March 28, 2024, 03:08:45 PM

Author Topic: Players safety !  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Players safety !
« on: July 17, 2015, 03:29:17 PM »
I am surprised CONCACAF isn't doing anything about this. Wonder if it had happened in Europe if anything would have came out of it.

I also believe that the TTFA should back their players up and mentioned this to CONCACAF/FIFA if they haven't already?

T&T is pelted with trash by Mexico fans during a corner kick, immediately scores tying goal
By SCOTT DAVIS (Business Insider).

Mexico played Trinidad and Tobago to a 4-4 draw in the teams' final group match at the 2015 Concacaf Gold Cup thanks to a last-minute goal by Trinidad and Tobago.

Trailing 4-3 with less than a minute to play, Trinidad and Tobago had a stoppage-time corner kick. As Joevin Jones prepared for the kick, Mexico fans were raining trash down onto the field:

http://video.businessinsider.com/637a2187-745c-4ebf-92d6-62065c153bf7.mp4

As trash was pelted at him, Jones lofted a perfect corner kick that found Yohance Marshall, who scored on a header:

http://video.businessinsider.com/1ac02f41-7180-40dd-87c6-ef9ea704ed95.mp4

It was a wild match that saw Mexico take a 2-0 lead before Trinidad and Tobago scored three straight goals to go up by one.

Later in the match, Mexico rattled off two more goals, the final going off Trinidad and Tobago's Kenwyne Jones for an own-goal that put Mexico up 4-3, setting up Marshall's equalizer.

Because of the tie, Trinidad & Tobago wins Group C and advances to the quarterfinals to play Panama.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trinidad-and-tobago-game-tying-goal-vs-mexico-in-gold-cup-2015-7

« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 05:25:04 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Players safety !
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 03:48:31 PM »
Should our association be speaking out and demanding some form of apology or repercussion from the Mexican team?

We know CONCACAF is trash and probably won't do anything so maybe we need to take the initial step and force them to speak on it?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 04:10:18 PM »
Should our association be speaking out and demanding some form of apology or repercussion from the Mexican team?

We know CONCACAF is trash and probably won't do anything so maybe we need to take the initial step and force them to speak on it?

I thought some type of action would have taken place by now. In addition to the projectiles, the fans were also shining lasers at the TT players.

At this point,  I don't see any punishment coming towards Mexico.  The organizers of this want a USA vs Mexico final.. That's where the meal ticket is.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 05:23:08 PM »
Concacaf and the USSF are the ones to figure out how to stop this. They could have the stadium owners stop people from bringing bottles. That means hiring people at the turnstile to go thru every bag. Don't sell bottled water. Only use paper or Styrofoam cups. They could still pelt that too. Or have security with shields at each corner to protection the kicker who is taking the corner. I do hope Coach Hart and/or Tim Kee have file some complaint to the organizing committee of this tournament.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 05:25:49 PM »
The TTFA has lodged a complaint.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 06:48:45 PM »
The TTFA has lodged a complaint.

Great.  I want to hear official condemnation of the act.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 06:49:36 PM »
Concacaf and the USSF are the ones to figure out how to stop this. They could have the stadium owners stop people from bringing bottles. That means hiring people at the turnstile to go thru every bag. Don't sell bottled water. Only use paper or Styrofoam cups. They could still pelt that too. Or have security with shields at each corner to protection the kicker who is taking the corner. I do hope Coach Hart and/or Tim Kee have file some complaint to the organizing committee of this tournament.

How about penalizing the national team? I know its harsh, but in cases where the fans are pissing in water bottles and throwing it at players, and/or shining lasers in players faces,  penalizing the national team may be justified it. It might be the only way to ensure the players are safe.

That is good news Flex. The spotlight is already on Concacaf with all the corruption scandals.. I will like to see if Concacaf shows any teeth.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 06:58:15 PM »
How about penalizing the national team?

This game is in the US. The US authorities have to deal with this. If it was in Mex., I guess they could then penalize the Mex Fed.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 07:07:24 PM »

This game is in the US. The US authorities have to deal with this. If it was in Mex., I guess they could then penalize the Mex Fed.

No.. I meant for Concacaf to penalize the Mexican national team. I know one time UEFA punished a national team for their fans conduct.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 10:28:25 PM »

No.. I meant for Concacaf to penalize the Mexican national team. I know one time UEFA punished a national team for their fans conduct.

Maybe they could that. But this is a real dicey situation. like I said, don't sell bottled water and search all of their bags.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2015, 07:16:51 AM »
At Champions League games, no sealed containers are allowed inside the ground and any bottles sold must be plastic and have the caps removed.

One point is that if the referee doesn't mention this in his report, there may not be an inquiry. I think the referee saw the incident but as it was the 94th minute probably was going to blow the whistle after the corner and felt it wasn't worth highlighting the disturbance. Probably a good thing, because he could have abandoned the game and the 4-3 scoreline would have stuck.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2015, 07:27:01 AM »
It'd be a disgraceful abandonment of their responsibilities to the players and the game to let this go unchallenged - I'm shocked nothing has happened yet - if this was the Euros they would have faced much more scrutiny

1]; } ?>