March 29, 2024, 01:53:34 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (19-Jul-2015)  (Read 44621 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (19-Jul-2015)
« Reply #240 on: July 19, 2015, 05:41:45 PM »
we won the toss and choose to go second. I always go first because if we score it puts the pressure on the other team. Secondly in the team line up apparently there was no consideration taken for sudden death and when Kenwyn and they try to change Cyrus the ref said no. They wanted Boucaud to go. 

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #241 on: July 19, 2015, 05:42:48 PM »
Cyrus taking a crucial penalty. Lawd fadda. He not the most composed fella on the field. We had a chance to put away this game in the first half. We had a chance to take it in penalties too but they have the better GK.

Don't know why Boucard didn't take that penalty... Absolute rubbish...

I not congratulating anyone because they let themselves down and the supporters with that display..

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 19, 2015, 05:42:58 PM »
Cyrus with he cramp leg should have never taken that one

Strongly agree! But hindsight is 20/20. We had a good run and now the TTFA needs to get their act together and get this team quality games.  Hopefully, with this display teams will be calling for games. On to the World Cup Qualifiers.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #243 on: July 19, 2015, 05:43:25 PM »
The better team won. We're still a couple midfielders and a defender away. But this team really fought, and for once they defended admirably when they needed to.

I agree. And we didn't deserve to win.

But we have momentum, let's hope the TTFA and the MOS can resolve their issues.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #244 on: July 19, 2015, 05:43:49 PM »
we won the toss and choose to go second. I always go first because if we score it puts the pressure on the other team. Secondly in the team line up apparently there was no consideration taken for sudden death and when Kenwyn and they try to change Cyrus the ref said no. They wanted Boucaud to go. 

Jeez

Thanks for pointing that out but to be honest Cyrus should have put that away..

I'm not happy with the performance or a fact we missed crucial kicks..

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 19, 2015, 05:45:11 PM »

Cyrus taking a crucial penalty. Lawd fadda. He not the most composed fella on the field. We had a chance to put away this game in the first half. We had a chance to take it in penalties too but they have the better GK.

I not congratulating anyone because they let themselves down and the supporters with that display..
some ah alyuh need to chill d cry baby behavior d fellas did better than many had hoped
I pity the fool....

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 19, 2015, 05:45:37 PM »
Two things I am so proud of my country and the warriors but 1 Panama played a very physical game and took these guys to the woodshed. 2 Penalties are anybodies game and they need to work on penalty kicks. All in All these boys played their hearts out. I say put Abu on a program to clear balls properly   

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 19, 2015, 05:46:40 PM »
Two things I am so proud of my country and the warriors but 1 Panama played a very physical game and took these guys to the woodshed. 2 Penalties are anybodies game and they need to work on penalty kicks. All in All these boys played their hearts out. I say put Abu on a program to clear balls properly   

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
I pity the fool....

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #248 on: July 19, 2015, 05:46:50 PM »

some ah alyuh need to chill d cry baby behavior d fellas did better than many had hoped

Don't rope me in in your mediocrity fella

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 19, 2015, 05:49:50 PM »
I had a feeling there would be an emotional and physical let down after the Mexico game. These are all important learning experiences.  Handling success is just as much of a learning experience as handling adversity.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 19, 2015, 05:50:39 PM »

Don't rope me in in your mediocrity fella

yuh what forget it steups
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 05:52:24 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 19, 2015, 05:51:58 PM »
the main thing this tournament did is make our squad deeper because we have quite a few men missing

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 19, 2015, 05:52:52 PM »
I had a feeling there would be an emotional and physical let down after the Mexico game. These are all important learning experiences.  Handling success is just as much of a learning experience as handling adversity.

Spot on!
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 19, 2015, 05:53:33 PM »
I was disappointed with the lack of attempts to possess the ball. Long ball clearances, goal kicks etc. That is the losing TnT of old. They looked tired and we did not win one long goal kick. Very few long balls from the right and left back were won. This approach had us chasing the game. We strung together some passes in previous game.

They stuck to it today  but the game plan and execution was not the best.

Any back pass to the keeper was an automatic turnover.  We need to do some work in the keeping department.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 05:55:35 PM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 19, 2015, 05:57:18 PM »
Cannot believe Boucaud did not take the penalty to win it... Very very gutted with the decision making in that shoot out, we only have ourselves to blame.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #255 on: July 19, 2015, 06:03:00 PM »
Many ways to look at this tournament from a positive side or a negative side but as far as things go this rounds T&T only made it to the quarterfinals. Next up WC qualifiers. 
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 19, 2015, 06:04:00 PM »
One area we improved where it was desperate to do so, as it was one of our biggest weaknesses was:
defending on the wings in twos to cover the overlapping winger run. I was very happy with that. We're heading in the right direction and that sick feeling in your stomach that you can feel after a loss, I actually do not have. Psychological help for Peltier please as he will be suffering from PTSD
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 19, 2015, 06:04:25 PM »
" The Dream Is Over "..TnT out Gold Cup after penalty shoot out.
TnT 1 ( K Jones..vz Panama 1 ... 5-6 PEN).
Very proud of the staff and squad...you played 4 matches unbeaten...and forged your new Identity and won many new fans.
Next up is World Cup Qualifiers in November.. there are 4 FIFA dates available for friendly matches to prepare for November...please please lets utilize these 4 dates.
So..A New Dream Begins...TNT..Forever.
I have a next bone to pick with that "online stream" Local TV used to show the match...we will talk that soon.
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 19, 2015, 06:07:51 PM »
We have to play Haiti for a spot in the next Copa America. Hart should be working on both WC and Copa America.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 19, 2015, 06:08:21 PM »
Cannot believe Boucaud did not take the penalty to win it... Very very gutted with the decision making in that shoot out, we only have ourselves to blame.

they tried but the referee didn't allow it because Cyrus name was next on the sheet. It is not whoever,its whose listed next.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 19, 2015, 06:11:09 PM »
Good run. Hard luck in the end.

On a brighter note, did we qualify for Copa Americano Centenario?  I read somewhere that the top ranked teams in the Quarter finals might make it. Then I read that there is a playoff. Not the best source,  but according to wiki we qualified for 2016 Copa.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_Am%C3%A9rica_Centenario

If this is accurate.  Then great. I don't think another playoff would have made sense.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 19, 2015, 06:13:21 PM »
Mexico vs Costa Rica showing on local TV stream, game started less than 10 minutes ago: http://www.ctntworld.com/stream.html
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 19, 2015, 06:14:25 PM »
We must not pretend everything is A ok and the T&T Sports media must not sugar coat the issue and hail this team as the best thing since slice bread.

When it mattered the most we did not even play our best football and this has been the norm in T&T football over the years. The older heads in here have been conditioned to just accept this as 'dais just the way it is'. Why? Is it because we are a small nation with a small population?

Are we serious about our football or not? Our defense has been poor. Is it because we don't have the quality defenders or is it experience or the local leagues not developing the talent?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 06:19:06 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 19, 2015, 06:17:24 PM »
I think there still will be a

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_América_Centenario_qualifying_play-offs

This will actually be a positive though because it means we will be using the September Fifa date for the Mexico game, and October for the playoff game. There are no WC qualifying games in Concacaf in October so I'm assuming it will be then.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 19, 2015, 06:18:10 PM »
and the Panama goal was so damn soft, the Communication at the back was lacking  :cursing:

Is like we were still celebrating the Mexico draw and forgot the importance of the game. When will be our time to get over the mental lapse and evolve as one of the better teams in Concacaf? WC qualifiers will be MORE difficult so what will happen then? smh

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 19, 2015, 06:19:51 PM »

We must not pretend everything is A ok and the T&T Sports media must not sugar coat the issue and hail this team as the best thing since slice bread.

When it mattered he most we did not even play our best football and this has been the norm in T&T football over the years. The older heads in here have been conditioned to just accept this as 'dais just the day it is'

Are we serious about our football or not? Our defense has been poor. Is it because we don't have the quality defenders or is it experience or the local leagues not developing the talent?

We did not play a practice game all year till the Jordon game which we lost.

This is what happens when your team don't get enough quality preparation matches on the allotted FIFA dates.

Untill we start doing that we are not serious enough about our football to go all the way and win these tournaments.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 06:21:56 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 19, 2015, 06:21:03 PM »
I believe the tactics adopted by TT at the start of game was correct, sit back and allow Panama to do the early running, then look to pounce on the counter.  Problem is your defenders had a lapse on the Panama goal, which meant you had to change strategy prior to first half. 

Fatigue set in as the game went on for both teams, but Panama looked to have slight edge in fitness.

Was not surprised when Panama surrendered the lead, its a feature of their game during the group stages.

I expect all remaining games in the tournament will be tight affairs.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 19, 2015, 06:21:17 PM »
I think there still will be a playoff.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_América_Centenario_qualifying_play-offs

This will actually be a positive though because it means we will be using the September Fifa date for the Mexico game, and October for the playoff game. There are no WC qualifying games in Concacaf in October so I'm assuming it will be then.

That's the problem with wiki. The article I found says we qualified. I guess we will have to wait for Concacaf to set playoff dates.  Of course there is bias in my opinion.. But I think taking the top ranked teams in the Gold cup makes more sense. Sucks for Haiti if Concacaf decides to go with that.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 19, 2015, 06:21:34 PM »
Considering Perez missed that sitter, we were lucky to be in a position to win after 120 minutes of football.  Proud of the grit and heart they show today and may it continue.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 19, 2015, 06:23:47 PM »
Considering Perez missed that sitter, we were lucky to be in a position to win after 120 minutes of football.  Proud of the grit and heart they show today and may it continue.

You see this right here. Ok we proud of the grit and heart. Are you proud of the defensive display T&T showed today? Are you proud of the long ball tactics one too many throughout the game? Are you proud with the lack of possession late in the game and overtime?  We just can't sit back and accept this as the best we can do

1]; } ?>