March 28, 2024, 05:10:21 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (19-Jul-2015)  (Read 44597 times)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (19-Jul-2015)
« Reply #330 on: July 20, 2015, 01:09:13 PM »
Is it me,after JJ made the second run up the left side beating three Panaman,how many runs he made after....0
It was brutal out they
I would like my Warriors to do better,it did not come to pass,its time to regroup retool and stay positive,much football to be played
We made some progress and have a nice foundation upon which we can build
STOP with negatives and tearing down
Weeping may endure a night but joy comes in the mourning,let us take the good and try our best to improve where we have a need
Blessings to all my WARRIORS.Coach staff players. .....and all fans of the Warriors
Jah bless

I doh know what was going on with JJ yesterday but he wasn't making the runs he needed to at all.  I remember seeing KJ buff him at one point and motioning for him to overlap.  In fact on that one possession the ball was on the right and KJ was signaling to swing it left. Instead it came to him with 2 defenders right there to close him down.  When he got up off the ground he was barking at JJ to make the runs.  Most of the time JJ was near the half line and sucked into what would be a Left CM space.  Yesterday was a day when we really missed Nashy!  Guerra seems to have regressed and Cummings didn't have much impact.  KJ was by himself up top way too often having to try and win headers to flick on than getting playable balls with options to pass.

So what do you attribute jj lack of performance to? Fitness, weather, combo?

Because all in all it was just bad football, them men relax and play garbage.. They leave KJ to hang out to dry...

If I have to pick something I would say a lack of focus on his offensive movement and responsibilities.  Mental fatigue maybe  He didn't look tired, not in the way Cyrus did so I doh know. It's almost as if he was scared to go forward and leave Mekeil Williams alone or something.  I found it a bit strange.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 20, 2015, 01:11:36 PM »
I woke up this morning and immediately realized that the loss wasn't a bad dream.

So Panama had two extra days of rest.  Yeah that makes a difference especially after we ran our socks off in our last group game.
A commentator said our starting team was average age 24. I think it was a little higher but it was a young team.
We have plenty to look forward to.

A nex observation: anybody notice how much faster Tejada was than our defenders?  Every time they play a through ball he had no problem reaching first.  That was a risky situation, we lucky we didn't concede because of it.

Brother I agree.. I not making excuses for the team. Did they play a great game and lose? The answer is no. But a few short weeks ago, most people had a very low expectation for the team, they however exceeded these expectations and now people vex as they we should have walked over Panama...

Mad Scorps, sorry we did not bounce up yesterday.. what section were you in?
Also that was some serious heat.

I was in 123. I link up Bakes and Tenorsaw halftime.  When I went back I move down to row 10. FF was about 3 or 4 rows in front of me.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 20, 2015, 01:39:29 PM »
I believe TT playing in New York was a bad idea.. Too many distractions as Hart said earlier..

We need to play in cities with no trini presence to be honest.. We play better..

Toronto, New York, Miami are all places that are not good for this team.. They lose focus too easily..

How about when they play at home in POS? You think they are distracted by all the Trinis that distract them? Interesting point of view.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 20, 2015, 01:41:45 PM »
I believe TT playing in New York was a bad idea.. Too many distractions as Hart said earlier..

We need to play in cities with no trini presence to be honest.. We play better..

Toronto, New York, Miami are all places that are not good for this team.. They lose focus too easily..

There was no choice in the matter. In Jordan there was no Trini presence. How did that work out?

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 20, 2015, 02:12:54 PM »

There was no choice in the matter. In Jordan there was no Trini presence. How did that work out?

Anywey Trinis go dey does lime and get distracted lol

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 20, 2015, 03:05:17 PM »
allyuh finally see, why after my 1st major local cup game, I never kick another penalty in meh life.   ;D  was the hardest thing for me in football..Big Big players miss when it count most..I was praying it get o there, at least we would have a chance..and we did..but penalty frig meh up again..ah want to go back to after 2 15 mins, we play sudden death..who drop lorse  :devil:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #336 on: July 20, 2015, 03:05:40 PM »
Me and FF.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 20, 2015, 03:11:46 PM »
This musbe after FF geh fed up ah den mehicanos an dem eh Flex :rotfl:

beats chair waiting for goalie kick BUUURRRRROOOOOOO!!!!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #338 on: July 20, 2015, 03:29:15 PM »
Is it me,after JJ made the second run up the left side beating three Panaman,how many runs he made after....0
It was brutal out they
I would like my Warriors to do better,it did not come to pass,its time to regroup retool and stay positive,much football to be played
We made some progress and have a nice foundation upon which we can build
STOP with negatives and tearing down
Weeping may endure a night but joy comes in the mourning,let us take the good and try our best to improve where we have a need
Blessings to all my WARRIORS.Coach staff players. .....and all fans of the Warriors
Jah bless

I doh know what was going on with JJ yesterday but he wasn't making the runs he needed to at all.  I remember seeing KJ buff him at one point and motioning for him to overlap.  In fact on that one possession the ball was on the right and KJ was signaling to swing it left. Instead it came to him with 2 defenders right there to close him down.  When he got up off the ground he was barking at JJ to make the runs.  Most of the time JJ was near the half line and sucked into what would be a Left CM space.  Yesterday was a day when we really missed Nashy!  Guerra seems to have regressed and Cummings didn't have much impact.  KJ was by himself up top way too often having to try and win headers to flick on than getting playable balls with options to pass.

So what do you attribute jj lack of performance to? Fitness, weather, combo?

Because all in all it was just bad football, them men relax and play garbage.. They leave KJ to hang out to dry...

If I have to pick something I would say a lack of focus on his offensive movement and responsibilities.  Mental fatigue maybe  He didn't look tired, not in the way Cyrus did so I doh know. It's almost as if he was scared to go forward and leave Mekeil Williams alone or something.  I found it a bit strange.

Excellent point, which I'm glad you brought up because it was one of the reasons as to why I'm so mad with the team... All of a sudden our team does a 180, why?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #339 on: July 20, 2015, 03:31:35 PM »
Me and FF.

Wow last time I see FF was Germany after he  thief my padnah storming story and show up with this bess German thing.. :D

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #340 on: July 20, 2015, 03:35:23 PM »

Was talking out loud dey seeker, should have clarified myself, I realized we had no choice in the matter but sometimes you think it's a good idea when it could be debilitating instead...

just my opinion of course but Hart alluded to the distractions..

You have a point but Jordan was the first time they played together in how long and the added flight time and problems with the ttfa.. In my opinion Jordan was different than now however I get your point of location..

maybe if it was Panama they would have taken it more seriously.. But there are always exceptions
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 03:47:28 PM by Controversial »

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 20, 2015, 03:36:35 PM »

Excellent point, which I'm glad you brought up because it was one of the reasons as to why I'm so mad with the team... All of a sudden our team does a 180, why?

I think some of them may have been emotionally spent and it took away their ability to read and react.  Panama did their homework so they doubled the speedsters on the flanks.  This left the middle for us, but because Panama played a high defensive press some of our players weren't seeing the spaces.  In the middle not enough seemed to be moving to get open.  I saw several passes through the middle that looked good right up until the moment a Panama player step in and say "ah go take dat"  To me the way we played is more a credit to Panama being absolutely ready for our players.  2 men on KJ, when ball goes wide double, press high.  To me Duff and Bateu had the ball way too much but then again they were the only ones that appeared to have space much of the time.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 20, 2015, 03:37:23 PM »
Tell me if I am incorrect,I saw the same from Cato,what I also saw we lost most possessions after any tackles from the Panaman,right there that fatigue had stepped in,just reality
Hart has always stressed fitness,a lack thereof was evident yesterday and the temp and high humidity did not help

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #343 on: July 20, 2015, 03:42:52 PM »

How about when they play at home in POS? You think they are distracted by all the Trinis that distract them? Interesting point of view.

Even worse... We get too comfortable at home, too much distractions , Hart talked about this... Too many limes, too much friends and family..

Too many things to do in your off time, instead of concentrate on football, it's a cultural problem and really affects the players when they play at home... That's why I prefer us to play away, better concentration in most cases... Not all but most imo
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 03:46:28 PM by Controversial »

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 20, 2015, 06:13:44 PM »
We went into d game like if we were playin d "big 3" in concacaf...when playin Mexico....d US or CR who are all better teams than us yes we have to play a defensive type game cus dey dat good but not against panama! Panama don't warrant dat typa respect....dey won today cuz we facilitated their play with our neglect to play dem open.

With all due respect, had you played an open game vs Panama as you did vs Mexico its likely that you would have conceded heavily(just like you did vs Mexico). In a quarterfinal game, the preferred approach is to be compact in midfield/defense and see how your opponents react.  The Mexico game somewhat was a special case, Mexico obviously threw everything at you in a game that had very little consequence to both teams, as both of you were already thru to the next round.  They got two goals early and continued hunting for more, leaving their defense exposed for your strikers room to gun them down.  Those tactics are OK for a game that has no great consequence on proceedings, but no coach worth his salt will employ such tactics in a quarterfinal or semifinal game against respectable opponents. Hart took the right approach vs Panama... notice also Mexico employed totally different tactics in the late game last night.

Cuba has been poor all tournament, conceding 14 goals in 3 games... and though Guatemala conceded far less, apparently they are not too far ahead of Cuba given that Cuba beat them.

But to say Panama is a poor team is wide of the mark, in CONCACAF, they are a pretty decent team, and has had great success at the last three gold cups.  I have a strong feeling Jamaica will be facing them for the third place game. On Saturday.

Don't get me wrong RF, I'm not discrediting panama efforts in concacaf fuh d past few years...im just judgin d team from last nights game....and dey were poor. No way had we played open dey would've score heavily a la Mexico....simply cuz dey don't have d personnel to do so a la Mexico. Dey had ample chances to score last night and their personnel was very impotent....look how dey had to score...from our poor defensive mistake....so no way dis team deserved d typa space and time on d ball as dey got....with dat being said dey looked ok cuz jus like any shithound...if yuh allowed the time and space to take yuh time and play eventually u have a better chance of havin things ur way.

Movin on indeed our game against Mexico both teams wanted a result to win d group...so yuh mistaken....it was ah important game fuh both teams....simply because Mexico prefer to play panama Dan CR and we d same....had we play CR...lets jus say d game woulda been over in the first have cuz allowing dem d same time and space dat panama got...I sure u would agree (cuz I kno u saw den against Mexico) that dey would've kill off d game early.

Now with regards to Mexico playin CR cautiously....dey would certainly do so cuz CR is a big team and yuh have to respect dem.....now do u think dey would've played panama with d same caution? I don't think so....simply because dey would've had less respect for dem....jus as dey do most times dey face us. 

On a final note u feel panama could come and play JA with dat same level? No way!

And ppl allyuh need to watch over d game...as a player yuh does kno when a player tired and cyar go but there isn't any excuse fuh d kinda display I saw last night....as a professional that's unacceptable. I saw 4 of our players in a bundle markin each other....i saw players actin like dey don't kno dey roles defensively....ball switching from one side to the next and everybody kno where the ball is goin to end up and players jus waitin for d pass to be made and den reactin...I saw a few of our players defending in a line infront a few panama players and nobody takin d responsibility to show a sense of awareness to pick up a man behind dem...boom air ball or tru pass and 4 men out d play jusso and we under pressure...nah! Men playin football too long tuh be doin dem nonsense. As a football player it simple...if yuh tired take yuh rest goal side of yuh opponent....dais elementary defending....nothing to do with bein tired...jus gotta dig deep and get it done....dais where d heart or d belly or d bad mind or warrior spirit or eye of d tiger or wuh ever yuh wanna call it kicks in! So men hatta take responsibility and win dey individual battles. Men was actin like dey absolutely loss too many times and dis is where an organizer on d field come into to play and the technical staff. So yes overall d effort was better when compared to d past but we have a lot of work to do ppl or else we'll be havin more heartache in d WC qualifiers..quit lookin fuh excuses...when Gio and co by Campbell and co by Dempsey and co sleepin we hatta be trainin.
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 21, 2015, 11:22:52 AM »

Damn.. I was in section 123, but I moved higher up as that heat was a beast... Next time..

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 21, 2015, 03:21:07 PM »
Bally and 100% Barataria aka Nachilus_tt

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 21, 2015, 04:02:22 PM »
just watching this pic reminds me of hot dastardly hot it was on sunday. i am really surprised they allowed those games to continue.

1]; } ?>