March 28, 2024, 01:58:43 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (19-Jul-2015)  (Read 44585 times)

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (19-Jul-2015)
« Reply #300 on: July 20, 2015, 06:01:01 AM »
We went into d game like if we were playin d "big 3" in concacaf...when playin Mexico....d US or CR who are all better teams than us yes we have to play a defensive type game cus dey dat good but not against panama! Panama don't warrant dat typa respect....dey won today cuz we facilitated their play with our neglect to play dem open.

With all due respect, had you played an open game vs Panama as you did vs Mexico its likely that you would have conceded heavily(just like you did vs Mexico). In a quarterfinal game, the preferred approach is to be compact in midfield/defense and see how your opponents react.  The Mexico game somewhat was a special case, Mexico obviously threw everything at you in a game that had very little consequence to both teams, as both of you were already thru to the next round.  They got two goals early and continued hunting for more, leaving their defense exposed for your strikers room to gun them down.  Those tactics are OK for a game that has no great consequence on proceedings, but no coach worth his salt will employ such tactics in a quarterfinal or semifinal game against respectable opponents. Hart took the right approach vs Panama... notice also Mexico employed totally different tactics in the late game last night.

Cuba has been poor all tournament, conceding 14 goals in 3 games... and though Guatemala conceded far less, apparently they are not too far ahead of Cuba given that Cuba beat them.

But to say Panama is a poor team is wide of the mark, in CONCACAF, they are a pretty decent team, and has had great success at the last three gold cups.  I have a strong feeling Jamaica will be facing them for the third place game. On Saturday.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 06:18:00 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 20, 2015, 07:08:12 AM »
I wonder how many people complaining played a draining game and then turn round and play an opponent who had a few more days rest in 96° weather? To start the tournament, preparation was highly inadequate. Injuries to Power, Mitchell, Hector and Molino not helpful whatsoever. Hoytes missing. Today we playing with a second string GK. Losing on penalties was no shame. Yeah it hurts but get real. Oh we need to spend more time on penalties. When? Dis is T&T yuh know. We doh practice, de Technical Staff too small, we lack modern technology, we doh pay nobody, the Association dead, the Sponsors hiding....need I go on? This team overachieved. And we going back to the same set up now. SH playing All Fours without any Trump Cards. We have battle tested the squad. Now time to decide who staying and who going. The Team made strides. Keep your eyes on the big prize...WC Qualification. Well done team. Keep improving.
I am amazed at how people quick to criticise an underprepared team. So where is the Silver Lining? Not Williams, George, Cato, Cummings, a re-surgent KJ and so on and so on. Goal Scoring, Winning the Group, showing everyone dat we relevant again...throw in yuh two cents. Man barking at the team but somehow the TTFA and  the Ministry of Sport doh get no buff like somehow dey disconnected from our National Team Results. Yuh remember JW used to quote To whom much is given, much is expected. So the opposite doesn't hold any water? Little was given but the boys went further than expected. Time to reflect and take inventory.

I was coming to write my thoughts on d way some gettin on here, even wrote a post full of colour language for contro because he in particular irk meh with d lack of appreciation for players efforts den ah remove it, quite frankly dat retard eh worth me breakin stride with d anger mgt exercise ah puttin mihself through, d team do better then expected and man cyah put asside dey selfish nature for one minute to realise that much was done with little bit.................we cannot be serious with dat nonsense......den tryin to palm dat selfish unreasonable bitchin off as high standards, when all it really showin up is how callously ungrateful trinis could be.......I disappointed and hurt too but not enough to separate fantasy from reality in d most gratuitously unappreciative way I have seen here

dat attitude not good...not good at all
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 07:10:55 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 20, 2015, 07:28:14 AM »
Like I said last week some of these posters is de biggest setta assholes to be found anywhere. Some ah allyuh should shame to call allyuh selves supporters.  Especially when plenty doh evend attempt to be objective nor encouraging to our players.

Say whatever de ass allyuh want I am proud of the fight my team displayed.

Big up all the forumites I saw at the game. Tenorsaw, Bakes, FF, etc.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #303 on: July 20, 2015, 07:30:12 AM »
Pros and Cons.

Pros: TT scored 10 goals in four games vs top Concacaf opposition. Four of those were in one half against giants Mexico. When was the last time anyone did that to Mex.

We are scoring goals off corners and FKs. Look at our qualifiers in 2005 and 2009. How many goals were scored this way.

Although we have improvements to make we seem to have some depth in defence. Bateau, Hyland, Boucaud, Cyrus, JJ all contribute in this area. Hoyte is also available.

The team had a terrible prep prior to this tournament; not just for games which affected selection but the issue of certain individuals not being paid for months. Yet, they shocked us all by handling their business against stiff opposition.

Cons:

We are playing less spectacular but more effective football. However, we need to fire in all cylinders. We don't seem to have  midfield maestro. Someone to distribute and terrorize the opposition. Perhaps I got spoilt in the 90s with our abundance of talent in this area.

KJ can be ponderous and ineffective at times. We need two or three ppl around him, with speed, flair or both. Cyrus and JJ are there but perhaps someone in the midfield and alongside KJ. For now Hector, Peliter and Cato offer some respite in this area. I think Britto and others need a look see, eg. Glen, Winchester, etc. But we need someone to bamboozle the defenders and draw fouls.

What does George actually do? I refrained in the past becz no one else seemed to bring it up and I heard Press reports praising his def. ability. But I was chatting with friends online today and they noticed the same thing I did that he seemed to be invisible. When he hit the slide tackle and got the yellow, I joked that he finally in the game. And my padnah stated "that is what you do when you not in the game and you get frustrated." Hyland may have los his flair but I see his value to the team.

The team was tired and played pitifully in the first half of overtime. The Coach backed his men saying they were exhausted due to the schedule. But didn't Bouaud, Guerra and Peltier come on in the second half. When we got the ball we ddn't even try a long pass and counter. There was no one on the halfline waiting. In addition the subs didn't play in all three games prior and with he first half off, what got them so tired?

I realized from our lack of effort we didn't deserve to win so I am not heart brokn. Kudos to Phillip for doing a good job.

We have momentum. Many countries have had a good GC to poop down the place during the WC qualifiers. I pray that the MOS and the TTFA can resolve their differences. I believe we have some young gems yet to be truly seen by the public.

VB

I asked about George but people got emotional... We should have started with the line I suggested.... We would have had better possession from the get go... Anyways I done talking.. Somehow people feel we could just throw away a game and they have 101 excuses why it's okay..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #304 on: July 20, 2015, 07:35:05 AM »
Like I said last week some of these posters is de biggest setta assholes to be found anywhere. Some ah allyuh should shame to call allyuh selves supporters.  Especially when plenty doh evend attempt to be objective nor encouraging to our players.

You saw an even bigger a$$£€>< last night than any one of us, so I don't know what the hell you going on about...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 07:40:36 AM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #305 on: July 20, 2015, 07:39:52 AM »
I wonder how many people complaining played a draining game and then turn round and play an opponent who had a few more days rest in 96° weather? To start the tournament, preparation was highly inadequate. Injuries to Power, Mitchell, Hector and Molino not helpful whatsoever. Hoytes missing. Today we playing with a second string GK. Losing on penalties was no shame. Yeah it hurts but get real. Oh we need to spend more time on penalties. When? Dis is T&T yuh know. We doh practice, de Technical Staff too small, we lack modern technology, we doh pay nobody, the Association dead, the Sponsors hiding....need I go on? This team overachieved. And we going back to the same set up now. SH playing All Fours without any Trump Cards. We have battle tested the squad. Now time to decide who staying and who going. The Team made strides. Keep your eyes on the big prize...WC Qualification. Well done team. Keep improving.
I am amazed at how people quick to criticise an underprepared team. So where is the Silver Lining? Not Williams, George, Cato, Cummings, a re-surgent KJ and so on and so on. Goal Scoring, Winning the Group, showing everyone dat we relevant again...throw in yuh two cents. Man barking at the team but somehow the TTFA and  the Ministry of Sport doh get no buff like somehow dey disconnected from our National Team Results. Yuh remember JW used to quote To whom much is given, much is expected. So the opposite doesn't hold any water? Little was given but the boys went further than expected. Time to reflect and take inventory.

I was coming to write my thoughts on d way some gettin on here, even wrote a post full of colour language for contro because he in particular irk meh with d lack of appreciation for players efforts den ah remove it, quite frankly dat retard eh worth me breakin stride with d anger mgt exercise ah puttin mihself through, d team do better then expected and man cyah put asside dey selfish nature for one minute to realise that much was done with little bit.................we cannot be serious with dat nonsense......den tryin to palm dat selfish unreasonable bitchin off as high standards, when all it really showin up is how callously ungrateful trinis could be.......I disappointed and hurt too but not enough to separate fantasy from reality in d most gratuitously unappreciative way I have seen here

dat attitude not good...not good at all

The only idiot is the one who accepts failure when they had the potential to go further.... btw there is no fantasy fool, just 101 poor excuses from a fairweather fan who pretends to know about football...

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 20, 2015, 07:44:55 AM »

You saw an even bigger a$$£€>< last night than any one of us, so I don't know what the hell you going on about...

Stand up and be counted major generall asshole.  Sounds like a pot and kettle scenes with you stating that.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #307 on: July 20, 2015, 07:49:14 AM »

Stand up and be counted major generall asshole.  Sounds like a pot and kettle scenes with you stating that.

Nah breddah just pointing out when someone being a fake because they mentioning the biggest hypocrite of them all like if they are actually a true supporter... It makes me laugh, and you wonder  why  our nation is so corrupt..

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 20, 2015, 07:54:12 AM »
Not me and you with yuh shit nah.  Not today smh

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 20, 2015, 07:56:24 AM »
Good Gold cup by the Warriors. We performed above expectations.

This is a team that had the most adversity. Despite that, we still managed to have 7 different goal scorers, 2 wins a tie and a penalty shoot out which is almost as good as a tie.  Good showing by the team. This team will go far under Hart. I hope he stays.

Somethings to think about:

- We were missing 4 key players (most of the other teams were not missing as much key players as us)

- Our 2nd choice keeper kept us in the penalty shoot out by saving two penalties

- Not much games to prepare for the competition

- And of course the issues with the TTFA

Thanks for the ride Warriors. Next up is Haiti for a spot in CAC 2016.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #310 on: July 20, 2015, 07:58:53 AM »
Not me and you with yuh shit nah.  Not today smh

The truth offends boss... Doh hurt yuh head...

Offline Fensic

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 20, 2015, 08:27:04 AM »
To those who preferred facing Panama, how allyuh feeling now?

I stayed and watched the first half between Mexico and Costa Rica. If the Warriors that played Panama had played that Costa Rican side they would have been smoked.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 20, 2015, 08:36:26 AM »
We went into d game like if we were playin d "big 3" in concacaf...when playin Mexico....d US or CR who are all better teams than us yes we have to play a defensive type game cus dey dat good but not against panama! Panama don't warrant dat typa respect....dey won today cuz we facilitated their play with our neglect to play dem open.

With all due respect, had you played an open game vs Panama as you did vs Mexico its likely that you would have conceded heavily(just like you did vs Mexico). In a quarterfinal game, the preferred approach is to be compact in midfield/defense and see how your opponents react.  The Mexico game somewhat was a special case, Mexico obviously threw everything at you in a game that had very little consequence to both teams, as both of you were already thru to the next round.  They got two goals early and continued hunting for more, leaving their defense exposed for your strikers room to gun them down.  Those tactics are OK for a game that has no great consequence on proceedings, but no coach worth his salt will employ such tactics in a quarterfinal or semifinal game against respectable opponents. Hart took the right approach vs Panama... notice also Mexico employed totally different tactics in the late game last night.

Cuba has been poor all tournament, conceding 14 goals in 3 games... and though Guatemala conceded far less, apparently they are not too far ahead of Cuba given that Cuba beat them.

But to say Panama is a poor team is wide of the mark, in CONCACAF, they are a pretty decent team, and has had great success at the last three gold cups.  I have a strong feeling Jamaica will be facing them for the third place game. On Saturday.

Lol. Reggaefan might be the most unbiased perspective on this forum this time. That Mexico game was madness.
We showed we could score. That was great. Finishing and deliveries have been an Achilles heel in the past.

This game showed that we have a lot of work to do. If we cannot possess the ball against good opposition to relieve pressure then we are in real trouble. This game showed that if a team presses us high we turn over the ball. To avoid that we play the long ball. Our long balls are not clinical. Other keepers and defenders kick long balls that generally go to the desired player. Some of our long balls were nowhere near any of our players.

Fitness is always an issue. If we don't have the ball and chasing the game then lack of fitness will be further highlighted.

Kenwyne showed up big in this tournament. Lord forbid he gets injured for WC qualfiers. What then?
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 20, 2015, 08:36:29 AM »
To those who preferred facing Panama, how allyuh feeling now?

I stayed and watched the first half between Mexico and Costa Rica. If the Warriors that played Panama had played that Costa Rican side they would have been smoked.

Yeah Costa Rica is a problem.  That team would have skinned us alive especially given how exhausted some of our players seemed to be in that heat.  I felt bad for the players that missed penalties especially JJ as he had a tremendous tournament overall.  KJ seemed very much stranded and isolated up top and that was to Panama's liking and advantage.  People watching Panama's results thus far and underestimating them like somehow they not good.  Big mistake!

What should be noted is that T&T did not lose any matches in regulation during this tournament.  Indeed teams had chances against us but what they do with them is their business.  For a woefully underprepared team there is light at the end of the tunnel with this group.

I stayed whole game and that ref is ah dog to call dat penalty at that juncture.  I didn't have no watch on my hand but I sure stoppage time had already elapsed.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 20, 2015, 08:47:41 AM »
Good comment scorpion.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: July 20, 2015, 09:00:29 AM »
Game plan

Long ball to find Kenwyne

Sloppy defending

Sloppy defending

Another long ball

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 20, 2015, 09:46:06 AM »
Hands off my Warriors
Thanks for the ride,you accomplished quite a bit
The future is looking up,one bright day the stars will be aligned
In spite of the brutal conditions you left it all on the field

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #317 on: July 20, 2015, 10:13:44 AM »
The person I will tip my hat to is SH and KJ... Both of you gave your best... I will leave it at that...

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 20, 2015, 10:20:14 AM »
kenwin really surprised me. i actually felt bad for him especially when him phillips and ubu bakar was the only ones trying to win the game.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 20, 2015, 10:33:20 AM »
Like I said last week some of these posters is de biggest setta ------ to be found anywhere. Some ah allyuh should shame to call allyuh selves supporters.  Especially when plenty doh evend attempt to be objective nor encouraging to our players.

Big up all the forumites I saw at the game ....

Go easy wit' de lingo chief (doh want to overhurt peoples' feelings), but I agree with the intent of your post  :beermug:
Too much of a diet of criticism only, with only a glass 1/2 empty or even 100% empty lens, is toxic to everybody's mind
Especially the players coming from a country with a fragile psyche.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 20, 2015, 10:58:11 AM »
Like I said last week some of these posters is de biggest setta ------ to be found anywhere. Some ah allyuh should shame to call allyuh selves supporters.  Especially when plenty doh evend attempt to be objective nor encouraging to our players.

Big up all the forumites I saw at the game ....

Go easy wit' de lingo chief (doh want to overhurt peoples' feelings), but I agree with the intent of your post  :beermug:
Too much of a diet of criticism only, with only a glass 1/2 empty or even 100% empty lens, is toxic to everybody's mind
Especially the players coming from a country with a fragile psyche.

The most annoying thing for me is that many of these same people have bemoaned the lack of preparation for this team.  They know how inactive our team has been while the majority of Gold Cup participants were busy on FIFA dates and other tournaments.  Even if wildly optimistic none would have been assured that we would advance to the quarters let alone win the group (and to crown it score 4 in a half on Mexico).  Yet is the most negative criticisms you can find.  Our players surpassed our initial expectations and the teams performance has been recognized by many outside.  I can't tell how many fans of Ticos and El Tri alike shake my hand, gimmeh ah bounce or a pat on the back yesterday.  All expressing how well they felt our team did.  Imagine it had a Mexican behind me rooting hard for T&T because as he put it another match with T&T would be epic.  But we the ones who call ourselves the diehards cah see fit to recognize that (despite our lofty beliefs and expectations) given the lack of preparation our team overachieved on many fronts.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 20, 2015, 11:06:13 AM »
I woke up this morning and immediately realized that the loss wasn't a bad dream.

So Panama had two extra days of rest.  Yeah that makes a difference especially after we ran our socks off in our last group game.
A commentator said our starting team was average age 24. I think it was a little higher but it was a young team.
We have plenty to look forward to.

A nex observation: anybody notice how much faster Tejada was than our defenders?  Every time they play a through ball he had no problem reaching first.  That was a risky situation, we lucky we didn't concede because of it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:10:19 AM by Peong »

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 20, 2015, 11:13:25 AM »
I woke up this morning and immediately realized that the loss wasn't a bad dream.

So Panama had two extra days of rest.  Yeah that makes a difference especially after we ran our socks off in our last group game.
A commentator said our starting team was average age 24. I think it was a little higher but it was a young team.

A nex observation: anybody notice how much faster Tejada was than our defenders?  Every time they play a through ball he had no problem reaching first.  That was a risky situation, we lucky we didn't concede because of it.

None of that matters.  Our players need to be up for whatever is to come according to many here.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 20, 2015, 11:19:12 AM »
As a side note:  What is going on with our supporters' group?  We were basically MIA yesterday, unless I missed something.  Someone enlighten me; tell me I just couldn't find them.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 20, 2015, 11:49:14 AM »
Is it me,after JJ made the second run up the left side beating three Panaman,how many runs he made after....0
It was brutal out they
I would like my Warriors to do better,it did not come to pass,its time to regroup retool and stay positive,much football to be played
We made some progress and have a nice foundation upon which we can build
STOP with negatives and tearing down
Weeping may endure a night but joy comes in the mourning,let us take the good and try our best to improve where we have a need
Blessings to all my WARRIORS.Coach staff players. .....and all fans of the Warriors
Jah bless

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 20, 2015, 12:00:28 PM »
Is it me,after JJ made the second run up the left side beating three Panaman,how many runs he made after....0
It was brutal out they
I would like my Warriors to do better,it did not come to pass,its time to regroup retool and stay positive,much football to be played
Weeping may endure a night but joy comes in the mourning,let us take the good and try our best to improve where we have a need
Blessings to all my WARRIORS.Coach staff players. .....and all fans of the Warriors
Jah bless

I doh know what was going on with JJ yesterday but he wasn't making the runs he needed to at all.  I remember seeing KJ buff him at one point and motioning for him to overlap.  In fact on that one possession the ball was on the right and KJ was signaling to swing it left. Instead it came to him with 2 defenders right there to close him down.  When he got up off the ground he was barking at JJ to make the runs.  Most of the time JJ was near the half line and sucked into what would be a Left CM space.  Yesterday was a day when we really missed Nashy!  Guerra seems to have regressed and Cummings didn't have much impact.  KJ was by himself up top way too often having to try and win headers to flick on than getting playable balls with options to pass.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #326 on: July 20, 2015, 12:27:05 PM »
It was brutal out they
Jah bless

I doh know what was going on with JJ yesterday but he wasn't making the runs he needed to at all.  I remember seeing KJ buff him at one point and motioning for him to overlap.  In fact on that one possession the ball was on the right and KJ was signaling to swing it left. Instead it came to him with 2 defenders right there to close him down.  When he got up off the ground he was barking at JJ to make the runs.  Most of the time JJ was near the half line and sucked into what would be a Left CM space.  Yesterday was a day when we really missed Nashy!  Guerra seems to have regressed and Cummings didn't have much impact.  KJ was by himself up top way too often having to try and win headers to flick on than getting playable balls with options to pass.

So what do you attribute jj lack of performance to? Fitness, weather, combo?

Because all in all it was just bad football, them men relax and play garbage.. They leave KJ to hang out to dry...

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 20, 2015, 12:27:33 PM »
The most disappointing aspect of the Warriors' performance yesterday is that we did not win one corner in 120 minutes of football.

I know the fellas tried, but that was really disappointing.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 20, 2015, 12:30:19 PM »

Brother I agree.. I not making excuses for the team. Did they play a great game and lose? The answer is no. But a few short weeks ago, most people had a very low expectation for the team, they however exceeded these expectations and now people vex as they we should have walked over Panama...

Mad Scorps, sorry we did not bounce up yesterday.. what section were you in?
Also that was some serious heat.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #329 on: July 20, 2015, 12:32:53 PM »
I believe TT playing in New York was a bad idea.. Too many distractions as Hart said earlier..

We need to play in cities with no trini presence to be honest.. We play better..

Toronto, New York, Miami are all places that are not good for this team.. They lose focus too easily..

1]; } ?>