfield and don't allow them to live in our third. It's like a fighter on the ropes just taking lash again and again, some will get in.

If KJ hadn't scored that own goal we NEVER would've pressed for that fourth.
I understand what they are tryin to do but that sort of deep defending doesn't seem to work for us and we pay against better opposition.

VB

I couldn't say it any better than that.  Well said!  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Agree, Trinidad doesn't seem to be coached enough to know how to play with a lead against skilled teams...or against non-skilled teams.  We just need to play how we play all game. 

Allyuh eh bet allyuh could talk shit nah. BraveHart has said in more than one post game interview that he didn't want them defending deep. It's the players that does fall back into old habits in these situations nothing to do with coaching

I agree.  It's unfamiliar, so they don't 'trust the system' and revert to their skill....which isn't their strength.  So, it's on both the coach and players, to fully listen to their coach regardless of the present situation. 

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2015, 09:00:22 AM »

I agree.  It's unfamiliar, so they don't 'trust the system' and revert to their skill....which isn't their strength.  So, it's on both the coach and players, to fully listen to their coach regardless of the present situation.

It's not a question of not trusting the coach (which is what you mean by "system"). It's driven by fear. It's driven by not trusting themselves. At times, it's driven by fatigue. Most of what it's driven by is that the solution to the problem requires that the players behave in a manner counter to their intuition ... this is why how to play under those circumstances has to be coached and reinforced and coached and reinforced and coached repeatedly. However, once the game begins, the coach sometimes ends up having to appeal to his players to move up. There is a huge mental barrier for the coach to surmount ... AND, unlike in practice, he can't stop the proceedings and fix the issue. Happens at all levels of the game.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 09:02:16 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2015, 09:37:21 AM »
Are we allowed to bring any instruments into the stadium?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2015, 09:46:18 AM »
Moving forward I hope we improve on defense. I have no doubt we have the adequate firepower to score goals but we must improve defensively

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2015, 10:21:47 AM »
Are we allowed to bring any instruments into the stadium?

I can't see why you wouldn't.  Wha yuh bringin?

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2015, 10:40:02 AM »
Is Abu Bakr- Boucaud and Cyrus back in the line up for Panama. Or will he stick with Mitchell as Center Back. Folks what  do you think is our best starting eleven.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2015, 10:42:58 AM »
Is Abu Bakr- Boucaud and Cyrus back in the line up for Panama. Or will he stick with Mitchell as Center Back. Folks what  do you think is our best starting eleven.

Mitchell not in the squad

My best available starting XI is

Phillip
David
Bateau
Abu Bakr
Cyrus
Joevin Jones
Hyland
George
Cato
Cummings
Kenwyne Jones

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2015, 10:53:30 AM »
Good line-up Palos, I'm on the fence between Marshall and Abu Bakr. Granted Bakr played excellent against Cuba I think Mitchell is a bit more consistent in the position but it's a good problem for Hart to have in terms of selection.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 12:49:12 PM by soccerman »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2015, 11:56:26 AM »
Palos. Borse line up. Sweet thing for T&T is that even BORSE players like Guerra, Marshall, Peltier, Plaza cyah even make the starting eleven!
What a lovely kinda headache for BraveHart. Go T&T!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 11:57:58 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2015, 12:25:07 PM »

Phillip
David
Bateau
Abu Bakr
Cyrus
Joevin Jones
Hyland
George
Cato
Cummings
Kenwyne Jones

Nice side but I might put Boucaud next to Bateau and Peltier insetad of George.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2015, 12:25:35 PM »
Good line-up Palos, I'm on the fence between Mitchell and Abu Bakr. Granted Bakr played excellent against Cuba I think Mitchell is a bit more consistent in the position but it's a good problem for Hart to have in terms of selection.

I think you mean Marshall.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2015, 12:48:50 PM »
Good line-up Palos, I'm on the fence between Mitchell and Abu Bakr. Granted Bakr played excellent against Cuba I think Mitchell is a bit more consistent in the position but it's a good problem for Hart to have in terms of selection.

I think you mean Marshall.

Typo, my bad :banginghead:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2015, 12:51:46 PM »

Phillip
David
Bateau
Abu Bakr
Cyrus
Joevin Jones
Hyland
George
Cato
Cummings
Kenwyne Jones

I would bring Cato off the bench and play Guerra, we need to hold more possession this game and guerra can do that better than most.. imo..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2015, 01:06:55 PM »
or this team imho...

Phillip
David
Bateau
Abu Bakr
Cyrus
Jones
Guerra
Boucard
Cato
Cummings
K.Jones

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2015, 02:49:42 PM »
or this team imho...

Phillip
David
Bateau
Abu Bakr
Cyrus
Jones
Guerra
Boucard
Cato
Cummings
K.Jones

now why in the world would you bench kevan george when he started in all three games and did very well as opposed to hyland and boucard who are basically the same type of player? as for attulla guerra this bloke has lost his place on sunday to keron cummings. cummings had a better possession game, is more composed and makes better decisions who happened to have scored two goals and assisted in one while guerra had no assist continues to fall down on the pitch like he has weak knees and shows signs of losing a step or two.

i would rest cato and start peltier who has fresher legs. i don't believe in changing a winning formula and cato and guerra should be super subs when we need a bright spark in the midfield.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 02:51:27 PM by pull stones »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2015, 03:05:16 PM »
or this team imho...

Phillip
David
Bateau
Abu Bakr
Cyrus
Jones
Guerra
Boucard
Cato
Cummings
K.Jones

now why in the world would you bench kevan george when he started in all three games and did very well as opposed to hyland and boucard who are basically the same type of player? as for attulla guerra this bloke has lost his place on sunday to keron cummings. cummings had a better possession game, is more composed and makes better decisions who happened to have scored two goals and assisted in one while guerra had no assist continues to fall down on the pitch like he has weak knees and shows signs of losing a step or two.

i would rest cato and start peltier who has fresher legs. i don't believe in changing a winning formula and cato and guerra should be super subs when we need a bright spark in the midfield.

You make a good point about George... But not about Guerra... If you want a more effective mid, you put George next to Guerra and replace Cato with Boucard... Cato could play as a sub... Hart need to rest players as well...

You're forgetting we need to hold possession more....
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 03:11:13 PM by Controversial »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2015, 05:30:28 PM »
Good news for local fans, The TTFA has gotten CNMG broadcast the rest of the Gold Cup for a discounted price.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2015, 05:34:16 PM »
Team unity is Warriors' main strength at Gold Cup.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Trinidad and Tobago’s senior footballers will touch the playing surface at the MetLife Stadium in New Jersey for the first time on Saturday evening when they undergo the official pre-match training session ahead of Sunday’s all-important CONCACAF quarter final clash with Panama.

Head Coach Stephen Hart and his men did manage a full session in New Jersey on Friday morning at the state of the art training facility of NFL club New York Jets.

The team will train twice on Saturday, one in the morning at the Jets training centre  and then in the evening at the MetLife which has a capacity of close to 82,000.

The team is brimming with confidence but will not let complacency get in the way of their semi-final ambitions as they seek to overcome the Panamanians, runners up in the 2013 Gold Cup when the lost to the United States.

“Staying focus and ensuring we don’t get carried away is what these next couple days are about and of course preparing in relation to Sunday’s match,” Hart told TTFA Media.

“I think the past is the past now. We achieved a very good result and I was very pleased with the way the team handled the group stage, in particular the game against Mexico but now we have to remember that we are yet to achieve anything. We said before this competition started that our ambition was to get out of the first round and go a step further. Now we need to achieve that and it means keeping our feet on the ground and taking care of business on Sunday,” Hart added.

One of the workhorses in the T&T team is midfielder Kevan George who has forced himself into being a starter and has been a piece of steel in the middle of the park for the “Soca Warriors”.

“He’s been very, very good for us. He’s given us a lot in the three matches and I think his efforts speaks for the rest of the team. We’ve had some very strong and committed performances and this is good for us going forward, especially looking down the road to a rigorous World Cup campaign,” Hart said.

George, who plays for American MLS club Columbus Crew, said he stepped up his preparations coming into the tournament and he believes team unity is the main strength of the current squad.

“The mood is high and everyone is looking forward to the game especially coming off the performance against Mexico. We are very motivated to go on in this tournament.

“I just came in fit, and ready to contribute to the team. I had no major discussions with the coach. I just wanted to compete and see if I could win a starting spot. I’ve started the past three games and I am thankful for that. I am just there to do all the dirty work and help the team progress,” George told TTFA Media on Friday.

“I think the main thing for me is with all the guys, you feel like it’s a family. You don’t get that at the club level or anywhere else so that helps me a lot. From coach Hart, again we haven’t talked about it but I can tell he believes in me and he wants me to do well. It’s rare to find coaches that wants to look out in the best interest of the players over a period of time.”

He believes the key to T&T being able to continue its unbeaten run will be maintaining a strong work ethic and staying together.

“Just stay hungry, stick to the basics. Stick to what we are good at like we’ve been doing in the past three games and just don’t take anything for granted. Panama will come out hungry  and I am sure they will think they can beat us.

“Since in Fort Lauderdale, I think the main thing has been team unity. We don’t have much going for us so  we have had to go out and get it for ourselves and hopefully everyone else will hop on the bandwagon. All the players are good, all of them can play but I think our unity fuels our heart to go out and play and get the performances,” George added.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2015, 05:42:21 PM »
TTFA teams up with CNMG to broadcast remaining Gold Cup matches.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Following the thrilling 4-4 tie with CONCACAF powerhouse, Mexico, which led to the Trinidad and Tobago Senior Men’s Team winning Group C in the CONCACAF Gold Cup, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association successfully brokered a deal between free to air station, CNMG, and CONCACAF to have the remaining Gold Cup matches broadcast live in Trinidad and Tobago; beginning with the quarterfinal match between the Soca Warriors and Panama on Sunday July 19th at 4:30 pm at Met Life Stadium in New Jersey.

According the TTFA President, Raymond Tim Kee, “We are extremely pleased to play a role in facilitating this arrangement between our regional governing body and CNMG. Football will bring this country together and the TTFA will continue to make efforts for the people of Trinidad and Tobago to watch our national teams in action.”

T&T progressed unbeaten in its three Group C Matches but local fans had to depend on Fox Soccer 2 on Cable or via live internet streams to follow the action but will now have the luxury of viewing the game via the local station following the TTFA’s dialogue which led to an agreement with CONCACAF.

Trinidad and Tobago has qualified for the Quarter-finals for the third time since the inaugural competition in 1991; the last two appearances under Stephen Hart.

About the Gold Cup

The CONCACAF Gold Cup is the confederation’s premier event for national teams, crowning a champion every two years. Initially involving eight teams, the Gold Cup has developed into a competition of 12 nations, which qualify from each of CONCACAF’s three sub-regions: North America (three automatic entrants), Central America (Central American Cup) and the Caribbean (Caribbean Cup). It has reached exceptional levels of popularity, routinely drawing capacity crowds and millions of TV viewers throughout the world. The Gold Cup has been contested on 12 previous occasions.

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2015, 10:03:27 PM »
Nice to see we finally get local coverage  :beermug: :beermug: Big Day come Sunday go warriors!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2015, 10:18:06 PM »
CNMG broadcast after the fact. Hope they doh blight we.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2015, 10:23:58 PM »
so they don't 'trust the system' and revert to their skill

If Hart had the time and the friendlies before the Gold cup like Mex and USA, these guys would have played the system the coach plan for them. 3 more stiff friendlies before this GC, and I think we would have been playing more possession ball.  Unfortunately the GC is like "practice/friendlies" for the WC qualifiers and the Copa America. I want us to play in the COpa America real bad.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2015, 04:18:41 AM »
what time is the game and what game are we playing, is it game one or two of the double header?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2015, 06:02:49 AM »
what time is the game and what game are we playing, is it game one or two of the double header?

Game 1 @ 4:30.

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2015, 07:52:16 AM »
Anybody know what color we playing in tomorrow? I need to know what color juzzy to wear tomorrow at the stadium... ;D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trinidad and Tobago vs Panama: Styles set to clash in New Jersey
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2015, 09:05:47 AM »
Trinidad and Tobago vs Panama: Styles set to clash in New Jersey
By Luke Sheehan (goal.com)

Stephen Hart is eyeing the CONCACAF Gold Cup semifinals, while opposite number Hernan Dario Gomez is all about preserving Panama's style.

Trinidad and Tobago coach Stephen Hart has readjusted his team's goals after its impressive run at the CONCACAF Gold Cup.

Hart's men were unbeaten in Group C, finishing top of the standings after their thrilling 4-4 draw with Mexico – setting up a quarterfinal against Panama in New Jersey on Sunday.

The Trinidadians scored nine times via seven different avenues, including multiples from defender Sheldon Bateau and Keron Cummings, while Kenwyne Jones (one goal) has also been influential as the team's number nine

Immediately after his team's group finale, Hart said T&T had completed its goal of reaching the quarterfinals – but prior to the knockout clash, he had different plans.

"Staying [in] focus and ensuring we don't get carried away is what these next couple days are about and of course preparing in relation to Sunday's match," Hart told Trinidad and Tobago's Football Federation Media.

"I think the past is the past now. We achieved a very good result and I was very pleased with the way the team handled the group stage, in particular the game against Mexico but now we have to remember that we are yet to achieve anything.

"We said before this competition started that our ambition was to get out of the first round and go a step further. Now we need to achieve that and it means keeping our feet on the ground and taking care of business on Sunday."

Joevin Jones has been another revelation for Hart. The left wing back starred in the team's opening win against Guatemala with a goal – and also put in the corner for Yohance Marshall's equalizer against the Mexicans despite a flurry of water bottles being thrown at him by rival fans.

Panama escaped Group A despite failing to win, but had more than promising results.

The Central Americans coughed up late leads against both Haiti and Honduras, before leading again against USA and eventually settling for a third straight 1-1 stalemate.

Coach Hernan Dario Gomez said Panama will not change its style against the attacking force of Trinidad and Tobago.

"Here the most important thing about this is that Panama maintains its style, it is composed, that we do not betray our style and that playing good football produces results as it has until now," he said in an interview with Panama's football federation FEPAFUT.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2015, 12:32:24 PM »
TTFA teams up with CNMG to broadcast remaining Gold Cup matches.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Following the thrilling 4-4 tie with CONCACAF powerhouse, Mexico, which led to the Trinidad and Tobago Senior Men’s Team winning Group C in the CONCACAF Gold Cup, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association successfully brokered a deal between free to air station, CNMG, and CONCACAF to have the remaining Gold Cup matches broadcast live in Trinidad and Tobago; beginning with the quarterfinal match between the Soca Warriors and Panama on Sunday July 19th at 4:30 pm at Met Life Stadium in New Jersey.

According the TTFA President, Raymond Tim Kee, “We are extremely pleased to play a role in facilitating this arrangement between our regional governing body and CNMG. Football will bring this country together and the TTFA will continue to make efforts for the people of Trinidad and Tobago to watch our national teams in action.”

T&T progressed unbeaten in its three Group C Matches but local fans had to depend on Fox Soccer 2 on Cable or via live internet streams to follow the action but will now have the luxury of viewing the game via the local station following the TTFA’s dialogue which led to an agreement with CONCACAF.

Trinidad and Tobago has qualified for the Quarter-finals for the third time since the inaugural competition in 1991; the last two appearances under Stephen Hart.

About the Gold Cup

The CONCACAF Gold Cup is the confederation’s premier event for national teams, crowning a champion every two years. Initially involving eight teams, the Gold Cup has developed into a competition of 12 nations, which qualify from each of CONCACAF’s three sub-regions: North America (three automatic entrants), Central America (Central American Cup) and the Caribbean (Caribbean Cup). It has reached exceptional levels of popularity, routinely drawing capacity crowds and millions of TV viewers throughout the world. The Gold Cup has been contested on 12 previous occasions.

Now, here's the thing. Unless something drastic has taken place, Ministry of Sport paid towards the rights to be purchased. I have no doubt that TTFA were instrumental in convincing CONCACAF to drop the price from US$40,000, but TTFA didn't pay a $ yet they give no kudos to Minister Sancho for securing the funds. Every one says they're sick of the infighting between Tim-Kee and Sancho, yet Tim-Kee still being dishonest and disrespectful to Sancho!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 12:48:16 PM by Football supporter »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2015, 12:48:20 PM »
Anybody know what color we playing in tomorrow? I need to know what color juzzy to wear tomorrow at the stadium... ;D

Good question.  I believe it is decided at the match coordination meeting, which should be today.  Maybe Fuentes or someone who is in touch with the players can find out for you.

Look mls soccer have a match preview

http://www.mlssoccer.com/goldcup/2015/news/article/2015/07/17/trinidad-and-tobago-vs-panama-gold-cup-match-preview
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 12:51:16 PM by Peong »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2015, 03:14:33 PM »
CONCACAF GOLD CUP PREVIEW: Trinidad and Tobago vs Panama
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Gu_S95VWKm8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Gu_S95VWKm8</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>