March 28, 2024, 04:52:23 PM

Author Topic: Thema Williams Thread  (Read 11109 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Thema Williams Thread
« on: July 24, 2015, 03:01:43 PM »
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 01:46:56 AM by Flex »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thema Williams bound for Rio
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 07:45:37 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6SMDI7n5VU&feature=youtu.be

Did not know Thema existed. all I have read about is Marisa Dick. Good luck!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
'Thema Williams', T&T Star Gymnast
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 04:10:12 PM »

Gymnast Williams off to world championships

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2011/09/30/gymnast-williams-world-championships

T&T’s highest ranking gymnast, Thema Williams, will make history as the only female gymnast to represent the country in a world championship next week. Williams left T&T last night for New York and is expected to arrive in Tokyo, Japan, this afternoon to participate in the Artistic Gymnastics World Championships which begins next Friday. At a press conference on Wednesday, held at ToTs and Tumblers Gymnastics Club, Williams put on her final routine performance, giving her club-mates, family, sponsors and well-wishers an idea of some of the moves which she will be performing in Japan. Tots & Tumblers coach Clifton Mc Dowell was present along with  coach Deborah Garcia, who will both be accompanying Williams.  Director of Sport at the Ministry of Sport, Dave Bobb was also on hand to offer support for Williams. “We have here, a gymnast who will make us proud. T&T will be seen through the eyes of gymnastics.”

Describing Williams’ travels as a “wonderful occasion”, Bobb added that the Ministry will continue to support Williams in her upcoming ventures. The Ministry has assisted Williams since 2008.  American Airlines has also donated two return tickets from New York to Japan. In Japan, Williams will have to complete four routines: the vault, bars, beam and floor, in order to have a realistic chance of placing. Her results will determine whether she becomes the first  female gymnast from T&T to qualify for a Summer Olympic Games, the next of which will be held in London, England, next year. Williams, who was previously nominated for Sportswoman of the year, has many personal credits to her name, including an AA Gold in a Friendship Classic in Pennsylvania, USA, in 2008.

More recently, Williams participated in the Senior Pan American Gymnastics Championships in Mexico last year, where she placed 34th in All Around Competitive out of 76 gymnasts. She  took first place in "Single Athlete Countries". Williams has trained with Tots & Tumblers since 2000, a year after they were established. The gym now trains over 90 competitive athletes. She has trained with her current coaches, Mc Dowell and Garcia since she was six years old. Mc Dowell has accompanied Williams in her travels across the western hemisphere to nations including Peru, Mexico, Jamaica and the USA, all of which she has competed in tournaments.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 'Thema Williams', T&T Star Gymnast
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 04:12:53 PM »

VIDEO Report; https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/videos/10153723945302996/

SPORT INSIGHT - THEMA WILLIAMS

Last Friday we told you of Thema Williams' success on the beams of the World Championships.

Well, it was enough to see her through to the Olympic test event which is one step away from the Olympics.

Ryan Bachoo visited the club where it all started for Thema.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 'Thema Williams', T&T Star Gymnast
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 04:40:19 PM »
Good Luck!

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 03:09:45 PM »
Confusion over Williams and Dick for Rio Olympic gymnastics

T&T’s Marisa Dick ended 77th overall.

Jelani Beckles the mother of national gymnast Thema Williams is concerned about her daughter’s participation at the Rio Olympics, stating that the T&T Gymnastics Federation (TTGF) is not following the selection policy that was set. On Thursday, on the popular Isports programme (i95.5fm) hosted by Andre Errol Baptiste, a lot of concerns were raised by Williams’ mother Helen Adams.

Adams is claiming that her daughter should be the one selected to represent T&T at the Olympic Test Event in Rio, Brazil in April 2016 as she currently has a higher ranking than fellow national gymnast Marisa Dick. Williams and Dick both competed in the artistic women’s individual qualification at the World Gymnastics Championships in Glasgow, with Williams finishing 59th and Dick ending 77th overall. 

Adams stated the selection policy of the TTGF states, “The WAG (Women’s Artistic Gymnastics) gymnast who scores the highest all-around score at the World Gymnastics Championships in Glasgow 2015 will be the athlete selected by the TTGF Selection Committee to move forward to represent T&T at the Olympic Test Event in Rio, Brazil in April 2016 once her scores allow her selection by the International Federation of Gymnastics to this event.”

On the radio show Adams said, “A selection policy was established by the T&T Gymnastics Federation as it relates to the Rio Olympics, and this was given to everyone, and so after the last event, the rankings read Thema (Williams) in 59th position and Marisa (Dick) in 77th position. If there is only one spot, Thema, based on this should be the automatic choice.”

Adams added: “Instead, we are now being told, that the two girls (Williams and Dick) will have to compete in two more events, and then they will decide again who is representing T&T, but this is not right, it is not fair.”

“At this time, Thema should be preparing for the Olympic Trials in 2016, but instead, this is happening, which cannot be good for her mind, and even though we are asking questions, as to what is causing this, we are not getting much answers from anyone in the Association.”

The T&T Guardian has also learnt, that John Geddert, the coach of Thema Williams, has since sent two emails to the president of the T&T Gymnastics Federation David Marquez, and has not received a reply to date. The first email was sent on Monday and the second was sent on Thursday.

Sport Minister gets involved

Also appearing on Isports was the Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs Daryl Smith, who admitted, that he had heard some of this before but needed to listen to the two sides. Smith said: “We have only heard one (side), but if this is happening, we will check and get the full details. I have not seen any correspondence as yet to the Ministry of Sports, but it is something that we are going to examine as we believe in placing the athletes first and ensuring that all sporting organisations operate transparently and fairly.”

Adams planned to hand deliver all the relevant documents to the Minister of Sports yesterday in the hope that this matter could be quickly resolved through the intervention of the Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs.

guardian
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 03:11:20 PM by royal »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 05:48:53 PM »
^^ Interesting. I hope this can be sorted out soon.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 07:39:54 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 07:24:18 AM »

Thema gets the green light to compete at Rio Test event

http://www.looptt.com/content/thema-gets-green-light-compete-rio-test-event

The Trinidad and Tobago Gymnastics Federation has officially confirmed that Thema Williams will represent Trinidad and Tobago at the Olympic Test Qualifier in Rio next month.

The TTGF this evening issued a release with this confirmation stating that Williams is "the FIG Elite Gymnast to participate and represent Trinidad and Tobago at the Aquece Final Gymnastics Qualifier which takes place 13th to 18th April 2016."

"Ms Williams qualified along with teammate Marisa Dick for the single Trinidad and Tobago country spot at the World Gymnastics Championships held in Glasgow, October 2015. Thema attained the highest score and the opportunity to represent Trinidad at  the test event," the release said.

The release noted that in accordance with the athlete agreement, both gymnasts must submit a medical report/clearance to compete in the weeks leading up to the Test Event to ensure their continued fitness.

The TTGF said it is monitoring Williams' fitness noting that in his 2016 January to March  monthly reports, Williams’ coach John Geddert advised the Federation that the young gymnast has not yet been able to train landings because of a knee injury.

"This situation will be monitored closely to ensure that Thema will be competition ready for her Test Event," the release said.

The release made no mention of Williams' and Dick's topless photos or the meeting of a disciplinary committee that the Federation initially said would be called to deal with the issue.

Williams' confirmation comes one day before the TTGF had to declare its final choice for the upcoming Olympic Test Event or face a fine.

Earlier today, Williams' coach condemned the TTGF after she was barred from participating in a Level 10 US meet.

That led to claims on social media that the TTGF was attempting to block Williams from participating in the Test event in Rio.

In accordance with the athlete agreement, both gymnasts must submit a medical report / clearance to compete, in the weeks leading up to the Test Event—to ensure their continued fitness.

In his 2016 January to March  monthly reports, Williams’ coach John Geddert advised the Federation that the young gymnast has not yet been able to train landings because of a knee injury. This situation will be monitored closely to ensure that Thema will be competition ready for her Test Event.

The TTGF congratulates Thema Williams and wishes her continued success.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2016, 07:44:39 PM »
Olympic gymnastics hopeful Thema Williams has been withdrawn as T&T's representative in Brazil. According to the Trinidad & Tobago Gymnastics Federation early this morning, they made an emergency decision to pull Thema Williams from the test event in Rio due to an injury. Thema is to be replaced by alternate Marisa Dick.
WATCH: https://www.facebook.com/csportslive/videos/1155643797820584/
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 09:13:21 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 08:48:59 PM »
Olympic gymnastics hopeful Thema Williams has been withdrawn as T&T's representative in Brazil. According to the Trinidad & Tobago Gymnastics Federation early this morning, they made an emergency decision to pull Thema Williams from the test event in Rio due to an injury. Thema is to be replaced by alternate Marisa Dick.
WATCH: https://www.facebook.com/csportslive/videos/1155643797820584/

According to the rules, there was a 5p.m. deadline on Saturday in which Thema could have been re-instated. This deadline lapsed and her legal team has filed a Statement of Appeal and a Certificate of Urgency.

WATCH: https://www.facebook.com/csportslive/videos/1155644874487143/
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 09:13:52 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2016, 08:54:58 PM »
Smells like major bullshit

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2016, 07:01:37 AM »
TTOC exposed to legal liability based on a national sporting organisation/governing body's decision.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2016, 07:04:04 AM »
This entire situation is really unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2016, 01:15:05 PM »
This entire situation is really unbelievable.

We major on that in this 2x4 Banana Republic.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2016, 08:45:51 PM »

The Trinidad and Tobago Gymnastics Federation held a press conference this evening amidst mounting public pressure for responses regarding Thema William's untimely withdrawal. The Federation who has retained Attorney at Lawrence Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj wasn't willing to answer any legal questions, but president David Marquez did make a statement after reading out the report sent from Thema’s coach John Geddert

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UQC4_XhV51I&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UQC4_XhV51I&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
MARISA DICK SPEAKS TO CNC3 SPORT - FULL INTERVIEW
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2016, 11:04:27 AM »
MARISA DICK SPEAKS TO CNC3 SPORT - FULL INTERVIEW
Date: Monday, April 25, 2016

Gymnast Marisa Dick speaks to Sport Director Robert Dumas.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-kskGOrMAoA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-kskGOrMAoA</a>
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 11:17:14 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2016, 06:30:39 AM »
The Dick's are just another Canadian thief come down here to rob us. Seem like we like to tek dick.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2016, 11:42:09 AM »
The Dick's are just another Canadian thief come down here to rob us. Seem like we like to tek dick.
speak for yuhself..not the us. Whatever u like to tek, tek it man, yuh doh have to let everybody know

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2016, 11:45:26 AM »
We should have no issues with our foreign born representing us. Football(Me Mum, Boucaud, Arin), TF(Jarin, Khalifa) and Swimming(Bovel, the Goins) have been the main beneficiaries so far. They have worked wonders for us. Gymnastics is the same. But honestly, the gym fed really f...ked up on this one. The showed their true colors. But if she does go to Rio, which appears to be the case,  I wish her all the best.  But I will not support this fed. until they get rid of those in charge, or until those in charge remove their color glasses and stop playing favoritism.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2016, 12:50:12 PM »
Deeks, I could only speak for myself, the benefits to us has been zilch.. as a matter of fact it has cost my children quite a bit financially as well as psychologically. Although they feel very close to T &T, they are constantly reminded they are not. And it only because they are aware of their roots and family and the representing of such they we were able to convince them and they bought into who they are representing, whenever they step out of our house. One of their main concerns has always been not taking someone place, awards and rewards,, which we demonstrated at the highest levels they are not. This gymnastics situation however was completely different and definitely wrong decision making by administrative parties, but to be hating on the person who trying to represent ? that is bullshit I can't help shovel, especially since ppl loading it up for no other reason than to be noticed. I try to and encourage ppl to contribute/act and not just talk. It why i was posted out. But to then see ppl attack the few ppl we have offering to do, that is ridiculous. They rather not be represented at all. Not fine by me, but if they manage to convince my kids otherwise, then I live with whatever decision those kids make. As a parent and friend to my children, friends and family, i don't make them do anything, i show them options, whatever their decision, i try to help. As i said, it's the ppl that show the love will benefit.

add: luckily for TT, and myself, imo, the love and support from TT has so far outweighed the negativity demonstrated, thus we Trini-Canadians try to reciprocate.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 12:56:44 PM by maxg »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2016, 03:41:38 PM »
.... as a matter of fact it has cost my children quite a bit financially as well as psychologically. Although they feel very close to T &T, they are ....

What I was trying to say is that TT benefits the most from the foreign born athletes. Some or most have had a higher level of training in whatever discipline that they are participating in. The foreign athlete more than likely will have to foot the bill to come to TT to participate. It is a financial challenge for both the local and foreign parents. I spoke to Jabari Baptiste dad, Brian, at a QRC get together this past carnival. He foots a considerable or most of his son's bills for travelling, etc, etc. But again, if Marisa rep. us in Rio, I will back her. But I feel for Thema because she is just as good and appears slightly better than Marisa. Unfortunately only one could go. The fed. is the group that should be taking the blows here.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 10:15:04 PM by Deeks »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2016, 07:36:43 PM »

We should have no issues with our foreign born representing us. Football(Me Mum, Boucaud, Arin), TF(Jarin, Khalifa) and Swimming(Bovel, the Goins) have been  the main beneficiariessome benefactors so far. They have worked wonders for us. Gymnastics is the same. But honestly, the gym fed really f...ked up on this one. The showed their true colors. But if she does go to Rio, which appears to be the case,  I wish her all the best.  But I will not support this fed. until they get rid of those in charge, or until those in charge remove their color glasses and stop playing favoritism.
got you..

as i said God blessed me with ignorance as to the cost and time of swimming, cause Had i know, i would have missed out on one of the greatest adventures and fun challenges of my parenthood and life. Yet when it comes to publicly sharing and giving or taking credits for those developments by representing and promoting a nation, and be ridiculed for it. To a sane man it feels like God playing a lil joke. Luckily ppl still say I half crack. So best I just laugh and trust her.  ;)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2016, 01:15:58 AM »

International gymnastics coach John Geddert speaks to Darian Marcelle and Ralph Maraj of I95.5FM about the sordid saga involving his charge Thema Williams and the Trinidad and Tobago Gymnastics Federation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9dE6AaqExE
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2016, 04:48:25 PM »
I guess I can see where the coach's letter may have given the fed. cause to withdraw Thema. But I think the fed. should have called him. They said they called him, he said he had just one missed call. So much confusion.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2016, 04:27:24 PM »

Thema wants $11.4m in damages*

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20160522/news/thema-wants-114m-in-damages

TRINIDAD AND Tobago gymnast Thema Williams is seeking a total of $11.4 million in damages from Ricardo Lue Shue, Donna Lue Shue, David Marquez, Akil Wattley in their personal capacities and from the Trinidad and Tobago Gymnastics Federation (TTGF) for breach of contract, unlawful interference with contractual rights and relations, among other violations.
Thema’s attorney Keith Scotland issued a pre-action protocol letter to the Lue Shues, Marquez, Wattley and the TTGF last Monday.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2016, 07:19:41 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6-Sd1QJRc0c&amp;spfreload=10" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6-Sd1QJRc0c&amp;spfreload=10</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2016, 07:54:41 PM »
#brightfuture

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Thema Williams Thread
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2017, 01:48:11 AM »
Gymnast widens scope Olympic legal action
Thema goes after TTOC
T&T Guardian

May will mark a year since Thema Williams formally opened a lawsuit against the Trinidad and Tobago Gymnastics Federation over its decision to pull her from the 2016 Olympic Games, and yesterday she took another step in what seems likely a long court battle.

A day after winning a preliminary case to have the lawsuit heard in the High Court, Williams and her legal team yesterday turned their attention to the Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee.

Senior Counsel Martin Daly presented nine questions which, if answered, his team feels can provide clarity on how the drama unfolded prior to the Rio Olympic Games.

His first question was the key question: “What investigations did they (TTOC) conduct into the Gymnastics Federation’s withdrawal of Thema from the Rio Test Event and from the Rio Olympics before they decided to ratify an athlete to replace Thema?”

He then followed up questioning the basis of what information was received and from whom did the TTOC make their decision to ratify?

The announcement of the latest action was made during a press conference at the offices of Keith Scotland in Port-of-Spain.

For most of the press conference, Williams sat silent in the middle of Daly and Scotland.

In Justice Frank Seepersad’s favourable ruling the day before, he outlined that “there is a very evident public interest concern in this matter and the selection process for representation at the Olympics.”

Daly used this as ammunition in his opening statements, calling on the TTOC to answer questions “particularly as documents have now been disclosed that demonstrate that the TTOC was in regular touch with the Gymnastics Federation.”

Williams had openly stated that the Olympic Committee never contacted her for a statement after she was pulled from the Rio Olympic Games and replaced by Marisa Dick. Her legal team is questioning the decision to replace her and if it was done on a one-sided basis.

The TTOC has argued that their meeting on May 30th, 2016 “considered all issues”. Guardian Media Sports wrote to the body’s president, Brian Lewis, who is currently in Uruguay, seeking answers to these questions, but had no response up until press time.

Daly’s argument for both his client and the country is that answers to these questions can provide a clearer understanding into T&T’s historical but controversial gymnastics entry into the Olympic Games.

THEMA WINS 1ST ROUND
High Court appropriate forum for matter to be dealt with
By Rickie Ramdass

NATIONAL gymnast Thema Williams has won round one of her multi-million dollar lawsuit against the Trinidad and Tobago Gymnastics Federation (TTGF) which was filed after she was pulled from competing in last year’s Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Williams emerged victorious on a preliminary point at the Hall of Justice in Port of Spain yesterday, when High Court Judge Frank Seepersad ruled against the TTGF on an issue it had previously raised. It had argued that the High Court was not the proper forum for the matter to be heard and that it should instead be resolved by way of dispute resolution.

The TTGF was seeking to have the court rule that the issue should be ventilated by way of closed-door dispute resolution proceedings which would have resulted in the outcome of such proceedings be strictly confidential.

Williams is seeking $11.38 million in compensation from the TTGF for its alleged “harsh and oppressive” actions against her which, she said, shattered her dreams of qualifying for the Olympic Games held last August. She was replaced by alternate athlete Marisa Dick who instead participated in the event.

T&T GYMNAST: Thema Williams

« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 01:36:48 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2017, 07:21:17 AM »
Not questioning Miss Williams dispute or contention. She has every right to standup for injustice. I do have a problem with the amount of payback. However, besides a free plane ticket and weekend competing at the Olympics - the greatest showcase in the world, how much millions Marisa Dick get or entitled to? Any endorsements ? Anything ? How much is a right to compete and get yuh tail buss is really worth ? How many of our athletes selected, actually represent at many competitions, including Olympics, what has been their payout and how many did it on their own dime ? How many sacrificed and didn't make it ? How many footballers that should have been selected but wasn't ? How many ppl in the service of the country have lost their lives in the line of duty ? ..I digress
So far swimming has cost us over 400K TT, Olympics is still only a dream. I am hoping one of my kids can represent TT at that event. Canada has invested ~100k TT in them. we are looking at putting out a minimum of another 500 K TT, before the window has passed. Even if they go and win a Gold, we may not recoup any of these finances. Would it be in our best interest to hope for them being unfairly selected and "harshly and oppressively" treated. I don't think so. We went into this for health and personal life development. We hope not to lose life,  mental or physical capacity, we hope for them to leave this life with some measure of personal accomplishment, development  and memories, and that is what we have funded, Yet, if they are unfairly treated, of course we will protest and make it known, and try to ensure that it doesn't happen to anybody again....but to put a dollar value, not sure I can... yet, I bet some lawyers are quite versed in gauging these cost.

Just a thought eh... I hope to hear stuff to change my mind..
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 07:24:59 AM by maxg »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2017, 01:40:52 AM »
Questions to answer
TTOC called to account for handling of Thema matter
By Garth Wattley (Express)

The attorneys for gymnast Thema Williams have questions for the Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee. And they want them answered soon — in the public interest.

Following their latest court appearance in Williams' lawsuit against members of the Trinidad and Tobago Gymnastics Federation on Tuesday, Senior Counsel Martin Daly, the lead attorney, and Keith Scotland addressed the media yesterday, along with their client and turned the focus on the national Olympic body and it's handling of the selection of the country's gymnastics representative for last year's Rio Olympics.

Williams had been controversially replaced at the Rio Test Event —an Olympic qualifier—on the grounds of injury, by Marissa Dick who went on to earn T&T's first-ever spot at the Olympics in gymnastics.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>