April 19, 2024, 12:12:31 AM

Author Topic: Is the HCS stadium ready for WCQ's ? Football Supporter/Min of Sport?  (Read 5372 times)

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kevin, maybe you can shed some light on this.

Is the Ministry of Sport planning on giving the HCS a much needed facelift for the upcoming qualifiers in November? or maybe even friendlies in September and October?

What is the state of the pitch? Why haven't we replaced the pitch with a top class grass surface and maintain it? That current pitch is the same field from 2000 when the HCS was upgraded for the 2001 u17 World Cup. That is 15 Carnivals with Machel etc destroying the surface.

Stephen Hart complained time and time again that the surface isnt watered before kick off making it a dry pitch to play on. Why don't we have a groundstaff comparable to higher level Concacaf to deal with these requests? Why should we be at a disadvantage at home?

Are they going to allow SSFL to destroy the surface between September and November? The national team should take priority and School Football should be on School grounds.

Is the dressing rooms of standard?

Lastly, in March when T&T played Panama the game was switched to Ato Boldon Stadium because the HCS was booked for some minor track event.

Is it not common sense to put a block on International Dates at the HCS? The FIFA dates are available for years in advance.
From FIFA:
31 August - 08 September- Official or Friendly Matches
05-13 October   -             Official or Friendly Matches
09-17 November   -             Official or Friendly Matches

It is time to make our National Stadium a fortress for qualifiers and also comfortable for the supporters. Run down Bathrooms and poor lighting throughout the stadium must be sorted out. Young kids should not be subject to that at a Sporting Event.

We pay taxes for these reasons to see our money go to upgrading of facilities in Sport, Education, Health etc.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
great post/request
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I can tell you that CONCACAF have approved the stadium for Champions League! There was some approval given for major upgrades to HCS, though I'm not sure when they will begin, as it would likely mean the stadium would be out of action for many months. 

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I can tell you that CONCACAF have approved the stadium for Champions League! There was some approval given for major upgrades to HCS, though I'm not sure when they will begin, as it would likely mean the stadium would be out of action for many months.

World Cup qualifiers are November, March and September. Logically after the March fixtures those major upgrades should be done.

In the mean time minor upgrades such as electrical issues and facility issues such as bathrooms etc should be dealt with.

Lastly the pitch should be maintained and no school football on it this season. It should be in great condition come November and Hart's requests of pre match watering should be facilitated.

Very simple requests if you ask me.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

World Cup qualifiers are November, March and September. Logically after the March fixtures those major upgrades should be done.

In the mean time minor upgrades such as electrical issues and facility issues such as bathrooms etc should be dealt with.

Lastly the pitch should be maintained and no school football on it this season. It should be in great condition come November and Hart's requests of pre match watering should be facilitated.

Very simple requests if you ask me.

Sounds fair enough to me too!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
In an ideal world, some of it make sense, but TT is not an ideal country. It is a country functioning on chaos. Those with money-power feel ideally at home in this settings. ThoseWC cup games are going to be played in the stadium in the exact state it is in right now. mark my word. Maybe a few here or there domestic improvements. That's it. If a club team and/or the MNT can draw 15 to 20 thousand a game, we probably may see some changes. As long as football scrunching. Here, take this piece of fray bake or palhouri.

Some of forumites have a disdain for SSFL. School football is part of TT DNA. It is no detriment to TT football. This kind of football still provide players to the MNT. Intercol still bring fun, passion and money to football.  The only people who trying to kill are the naysayers. The proleague match can't even draw crowds like some intercollegiate games. Secondly, TF is not minor.why can't they get to use the stadium. It is a multipurpose stadium. TF should be given the same rights as football. The problem with HCS is a maintenance problem. Then it a management issue.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 12:57:15 PM by Deeks »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
In an ideal world, some of it make sense, but TT is not an ideal country. It is a country functioning on chaos. Those with money-power feel ideally at home in this settings. ThoseWC cup games are going to be played in the stadium in the exact state it is in right now. mark my word. Maybe a few here or there domestic improvements. That's it. If a club team and/or the MNT can draw 15 to 20 thousand a game, we probably may see some changes. As long as football scrunching. Here, take this piece of fray bake or palhouri.

Some of forumites have a disdain for SSFL. School football is part of TT DNA. It is no detriment to TT football. This kind of football still provide players to the MNT. Intercol still bring fun, passion and money to football.  The only people who trying to kill are the naysayers. The proleague match can't even draw crowds like some intercollegiate games. Secondly, TF is not minor.why can't they get to use the stadium. It is a multipurpose stadium. TF should be given the same rights as football. The problem with HCS is a maintenance problem. Then it a management issue.

The problem is that HCS is not a football stadium!!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

the capped age for SSFL should be 16, then they need to be attached to a club to develop their game, hopefully an earlier age would be preferred..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

the capped age for SSFL should be 16, then they need to be attached to a club to develop their game, hopefully an earlier age would be preferred..

The 16 yrs would be ideal. But the schools could decide to still have their over 16 football. The pro league would have up the ante. You can't prevent the scools from having their intercol. Most of them have their own fields anyway. Bad as they are. I am not against pro football. But the approach to it must be different in TT.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

The 16 yrs would be ideal. But the schools could decide to still have their over 16 football. The pro league would have up the ante. You can't prevent the scools from having their intercol. Most of them have their own fields anyway. Bad as they are. I am not against pro football. But the approach to it must be different in TT.

this over 16 age football in high school is counter productive... they should be attached before to clubs.. the pro league and national fed need to clamp down on this and put pressure on the ssfl, they are not improving our youth football

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Is the HCS stadium ready for WCQ's ? Football Supporter/Min of Sport?
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 05:06:27 PM »
DEEKS...yea Intercol DNA etc...cool..but staying on the HCS thread...the kids should be looking for the highlight of the season like playing a FINAL at the HSC...like the FA cup final in Wembley...thats why the fans sing " we going to wembley "..or BERLIN in Germany etc...

not normal school matches in the HSC...it should be used as prestige...anyhow...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 08:03:19 PM »
DEEKS...yea Intercol DNA etc...cool..but staying on the HCS thread...the kids should be looking for the highlight of the season like playing a FINAL at the HSC...like the FA cup final in Wembley...thats why the fans sing " we going to wembley "..or BERLIN in Germany etc...

not normal school matches in the HSC...it should be used as prestige...anyhow...

i agree but when does the prestige end???

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2015, 10:21:37 PM »
listen fellas, who going to stop over 16 school football. The SSFL will take allyuh to court. What about those who parents not interested in their kids playing pro ball. The proleague will have to open their own schools. Then they will have total control of the kids. Tell me how this plan should work. Because I just can't see it working. Or unless the govt step and dedicate some schools for footbal.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 10:37:25 PM by Deeks »

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 04:52:47 PM »
World Cup qualifying fixtures announced. Hope to see the HCS booked for the National Team and the pitch and facilities up to scratch for Coach Hart and his men  :beermug:

Home Fixtures:

NOVEMBER 17TH 2015 : TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO VS USA

MARCH 29TH 2016 : TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO VS SVG/ARUBA

SEPTEMBER 2ND 2016: TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO VS GUA/ANTIGUA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 07:03:09 AM »
I guess that the Central F.C. vs La Galaxy in September will be a good test of the facility. This is also likely to be the biggest television audience in history for a football match in T&T. (I'm not sure about the viewership for the T&T vs England game).

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 07:21:54 AM »
I guess that the Central F.C. vs La Galaxy in September will be a good test of the facility. This is also likely to be the biggest television audience in history for a football match in T&T. (I'm not sure about the viewership for the T&T vs England game).

I think you on cloud 9

T&T vs Mexico
T&T vs USA
T&T vs 2006 World Cup Games
T&T vs England
T&T vs Argentina
Joe Public vs NE Revs
W Connection vs Red Bulls
W Connection vs Houston Dynamo
W Connection vs Chivas
W Connection vs Guadalajara
Defence Force vs Pachuca

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 07:30:49 AM »

I think you on cloud 9

T&T vs Mexico
T&T vs USA
T&T vs 2006 World Cup Games
T&T vs England
T&T vs Argentina
Joe Public vs NE Revs
W Connection vs Red Bulls
W Connection vs Houston Dynamo
W Connection vs Chivas
W Connection vs Guadalajara
Defence Force vs Pachuca

Well, I don't have the facts on those games. However, Champions League has definitely increased in viewership. Couple that with the attraction of Gerrard and Dos Santos. Also, I'm not sure how accessible those other games were at the time they were played.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 01:08:59 PM »
What about TT Sweden in 2006. The streets were literally empty for the game.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 01:42:43 PM »

The 06 Wc undoubtedly had vastly more viewers. Possibly the England game would have been the biggest global audience for a T&T game? But I said  a football match in T&T.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2015, 01:56:30 PM »
FS, if PNM win the elections, will the Employees of Sportt immediately vacate office on the 8th ? Or is their some sort of transition?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2015, 02:14:36 PM »
FS, if PNM win the elections, will the Employees of Sportt immediately vacate office on the 8th ? Or is their some sort of transition?

LOL. I guess we just pack up our gonks and ride out of town!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2015, 02:21:30 PM »
It would be nice for a change to see the crowds come out for an important club fixture like this.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 05:18:40 AM »

The 06 Wc undoubtedly had vastly more viewers. Possibly the England game would have been the biggest global audience for a T&T game? But I said  a football match in T&T.

T&T played England in Port of Spain.

T&T vs USA in November 1989 was prbably the biggest.

Every country was looking at this game, de whole Caribbean and world was backing T&T.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2015, 06:16:37 AM »

Every country was looking at this game, de whole Caribbean and world was backing T&T.

I thought the England game was at Dwight Yorke? Back in 1989, I'm not sure that this game would have been live around the world. And streaming wasn't available to the general public. No doubt it was a massive game and I'm sure the highlights were widely shown globally on sport programmes.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2015, 06:22:49 AM »

I thought the England game was at Dwight Yorke? Back in 1989, I'm not sure that this game would have been live around the world. And streaming wasn't available to the general public. No doubt it was a massive game and I'm sure the highlights were widely shown globally on sport programmes.

It was in de Hasley Crawford Stadium.

Beckham, Gerrard, James, Walcott, Bentley, Jagielka, Ferdinand, Defoe, Downing, Bridge, Crouch, etc all of them was there.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 06:28:47 AM by Sam »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2015, 04:39:28 PM »
TT vs Mexico 2002 and 2006 campaigns were up there too
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2015, 10:42:55 AM »
I heard that the ttfa met with the Oval to have CONCACAF Champions League matches play there because SPORTT and the Ministry have been unable to meet lighting standards for HCS. This is due to contractor being owed for past jobs and they wont install lights until paid.

They also assisted Central FC with visas to fly to the US to play LA.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 10:49:01 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2015, 11:02:40 AM »
I heard that the ttfa met with the Oval to have CONCACAF Champions League matches play there because SPORTT and the Ministry have been unable to meet lighting standards for HCS. This is due to contractor being owed for past jobs and they wont install lights until paid.

??? Who is "they"? The MoS?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2015, 11:07:24 AM »
Wow. They better not play the ass. We have a WCQ in November!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2015, 11:30:00 AM »

Really? There has been several missed deadlines due to problems with the contractor. I can't speak for W.Connection, but I do know that Central F.C. have given no authority to TTFA to negotiate with The Oval on their behalf. I have seen no communication between CONCACAF and Central F.C. concerning use of the Oval and, to my knowledge, no CONCACAF site visit or lighting test has taken place there.
Finally, there was a meeting at Hasely Crawford today concerning hosting both of Central F.C.'s Champions League games, including provision of security, concessions etc.

I appreciate the assistance of TTFA in dealings with CONCACAF. Also with their assistance in obtaining US visas, which was, I believe, provided by Peter Rampersad.

1]; } ?>