April 23, 2024, 07:09:31 AM

Author Topic: Many thanks to our players and coaching staff for your great Gold Cup showing!!  (Read 3653 times)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Much thanks to the players, coaching & support staff and fans who went out and supported.

Great post SP!

For all the supposed negatives some quick to point out, there are positives we can see emerging. I for one hoping we can build on this and looking forward to WC qualifying.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Funny - I posted this and little response to looking at the positive and the learning we could obtain from it.

BIG PICTURE- Moving Forward
Let me say that from these past two games, could serve as turning points- from this we should learn what it takes  and how it feels to be on the cupst of moving upwards,
Starting with the players- what do each player need to do to be ready for the next level? - WC qualifying- this is the bigger picture! I think the coach found out more about the players he is working with and what more is needed. More friendlies more money does not necessarily guarantee better chances of success- we may consider the type of planning preparation- both physical , mental and discipline make that is required of a professional and a commitment to a national program.
For me tne silver lining in this disappointing defeat is the opportunity to improve on the facets of the game that are required to get above where we are. I looked at the Jamaican team last game, did I see anything better than what we did? Not necessarily? They make the best of their opportunities and we simply did not - had we wonon penality kicks, all this talk would be different- but I really do think that maybe this result had to occur this way for us to grow and develop come WC playoffs- no game is a guarantee no team is a cake walk and forever we should recall that the greatest potential is i each one of us .
ABC- ADVERSITY BUILDS CHARACTER

Did our team perform beyond? Yes
Do we need to do better yes? Did we see some hope for moving forward yes.
Excuses should not be accepted- heat - humidity same for both team- jamaica did not score or winas many games nor for that matter Panama but those teams found ways to win when it mattered- this is the intangibles we also need to look at - the physical mental and emotional composition of our teams.

It has been a while since we have see this kind of display of  achievement from our national teams - are we wrong as fans to have high expectations for our teams? I think when the bar is raised and the expectations are present this helps to increase the potential for future success.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Funny - I posted this and little response to looking at the positive and the learning we could obtain from it.

BIG PICTURE- Moving Forward
Let me say that from these past two games, could serve as turning points- from this we should learn what it takes  and how it feels to be on the cupst of moving upwards,
Starting with the players- what do each player need to do to be ready for the next level? - WC qualifying- this is the bigger picture! I think the coach found out more about the players he is working with and what more is needed. More friendlies more money does not necessarily guarantee better chances of success- we may consider the type of planning preparation- both physical , mental and discipline make that is required of a professional and a commitment to a national program.
For me tne silver lining in this disappointing defeat is the opportunity to improve on the facets of the game that are required to get above where we are. I looked at the Jamaican team last game, did I see anything better than what we did? Not necessarily? They make the best of their opportunities and we simply did not - had we wonon penality kicks, all this talk would be different- but I really do think that maybe this result had to occur this way for us to grow and develop come WC playoffs- no game is a guarantee no team is a cake walk and forever we should recall that the greatest potential is i each one of us .
ABC- ADVERSITY BUILDS CHARACTER

Did our team perform beyond? Yes
Do we need to do better yes? Did we see some hope for moving forward yes.
Excuses should not be accepted- heat - humidity same for both team- jamaica did not score or winas many games nor for that matter Panama but those teams found ways to win when it mattered- this is the intangibles we also need to look at - the physical mental and emotional composition of our teams.

It has been a while since we have see this kind of display of  achievement from our national teams - are we wrong as fans to have high expectations for our teams? I think when the bar is raised and the expectations are present this helps to increase the potential for future success.

nothing is wrong with high expectations nothing is even wrong with suggesting that the team could have dug deeper even with tanks on empty but dumping on a collection effort that was far beyond what many would have imagined given all d nonsense that was taking place off the field nah man plenty wrong with dat, who vex loss... me eh cater
I pity the fool....

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
I would like to extent a big thank you to all our players and the coaching staff on your efforts and showing at the 2015 Gold Cup which has placed T&T firmly back onto the football map as serious 2018 World Cup qualification contenders.

Here are the things that I believe we need to work on if we want to be one of the top 3 teams in CONCACAF and to earn one of the 3 automatic spots to qualify for the 2018 World Cup:-

1. Ball Possession (to help preserve energy so we can run more efficiently for 90 minutes). We also have the habit of losing the ball to our opponents too regularly and easily on our Goal kicks (from the keeper) and throw-ins (from the players). Great ball control and ball possession needs to become one of our trade marks.

2. Player Fitness (ability to run for 90 minutes in all conditions)

3. Better and more frequent crosses into the box for Kenwyne and other players to take advantage of against shorter teams.

4. Scoring from corners kicks and set pieces (the last goal against Mexico is an example of what we should be able to do more regularly even when missiles are being thrown on the pitch)

5. Taking penalty kicks under pressure (difficult to teach in training but once we have plenty games against quality opponents we will get a chance to practice taking them in real game pressure situations).

6. Regular games against quality opponents on all FIFA dates.

7. Coaching staff and players need to be paid properly and on time and to generally be better taken care of whenever they are representing T&T with our long term goals in mind.

Once again thanks to SH and his staff and our players for a great effort for this 2015 Gold Cup.

Now onto preparing for World Cup qualification and working on all the points listed above. 

If anyone wishes to add to the list please do but let’s be proud of our team's performance when they were initially written-off by most before the start of the 2015 Gold Cup. :beermug:

Eight years ago- Have we worked on any of these? Same Sht different pile - year in and year out for decades!!!!!

1]; } ?>