March 28, 2024, 09:39:27 AM

Author Topic: 2016 Copa America Centenario Thead  (Read 52829 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Copa America Centenario Thead
« Reply #240 on: June 12, 2016, 09:24:17 PM »
Plus, last year (during de Copa) he needed Neymar and Douglas Costa to rescue him versus Peru. Allyuh remember that piece of brilliance at the death? One of the best passes that will ever grace a football field.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 12, 2016, 09:36:38 PM »
If Brazil finish second in their group then the US may end up playing them anyway  :devil:. All this talk by commentators about avoiding Brazil by winning the group is premature.

See exactly what I said happened! Yesterday when Colombia lost to CR the American commentators were in jubilation because the US finished on top the group and thought they would escape Brazil, But like I said yesterday that was premature thinking because no one should be sure if Brazil would top their group.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 12, 2016, 10:14:33 PM »
If Brazil finish second in their group then the US may end up playing them anyway  :devil:. All this talk by commentators about avoiding Brazil by winning the group is premature.

See exactly what I said happened! Yesterday when Colombia lost to CR the American commentators were in jubilation because the US finished on top the group and thought they would escape Brazil, But like I said yesterday that was premature thinking because no one should be sure if Brazil would top their group.

Ha! just realised Brazil did not even finish second. US will be playing Ecuador

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 12, 2016, 10:37:19 PM »

Ha! just realised Brazil did not even finish second. US will be playing Ecuador

We have been saved seeing the worst Brazil team ever.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 13, 2016, 04:35:41 AM »
After all we shouldn't have been too disappointed when our bench collected 4 from de same Peru,and consider they were give away goals.
Brazil!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 13, 2016, 06:12:47 PM »
mex vs ven start out at pace
I pity the fool....

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 13, 2016, 07:47:06 PM »
Hell of a goal by Corona
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 13, 2016, 07:47:46 PM »
dat have to be goal of the tourney lawd
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 13, 2016, 07:53:11 PM »
ven real ballin how dem bottom of comnebol *spellin*
I pity the fool....

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 13, 2016, 07:53:45 PM »
This is a hell of a game

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 13, 2016, 08:05:26 PM »
Great match! Spoiled by the Mexico fans throwing missiles at the Venezuela players...
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 13, 2016, 08:21:11 PM »
Great match! Spoiled by the Mexico fans throwing missiles at the Venezuela players...

They jes doh know how to behave. Tournament after tournament iz de same. Time some accountability stepped in.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 13, 2016, 08:22:46 PM »

They jes doh know how to behave. Tournament after tournament iz de same. Time some accountability stepped in.

Agreed.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 14, 2016, 12:11:10 AM »
Did Jamaica even score one goal in Copa?

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 14, 2016, 07:25:43 AM »

Yes, their coach insisted that their objective was to score at least one goal last night, and they did! An own goallllll  :D
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 14, 2016, 11:55:53 AM »

Yes, their coach insisted that their objective was to score at least one goal last night, and they did! An own goallllll  :D

We shouldn't be laughin at anybody given the circumstances
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 14, 2016, 12:19:24 PM »

It is what it is....ever forward, never backward. We will hopefully learn from our mistakes. 3 chances to qualify and we blew it....that in itself should resonate within each of the guys that I'm sure is watching the Copa as well.

So on a lighter note, I enjoyed my chuckle...where RF...the top teams in concacaf are, Mexico, CR, USA, TnT, Panama and so forth in that order

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 14, 2016, 12:53:44 PM »

It is what it is....ever forward, never backward. We will hopefully learn from our mistakes. 3 chances to qualify and we blew it....that in itself should resonate within each of the guys that I'm sure is watching the Copa as well.

So on a lighter note, I enjoyed my chuckle...where RF...the top teams in concacaf are, Mexico, CR, USA, TnT, Panama and so forth in that order

based on what?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 14, 2016, 02:32:02 PM »

based on what?

As much as we don't want to face it, Jamaica is better than us at the moment. Although we are more skillful and techically sound than them. Their strength is in their UB40s who can run hard and get behind the ball. They also get the opportunity to play more friendlies which leaves us at a huge disadvantage. However, you see the results we can get when we have the same core of players playing regularly. It's just unfortunate that we never had our best for that game (although Haiti never had their best as well ).. I do believe if both teams had their best, we would have come out victorious. Well the past is the past. Now we look onto Guatemala.

We got a huge encounter in October against Martinique. This is for a spot to the Caribbean Cup and the Gold cup. Just something to think about, if we f00k up against Guatemala and Martinique, there will be nothing to look forward to for 3 years. One last thing Martinique DOES HAVE A BETTER RECORD against us. So September and October will be very crucial..

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 14, 2016, 02:34:05 PM »
dunga done....brazil score 7 goals in de whole tournament ...all against Haiti.

Brazil fires national coach Dunga after elimination at Copa America
Brazil's football confederation has fired national coach Dunga in the wake of the team's elimination from the Copa America in the United States.

The confederation announced Dunga's dismissal in a brief statement Tuesday, adding that the search for a new coach has begun.

Gilmar Rinaldi, the team's general manager, was also fired Brazil failed to get past the group stage after drawing 0-0 with Ecuador, beating Haiti 7-1 and losing 1-0 to Peru on Sunday.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 14, 2016, 02:57:27 PM »
Yea Dunga couldn't survive after this especially with sub par performance at the WC and Copa last year-

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 14, 2016, 02:59:02 PM »

1 - Doh fuhget......we went WC and "scored a goal too".....an own goal.  At least Jamaica scored goals AND won in France

2 - We had the chance to beat Jamaica to prove that we are above them in CONCACAF.  We lost to them on penalties in the Caribbean Cup final when we had them to hang and instead decide to sabotage we own self by striking before the game.

Also......Jamaica had the misfortune to be drawn with Costa Rica, Panama, and Haiti in WCQ.  Had we had a similar group, I'm not so sure we would have survived it either.

Finally.....Jamaica made it to the Gold Cup semi finals.  We didn't.

And anybody who knows me knows I eh no Jamaica fan and I will take any opportunity to chuckle at RF dem.  But until our results change for the better......especially head to head against them......we have little to chat about.

Just my opinion eh....no disrespect intended.   :beermug:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 14, 2016, 03:07:01 PM »

1 - Doh fuhget......we went WC and "scored a goal too".....an own goal.  At least Jamaica scored goals AND won in France

2 - We had the chance to beat Jamaica to prove that we are above them in CONCACAF.  We lost to them on penalties in the Caribbean Cup final when we had them to hang and instead decide to sabotage we own self by striking before the game.

Also......Jamaica had the misfortune to be drawn with Costa Rica, Panama, and Haiti in WCQ.  Had we had a similar group, I'm not so sure we would have survived it either.

And anybody who knows me knows I eh no Jamaica fan and I will take any opportunity to chuckle at RF dem.  But until our results change for the better......especially head to head against them......we have little to chat about.

I with you on that.

We will see how September and October unfolds for us. I really don't like the draw against Martinique..

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 14, 2016, 03:24:11 PM »

I with you on that.

We will see how September and October unfolds for us. I really don't like the draw against Martinique..

Very good points, the socawarriors have blown their opportunities to be playing at this tournament, I just really don't think that Jamaica, Panama or Haiti is better than our guys. We played those 3 teams and yes we lost to them, they earned their spot. Are they better, again, I don't think so. We are no Argentina, but the brand SH has been trying to instill since 13 to now...we look technical, we move the ball on the ground as a post to Shabazz hit and hope, and we just make better runs now, collectively and individually, (look at spur midfielders and defenders scoring). Just overall progress....or is it a false sense of nothing...because we haven't made any impact in terms of getting any where...lost on penalties in the GC to Panama...

As per the original conversation...coach say score a goal and they did...yea sancho had put one in de net in 2006, that was 2006!

We are better than that what look like a make shift Jamaican team. Idc

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 14, 2016, 07:22:00 PM »
Bullet by Sanchez. Hard luck dey Panama.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 14, 2016, 08:56:26 PM »
Argentina strolling through the park

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 14, 2016, 09:34:25 PM »
Yea Dunga couldn't survive after this especially with sub par performance at the WC and Copa last year-

Better he get the axe now, than wait until  the Olympics. Because it would be a travesty for them to be the host country and put down a pile when the expectation is to win the goal medal.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 14, 2016, 10:07:35 PM »
Messi wicked for doing the keeper like that....salad jus so dread?

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 16, 2016, 08:26:44 PM »
Ecuador playing so much faeces.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 16, 2016, 08:49:44 PM »
Zeppo must be happy like a pig in mud.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>