March 28, 2024, 02:49:46 AM

Author Topic: Keron Cummings Thread.  (Read 39808 times)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Keron Cummings got shot this morning.
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2015, 09:26:26 AM »
Real sad steupesss.
Would the cops find the person would they look in the right places .Did the gunman follow him back from the cruise or
Does he live in the area?
Does the girl have a secret admirer ?
Do any Haitians ex military  live in the vicinity ?
True crime is is stranger than fiction.

You serious? I dont think the Haitians will go that far.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2015, 09:32:25 AM »
Maybe am watching to much longmire lol .But someone did it maybe no a haitian but got to check all avenues , someone with a grudge in the vicinity .

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2015, 11:06:27 AM »
It would be a blessing for Cardiff to see this tragedy as a public relations opportunity and say to KJ "Jonesy go play for your nation".

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2015, 01:38:11 PM »
Get well soon to Keron Cummings.

Lets hope the unpatriotic cultprit who shot Keron in the leg is caught and gets some serious time so he can rethink his negative direction in life and wicked efforts to try to keep his own brother down.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 02:32:08 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2015, 02:03:46 PM »
It would be a blessing for Cardiff to see this tragedy as a public relations opportunity and say to KJ "Jonesy go play for your nation".
Wtf

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2015, 06:17:25 PM »
easy folks
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2015, 01:23:56 AM »
Some things are better left unsaid... Get well Keron... People have to realize, things are not all what it seems...

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2015, 05:17:33 AM »
Some things are better left unsaid... Get well Keron... People have to realize, things are not all what it seems...
That's so true,I feel like saying so much,so many theories could be acceptable,but as you say,"some things are better left unsaid".The good thing is,in times of adversity our team always seem to come good,lets hope this is the case.Wish him all the best and hope he still gets that contract,move out from an environment where,even your own don't appreciate your beauty.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2015, 08:22:55 AM »
Rising violence in CONCACAF a troubling sign for the region.
By Sean Maslin (backpagefootball).

Keron Cummings seemed to have it all going for him. After scoring two goals against Mexico in the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup, the Trinidad and Tobago international had just secured a trial with Orlando City SC in Major League Soccer.

Having just been called up for the Soca Warriors Copa Centenario playoff against Haiti it appeared that the 27-year-old had finally received his big break.

Alfredo Pacheco was on vacation with his family after having finished up his footballing career. Pacheco featured for El Salvador 86 times and was considered one of their top players before he was banned for life in 2013 for being implicated in a match fixing scandal.

Despite this, Pacheco continued to make a living as a footballer and lived a quiet normal life in the United States.

Although the two players likely never played against one another they will be inextricably linked due to both of them being shot on the same weekend. Pacheco, like Peralta, was killed in El Salvador on Sunday while Cummings will survive.

The attacks on Cummings and Pacheco, coupled with the death of Honduran international Arnold Peralta earlier in the month, cast a very dark light over the current stability in Latin America and the Caribbean and provide some clues as to the problems that footballers currently have in the region.

Sadly this subject is not something that is new to those who follow the game. Those of a certain age will remember the horror of hearing about the death of Colombian international Andres Escobar during the 1994 World Cup. Players have also died unexpectedly, such as former Venezuelan international Cristian Benitez.

So why do these three situations stick out so prominently? While obviously each case is still ongoing and much more information will likely come out in the days ahead, the similarities with regards to how each attack occurred and the proximity to one another are more than a coincidence.

In all three incidents the player was shot and that each of the three situations occurred in Central America or the Caribbean, two of the most violent and corrupt regions in the world.

It is not just footballers that are being targeted, but football is often a microcosm of society and these three instances provide a perfect opportunity to look at the culture of violence in the region. In this instance the murders of Pacheco and Peralta and the near death of Cummings point to how violent each of these countries are.

According to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime Honduras, El Salvador, and Trinidad and Tobago rank among the three highest countries in the world in terms of their homicide rate.

Honduras has the highest homicide rate in the entire world with 90.4 homicides per 100,000 people. El Salvador is fourth highest with 41.2 homicides per 100,000 people while Trinidad and Tobago is positioned at thirteenth with 41.2 homicides per 100,000 people.

This level of violence often points to instability in governance. That would certainly seem to be the case in both Honduras and El Salvador, countries which are rife with gangs, illicit drug trafficking, and government corruption.

In August it was revealed that the Honduras Social Security Institute had been allegedly fleeced by about $200 million from a former Director and various government officials. In El Salvador former President Francisco Flores is currently standing trial for allegedly embezzling $15 million in earthquake relief donations.

Meanwhile, Trinidad and Tobago might seem like a relatively stable country but remember this is the same country that allowed disgraced ex-FIFA Vice President Jack Warner to continue to serve in their government until he was voted out in September.

It should come as no surprise that this is not the first time that countries from this region have been tied to either violence or corruption. Anyone who has ever watched a match in Central America will notice barbed wire and riot police officers around the stadium.

Teams are often bussed into stadiums with armed guards. Medical personnel, when attending to injured players, often have to employ the turtle formation once used by Spartans to perform their duties.

CONCACAF has also been the center of the FIFA corruption case. Of the thirty -four officials who have thus far been indicted by the United States Department of Justice half have come from the CONCACAF region.

Those include Mr. Webb and his two sons, Daryan and Darrell, Alfredo Hawit (Honduras-President of CONCACAF and ex-FIFA Vice President) Rafael Callejas (former President of Honduras and former President of Honduran Soccer Federation,) and Reynaldo Vasquez (former President of El Salvador Soccer Federation).

When former Presidents and legislative members are being indicted on fraud and corruption it shows that the issues in each country are not limited to those that commit terrible acts of violence. The root cause is a lack of stability of which football can often contribute to.

So what can CONCACAF do about the violence and the crime within its federation? For starters, it can make sure that funds that are supposed to being used for social economic projects actually go where they are intended. Gangs and violence bloom in areas where there is a lack of opportunity for people to improve their well-being.

FIFA, and by extension CONCACAF, have shown that when they fund social economic projects such as building schools, teaching women’s empowerment, and alerting the public about health issues that they can do some good.

The problem is that many times these projects are often either underfunded or not funded at all.

In the long run the region must start electing leaders that can govern in a responsible manner and look beyond their own interests. It is by no coincidence that a former President like Callejas is responsible for the violence and economic despair within his own country and is somehow able to gain employment within CONCACAF.

The region must start electing individuals who are willing to work on improving conditions in the area for as much as their capacity allows them to.

It might be easy to say that the issues of society have little to do with the issues on the pitch. People often want to enjoy a match and not be bothered by the problems going on outside of the stadium.

But the recent deaths of Pacheco and Peralta and the near death of Cummings are indicators that there are very large problems going on within the region that needs to be resolved.

CONCACAF may not have the biggest role to play in improving conditions within the region but it certainly has a role and must act responsibly in addressing the matter.

Sean Maslin - I am a freelance journalist based out of Washington D.C. In addition to BPF my work can be found on Prost Amerika and at MLS Multiplex where I serve as the site's editor. I am also the co-producer and co-host of Radio MLS

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2015, 08:44:09 AM »
At least he wasn't shot his left foot.

Speedy recovery youth, see you for the St Vincent games.

ha ha ha you know is true..... the stupid idiot probably didn't know that Cummings was left footed.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shot footballer: Gunman was after my gold
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2015, 09:22:14 AM »
Shot footballer: Gunman was after my gold
By Rhondor Dowlat (T&T Guardian)

Doctors have postponed surgery to the right foot of national midfielder Keron Cummings today.

Cummings, 27, was shot while returning home from a boat cruise lime around 2 am on Sunday at Bagatelle, Diego Martin.

Speaking from his hospital bed, Cummings said yesterday he was in extreme pain and discomfort.

Asked about why he believes he was shot, Cummings replied:

“I went to lime with some of the other national players and when I reached home the gunman was waiting on me. I feel because of my gold but I had on none that night and they maybe just decided to shoot me instead.”

Cummings said he was told that arrangements were being made for a transfer to a private hospital for further medical treatment.

Cummings’ head coach at North East Stars, Roland Clarke said the injured player, who remains warded at the Port-of-Spain General Hospital, was in a depressed state because his injury has caused him a major set back in his career.

Clarke said that not only would the 27-year-old be missing out on the Copa América Centenario qualifying play-offs against Haiti on January 8, next year in Panama City, Panama but also his first signing with Orlando City in Florida, United States.

“The guys, his teammates met this morning (yesterday) in camp and they are in a sombre mood. Keron is really the life of the camp and you can see how this has had an impact on them but they had to pull themselves together and do what needs to be done,” Clarke said.

Clarke, who was on his way to visit Cummings at the hospital said that the surgery had been postponed until Wednesday.

“It is because the bullet is still lodged in his leg. The bone is also broken and they are trying to achieve some sort of stabilisation before they proceed to operate,” Clarke said.

President of the T&T Football Association, David John Williams said in spite of the attack on Cummings, there was no need to increase security around the other national players.

Speaking with the T&T Guardian yesterday, John Williams said: “There is no evidence to suggest that security should be beefed up around the other players at this time.”

John Williams described the incident as very unfortunate.

“This is so sad and unfortunate and it could happen to anyone. It could happen to you and it could happen to me,” John Williams said.

Cummings was dropped off near Bagatelle and was heading to the home of a woman when he was approached by a masked gunman, who shot him in the leg before running off.

According to an investigating officer, some headway has been made into the investigations but was unwilling to divulge any information as the probe had reached a sensitive stage.

Investigations are continuing.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Father: We are grateful he’s alive
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2015, 09:23:22 AM »
Father: We are grateful he’s alive
By Alexander Bruzual (T&T Express)

Relatives of national midfielder Keron Cummings, who was shot and wounded on Sunday by a masked gunman, are grateful that the 27-year-old man is alive and his injuries are not life threatening.

This was the sentiment expressed by Cummings' father, Christopher Cummings, yesterday evening while speaking to the media at the Port of Spain General Hospital outside his son's ward.

“First and foremost I am thanking God that my son is alive and well and I know by the grace of God he will recover from this and be back better than ever. I want to thank all the persons who are giving us support, including the Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs, Mr Darryl Smith, who came out and visited him earlier today. I appreciate that he took the time to come out and show his support,” Cummings said.

However, he noted that he was concerned about the medical attention that his son was receiving.

“He got shot on Sunday. Up to now we are trying to find out from a doctor what they can do for our son now. All they've told us is that someone is coming in to check him on Wednesday. That is three days. This is a sportsman here, and he needs to be dealt with immediately. We don't want that to linger on, before his injuries become irreparable,” Cummings said.

The Diego Martin father also took the time to correct reports in various media about what transpired on Sunday.

“What happened was that he came home from the boat ride and went inside to harass his mother. He left his car open and turned up the music while he was going back and forth from the house. When he was outside, a gunman walked around the corner and shot him. And that was that. Along Mason Street, Diego Martin. And as I was a few streets away at the time I took him to the hospital. That was it,” Cummings said.

He noted that at first he went to the St James District Hospital where his son was treated, and doctors told him that no arteries were damaged. However, because there was no X-ray machines at the hospital Cummings had to be transferred to the General Hospital.

“I feel disappointed for him. Since he was five he wanted to be a professional footballer like Russell Latapy and Dwight Yorke. That was his dream, and I can't understand why someone would come and try to steal a person's dream like that, but I ask God to forgive whoever did it.

“We are not praying for revenge, we are praying for a miracle of healing. That person who feel they take away his dream...they only gave him more inspiration to fulfil his dream. We love Keron and we know we would make it through this,” Cummings said.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2015, 11:22:09 AM »
That Sean Maslin article is pure tata.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2015, 11:28:25 AM »
No X-ray machine at a District Hospital? Ludicrous or not?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2015, 11:56:16 AM »
That Sean Maslin article is pure tata.

Talk about inaccuracies.. He's trying to connect football to violence. Which cannot be connected. The article does not sit on much.. Conjecture in my book.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cummings undergoes successful surgery
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2015, 03:06:38 PM »
Cummings undergoes successful surgery
TTFA Media

National Senior Men’s Team midfielder Keron Cummings underwent surgery at the Port of Spain General Hospital on Wednesday morning.

Cummings, who suffered a gun shot wound on Sunday, had been warded since then prior to surgery which was performed by Dr Marlon Mencia and his medical team at the hospital.

TTFA Medical consultant Dr Mario John, who is an orthopedic surgeon based in Orlando, was able to observe the procedure.

Dr John stated that the thigh bone (femur) was fractured and a rod was placed into the femur to stabilize the fracture.

According to Dr John, Cummings should have a speedy recovery due to his level of fitness and the success of the surgery. Dr John suspects Cummings should be able to return to playing in ten months time once the rehabilitation process goes well.

The TTFA wishes to thank Dr Mencia and his team  for the treatment and care offered to the 27-year-old player.

Cummings said he was relieved following the surgery.

“Firstly I want to thank the Almighty Lord for bringing me through this. I am relieved at the moment. I would like to thank my family and teammates, the national team management and the TTFA for their support over the last few days. This was a very difficult time in my life but I am thankful that with rehab, I will be able to make a comeback,” Cummings said.

Cummings was visited by TTFA President David John-Williams and other members of the National Team during his stay at the hospital.

T&T head coach Stephen Hart added:  “This is very good news for the  player and also for us. We have kept him in our prayers and we are thankful for the outcome. He will have our support throughout this and it is important now that the follow up care and the rehab process goes well for him.”

The national Senior team continued its preparations for the Copa America qualifier with Haiti with two sessions on Wednesday. The team will train once on Thursday morning at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium.

Goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams spoke about the training camp so far, saying: “We’ve had a good few sessions so far. The boys have responded well and everyone is working hard and remaining focused. Obviously the news about Keron was sad and it was a blow to the team but we continue to have him in our prayers and we are glad to know he will be okay. Generally, we are staying focused and trying to ensure we are ready as possible for the game against the Haitians.”

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2015, 03:24:20 PM »
Hang in their KC, see you for the Hex  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2015, 03:54:57 PM »
He alive and that's all that matters............in a nutshell I doh even wear meh old school ring in Trinibad no more........I eh going no gunta boatride either........I eh looking to get rob like shadow, Kes or Denise Plummer........but anyways.........he alive

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2015, 08:47:21 PM »
Ouch. 10 Months is a huge set back. MLS chances are very very slim considering his age. Speedy recovery.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2015, 09:25:55 PM »
Find and prosecute the perpetrator!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2015, 06:08:17 AM »
Find and prosecute the perpetrator!

If wishes were horses.....*sigh*
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mollon relives escape after Cummings’ shooting
« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2015, 08:53:33 AM »
Mollon relives escape after Cummings’ shooting
By Jonathan Ramnanansingh (T&T Newsday)

The unpatriotic shooting to the leg of one of Trinidad and Tobago’s most promising football stars, Keron ‘Ball Pest’ Cummings, on Sunday, has plunged the national football community into a state of shock and disbelief.

So much so, that national female footballer Ahkeela Mollon was forced to relive her lucky escape of gunfire between warring gangs in Enterprise, Chaguanas (July), upon hearing the disturbing news of Cummings’ most recent predicament.

The 27-year-old attacking midfielder was shot in his leg on Sunday, and will now miss out on his nation’s Copa America qualifier against Haiti (January 8th) after yesterday’s surgery ruled him out for 10 months.

Mollon, who had to flee her car after she was inadvertently caught in the midst of a shootout among gangs earlier this year, expressed great disappointment at what transpired on Sunday morning. Although she escaped unscathed, Cummings was blatantly targeted in contrast.

“When I heard the news about Keron, my situation (in July) immediately ran across my mind,” she said. “It’s sad to know someone would be so vindictive. As a national player, you are an ambassador for the people of Trinidad and Tobago, because it is us who help fly the flag high and bring recognition to this nation.

And to see someone who is now breaking into the national team and doing so well, and in the running for so many accolades such as ‘Best Goal’, ‘Best Breakthrough Player’, it is disheartening to know someone would go to such lengths to set back a national representative.

“From one national athlete to the next, I want to wish him a speedy recovery, and to tell him to keep the faith.” Mollon was forced to crawl from her vehicle to her mother’s doorstep in escape of a hail of gunfire at the front of her home as she returned home from training. And while she may not have been their intended target, Cummings’ incident seems unfathomable to her.

“Football earns this man’s income, not to upkeep himself, but his family as well. It also opened doors for him to go abroad and play, and I can’t even begin to imagine how he is feeling. People will try to stop what God has in store for you. But man’s plan is nothing compared to God’s plan. But this is not the end for Keron. This, as hard as it may be, is a stepping stone for him I’m sure,” she added.

The Woman Soca Warrior also called on communities to rekindle activity within their respective community centres, and provide sporting activities for youths in an effort to veer them away from negative elements in society.

She reminisced on her younger years of coming home from school and heading to the community centre.

“Growing up, sport was always a good way for the youth to channel their energy into something positive,” Mollon continued.

“For me as a youth growing up, I used to put a lot of focus in the community centres because they were known to generate sporting avenues, and having the youth active.

I think we need to start taking back the communities where the youth can have something and events to look forward to, instead of sitting on the block, and being idle.” She also called on veteran athletes and sporting representatives to return to their communities and work with youngsters to further their sporting chances.

“We need to start having the sporting people who (have) been through the system coming back into the communities and giving back. I think we need to start providing more opportunities through sport and show the positives in it. Sport is starting to take the backburner in the community, and I think these community centres should step up and save their youth. We need to get sport back to the forefront,” she noted.

Mollon also revealed that she was again reminded of this nation’s challenge with crime after one of her former students was killed in Enterprise.

“I was again recently hurt by a similar situation where a young 16-year-old died through similar circumstances from my area. I taught him when I worked at the primary school, and for me, it was hard to swallow. Crime is affecting all of us, and it is now affecting our sporting representatives directly. The things of this world are temporary. There is going to come (a time) when these gunmen are going to be no more, so for me, it’s simple, put down the guns. It’s either going to land you in jail, or six feet under. There is no positive end result because you are destroying other people’s livelihoods and happiness.

There are taking away peoples’ brothers, fathers, uncles, nephews,” she concluded.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Keron Cummings Thread.
« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2015, 12:05:07 PM »
May the baller's recovery go well! Provide him with everything he needs to make it happen.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2015, 05:11:57 PM »
Firstly. I want to thank the Almighty Lord for bringing me through this,” he said from his hospital bed. “I am relieved at the moment. I would like to thank my family and teammates, the national team management and the TTFA (Trinidad and Tobago Football Association) for their support over the last few days. This was a very difficult time in my life. but I am thankful that with rehab, I will be able to make a comeback.”

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2016, 06:40:36 AM »
You are a Warrior my youth
Keep it positive and you will make pass this

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2016, 01:44:29 PM »
WATCH: Keron Cummings attends a National Team training session a day after being discharged from the hospital

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lSYe3yrvePc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lSYe3yrvePc</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2016, 01:53:11 PM »
Stay strong Cummings, from I noticed, the team was inspired through your presence.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 19, 2016, 09:29:40 PM »
With fame comes envy, bad people, and we must be careful of everything. Soccer is another world." --- Rodrigo Messi ... commenting on his concern regarding his brother's safety in the book, Messi, by Leonardo Faccio.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 08:49:45 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2016, 06:35:23 PM »
Anyone know how Cummings doing?

DJW promised he would help him recovery or maybe he was just telling us that?

Time for W Connection players to shine.

;)

Did they ever catch the guy who shot him?

I know in T&T crimes are not normally solved.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 06:42:35 PM by Sando »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 01, 2016, 06:33:47 AM »
Anyone know how Cummings doing?

The last thing I heard is that he is off the crutches.

1]; } ?>