March 29, 2024, 05:33:16 AM

Author Topic: Pedigree!  (Read 1903 times)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pedigree!
« on: July 26, 2015, 03:34:58 AM »
Winfried Schäfer, Jamaica coach - German Football

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEXs9JicuOk
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pedigree!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 04:14:30 AM »
not pedigree, quick fixes. i would rather have a local like hart as a technical director who cares for football in his home land and will stay the course to aid and develop football on the islands rather than to have a super coach who would come in for a few years and accomplish great results but when he leaves things go back to square one.

not trying to compete with jamaica but i personally believe that we have way more talent and potential than they but lack the developmental infrastructure to propel football in trinidad and tobago forward. we have very lazy destructive people in and around sports in trinbago with no vision, and if that could be curbed then we have the ability to be on par with nations like uraguay and the netherlands. but until people in trinidad treat with sports on a serious professional level then there would always be the seesaw effect where we experience highs and lows with limited progress. this is one of the many reasons why i wish coach hart would stay the course and not be dissuaded by the incompetence and petty squabbles between the federation and the sports ministry. we desperately need a reformer to revive our football and create generations of great footballers coaches and fans. not some great motivator maverick coach who wants a vacation in an island paradise for a time just to stroke his ego. we saw where that got them with semones.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 09:02:49 PM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 04:24:50 AM »
quick fixes is whats destroying football in the caribbean. we need steady development programs across the cfu region with sustainability programs and infrastructure together with a cfu super league, that would work wonders for the region as a whole. i think they just solve that problem with cricket by creating a caribbean cricket league and just look at the positive results. could you only imagine what wonders a regional league would do for football?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 04:29:05 AM by pull stones »

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 09:57:21 AM »
 Pull stones .. I am in absolute agreement  with you as it relates to Coach Stephen Hart  being   Kept as Coach  of the national team ..and  will even go as far as advocating for him as T/D  of football ..  As a matter of fact  his contribution to the national team's progress  since his appointment as Coach is clearly visible  for all to see..!  So   with that being said, it will be wise that   Coach Stephen Hart  be  given all the necessary tools available  to do his job effectively .!!  He  Coach Mr Hart /  his staff and his players deserves  nothing less..!! I'd like add by saying thanks to Stephen Hart for your sacrifice, patience and love for TnT./.football  and the players .... wishing you all the very as journey continues.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 11:29:41 AM »
We saw what happened when Theodore Whitmore and then Russell Latapy were thrown in the lions den.
And we saw what happened when Rene Simons and Leo Beenhakker were in charge.

While Jamaica has world class coaches and administrators in track and field athletics and netball to a lesser extent, our football is largely amateur.  The big problem in establishing a Caribbean wide football league is very obvious... great distance between countries, its cheaper to fly to Miami or Atlanta from Kingston than it is to fly to Port Of Spain or Georgetown.

Costa Rica will get rid of Wanchope soon... if he doesn't turn things around, Costa Rica has been terrible under him.

Carl Brown was Jamaica national team coach for close to 25 years, or it felt like it... yes, he won a couple Caribbean cups, but that was as far as he was able to get us.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 11:32:09 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 12:48:44 PM »

Pedigree yuh say? American football (or soccer like they say) fans are not talking about Klinsman pedigree right now eh  :D

My point is one only point to pedigree when team is doing well, if team does not do well pedigree get lost in his train of taught

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 03:22:34 PM »
Sando prince sir....lets not forget Klinsmann was outfoxed by another German....who knew his tactics alot more than the average Joe..
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Pedigree!
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 04:05:01 PM »
What I didn't see in this Jamaica team over the tournament was natural flair.  That might be because of the number of Brits that started.  About 7 of the first 11 in the final vs Mexico were British-born.  They're disciplined in keeping the team's shape, but that natural Caribbean flair is not in them.  We need to be mindful of the mix, when we attempt to recruit the foreign-born that are eligible to play for us.  If they're not better than what is available domestically, no point in selecting them.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 04:06:54 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 04:08:51 PM »
SH is the pedigree you speak of...

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 09:23:25 AM »
What I didn't see in this Jamaica team over the tournament was natural flair.  That might be because of the number of Brits that started.  About 7 of the first 11 in the final vs Mexico were British-born.  They're disciplined in keeping the team's shape, but that natural Caribbean flair is not in them.  We need to be mindful of the mix, when we attempt to recruit the foreign-born that are eligible to play for us.  If they're not better than what is available domestically, no point in selecting them.

While I agree that flair was lacking, discipline was at the forefront.  So selecting foreign born for our squad could help to push more discipline at certain positions.  I will agree they should be at least of equal skill and ability (if not better) to be selected tho.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 10:23:08 AM »
You all could talk all the predigree this and foreign born that. At the end of the day all roads to major world tournaments leads thru Mexico. Yes they have had the close calls go for them, especially in this tournament. But when you see a Mexico team play, you see structure, discipline,flair,stamina and fitness. They lose very little, they win most. Maybe we just may need a Mexican coach. :devil:

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 02:05:55 PM »
You all could talk all the predigree this and foreign born that. At the end of the day all roads to major world tournaments leads thru Mexico. Yes they have had the close calls go for them, especially in this tournament. But when you see a Mexico team play, you see structure, discipline,flair,stamina and fitness. They lose very little, they win most. Maybe we just may need a Mexican coach. :devil:

I go stick with Hart.  What we need is a conditioning coach from Mexico and resources to pay them.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 02:37:27 PM »

I go stick with Hart.  What we need is a conditioning coach from Mexico and resources to pay them.

Let me clarify. I am in no way advocating Hart dismissal and bring a Mex. coach.  Far from the truth. I think Hart has what it takes to carry us to the WC. He can do that providing his plans are not sabotaged by the TTFA and to some extent the MoS. What I am trying say is we should copy some of the Mexican way of playing football. They have always been the best in the region by far. And in every age level they have won regional and international tournament. But many of us can't see us emulating the Aztecs for whatever reasons. Allyuh could figure out allyuh own prejudices. I look at Mex football regularly and it is just as exiting as the premier league. Fast paced, skills, long shots stringing some inept goalies. Well of course plenty fouls and feigning. You can't have everything your way. I enjoy Mex. football. Maybe  the TTFA should invite the Mex. federation to hold courses in Mexican coaching.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 02:40:11 PM by Deeks »

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 03:19:15 PM »

you on to something here my brother.  i don't know what kind of studies coaches do but surely some TnT coach has done a case study of the Mexican model to see what we can glean from them structure wise.

1]; } ?>