March 29, 2024, 07:38:20 AM

Author Topic: Many thanks to our players and coaching staff for your great Gold Cup showing!!  (Read 3617 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
I would like to extent a big thank you to all our players and the coaching staff on your efforts and showing at the 2015 Gold Cup which has placed T&T firmly back onto the football map as serious 2018 World Cup qualification contenders.

Here are the things that I believe we need to work on if we want to be one of the top 3 teams in CONCACAF and to earn one of the 3 automatic spots to qualify for the 2018 World Cup:-

1. Ball Possession (to help preserve energy so we can run more efficiently for 90 minutes). We also have the habit of losing the ball to our opponents too regularly and easily on our Goal kicks (from the keeper) and throw-ins (from the players). Great ball control and ball possession needs to become one of our trade marks.

2. Player Fitness (ability to run for 90 minutes in all conditions)

3. Better and more frequent crosses into the box for Kenwyne and other players to take advantage of against shorter teams.

4. Scoring from corners kicks and set pieces (the last goal against Mexico is an example of what we should be able to do more regularly even when missiles are being thrown on the pitch)

5. Taking penalty kicks under pressure (difficult to teach in training but once we have plenty games against quality opponents we will get a chance to practice taking them in real game pressure situations).

6. Regular games against quality opponents on all FIFA dates.

7. Coaching staff and players need to be paid properly and on time and to generally be better taken care of whenever they are representing T&T with our long term goals in mind.

Once again thanks to SH and his staff and our players for a great effort for this 2015 Gold Cup.

Now onto preparing for World Cup qualification and working on all the points listed above. 

If anyone wishes to add to the list please do but let’s be proud of our team's performance when they were initially written-off by most before the start of the 2015 Gold Cup. :beermug:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 06:37:16 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

If this is what we settle for as "great" then we have low standards. You can try to twist it how many angles but T&T was not great

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
One more thing, this is a thread to appreciate the efforts of our team in the 2015 Gold Cup and to add positive points to help our team move forward positively into our World Cup qualification campaign.

If you having nothing positive to contribute then please refrain from trying to derail the purpose of this thread which is to thank our team for their efforts and to also table positive suggestions for our team moving forward.  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Thanks for that positive thread Socapro.
I would like to Cosign, as Weary would say, the thank yous and also encourage more improvements.
It was definitely a privilege to have all those thrills watching the Warriors on the world stage and I could see the respect that they earned from all the sport anchors discussing the team with fear. That performance would have also preserved out rankings which bodes well for our leverage to procure friendly games and get our players foreign contracts. Keep things together and let's keep moving. Carlisle, Hector, Justin, Gavin, Power, Glen based in Iceland, Rundell, Shannon Gomez, Akeem, Levi, Shahdon, Trimmingham, Britto ... Allyuh ready?
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Big up to everyone of them.

Good job Hartie and staff.

Big up to de players.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
For all those who think that most forumites accept mediocrity, that is very far from the truth. Most of us know that our team was inconsistent, but we saw team determination to do right. But determination will bring success sometimes. Some part of the Mexico game showed the potential to be a great team, other parts and the Panama game brought us down to earth. Our guys lack the ability to play a full 90 mins at a high level.  Our guys need time with Hart and frequent friendlies to bring their standard up. If we don't, then we looking towards the Qatar WC(well that is if FIFA comes up with a "brilliant' idea). So don't think praises for this team is an acceptance of lesser standards.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Good job Warriors, I enjoyed watching the team at the tournament and I see we're progressing. I will like the players and coaching staff to keep their heads up and use this as a benchmark to improve going forward  :beermug:

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I would like to extent a big thank you to all our players and the coaching staff on your efforts and showing at the 2015 Gold Cup which has placed T&T firmly back onto the football map as serious 2018 World Cup qualification contenders.

Here are the things that I believe we need to work on if we want to be one of the top 3 teams in CONCACAF and to earn one of the 3 automatic spots to qualify for the 2018 World Cup:-

1. Ball Possession (to help preserve energy so we can run more efficiently for 90 minutes). We also have the habit of losing the ball to our opponents too regularly and easily on our Goal kicks (from the keeper) and throw-ins (from the players). Great ball control and ball possession needs to become one of our trade marks.

2. Player Fitness (ability to run for 90 minutes in all conditions)

3. Better and more frequent crosses into the box for Kenwyne and other players to take advantage of against shorter teams.

4. Scoring from corners kicks and set pieces (the last goal against Mexico is an example of what we should be able to do more regularly even when missiles are being thrown on the pitch)

5. Taking penalty kicks under pressure (difficult to teach in training but once we have plenty games against quality opponents we will get a chance to practice taking them in real game pressure situations).

6. Regular games against quality opponents on all FIFA dates.

7. Coaching staff and players need to be paid properly and on time and to generally be better taken care of whenever they are representing T&T with our long term goals in mind.

Once again thanks to SH and his staff and our players for a great effort for this 2015 Gold Cup.

Now onto preparing for World Cup qualification and working on all the points listed above. 

If anyone wishes to add to the list please do but let’s be proud of our team's performance when they were initially written-off by most before the start of the 2015 Gold Cup. :beermug:

Well said Soca.

I don't think that this thread is an example of the forumites accepting mediocrity. As usual, the odds are always stacked against us. We tend to show character in situations like this. That in itself is something we need to be proud of.

Braveheart and the team did us proud. Although we only made the quarters, this is our best showing in a Gold cup for some time.

I know once all the kinks are worked out on the administrative level and some of the key players return, this team will be a THREAT to the big boys in Concacaf.

Good performance.. next up is Haiti

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
In four Gold Cup matches, T&T were bested by none of their opponents in open play. They beat Guatemala (3-1), Cuba (2-0) and drew with Mexico (4-4) and Panama (1-1). These are some of the same opponents the Soca Warriors will face when they enter the fourth (semi-final) round of CONCACAF qualifying for the 2018 World Cup in November.

a pity that people choose to label dat as mediocre .....Alyuh did good fellas.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 09:13:00 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Contro, cool it please. Just try to spend a li'l time saying thanks for a change.  Imagine if these fellahs were your sons and you saw them sobbing and almost convulsing while weeping like Peltier was with Hart holding his head trying to hold back tears. Sacrificing till yuh collapse with physical and emotional exhaustion eh easy for a thankless country. Or gor'.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 08:25:11 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Contro, since Sunday, your position has been expressed eminently in a variety of places across the forum. This thread may not be in accord with the view you have expressed, but there was a specific request not to taint the purpose of the thread. Please consider withdrawing that contribution from this space. You have the option of repositioning it elsewhere.

You also had the option of not responding. In fact, you still have the option of doing both.

Consider that you might have entered the zone of diminishing marginal returns.

I will remove this post once it has become clear what your course of action will be.

In the same vein, I hope no one else adds fuel to the 🔥 ... on this thread.

I don't mind removing the post but what about lefty comments which to me is not about praise but insulting someone's opinion... I think the fair thing to do if my post or removed is to have lefty edit his post, attacking other posters is not what I consider as adding substance to this thread..

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Contro, since Sunday, your position has been expressed eminently in a variety of places across the forum. This thread may not be in accord with the view you have expressed, but there was a specific request not to taint the purpose of the thread. Please consider withdrawing that contribution from this space. You have the option of repositioning it elsewhere.

You also had the option of not responding. In fact, you still have the option of doing both.

I will remove this post once it has become clear what your course of action will be.

I read where a poster called other posters 'clowns'. So Whappen dey? Dat poster escape your reprimand eh? Lol

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Good thread.  Our team is growing stronger and it is evident in the display they put on in this tournament.  While we exited at the same stage as we did last time around, I believe the team showed more hunger and desire than we have before.  Despite our record against Guatemala (in recent history) we have never been a team to totally pounce on an opponent the way we did in that opening match.  Some elected to say Guatemala is shit and so forth, yet they held mexico to a 0-0 draw which is not an easy task especially when Mexico was expecting and playing for all 3 points.  We surprised them and took them out before they even realized what hit them.  We played from behind in 2 matches and had the necessary fight, commitment, and resiliency to even the scores.  There are players that have announced themselves in this tournament showing how valuable their inclusion will be going forward.  Our players may not have earned the plaudits from a few members here but they have opened the eyes of the fans of football that were watching.  Despite usually being a team they dominate, many Mexicans and supporters of El Tri have good things to say about T&T right now.  It was weird to hear some Mexicans cheering for T&T and stating openly that they want to see us again.  That is a sign of respect.  The ones who were rooting against us also respect us believe it or not.  They simply wanted us to lose to avoid that beast up front (as one of them told me Sunday).

So for any of our warriors that may visit thank you for a pleasantly surprising and spirited display during this tournament.  As long as I have breath and could afford to I will be live to support whenever I can!

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Go against the grain then whine and inform when yuh get make out :rotfl:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Freedom of speech seeker, keep that in mind, everyone should be judged equally...

Am I the only one that showed displeasure? If you set a precedent make sure to follow through with that for everyone and not just isolated events..
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 08:51:13 AM by Controversial »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nothing that I suggested impinges on your freedom of speech or expression. In actuality it appeals to your respect of both. Think about it. Read the post again.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Nothing that I suggested impinges on your freedom of speech or expression. In actuality it appeals to your respect of both. Think about it. Read the post again.

I read and you're ignoring what was said by lefty? If that doesn't taint the thread, what exactly is it stating?

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
you would swear Lefty call Contro by name :rotfl:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

No he is trying to insult myself and Sandro prince.. It's very obvious, maybe even knd... It's called inituition and knowing a snake when you see one..

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile

No he is trying to insult myself and Sandro prince.. It's very obvious, maybe even knd... It's called inituition and knowing a snake when you see one..

Me thinks thou protests too much!  What is so hard in honoring the request of the op and just avoiding this thread all together?  Is the same thing I was talking bout the other day with you and the Tim Kee talk.  Is as if every thread that post you have to recycle the same talk.  We get it, you and SP eh see nothing worthy of praise in the tournament.  To claim people who do from thread to thread willing to accept mediocrity is just as bad if not worse than Lefty labeling anyone stating such as clowns. I sure you wont see, accept, or recognize that tho, so back to your regular scheduled programming.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
@ Sando prince ... That falls under the option of "not responding".

If allyuh didn't jump the gun, you would have witnessed another comment addressed to that.

I also thought it wasn't necessary to ask that no one quote me ... In light of the comment that I would eventually remove what I posted. Yet, here we are ... dangling on the boundaries of poor judgement.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

Me thinks thou protests too much!  What is so hard in honoring the request of the op and just avoiding this thread all together?  Is the same thing I was talking bout the other day with you and the Tim Kee talk.  Is as if every thread that post you have to recycle the same talk.  We get it, you and SP eh see nothing worthy of praise in the tournament.  To claim people who do from thread to thread willing to accept mediocrity is just as bad if not worse than Lefty labeling anyone stating such as clowns. I sure you wont see, accept, or recognize that tho, so back to your regular scheduled programming.

You have a point but enforce it all the way through nah... Don't just call out one poster when they were several and one post is against the grain of this thread... So you conveniently skip by that, because half of the post is congratulatory and othe other half is ridicule..

You set a precedent, live by it or I will call you out on it, too much hypocrites on here... I speak my mind, I don't tow the line brother..

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
You have a point but enforce it all the way through nah... Don't just call out one poster when they were several and one post is against the grain of this thread... So you conveniently skip by that, because half of the post is congratulatory and othe other half is ridicule..

You set a precedent, live by it or I will call you out on it, too much hypocrites on here... I speak my mind, I don't tow the line brother..

Can't argue with that

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
I changed it, but stand by what said earlier, in the context of all that occurred their stance is wholly without reason....I done
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 09:23:13 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Let me clear. lefty's comment did NOT escape attention. (It should also be noted that I did not address Sando prince's initial post on this thread).

On a thread such as this, lefty's comment was not well-considered. However, you'll note that after posting here I then posted a fairly long post on the TT v Mexico U-23 match thread. There was no intention of remedying one side of the coin without addressing the other.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 09:22:02 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Let me clear. lefty's comment did NOT escape attention. (It should also be noted that I did not address Sando prince's initial post on this thread).

On a thread such as this, lefty's comment was not well-considered. However, you'll note that after posting here I then posted a fairly long post on the TT v Mexico U-23 match thread. There was no intention of remedying one side of the coin without addressing the other.

Appreciated seeker, thank you for the fairness in assessment and execution...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Good thread.  Our team is growing stronger and it is evident in the display they put on in this tournament.  While we exited at the same stage as we did last time around, I believe the team showed more hunger and desire than we have before.  Despite our record against Guatemala (in recent history) we have never been a team to totally pounce on an opponent the way we did in that opening match.  Some elected to say Guatemala is shit and so forth, yet they held mexico to a 0-0 draw which is not an easy task especially when Mexico was expecting and playing for all 3 points.  We surprised them and took them out before they even realized what hit them.  We played from behind in 2 matches and had the necessary fight, commitment, and resiliency to even the scores.  There are players that have announced themselves in this tournament showing how valuable their inclusion will be going forward.  Our players may not have earned the plaudits from a few members here but they have opened the eyes of the fans of football that were watching.  Despite usually being a team they dominate, many Mexicans and supporters of El Tri have good things to say about T&T right now.  It was weird to hear some Mexicans cheering for T&T and stating openly that they want to see us again.  That is a sign of respect.  The ones who were rooting against us also respect us believe it or not.  They simply wanted us to lose to avoid that beast up front (as one of them told me Sunday).

So for any of our warriors that may visit thank you for a pleasantly surprising and spirited display during this tournament.  As long as I have breath and could afford to I will be live to support whenever I can!
Cosign @weary

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Goalkeeping department needs some work especially the cross  balls scenario. Our Goalkeepers need to be more commanding  inside the box. Secondly they need to get the ball quicker to the wingers. look at Haiti and Mexico.
 The team brought a smile to our faces and made us proud. Congrats for the fight. The journey has started. Confidence breeds confidence.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Agreed this is the second gold cup in a row that they did well

topping the group is a great monument.

definitely have something t build on.

just glad we no longer look amature.

Good Job Hart

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
Thank you players and staff for all your efforts and may you get the necessary resources to continue your good works.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

1]; } ?>