March 28, 2024, 12:39:25 PM

Author Topic: 2019 Outdoor Season Featuring T&T Athletes  (Read 23511 times)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Outdoor Season Featuring T&T Athletes
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2019, 10:53:29 PM »

Who brave enough to tell me out loud how many medals T&T won at the Championships and when last we win this amount?  :D

This was our worst World Champs medal performance since the 2007 edition in which we also won zero medals.

In the 2009 edition we won 3 medals (1 silver by our Men's 4×100m Relay team & 2 bronze, one by Renny Quow in the Men's 400m and the other by  Josanne Lucas in the Women's 400m Hurdles);

In the 2011 edition we won just 1 medal (1 bronze by Kelly-Ann Baptiste in the Women's 100m);

In the 2013 edition we again won 1 medal (1 gold by Jehue Gordon in Men's 400m Hurdles);

In the 2015 edition we won 2 medals (1 silver by our Men's 4×400m Relay team & 1 bronze by our Women's 4x100m Relay team);

In the 2017 edition we again won 2 medals (1 gold by Men's 4×400m Relay team & 1 bronze by Jereem Richards in the Men's 200m);

In the 2019 edition we are back to no medals as in 2007 but congrats still to all our athletes for givong their very best and flying the flag.

We all know where the blame lies for our lack of progress and going backwards rather than forwards and the athletes are not to be blamed if you truly understand the hurdles they have to overcome to represent the country and to be at their very best come these global championships.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 10:59:01 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2019, 12:00:12 PM »
Athletes are NOT to be blamed?

We all know the shit-show the NAAA is, but to say the athletes are not to be blamed is disingenuous.

Blame the NAAA for the lack of proper 4x1 prep for decades, blame them for Carifta and World Junior/Youth failures and ZERO new talents coming through, but YES, the PRO athletes themselves have to be accountable.

If you are in your absolute prime years and performing worse than 2-4 years ago, whose fault is that?

Certainly not the NAAA.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2019, 12:59:36 PM »

We all know the shit-show the NAAA is, but to say the athletes are not to be blamed is disingenuous.

Hmmmm most I could do is either shake my head or just laugh at the reality that NO T&T athlete won one medal  :D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2019, 11:31:12 PM »
As far as Olympics, guava season eh nothing new to us. We ate guava in Melbourne, Mexico, Moscow, LA, Seoul, Barsa. if the recent performance in Doha is a bell-weather for Tokyo, we maybe eating guava again.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2019, 07:11:29 PM »

Blame the NAAA for the lack of proper 4x1 prep for decades, blame them for Carifta and World Junior/Youth failures and ZERO new talents coming through, but YES, the PRO athletes themselves have to be accountable.

If you are in your absolute prime years and performing worse than 2-4 years ago, whose fault is that?

Certainly not the NAAA.

Hmmmm... Food for thought.

However some of our athletes who are supposed to be in their prime right now have been contending with injuries this season so I wouldn't knock any of them who did not medal. Lets not forget that before Doha none of the sports analysts around the world were rating any of our TTO athletes as strong medals contenders in any of the events.
Only our Men's 4x4 team (as defending champions) were being mentioned as potential medal contenders and as it was their best efforts could only give us a 5th place finish in the final because the other medal contenders fielded stronger 4x4 relay teams in comparison to the teams they fielded back in 2017 while we in contrast fielded a weaker Men's 4x4 relay team than we did back in 2017.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 07:13:23 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>