March 28, 2024, 11:59:51 AM

Author Topic: Keron Cummings Thread.  (Read 39820 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Keron Cummings Thread.
« Reply #180 on: July 10, 2017, 12:49:08 AM »
So they shoot our midfield maestro, then after his rehab he get drop from the national team and now he is no longer in the pro league

People could say what they want but he's more talented than molino imo much more deadlier in the box as well

My prayers are with him but such is the nature of politics and corruption in regards to our football in TT

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 10, 2017, 11:07:12 AM »
So they shoot our midfield maestro, then after his rehab he get drop from the national team and now he is no longer in the pro league

People could say what they want but he's more talented than molino imo much more deadlier in the box as well

My prayers are with him but such is the nature of politics and corruption in regards to our football in TT

Why doesn't he go to a small team in Central America first division to prove it?

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 10, 2017, 05:38:20 PM »
the man is 29 he eh no spring chicken so unless he's at the top of his game no team in Central America will be willing to take a chance on him

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #183 on: July 10, 2017, 09:51:56 PM »

Based on what? Molino has consistently shown for club and country and consistently at a higher level. I agree that Cummings is very talented, I was really looking forward to seeing him move onto the MLS and farther. It was terrible what happened to him. I hope he can come back, stronger than ever, he's had an amazing record against one of the stronger footballing nations in the world. I do think he possibly has a greater potential than Molino, but I think ya gotta give Molino his due respect. He took a half chance against Costa Rica that last game and did extremely well.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 11, 2017, 10:51:33 AM »
Based on what? Molino has consistently shown for club and country and consistently at a higher level. I agree that Cummings is very talented, I was really looking forward to seeing him move onto the MLS and farther. It was terrible what happened to him. I hope he can come back, stronger than ever, he's had an amazing record against one of the stronger footballing nations in the world. I do think he possibly has a greater potential than Molino, but I think ya gotta give Molino his due respect. He took a half chance against Costa Rica that last game and did extremely well.

How is that possible at this stage?  He is older and playing at levels nowhere near where Nashy is right now.  Sadly I think his may be a story of robbed potential.  While he was exciting in that brief moment it was only that. When yuh could be on a team with Kaka and he showing respect and appreciation for yuh talent yuh cah just be ordinary with the potential to be met and passed by a footballer who playing several levels below and older.  So by now we need to drop any comparisons between him and Nashy until such time that Ballpest back to playing at a comparable level.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #185 on: July 11, 2017, 01:14:19 PM »

How is that possible at this stage?  He is older and playing at levels nowhere near where Nashy is right now.  Sadly I think his may be a story of robbed potential.  While he was exciting in that brief moment it was only that. When yuh could be on a team with Kaka and he showing respect and appreciation for yuh talent yuh cah just be ordinary with the potential to be met and passed by a footballer who playing several levels below and older.  So by now we need to drop any comparisons between him and Nashy until such time that Ballpest back to playing at a comparable level.

Good assessment, my opinion is based solely on national football and comparing both, molino is indeed talented, whether he plays to his full potential on the national team is another story..

I believe from what I read, prior to him being shot he was suppose to join molinos club, then shit hit the fan

If I had a choice, of a healthy and in form ball pest, I would choose him over molino but that is just my opinion, I think ball pest has a lot more to offer

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 11, 2017, 02:50:03 PM »
Very exciting player. Sad what happened to him. Give him another 18 months to figure it out. If nothing happen by then, then I don't think anything close to MPS will be happening for him. I hope he does figure it out. But reality is reality.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 11, 2017, 05:02:43 PM »

since you have forgotten allow me to remind you that Cummings was well on his way to orlando city to start his career in the mls when he was wounded. Cummings imo is not as skillful as molino I front of goal but in the midfield he is way more clever and visionary than molino despite his age. By the way latapy was playing in scotland whil hector Sam was playing in the epl, who do you think is the more talented of the two? before you answer that, I rate molino over cummings so there be no misunderstandings.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 05:04:14 PM by pull stones »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 12, 2017, 06:04:58 AM »
Hector Sam never played in the Premier league.

Lower levels of the English pyramid even in his prime.

Get real. No offense to Hector Sam.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 12, 2017, 08:46:32 AM »
since you have forgotten allow me to remind you that Cummings was well on his way to orlando city to start his career in the mls when he was wounded. Cummings imo is not as skillful as molino I front of goal but in the midfield he is way more clever and visionary than molino despite his age. By the way latapy was playing in scotland whil hector Sam was playing in the epl, who do you think is the more talented of the two? before you answer that, I rate molino over cummings so there be no misunderstandings.
I don't need reminding as I haven't forgotten about anything you mentioned, so try and take off de "lemmeh school yuh attitude."  Unless you missed it I said currently, not past tense, not 2 years ago, not if everything went as best as it could, but currently.  Reflecting on the idea that he was about to join Orlando means nothing now.  It is speculative at best to believe that it meant he would surpass/usurp Nashy at the club or would go on to have any sort of career in mls unless you have a crystal ball that can see different projected timelines. So it really means nothing in the scheme of things. BTW that comparison fails miserably as you aren't comparing 2 players who anyone in their right mind could consider similarly skilled or suited. Furthermore you have your facts crossed up as Sam never played at a comparable level to Latapy ever!

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 12, 2017, 05:13:48 PM »

pardon me I meant to say Clint marcelle but must have had hector Sam on the brain.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 13, 2017, 08:27:44 AM »

pardon me I meant to say Clint marcelle but must have had hector Sam on the brain.

Well with that correction now we have a discussion.  There are some who favored Clint over Russell.  And while it isn't a close 50-50 split it always made for an interesting argument.  Correction not withstanding, I still stand by everything I have said with regards to any comparison of Molino and Cummings.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 31, 2018, 06:03:12 PM »
I see he is back with Central FC.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 27, 2018, 11:02:21 PM »
WATCH: Keron Cummings talks about his return to form and his desire to once again represent Trinidad and Tobago. Dennis Lawrence, are you watching, are you listening?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/K1XK3N1XaiA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/K1XK3N1XaiA</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 28, 2018, 11:35:05 AM »
He's talented for real, I hope he can continue to push himself to perform at a high level on the field and take care of his body off the field, something coach Hart always stressed to the local players.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 28, 2018, 02:59:21 PM »
If he plays consistently, I think it will be a no brainer for Dennis. We must realize that Keron was and probably stillrecovering, physically and mentally from that very traumatic incident. It is not like he got injured while playing on the field. The demon could have taken taken this gifted player’s life. It nice to see he getting his confidence back. It is a pity he was not ready for the last Hex. But God Bless. I like how he said, “the army boys is he friends, but come game time, is beat".
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 01:35:57 AM by Deeks »

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2018, 05:13:01 PM »
Verry happy to see this level of form from him. Also his overflowinf confidence. Hope he gets to play in our next campaigns.

Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2018, 06:26:23 PM »
Good to see for real, so sad what typifies our society now, smh.  Glad to see him overcome it....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 29, 2018, 06:12:22 AM »
Totally love de vibe and respect. Take it to the limit, Cummings. Joy on the pitch and joy in the interview. Nutten eh wrong. Maximise yuh opportunities and express yuhself. Fruits will bear.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 30, 2018, 08:53:12 PM »
Special player

And to think DJW did publicly and loudly waste down his selection when Ball Pest was selected to the Gold Cup team
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 31, 2018, 04:54:57 PM »
Special player

And to think DJW did publicly and loudly waste down his selection when Ball Pest was selected to the Gold Cup team
Blame SH for DJW talkin outta he azz at the time..he couldn't help heself since he didn't choose SH, except do everything in his power to sabotage the program..now in gauva season, seems he mouth cork..liks like fire, bobol like peas

oops, did i say that out loud..no wuk for me now  :laugh:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #201 on: August 08, 2018, 02:25:29 AM »
Happy to see him back and he’s gaining his confidence

The only problem is, will he be in form 4 years from now when we rolls around

I hope tallest is gone by then tbh

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #202 on: August 08, 2018, 02:26:57 AM »
Special player

Of course he did, it went against his plan to sabotage our program.. how can he achieve that with a talented mid pairing with Kenwhine...

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 08, 2018, 02:39:47 PM »

DJW have to leave first. Cuz once he stays he'll keep Tallest there to do crap

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #204 on: August 10, 2018, 02:52:34 AM »

DJW have to leave first. Cuz once he stays he'll keep Tallest there to do crap

I know the crap you referring to brother

Benching Levi, dropping Cummings, Jones and who knows what else would happen

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #205 on: September 11, 2018, 11:46:53 PM »
‘Ball Pest’ looks for stability at Caledonia.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

FORMER national football team midfielder Keron “Ball Pest” Cummings is looking for stability at his new club Morvant Caledonia United, having joined them from Central FC a fortnight ago.

The 30-year-old played an instrumental role, with a pair of goals, as he guided Central FC to the First Citizens Cup at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo on July 21.

Cummings netted twice as Central FC and Defence Force were locked at 2-2 at the end of regulation time. Central FC prevailed 4-2, courtesy kicks from the penalty spot, to secure the trophy.

He ended his second stint at Central FC with a 3-0 defeat to San Juan Jabloteh in a Pro League encounter on August 21 at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva.

And Cummings said on Monday that he is looking to start a new chapter at Caledonia, who are currently eighth in the league standings with five points.

“Sometimes, as a player, you have to take it up on your own and try to see about yourself,” he noted. “I just feel it was a time for me to (start a new) chapter and try different things.”

He insisted that his move had nothing to do with the current financial struggles affecting the Pro League clubs, especially Central FC.

“I just need a new environment,” Cummings said.

Asked what he will bring to the Caledonia squad, under the guidance of coach Jerry Moe and technical director Jamaal Shabazz, Cummings replied, “They (have) a new bunch of guys who’re willing to work (like) Maurice Ford, Aikim (Andrews) and Keion Goodridge.” He continued, “But I feel the key thing to the Caledonia team is leadership. And that’s my role, where I’m focusing on, leadership and trying to get the job done for the team.”

Shabazz welcomed Cummings to the team and is optimistic that the former W Connection, St Ann’s Rangers, North East Stars (Pro League); Westside Superstarz and Petit Valley/Diego Martin United (Super League) member can “blossom to the player he should be”.

According to Shabazz, “Over the years he has demonstrated a lot of talent, but he remains still in need of being blossoming to the player he should be. I think he needs some stability and he would get that in an organisation that shows love and care for our players.

“We always admired him as a player and we’re looking forward, after playing against him for all these years, to him contributing to the forward thrust of the club,” Shabazz added.

The ex-national men’s and women’s team coach revealed that Cummings has signed a two-year deal. “Such is our confidence,” Shabazz said.

RELATED NEWS

Morvant Caledonia to unleash marquee signing “Ball Pest” against rivals Jabloteh.
ttproleague.com.

Trinidad and Tobago attacking midfielder Keron Cummings “Ball Pest” is expected to suit up for new employers Morvant Caledonia United against crosstown rivals San Juan Jabloteh from 6pm on Friday when the Pro League resumes with a mouth-watering double-header at Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Star-studded Defence Force FC will host Club Sando, a side boasting the likes of newcomer Jabari Mitchell and returning winger Tyrone Charles, from 8pm in the second game at the Mucurapo Road venue.

Cummings, 30, made the switch from three-time former league Central FC, becoming part of a handful of marquee signings by Morvant Caledonia after 22-year-olds winger Aikim Andrews, defensive midfielder Jesus Perez and centre-back Maurice Ford, and 20-year-old Grenada national team forward Saydrel Lewis -- all during the August transfer window.

Morvant Caledonia, coached by technical director Jamaal Shabazz and head coach Jerry Moe, are in crucial need of points after five league outings, positioned eighth on the 10-team PL 2018 standings with just five points and a game in hand against cellar-placed North East Stars.

Shabazz pointed out that while aim of Morvant Caledonia is to grow competitively this season, the ultimate goal is to become the team of 2019 and to return to Concacaf and Caribbean glory in 2020.

“We are in it for the long haul …for instance, we signed Keron Cummings for two years,” said Shabazz, who guided Morvant Caledonia, then Caledonia AIA, to the Caribbean crown in 2012 and on the Concacaf Champions League stage in 2012 and 2013.

“I was never one afraid to take the small steps towards the bigger goal of getting us into Concacaf in 2020,” continued the former T&T Men’s and Women’s coach and Guyana national team coach. “We are seeing a team -- with time and proper planning -- that could emerge as a force again.”

Shabazz, who also welcomed the addition of experienced ex-Central defender Keion Goodridge during the transfer window, says he is confident that his club’s latest signings, together with the talent across the team such as 19-year-old forward Renaldo Francois, Guyana international attacker Sheldon Holder and veteran playmaker Kerry Daniel, will improve performances.

“We always wanted to be competitive [this season], although we started cautious,” the Morvant Caledonia boss said. “But the injection of capital through the Government’s subvention opened the opportunity for us to invest in about four marquee players who can make a huge impact on the field and also assist in bringing along the younger players.

“In doing so, we are overly focused on building the infrastructure of the team and a more holistic approach in the players’ development in areas nutrition and so on.

“We want to try to win on and off the field by creating a team that could motivate the communities of Morvant, Laventille, East Port of Spain, Caledonia and environs.”

Shabazz, while admitting there will be an adjustment period for the new players “because they came from backgrounds that are pretty set in their ways”, praised the immediate influence of Cummings.

“Keron Cummings certainly has made his presence in training felt,” added the Morvant Caledonia technical director. “He has forced his way into the starting 11. Most importantly he has been a good person to his fellow players, being very encouraging on the pitch. We are not seeing a cocky brat. We are seeing a humble talented young man who is sharing his experience with his teammates.”

Shabazz revealed that he wants defender Ford, a former youth level player at Morvant Caledonia, to show a bit more commitment to take over the captain’s armband from evergreen full-back Kareem “Tiny” Joseph. “He (Ford) has matured a lot but he needs to show more ambition and focus regarding his football career.”

Friday’s opponents, Jabloteh, meanwhile, are a side equipped with recent signings Kevon Villaroel, Akeem “Battery” Benjamin, Elton John, Jason Marcano and Kishon Hackshaw. The San Juan Kings will provide a huge test for Morvant Caledonia as Keith Jeffrey’s men are hoping to return to winning ways after suffering a 2-0 defeat against Defence Force on Aug. 28 which snapped an unbeaten run of five games.

On Saturday, Point Fortin Civic will host leaders W Connection from 6pm at the Mahaica Oval while the Ato Boldon Stadium will host a double-header with Terminix St. Ann’s Rangers against Central from 4pm and Police FC against North East Stars from 6pm.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 12:41:36 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 12, 2018, 05:45:15 AM »
He is 30 already !!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 12, 2018, 05:55:24 AM »
He is 30 already !!!

How yuh mean already? He make his debut for de national team back in 2010 when he was 21.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 12, 2018, 01:08:58 PM »
My honest hope is to see Kerron Cummins play football for TT again,what a bloody sad story.Imagine what was in store for him,who knows how far he could have gone.The man that shot him should be fed to Hyenas.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #209 on: September 13, 2018, 02:27:08 AM »
He is 30 already !!!

How yuh mean already? He make his debut for de national team back in 2010 when he was 21.

That robbery/shooting shit was so f**ked up. He should should have spent the year rocking the MLS getting looks from European outfits. Things can still happen though.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

1]; } ?>