March 28, 2024, 07:55:11 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (6-Sept-2016)  (Read 64426 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (6-Sept-2016)
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2016, 09:18:07 AM »
Guatemala will beat SVG. Can we get some revenge for 19 November?

We ask that question every time we play the US  :)

..and based on how we played against Guatemala I have my doubts. We shall see

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2016, 09:39:05 AM »
We dont need to win this game and should give a few men a run. But knowing Hart he might play de same team.

Ranjitsingh
Williams
Marshall
Bateau
David
Jomal
Hector
George
Boucaud
Joevin
Kenwyne

yes we do NEED to win or at least try, momentum sam momentum, we done doh get too much friendlies this is ah opportunity to truly announce we self to d biased US fans and press, come on now, we want dem sweatin bout we come d hex

note: doh have ah issue with side yuh pick...jus yuh mental
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 11:42:04 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2016, 11:34:17 AM »
The start of the Hex is November 11th and 2nd match is November 15th. Winner of Group C will play Mexico at home. Runner up of Group C will play winner of Group B (Costa Rica or Panama). List of fixtures below. Either way (winner or runners up) we start at home and end the campaign against the USA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_%E2%80%93_CONCACAF_Fifth_Round

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2016, 12:48:00 PM »
I had time today to watch some key moments vs Guatemala and if changes are not made it could be a painful experience in Jacksonville -45 mins away from my home.

I know this is the USA thread, however it's very important to understand what challenges affect this team. So let me get straight to it, and keep in mind I am overly critical when it comes to the National team. Maybe I expect too much or hoping somehow there is luck or more fingernails I can chew on.

Lets start with our captain - Kenwyne Jones has been a rock - maybe he realize this is potentially his last qualification campaign which is very important for his legacy. Thus he spends alot of time on the pitch organizing his team - you can see it after the first Guatemala goal clearly- this exerts alot of his energy because like most trinis they don't react until disaster strikes. If Jones and the staff can properly advise each and every player on their purpose before the game maybe it will relieve some of the work he has to do verbally.

Secondly and staying on topic with the captain - he is an outlet to release pressure from the backline - however been the point man of the attack means that the opposition can safely start from the back (offensive third) and start building from that. If you analyse any big team today you will find they don't allow defenders to easily come out of that position - this creates chaos and mistakes - it also helps keep the play higher up so the midfield can focus more on positing rather than been defensive which also creates mistakes like the one Kevan George made that allowed Guatemala to score their second. Because of the lack of offensive third pressure teams can completely bypass our midfield and get behind us to create an opportunity. Thus alot of you guys here will say "oh our middle sucks" it's not fair assumption... our problem is the offensive third. I always believe Jones is better off connected to the midfield as an outlet rather than a stand alone striker upfront.

With all of the above said it's hard to be critical when the team has qualifiedfor the hex but playing the usa at home is important because they themselves has opened their eyes especially from copa - they know the team is not structured well enough to deal with the physical high pressure teams from comebol.  Understanding the dynamic of the Americans is paramount if our ambitions are to reach Russia.  There will be no easy games - momentum is key. I don't endorse Kevan George in the middle he melted under pressure.. Also I didn't like changing the dynamic of the team when they were ahead - this team must be able to play for 90+ mins and the captain is expected to be there til the end -barring injuries. 90 mins is when you start changing personnel to kill off the stoppage time not 10 mins from time.

So lets hope these comments were taking as constructive criticism and not as derogatory comments. See you in Jacksonville.

Can't wait for "Touches" reports - I live for dem tings <3
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 01:11:01 PM by SWO_TNTFAN »

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2016, 05:35:30 AM »
I agree with you..T&T FAN..
KJ needs to ghost his way up front...by being the lone target up front..that makes it to easy for the defence because he is stationary.....
Thanks for the point...my Warriors

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2016, 05:48:09 AM »
Guatemala will beat SVG. Can we get some revenge for 19 November?

We ask that question every time we play the US  :)

..and based on how we played against Guatemala I have my doubts. We shall see

Isn't this time different because this is the first time(I remember) that we can with a Guatemala win end the USA WC qualification?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2016, 07:20:27 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GJzuqd3UWp0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GJzuqd3UWp0</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2016, 04:19:43 PM »
just reading bigsoccer if I didn't know any better I'd swear some ah dem fellas nervous maybe even frighten :D :D :D....man even factoring in losing to we in dey scenarios and how much goals guat could put on SVG.......I tink if d US doh beat we convincingly klinnsey gone :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

still it feels good to see dem dismissive pricks bamsee winkin when dey talkin bout this game......win, lose or draw this would be the best time leave ah lastin impression on dem jus like we did mexico
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 04:26:23 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2016, 05:07:06 PM »
This game is important to us as far as playing quality opposition. We should careless about how the US feelings. Whichever stariting eleven should take it, as if it is our first Hex. game.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2016, 05:28:37 PM »
This game is important to us as far as playing quality opposition. We should careless about how the US feelings. Whichever stariting eleven should take it, as if it is our first Hex. game.

it not about caring what they tink, we were a sure six points for them, when this all began, now dey tone change, it just feels good to not be d team with d monkey on we back for change...yuh doh find
I pity the fool....

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2016, 07:03:03 PM »
just reading bigsoccer if I didn't know any better I'd swear some ah dem fellas nervous maybe even frighten :D :D :D....man even factoring in losing to we in dey scenarios and how much goals guat could put on SVG.......I tink if d US doh beat we convincingly klinnsey gone :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

still it feels good to see dem dismissive pricks bamsee winkin when dey talkin bout this game......win, lose or draw this would be the best time leave ah lastin impression on dem jus like we did mexico

Nah man lefty, yuh readin into dem posts....de only ting dey say clear cut is that we have speedy players who will pose threats for WBs if they cannot keep up.  If we were in their position we would be wondering about Guat hammering SVG as well and the possibility of not making it.  That said, would be great if we did send a mssg.  honestly, the biggest issue w/this team is the time it takes to gel after coming off a break, the more they play together and frequently they grow from strength to strength.  So looking forward, would need some friendlies well planned in the international break and trust that they get better at gelin quickly when coming together...

Edit: http://www.concacaf.com/article/tt-targets-group-c-title
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2016, 07:11:55 PM »
Nah I jus amused dat dey factor in losing never really see dem ACTIVELY consider dat shit before, in ah home game no less........ It may have more to do with dey lack of faith in klinsman but still curious.

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 4.0 using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2016, 07:24:25 PM »
Winning this game will tell us more about this team than the draw on Friday. I am looking to see if we have a Champion's Mind or a "hard luck" attitude.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2016, 07:32:25 PM »
Winning this game will tell us more about this team than the draw on Friday. I am looking to see if we have a Champion's Mind or a "hard luck" attitude.

Right! There is a lot to be said in this game. Yes we make it to the hex already so now what? do we just play for fun, just play because have to play, or be ah team of warriors who want to win and send a message?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2016, 03:02:47 AM »

Right! There is a lot to be said in this game. Yes we make it to the hex already so now what? do we just play for fun, just play because have to play, or be ah team of warriors who want to win and send a message?

I think the brothers should play free flowing football... No nerves... Just play yuh game brothers.. Nothing to worry about.. Everything is in gods hands... That's my opinion..

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
After game fete ?

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2016, 07:26:43 AM »
It's still a qualifier, whatever the starting 11 is, they should play hard. Make them earn it. I want three points, end their "reign" here.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2016, 08:11:17 AM »

I want three points, end their "reign" here.

I want it especially in d states, let dem see we could get a result on their patch......we does be too comfortable playing in d states to not try and give them a run for dey money, atleast

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 4.0 using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2016, 08:55:10 AM »
We have to play them with the same mindset vs Mexico. From now on the goal is to go for a win. The target is Russia and no- one must stand in our way in CONCACAF . Let us not take our eyes off the prize.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2016, 10:08:06 AM »

T&T Senior Team works out on first morning in Jacksonville

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/reMME-ovjFw&amp;spfreload=10" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/reMME-ovjFw&amp;spfreload=10</a>

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2016, 10:40:04 AM »
How important is winning this game mentally.. moving forward? Confidence and announcing that we are to be taken seriously in the hex.

Plus getting the bandwaggonists behind the team so they can enjoy support in numbers (as flaky as it may be) during the hex. And possible sponsors. Im also sure pro league/team scouts will be tuning in?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 10:42:51 AM by Jumbie »

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2016, 11:16:46 AM »
Gettin a strong vibe in my gut that KJ gonna have a massive showing in this game...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Eyes on the prize
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2016, 11:23:06 AM »
Eyes on the prize
By Fazeer Mohammed (T&T Express)

To all intents and purposes, the final phase of the qualification campaign for Russia 2018 starts tomorrow night in Jacksonville, Florida.

Having done just enough to get a share of the points against Guatemala on Friday night and confirm a slot among the six teams battling for three confirmed spots for CONCACAF at the next World Cup football finals, Trinidad and Tobago need to play every remaining game of this campaign as if that ticket to Moscow is on the line.

Never one to back away from a realistic assessment of his own team, head coach Stephen Hart’s description of the national side’s effort in the 2-2 draw with the Guatemalans as “sloppy” must be translated as a warning to the players to step up their games, cut out the basic errors and eliminate the mental lapses heading into this duel with the United States at a venue where the Americans are unbeaten in senior internationals.

This will be a test of the real professionalism of the squad, for having already done enough to make it through to the final stage of qualification there is always the fear of a lack of intensity that could result in a performance which may have long-term ramifications on the form and confidence of the squad by the time the hexagonal round proper kicks off on November 11.

Nine weeks may be a long time in football, but it can also be a worryingly short timeframe if considerable damage is inflicted on the psyche of the team by a poor performance against an American squad which will be even more keen to restate its dominance over the twin-island nation before they meet twice more next year when every single point will be vital.

History warns us of the potential pitfalls presented by games like these.

In the campaign for the 2002 finals in Japan and South Korea, Trinidad and Tobago actually topped the semi-final round grouping of qualification ahead of Mexico before finishing dead last in the “Hex” with just five points from ten games.

All was going well in that semi-final phase with the likes of Dwight Yorke, Russell Latapy, Stern John and Angus Eve in top form. Qualification for the final round was sealed with a 4-0 drubbing of Canada at the Hasely Crawford Stadium with two games left to play. That’s when the trouble started.

Five weeks later the squad travelled to Mexico City and played an atrocious game, going four goals behind in the first 30 minutes and eventually enduring a 7-0 drubbing that obliterated the team’s air of invincibility. A 1-0 win in Panama in the last game of that phase did little to restore momentum and it was all downhill after that with poor performances on the pitch compounded by off-field disputes, the firing of head coach Ian Porterfield and the failure of replacement Rene Simoes, the Brazilian who had taken Jamaica to the 1998 finals in France, to impose disciplinary measures on Yorke and Latapy.

We may want to think that such an embarrassing fiasco cannot happen again, especially given the way this team has come together under Hart’s stewardship and Kenwyne Jones’ leadership over the past three years. But doing well in Gold Cups and the occasional friendly international is one thing. As we have experienced many times before, all sorts of strange things happen in a World Cup qualifying campaign because there is so much at stake, so many Johnny-come-latelys who want to have a say or interfere with the process and so many distractions that shift focus from the primary objective of achieving a consistently high level of performance over ten qualifying games.

When it comes to football especially, this country suffers from the inestimable ability to mess things up, even after fulfilling a cherished goal, as we discovered after getting to the World Cup finals in Germany in 2006.

Whatever the issues with the administration of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association, whatever the lapses in organisational systems that could see a return of the problem of masses of fans stalled at the Hasely Crawford Stadium main gate on Friday night, it is up to Hart, Jones and the extended leadership group of the squad to keep their eyes on the prize and all that is required to get their hands on it.

It is a singular focus and unwavering intensity that needs to be turned up a few notches from kickoff at 8.15 p.m. tomorrow. Rest assured Jurgen Klinsmann will have the Americans primed for the contest following the goalless draw in Port of Spain last November. They want to have T&T second-guessing themselves all the way through to that last game of the “Hex” on October 10 next year against...yes, the United States.

No sloppiness anymore, please.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Armada's Kevan George set to play for Trinidad and Tobago against U.S.
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2016, 11:28:01 AM »
Armada's Kevan George set to play for Trinidad and Tobago against U.S.
By Clayton Freeman (jacksonville.com)

Jacksonville Armada midfielder Kevan George keeps his philosophy of soccer simple.

“It just comes down to a ball and a man,” he said.

This time, though, the ball is on the grass of EverBank Field.

And the man is George, the hard-running midfielder who, for one night, will be a visitor in front of the city he now calls home.

Homeland meets hometown for George, who prepares to line up for Trinidad and Tobago against the United States in Tuesday’s World Cup qualifying match at EverBank Field.

George, born in Roxborough, Tobago, moved to the United States in his youth. He graduated from Decatur High School in the Atlanta area and played college soccer at Central Florida.

He was drafted by Major League Soccer’s Columbus Crew in 2012 and played in the MLS before signing with the Armada on April 10. Since then, he’s become a near-automatic starter for the North American Soccer League franchise.

“The timing couldn’t be better for the city, for the club and for Kevan himself,” Armada interim head coach Mark Lowry said. “He’s just put in three great performances, so he’s going to go away confident.”

George has represented Trinidad and Tobago in 21 international games, although he wasn’t included in the national team’s most recent selection.

“It’s huge just to be part of the family,” he said. “It was just two games, but it felt like 60 months. … I’m just happy to be back.”

Trinidad and Tobago’s team, called the Soca Warriors by its exuberant fan base, has already advanced to the six-team final group in North American qualification for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

The top three in that round, which ends in October 2017, make the 32-team World Cup field.

The only prior World Cup for Trinidad and Tobago came in 2006. For George, who was 15 when he watched the team clinch its long-awaited success in November 2005, the moment is frozen in memory.

“That playoff game with Bahrain, home and away, when Chris Birchall had that long-distance shot from almost half the field,” George said. “That really stood out to me, and we have a chance to repeat history.”

The history in the series between the teams has been one-sided, with the United States holding an edge of 16-2-4 all-time and 11-1-3 in World Cup qualifiers.

The most famous matchup came Nov. 19, 1989, when a young U.S. team — including former Armada coach Tony Meola at goalkeeper — stunned the Port-of-Spain crowd in a 1-0, winner-take-all match to reach the Americans’ first World Cup since 1950.

Despite Trinidad and Tobago’s modest population of around 1.3 million, the Americans can’t take George and the Soca Warriors lightly.

At the CONCACAF Gold Cup in 2015, the Trinidadians won their group ahead of favored Mexico to reach the quarterfinals.

“A lot of people were surprised, but we knew we were ready,” George said.

He’s already played against the Americans once in qualifying, starting last November and containing American captain Michael Bradley as Trinidad and Tobago held the U.S. team to a 0-0 tie.

Although the city is now familiar for George, who has played here for five months, he hasn’t previously played at EverBank Field.

“Being in his hometown, there will be a lot of people in the stadium that already know him,” Lowry said. “So that should make him feel at ease as well.”

If George gets a chance to take the field Tuesday, he said he won’t be overwhelmed by the special occasion.

“It’ll mean a lot. This is where I call home now. I’ve made a few friends here, my teammates,” George said. “But at the end of the day, it’s soccer, man. I don’t get too fazed by it.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trinidad and Tobago targets Group C title
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2016, 11:38:10 AM »
Trinidad and Tobago targets Group C title
CONCACAF.com

Not even rain in Jacksonville could bring down Trinidad & Tobago from the high of earning a place in the final round of CONCACAF qualifying for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

On Friday, the Soca Warriors played visiting Guatemala to a 2-2 draw, ensuring them either a first- or second-place finish in Group A. With as a little as a draw against the host United States (3W-1D-1L, 10 points) on Tuesday at Everbank Field, T&T (3-2-0, 11) will capture the group title.

The squad landed in the northern Florida city mid-afternoon Saturday and trained for an hour, before head coach Stephen Hart allowed time to rest at the team hotel. Everybody returned at 6pm for another session.

With the opportunity to qualify for its second-ever World Cup and first since 2006 in Germany, the Trinidadians want to capitalize on any time they can spend together. They are not satisfied solely by progressing to the Hexagonal. There’s also the business of topping the final table with an unbeaten record. A win over the U.S., combined with a heavy victory by Guatemala (2-1-2, 7) over St. Vincent & the Grenadines (0-0-5, 0) could see the Americans be eliminated.

"Yes I think it would be a good way to end the semifinal round with a good result against the U.S. and a strong performance,” said Joevin Jones, who plays with the USA’s Seattle Sounders and scored both goals in the Guatemala stalemate. “Obviously, I know a few of the guys from playing in the league here and there has been a lot of talk about the match. I am sure the two teams will go all out to try and win the match and set the pace for the next round.”

Jones struck in each half against Guatemala and highlighted some positive signs from the overall effort.

"I know I had to put on a good performance and play my part in order to help the team and I was happy to do that," the 25-year-old remarked. "Even though we started strongly…they kind of pegged us back with the first goal and from then we knew we had to come back even stronger and we did that. I think it's the kind of spirit and fight we will need in the next round.”

T&T last competed in the CONCACAF Hexagonal during the 2010 World Cup cycle.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2016, 11:58:03 AM »
Interesting article from starsandstripesfc.com

http://www.starsandstripesfc.com/2016/9/5/12791340/usa-vs-trinidad-and-tobago-2018-world-cup-qualifying-preview-keys

RECENT FORM:

Trinidad and Tobago
D (2-2) - Guatemala - WCQ
L (2-4) - China - Friendly
L (1-3) - Uruguay- Friendly
L (0-4) - Peru - Friendly
W (6-0) - St. Vincent and the Grenadines - WCQ

WHAT TO WATCH FOR:
High Octane - T&T have a full-throttle offense: they do not stop attacking even when it would be very, very prudent for them to do so. In fact, it was their continual offensive pressing in their match against 10-man Guatemala, while up a goal, that allowed Guatemala the space and opportunities to get their equalizer and make this game mean anything at all. To put it simply: offense is what the Soca Warriors do best. Kenwyne Jones is a deadly finisher on his day, but their speed and skill on the flanks allow Jones plenty of opportunities as well. On the other hand, it also tends to leave them open to attacks. The last scoreless game they’ve played? Last year’s 0-0 draw against the U.S. Since then, they’ve scored 17 goals and conceded 17 goals. So, yeah. Don’t expect them to take a bath this game just because they’ve already advanced. They don’t know how.

Is this how we perceive the Warriors at the present time?
But we do concede way too many goals, not the form to make it through the HEX..

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2016, 12:13:38 PM »
I think the statement is accurate. If it's one thing this squad has over other teams... Is the ability to score goals, and even better, they can come from a variety of players than in the past...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2016, 12:16:24 PM »
WATCH: Sheldon Bateau reflects on Trinidad and Tobago’s 2-2 draw with Guatemala and looks ahead to the match against USA

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EFe9vRBbTNc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EFe9vRBbTNc</a>

WATCH: United States vs Trinidad and Tobago Preview

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MiagEKc9UvE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MiagEKc9UvE</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ranjitsingh ready for huge World Cup Qualifier against United States
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2016, 12:48:32 PM »
Ranjitsingh ready for huge World Cup Qualifier against United States
Louisville City FC

Louisville City FC goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh witnessed a "crazy atmosphere" Friday night as Trinidad and Tobago played Guatemala to a 2-2 draw, in the process earning a point that moved the nation one step closer to qualifying for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

"We have a whole country behind us," said Ranjitsingh, who earned LouCity's first full international call up for a pair of games this month. "The stadium was packed. Even my cousins trying to come to the game had to leave hours early to get to the stadium in time because the traffic was unreal."

After witnessing support in the country he represents, Ranjitsingh -- a Canadian native whose father immigrated from Trinidad -- will be with T&T again Tuesday for a game against the United States in Jacksonville. Kickoff is set for 8:15 p.m. at EverBank Field, with Fox Sports 1 to broadcast.

"It's going to be huge," Ranjitsingh said.

Veteran keeper Marvin Phillip went the distance in goal last time out for T&T, tallying his 58th cap. But Ranjitsingh dressed and made the bench along with Adrian Foncette, who has appeared in three games for the Senior Men's Team.

It won't be until the pregame presentation Tuesday that Ranjitsingh sees the starting lineup. Regardless of whether he plays, the 23-year-old said he has taken plenty away from his international time.

"Training with these players, there's a lot of quality -- guys from all over," he said. "They're European-based, some guys play in Mexico, or the Trini league. There are some from MLS. It's a great experience to be at this level. You can only get better."

Seattle Sounders defender Joevin Jones recorded a brace against Guatemala. Other well-known members of Trinidad's squad include striker Kenwyne Jones, who next year will join MLS' new Atlanta United, as well as Orlando City SC's Kevin Molino.

The Soca Warriors, as T&T's Senior Men's Team is also known, are 1-11-2 all-time against the United States in World Cup qualifying. But Trinidad has already secured a spot in the Hexagonal, the final stage of qualifying for the World Cup in Russia.

Ranjitsingh was traveling Saturday as LouCity knocked off FC Montral by a 1-0 score on the road. He did see glimpses of teammate Tim Dobrowolski's debut in goal, a shutout performance.

"I'm happy that the guys came through with the win," said Ranjitsingh, who's soaking in his experience -- but has missed being away from LouCity. "Definitely. When I see the guys on social media having fun and enjoying themselves, it's tough. Louisville City's been like a second family to me."

Ranjitsingh will return to Louisville after Tuesday's game and be available Saturday when LouCity hosts the Richmond Kickers at Slugger Field.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2016, 01:48:12 PM »
Solid article by Fazeer.

As we have experienced many times before, all sorts of strange things happen in a World Cup qualifying campaign because there is so much at stake, so many Johnny-come-latelys who want to have a say or interfere with the process and so many distractions that shift focus from the primary objective of achieving a consistently high level of performance over ten qualifying games.

When it comes to football especially, this country suffers from the inestimable ability to mess things up, even after fulfilling a cherished goal, as we discovered after getting to the World Cup finals in Germany in 2006.

Spot on.

Especially the bolded.

1]; } ?>