March 28, 2024, 06:40:20 AM

Author Topic: Khalifa St Fort "De Real Deal" Thread  (Read 27104 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Khalifa St Fort "De Real Deal" Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2019, 09:25:51 AM »

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2019, 12:10:55 AM »
I'm glad this thread is here, so I can reminisce and follow the story arc from beginning to now.

Having said that, I have no idea where any TTO track and field medals would come from in Tokyo 2020. Keshorn delivered two in a row, and that event is vastly different now than it was in 2012.

Zero medals won at this year's worlds championships (only 3 individual-event finalists 200/400/javelin). That's usually an indicator.

I have been warning about this for years.
This is what happens when you put people who aren't capable to run a sport.

Now, the inevitable will happen, and as usual, nobody will be held accountable - or be asked to step down.

Sound familiar? Seems to happen in every single aspect of TNT life lately.

The bigger question is - can any other sport in Tokyo 2020 stop the beginning of another drought?
Cycling?

We have not come home with zero medals from the Olympics since 1992.

And even after Tokyo 2020, what prospects exist for 2024?
We have a federation that has said "we only have sprinters here (false)" and they have no mechanisms in place to find foreign-based talent, either.

We have no young stars in track and field that have shown themselves capable on the next level (ZERO medals from world juniors 2018, no individual finalists)

BORN TO DO IT

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2019, 03:00:50 AM »
Well Breds, I don't know what to tell yuh. Football just waking up from a long nightmare.

TF has always been an up and down case. But after 92, one or 2 individuals have always  surfaced to bring the occasional bronze, sometimes silver and the very rare gold. I have read on this forum where you, Sando, Gawd on the pitch, socapro, real madness and many others argue, argue, argue ..... present plans that the TF fraternity should implement for the 4 year cycle. How long you stop running? How long you were MoS ? Donkey years. Doh worry you still looking young. But let it happen. Maybe it is a good thing for TF to come home with zero medals to wake up the NAAA. So the only Trini face we will be seeing for a WHOLE week on tv in Tokyo is yours.   :banginghead: ;D

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2019, 09:54:39 AM »
Thanks for your feedback Ato. You have been predicting this coming drought for a while now.
Sad to say you are right once again.  :(

I am still wondering who is Khaifa's coach and how or if she is preparing for making the TTO Team for the Olympics next year as all athletes who are serious about being at Tokyo 2020 next year should have already started their winter preparations as the start of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics is less than 8 months away.

Khalifa's facebook page only seems to have stuff about church and praying but nothing at all about her winter training or if it has started and how things are progressing for her from a sprinting perspective with Tokyo in mind. See this link for confirmation: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011981013214

Maybe someone should seek Khalifa out for an interview and update on her status and preparations as everyone seems to be wondering what is happening with her as no one has a clue.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 10:04:36 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2019, 02:23:52 PM »
I know the idea of it sounds great but if in the year BEFORE the Olympics you're trying to find a way out, then you're already done.

It's not happening.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2019, 10:42:21 PM »
I've been told Khalifa has resumed training in Orlando since the beginning of December, where Keston Bledman and Kelly-Ann Baptiste train under coach Lance Brauman.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2019, 03:15:03 PM »
I've been told Khalifa has resumed training in Orlando since the beginning of December, where Keston Bledman and Kelly-Ann Baptiste train under coach Lance Brauman.

Many thanks for the update Ato!  :salute:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>