March 28, 2024, 03:21:13 AM

Author Topic: Fitness is a Huge Problem  (Read 7454 times)

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fitness is a Huge Problem
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2015, 02:34:54 PM »
Good thread.

KJ when he was in the Prem, and now with Cardiff was told the
same thing, occupy the last defender. In the game yesterday,
there were 2 Panamanians shadowing him. Size does matter,
and he gotS size, which made them put 2 guys on him!

No matter how fit you are, 108 in NYC in July is probably as
oppressive as what Qatar will deliver in 2022, if they manage
to hold on to what they got. After coming off the high of the
Mex game, both an emotional and physical exertion high, these
guys did not have what it takes to go 120, and it showed. We
were DARN lucky to get to penalties, but could not bring home
the bacon.

This was a good tune up for WC qualifying. If this group of guys
can give the same effort every 90 minutes, like the Mex game,
AND Coach Hart doesn't bolt, Russia could be in our future.
Otherwise, it will be same old, same old......................

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2015, 03:13:03 PM »
What Trini was missing from the Panama game-
1) Fitness
2) Possession

Seriously. I don't know if Hart told the boys at half time that they need to keep possession, but that's what they were suppose to do to beat that Panama side. Panama straight up dominated our half of the field seriously. We just sat back and wasted our energy defending when we supposed to conserve it for an attack. Trinidad is so dangerous with set pieces and crosses, yet we weren't able to take advantage of those plays because we barely had the ball. Jones is the finish man for our side but he's getting old. The boys better take advantage of his presence while he's here.

For us to do well in the WC qualification, everyone has to work on fitness during their club season, especially the wingers and fullbacks.

We have a great team though. I can see us doing well in the future with the likes of Joevin Jones, Molino, Cato, Bateau, Hyland, etc.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 03:27:50 PM by Briggs »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2015, 04:02:21 PM »
Contro u hadda be ah madman hoss  T. and NYC is no where near similar where heat and humidity is concerned  Doh try dat atall.

As for Cyrus he was about 10 or so minutes removed from having cramps that left him noticeably limping.  Why you think KJ attempted to change the order which the ref declined?

I agree that fitness is in part their responsibility.  However the hunger and the desire to be more fit is not likely to be motivated by their inability to succeed in the Gold Cup.  That desire can only be fed by personal ambition. Whether it has to do with fame, riches, or playing for the best clubs in the best leagues.  There is no way any of us can reasonably expect that these players will individually aim to improve themselves for the sake of international football especially with the support or lack thereof afforded to the program.

Of Course LG fit and ready, he getting a chance at a European club.  If he want to stay there he have to be ready.  But again the conditions under which he gets to display that readiness isn't on the pitch during his fourth game in 12 days in 97 degree temperature  (not even calculating what it really feels like with humidity).

To me I feel like is disingenuous to compare our players to the German national team whose players mostly play in the Bundesliga where the standard is leaps and bounds beyond where or players play with the exception of KJ

At least improve your fitness for your career, club football if not international football.. Self improvement is a word that probably never floats around in these players minds.. When my cousins played in holland for the top clubs  they took upon themselves to train and improve in the off season, because they had a goal to play national football and shine.. What is the point of playing football if you have no aim or target? No love to be at your best or seize your full potential?

There has to be a standard to aim for, why not Germany, why is that so far fetched?

I can't blame the heat because whatever you face as a footballer you need to adapt and make the best of it..

Keep in mind, the wc is a tournament
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 04:09:34 PM by Controversial »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2015, 06:22:34 PM »
The things we need to work on if we want to be one of the top 3 teams in CONCACAF and to automatically qualify for the 2018 World Cup are:-

1. Player Fitness (ability to run for 90 minutes)

2. Possession (to help preserve energy so we can run more efficiently for 90 minutes). We also lose the ball to our opponents too regularly and easily on our Goal kicks (from keeper) and throw-ins (from players).

3. Better and more frequent crosses into the box for Kenwyne and other players to take advantage of against shorter teams.

4. Scoring from corners kicks and set pieces (the last goal against Mexico is an example of what we should be able to do more regularly even when missiles are being thrown on the pitch)

5. Taking penalty kicks under pressure

6. Regular games against quality opponents on all FIFA dates.

7. Coaching staff and players need to be paid properly and on time and to generally be better taken care of whenever they are representing T&T with our long term goals in mind.

Thanks to SH and his staff and our players for a great effort for this 2015 Gold Cup.

Now onto preparing for World Cup qualification and working on all the points listed above.   :beermug:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 05:39:44 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2015, 09:21:42 PM »
men could accept or not, stomp dey feet, drop the whole team, fire the coach, argue, have a pissing contest who is best supporter, rant & rave how much dey want..Fact is we Lorse, yuh think our boys don't care bout that lorse more than these ppl sittingon a couch and sippin a brew, or in stands bawling boo or ray...dey give up all the life to come and try an represent, some get thru, some get drop. regardless of the Jacks, issues (TTFF, TT Government, clubs) and critics..they running up and down always with a potential of losing their livelihood , not knowing, actually maybe knowing dey not getting nothing but buff..and many true true fans not disappointing..Mediocrity my mudda ass, go an train and show dem how nah...born & grown Trini to the Bone.. It's why the Athletes voice, "Me doh have allyuh to study"
 Great run guys..we will be better and stronger next time..for those that don't make it, thanks for your yeoman service

add: is one thing to have private discussions and personal opinions..but to bring here on the fan site.. when it have so much more important things to DO to help. well I tell u a some fans not easy..the best in the world
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 09:31:08 PM by maxg »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2015, 02:05:44 AM »
Fatigue no joke
T&T Express Reports.

STEPHEN HART, Trinidad and Tobago's senior men's national team head coach, believes that Panama benefited from getting two extra days' rest for their quarter-final match on Sunday at Met Life Stadium in the New York/New Jersey area.

T&T were back in action three days after a gruelling 4-4 draw with Mexico, while Panama had rested for five days. The Warriors also faced a wide range of conditions over three cities during group play: cold and windy Chicago; 40 degrees Phoenix, Arizona where they had to play in a full air-conditioned, enclosed stadium and also hot New Jersey, minus cooling. The teams played out a 120-minute 1-1 draw, before Panama advanced to the semi-finals 6-5 on kicks from the penalty mark.

“We were completely exhausted,” Hart said. “But, I have to give credit to my players. They gave me everything. I extracted every bit of juice out of that orange. At the end of the day penalties are a cruel way to go, but that is how the game ends.”

Hart added: “I think fatigue was a big factor. We couldn't get up and down the field as a unit and as the game went further and further, we just couldn't keep possession of the ball. We ran out of legs.”

Over the tournament, Hart felt his players had done well, given their under-preparation. Defensively he felt they were mainly solid, but need to possess the ball better.

Meanwhile, Panama's Colombian head coach Hernan Gomez described the level of Gold Cup competition as world class, but complained about the effects of long travel hours on teams. What would he change?

“The transportation,” Gomez said. “The amount spent on planes. But the competition is world class.”

Likewise, a couple of CONCACAF officials also spoke off the record, of the strenuous travel arrangement and long hours in airports, which like the teams, they also faced.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2015, 04:00:10 AM »
Wow.....I have no problem admitting that I expected nothing from this TT team. 4 games into the Gold Cup and I had to eat humble pie.

Now the argument is about fitness? Really?

Is it an athletic crime to cramp up after chasing shadows for almost 2 hours?

If what I read is correct, footballers not supposed to get tired at all....especially playing in the hot sun. Why? Because they're footballers?

Fight up with one or two defenders for 2 mins and then lets discuss how not tired a player supposed to be.

Concentrate for 90+ mins, while chasing the ball and the game and then lets discuss how not tired a player should be.

When Ozil, Alexis and even Ronaldo cramps up thats ok because those guys are stars. Let Cyrus cramp up and its because he's not fit or serious about the sport.

Footballers aren't superheroes....hard game in hot sun and they will get tired.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2015, 06:28:52 AM »

Fitness is just one problem. We can point to many other problems but good thread from the original poster

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2015, 06:39:58 AM »
If was me I woulda start this team.

Phillip
Joevin
Bateau
Abu Bakr
Cyrus
Winchester
Cummings
George
Boucaud
Cato
Jones

The team was tired and Hart know this thats why he went with a 451 formation.

Panama control de midfield and we chase de game and pay de price.

Cyrus, Abu Bakr and Boucaud was fresh, because they miss de last game.

Leave Williams on de bench, drop back Joevin in left back and bring in a extra experiece midfielder (Boucaud).

Winchester speed woulda kill Panama.

Even though Hyland played de tournament like a boss, leave him on the bench, to many tired players on the field, let Winchester or James start. Bring in Hyland if T&T need help after.

4 fresh players on de field woulda make a difference.

We try we best, so credit fr de players and Hart was great throughout de tournament, bu that Mexico game took a of from them fellas.

This is why 3/4 fresh players woulda been great.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 06:44:22 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2015, 07:26:49 AM »
Wow.....I have no problem admitting that I expected nothing from this TT team. 4 games into the Gold Cup and I had to eat humble pie.

If what I read is correct, footballers not supposed to get tired at all....especially playing in the hot sun. Why? Because they're footballers?

Fight up with one or two defenders for 2 mins and then lets discuss how not tired a player supposed to be.

Concentrate for 90+ mins, while chasing the ball and the game and then lets discuss how not tired a player should be.

When Ozil, Alexis and even Ronaldo cramps up thats ok because those guys are stars. Let Cyrus cramp up and its because he's not fit or serious about the sport.

the excuses are the "sun was too hot" and "we too tired from the Mexico game"  :D

Seriously this what I am reading this morning. We talking about a senior national team and these are the excuses for going out of a tournament on a piss poor performance. We were lucky to even reach penalties.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 07:35:06 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2015, 07:39:56 AM »

the excuses are the "sun was too hot" and "we too tired from the Mexico game"  :D

Seriously this what I am reading this morning. We talking about a senior national team and these are the excuses for going out of a tournament on a piss poor performance. We were lucky to even reach penalties.

Well according to maxg if we criticize the team, we should suit up and try to make the team if we better  :D :bs:

I never knew constructive criticism is now taboo and politically incorrect on this board...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2015, 08:47:48 AM »
Maxg want us to be quiet and don't post any criticism because he believe our players are babies that will see criticism then be offended and discouraged lol

Smh what ah joke

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2015, 09:32:22 AM »
Maxg want us to be quiet and don't post any criticism because he believe our players are babies that will see criticism then be offended and discouraged lol

Smh what ah joke

I thought KJ say he don't care what age or how young the player is, once they step on that field, they need to be a "man". What happen with all that big man talk, It gone down the latrine or what?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2015, 10:08:55 AM »

Well according to maxg if we criticize the team, we should suit up and try to make the team if we better  :D :bs:

I never knew constructive criticism is now taboo and politically incorrect on this board...
according to maxg... I want allyuh to be quiet..i cyah even get my kids to be quiet,  I could ask or make allyuh big men be quiet..I don't want allyuh to criticize ?.. allyuh must be joking.. But if you come saying my team play shit or mediocre in this tournament, because of a reduced performance in their last knockout game..yuh don't know one fk about sports or competing at any level above highschool.. yuh could talk and be friend with who yuh want, yuh have no idea what that stratosphere  is like...yeah, I say that too..so  :bs:  ;D

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2015, 10:25:19 AM »

according to maxg... I want allyuh to be quiet..i cyah even get my kids to be quiet,  I could ask or make allyuh big men be quiet..I don't want allyuh to criticize ?.. allyuh must be joking.. But if you come saying my team play shit or mediocre in this tournament, because of a reduced performance in their last knockout game..yuh don't know one fk about sports or competing at any level above highschool.. yuh could talk and be friend with who yuh want, yuh have no idea what that stratosphere  is like...yeah, I say that too..so  :bs:  ;D

Whoa Tonto...

Sando and I talked about one game, not the entire tournament... That is misinterpreting what was said...
The team played rubbish in their last match... We were upset with the way we lost... Simple...

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2015, 10:30:05 AM »
Whoa Tonto...

Sando and I talked about one game, not the entire tournament... That is misinterpreting what was said...
The team played rubbish in their last match... We were upset with the way we lost... Simple...

That is not how allyuh comin off doh!  Especially Sando.  Anytime anybody say anything positive it seem like he want to neutralize it with da mediocrity talk so it eh seem like is no one game atall but the team play in general that is being cited as substandard.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2015, 10:32:27 AM »
Whoa Tonto...

That is not how allyuh comin off doh!  Especially Sando.  Anytime anybody say anything positive it seem like he want to neutralize it with da mediocrity talk so it eh seem like is no one game atall but the team play in general that is being cited as substandard.

I can't speak for Sando but my impression was the last game from his posts.. For me it was based on the last game...

You reach this far and play good football, to lose like that and worse yet, play a poor game of football in our most crucial game..

Didn't rub me right, still doesn't, I still seeing Cyrus miss and shaking my head..

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2015, 10:35:55 AM »
so you mean the putting things in place and assistance being offered by letting them know of them being rubbish and mediocre, is based on ONE performance.. you know a lot of ppl, ask any successful one, how many failures, personal & public, they endure beforethey achieve success.. Men busting they gut, hobbling, crying like baby..some sit on bench throughout the whole tourney, some didn't even get  chosen to go...staff not getting proper remuneration, and your best analyses where they barely hold on, yes, outplayed, and lost on kicks...they hoping just to survive thru this day we having...and u come with they play rubbish...oh, they didn't know that...only u and Sando...right..thanks for pounding it thru our thick skulls..so what u gonna do about it now..or u gonna keep repeating the same mantra..Hare Hare  :-\
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 10:37:47 AM by maxg »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2015, 10:37:24 AM »
Whoa Tonto...

I will personally apologize to the board and football team if you can find a post where I stated we played substandard football for the entire tournament.. I never said anything like that..

I addressed the last game and my displeasure... Anything else beyond that is a lie other posters trying to spin.. I'm not Bakes who does write something and go and edit it after because of its defamatory nature..

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2015, 10:45:07 AM »
Whoa Tonto...

I will personally apologize to the board and football team if you can find a post where I stated we played substandard football for the entire tournament.. I never said anything like that..

I addressed the last game and my displeasure... Anything else beyond that is a lie other posters trying to spin.. I'm not Bakes who does write something and go and edit it after because of its defamatory nature..

Dan I just telling yuh how allyuh comin off.  Take it or leave it

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2015, 10:48:45 AM »
Whoa Tonto...

this...even in d post dey was bitchin about, I posted d tourney stats in summary and they never address dat ...............AND it appeared that they dismiss d entire effort in d GC
I pity the fool....

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2015, 10:52:23 AM »
Whoa Tonto...

this...even in d post dey was bitchin about, I posted d tourney stats in summary and they never address dat ...............AND it appeared that they dismiss d entire effort in d GC

The web of lies you will spin to come across like a true supporter.. Lefty you missed your calling, you should run for office, it have a lot of other sociopaths like yourself who will welcome you with open arms..

I didn't dismiss de entire effort you liar... That fork tongue must be real hard to hide amongst men who believe...

Show me where I dismissed our entire effort for this tournament madussa? Prove me wrong.. Find that fabricated piece of rubbish you are propagating

You can't get away with that nonsense with me..

You never post any tourney stats for me to read, post them again let's see what the hell you are making a big fuss about...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 10:56:36 AM by Controversial »

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2015, 10:55:44 AM »
How allyuh know them guys were liming?

Right now it is speculation.. AB heard a few friends in New York talking that they know a number of the players were in small limes the nit before the game.. So we were thinking why would these people lie?

But if you think of it, the team was dead tired and that could translate to them liming the night before..

Mexico and Costa Rica had the same schedule like us, with the same amount of rest and they still ran all game..
Speculation is a hell of a thing. Why would these complete strangers lie??... Why would our players jeopardize their game??... A lot of unanswered questions, and hear say.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2015, 10:58:13 AM »
Whoa Tonto...

The web of lies you will spin to come across like a true supporter.. Lefty you missed your calling, you should run for office, it have a lot of other sociopaths like yourself who will welcome you with open arms..

I didn't dismiss de entire effort you liar... That fork tongue must be real hard to hide amongst men who believe...

Show me where I dismissed our entire effort for this tournament madussa? Prove me wrong.. Find that fabricated piece of rubbish you are propagating

You never post any tourney stats for me to read, post them again let's see what the hell you are making a big fuss about...

u need to get over yourself and stop being dishonest about yuh intent

but since yuh want to get technical

In four Gold Cup matches, T&T were bested by none of their opponents in open play. They beat Guatemala (3-1), Cuba (2-0) and drew with Mexico (4-4) and Panama (1-1). These are some of the same opponents the Soca Warriors will face when they enter the fourth (semi-final) round of CONCACAF qualifying for the 2018 World Cup in November.

a pity that people choose to label dat as mediocre .....Alyuh did good fellas.

and ....I yuh want to be yuh usual slimy self d edit was to to remove d remark  yuh panties get knot up for
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 11:06:41 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2015, 11:07:16 AM »
Whoa Tonto...

u need to get over yourself and stop being dishonest about yuh intent

Hear nah liar, God know what in my heart, I spoke about one game and not the entire tournament... Stop spreading lies madussa...

If you can't point it out, shut up and ride out... Because you're a liar that is trying to manipulate the situation to look big, when yuh small and small minded at that..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2015, 11:10:07 AM »
Whoa Tonto...

Dan I just telling yuh how allyuh comin off.  Take it or leave it

Nah I coming off as being upset about one game... Check my posts after our other games.. There is no way you can say I coming off like that.. That's ridiculous and duplicitous

You know what thought make a man do?

I coming off like I upset about one game... How the hell does that translate into the entire tournament ..

That is borderline disingenuous Breddah..
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 11:12:15 AM by Controversial »

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2015, 11:11:55 AM »
how is a man playing in MLS and British Championship not fit.

It have no better leagues that these.

How many days of the year is it 97 degrees in England?  How often do they play 4 games in a 12 day span in England and MLS? 

What is the temperature in Trinidad right now or worse yet, 430 during the day?

Remember we are closer to the equator than New Jersey.. What was the other players excuse, when they sat out mexico? What excuse should I prepare myself for ?
So you're saying it is consistently 97°F with humidity making it feel like 102°F in Trinidad and Tobago? Nothing happens in a vacuum. Panama had 2 extra days off as a team as well. Not saying the boys are blameless, but to the point that they could have prepared better, I'm not so sure how.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2015, 11:14:58 AM »

How many days of the year is it 97 degrees in England?  How often do they play 4 games in a 12 day span in England and MLS? 

Remember we are closer to the equator than New Jersey.. What was the other players excuse, when they sat out mexico? What excuse should I prepare myself for ?
So you're saying it is consistently 97°F with humidity making it feel like 102°F in Trinidad and Tobago? Nothing happens in a vacuum. Panama had 2 extra days off as a team as well. Not saying the boys are blameless, but to the point that they could have prepared better, I'm not so sure how.

In terms of prep, that is all ttfa fault... Nothing to do with them..

But they played a bad game and throw away the game on penalties.. I pointed out that KJ played well and Hart was exemplary..

But you have compulsive liars like lefty that will fabricate how i stated we played bad all tournament but can't prove that..

TT has gotten to 90 and above and men played in that heat ... So I can't say heat was a major factor for the loss..
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 11:17:41 AM by Controversial »

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2015, 11:18:50 AM »

But they played a bad game and throw away the game on penalties.. I pointed out that KJ played well and Hart was exemplary..

But you have compulsive liars like lefty that will fabricate how i stated we played bad all tournament but can't prove that..

TT has gotten to 90 and above and men played in that heat ... So I can't say heat was a major factor for the loss..
Fair enough

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2015, 11:24:35 AM »

But you have compulsive liars like lefty that will fabricate how i stated he played bad all tournament but can't prove that..

where yuh see I state u state anyting ....I said I posted stats in d comment alyuh bitchin about it was bold and in yuh face....right there and then u could have clarified yuh position........... u chose instead to go off on one of yuh usual my shit doh stink holier than though hissy fits

u for real
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>