April 19, 2024, 10:37:35 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (6-Sept-2016)  (Read 65392 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (6-Sept-2016)
« Reply #330 on: September 06, 2016, 08:32:56 PM »
also people talking about molino but we did not play to his strengths until maybe d last 5mins win joevin miss and even dat guatemala game
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 08:36:11 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 06, 2016, 08:34:21 PM »
USL keeper to start? that's a reach..
let's be real

he hadda pay his dues. he now reach

boucaud and hyland playing as if they are sure picks...
n both were out of it

i disagree with him having a decent game defensively

Let me ask you, would Marvin Phillips and the usual starter not go to USL if they had the option? I think it tells me USL gks although amateurish are better on average. This one in particular starts with the number one team in USL.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 06, 2016, 08:35:07 PM »
  the tone of this game is Hart saying to Klinsman "good luck against mexico and costa-rica."

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 06, 2016, 08:36:54 PM »
Triston Hodge will soon be a starter based on what I saw of him and Ricardo John may be a pick soon enough. But they need to move up from USL.

Is Jamal Gay better than Winchester?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 06, 2016, 08:38:34 PM »
We just loss, men pride hurting, mine too.

When things calm down a proper post mortem is required.

Will love to hear the coach post match comments but I think he got his tactics and team selection wrong today.

Redemption will come in the morning. We still have football to play.

:D ah does always hear this kinda talk after we lose and not just lose but lose by playing poorly, should I expect this kinda response God forbid we fail to reach Russia?

yuh right man pride just hurt and one day we will get redemption  :D

You acting like we does waltz in the World Cup every four years. We went once. Manage your expectations. The good thing about football in these times is we will play America again and there will be a next Hex after that and a next WC too for the foreseeable future.

It will be a long time before we stop being an exceedingly inconsistent team who occasionally punches above their weight. In the meantime you could come with suggestions to get us there instead of crying about the sky falling. Yes we see it, it always looks so.

Aye old man doh get tie up. All I do here is give suggestions. I am not one to just be like we will do better next time when I see the same problems happening in each game. You want me to follow this old mentality of accepting mediocrity. I like how you said we punching above our weight, because that is how you want to say we should just be happy to reach where we are ..that right there is bullshit!

So you can sit there and just be content and just be happy to know there will be another WC and another hex every time we fail, On the other hand I will sit here and expect my team to make the absolute best of each opprtunity and blast them when they underachieve

In no way am I content but I believe I know when to criticize and how.

Maybe I feel the disappointment one too many times and adjusted my worldview. Maybe in the "fullness of time" I wil change my view again.
But you ent know me so you can't talk about accepting mediocrity.

I backing my team. We never beat America in the States and barely anywhere else. So I don't know how that is underachieving now.

If was Guyana fine. Prattle on.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 06, 2016, 08:39:01 PM »
  the tone of this game is Hart saying to Klinsman "good luck against mexico and costa-rica."

even so if dat were true it says sumting about d second string defense no? and find it highly unlikely dat he jus hang dem out to dry
I pity the fool....

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 06, 2016, 08:39:41 PM »

Will love to hear the coach post match comments but I think he got his tactics and team selection wrong today.

yeah levi is not are starter yet lil too selfish, also missed d interplay that people like molino thrive on....we kept trying to go through the wings and usa was ready for it

Agreed on Levi. He was holding on to the ball too much. He improved when he switched wings but we can see why Hart doesn't start him yet. I think he leared some hard lessons tonight

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 06, 2016, 08:40:43 PM »

:D ah does always hear this kinda talk after we lose and not just lose but lose by playing poorly, should I expect this kinda response God forbid we fail to reach Russia?

You acting like we does waltz in the World Cup every four years. We went once. Manage your expectations. The good thing about football in these times is we will play America again and there will be a next Hex after that and a next WC too for the foreseeable future.

It will be a long time before we stop being an exceedingly inconsistent team who occasionally punches above their weight. In the meantime you could come with suggestions to get us there instead of crying about the sky falling. Yes we see it, it always looks so.

Aye old man doh get tie up. All I do here is give suggestions. I am not one to just be like we will do better next time when I see the same problems happening in each game. You want me to follow this old mentality of accepting mediocrity. I like how you said we punching above our weight, because that is how you want to say we should just be happy to reach where we are ..that right their is bullshit!

So you can sit there and just be content and just be happy to know there will another WC and another hex overtime we fail, On the other hand I will sit here and expect my team to make the absolute best of each opprtunity and blast them when they underachieve.

Is the same core group playing for the last 2-3 years barring one or two additions. We all familiar with their strengths and weaknesses. We were poor today but given our full squad progress I honestly find the score line unacceptable. Even with our known individual player deficiencies in certain areas. I have to question the preparation from the coaching staff.

Team selection and tactics all wrong today.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 06, 2016, 08:45:04 PM »
Some man still do not understand is not about losing but the way we lost, the way we played as the game unravelled! smh

The game was done early in the second half, it was then a practice match for the US

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #339 on: September 06, 2016, 08:46:04 PM »
Hart playing dead to catch corbeuax alive.. The US will become overconfident and that leaves them exposed..

The hex will be a different story..

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 06, 2016, 08:46:49 PM »

Aye old man doh get tie up. All I do here is give suggestions. I am not one to just be like we will do better next time when I see the same problems happening in each game. You want me to follow this old mentality of accepting mediocrity. I like how you said we punching above our weight, because that is how you want to say we should just be happy to reach where we are ..that right their is bullshit!

So you can sit there and just be content and just be happy to know there will another WC and another hex overtime we fail, On the other hand I will sit here and expect my team to make the absolute best of each opprtunity and blast them when they underachieve.

Is the same core group playing for the last 2-3 years barring one or two additions. We all familiar with their strengths and weaknesses. We were poor today but given our full squad progress I honestly find the score line unacceptable. Even with our known individual player deficiencies in certain areas. I have to question the preparation from the coaching staff.

I felt that we should have started with d Guatemala line up except play george instead of boucaud
I pity the fool....

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 06, 2016, 08:47:11 PM »

It was unacceptable. It was also flattering and informative. We had the luxury to not have to grind out a result. We've seen what happens when we do this. See Mexico games last year. We didn't score today which usually distracts us from the our defensive frailty when we play this open. Score on transition conceded in transition. We need to figure out the last part.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 06, 2016, 08:48:30 PM »
Hart playing dead to catch corbeuax alive.. The US will become overconfident and that leaves them exposed..

The hex will be a different story..
nah dread....it was an experiment dat failed....better it fail now than in d hex...hopefully Hart will be allow d time to learn from it
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 08:51:32 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 06, 2016, 08:54:32 PM »
Jamaica losing to Haiti 1-0

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 06, 2016, 08:54:45 PM »
......and we need ah sports psychologist........again d 06 warriors were cool under pressure this team seems to panic a bit
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: September 06, 2016, 08:55:40 PM »
Jamaica losing to Haiti 1-0

well that will make us feel better  ;D

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 06, 2016, 08:57:42 PM »

Aye old man doh get tie up. All I do here is give suggestions. I am not one to just be like we will do better next time when I see the same problems happening in each game. You want me to follow this old mentality of accepting mediocrity. I like how you said we punching above our weight, because that is how you want to say we should just be happy to reach where we are ..that right there is bullshit!

So you can sit there and just be content and just be happy to know there will be another WC and another hex every time we fail, On the other hand I will sit here and expect my team to make the absolute best of each opprtunity and blast them when they underachieve.

ok..so what is your suggestions again, sorry I might have missed it. I wasn't aware that old people (or anybody for that matter) accept mediocrity. I guessing that is a new term of which people who have been following and supporting the team for years would naturally be guilty of. Maybe if we look to cuss and waste down the guys we will be more modern and show we not accepting, and so that new strategy, that we never tried before will cause us to make the grade..and bring us 'old men' (FF, yuh reach) to the forefront of the science of football.  :rotfl:

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 06, 2016, 08:59:34 PM »

So you can sit there and just be content and just be happy to know there will be another WC and another hex every time we fail, On the other hand I will sit here and expect my team to make the absolute best of each opprtunity and blast them when they underachieve.

ok..so what is your suggestions again, sorry I might have missed it. I wasn't aware that old people (or anybody for that matter) accept mediocrity. I guessing that is a new term of which people who have been following and supporting the team for years would naturally be guilty of. Maybe if we look to cuss and waste down the guys we will be more modern and show we not accepting, and so that new strategy, that we never tried before will cause us to make the grade..and bring us 'old men' (FF, yuh reach) to the forefront of the science of football.  :rotfl:

Deal with your personal agenda, dais your problem not mine. You do not like to see criticism hence why you consider it 'wasting down the team'. You rather us baby poor performances and just hope for better by sugarcoating bad results. You could stay dey by yourself with that losing mentality

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 06, 2016, 09:02:26 PM »
......and we need ah sports psychologist........again d 06 warriors were cool under pressure this team seems to panic a bit

Yuh know I don't know if its a psychological problem or a lack of concetration when we concede. Psychological would suggest we have a defeatist attitude collectively. I don't think we do.

A sports psychologist wouldn't hurt though
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 09:04:16 PM by Trin »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 06, 2016, 09:09:50 PM »
Lol. Yeah boy I try to ignore that old man comment.  ;D  I reach in truth yes.
Pass the Ben-gay. I feeling a little creaky.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 06, 2016, 09:10:40 PM »

Deal with your personal agenda, dais your problem not mine. You do not like to see criticism hence why you consider it 'wasting down the team'. You rather us baby poor performances and just hope for better by sugarcoating bad results. You could stay dey by yourself with that losing mentality
well yuh figure me out, and you might be absolutely correct or entirely wrong, don't matter as far as the team winning or losing is concerned but what is your suggestion to help out the team ?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 06, 2016, 09:14:27 PM »

well yuh figure me out, and you might be absolutely correct or entirely wrong, don't matter as far as the team winning or losing is concerned but what is your suggestion to help out the team ?

I've talked about how the defense need to think faster on their feet and not over commit themselves in one on one situations many times in the past during recent games. I have mentioned how their needs to be more intensity and a zeal to take control by our midfielders. You obviously missed my points.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 06, 2016, 09:15:28 PM »
Haiti leads Jamaica 2-0

I feel better just typing that

How Wes Morgan won a premier league title is one of the seven wonders of the world

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 06, 2016, 09:16:18 PM »
Haiti leads Jamaica 2-0

How Wes Morgan won a premier league title is one of the seven wonders of the world

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=60380.540

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 06, 2016, 09:18:01 PM »
Sando you need to go down by the team hotel and talk to the staff.

Because maxg ask for your suggestions to HELP out the team. You just Monday morning quarterbacking like everybody else.  ;)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 06, 2016, 09:18:48 PM »
Haiti leads Jamaica 2-0

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=60380.540

More therapeutic to post in this thread

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 06, 2016, 09:18:56 PM »

Yuh know I don't know if its a psychological problem or a lack of concetration when we concede. Psychological would suggest we have a defeatist attitude collectively. I don't think we do.

A sports psychologist wouldn't hurt though

nah not defeatist, ah doh tink we defeatist just doh seem able to calm things down and start over when someting goes wrong, yeah we did it against SVG and Guat but mentally we have the measure of those fellas...even mexico but purely because dat particular mex side have ah issue with hustle and maybe still do.....d US sport culture in all about hustle and speed so yuh have to be able to calm tings down and quick or else d last three goals is what will happen........d Saprissa *spellin* is a next place we goh ketch hell if we can't get it together mentally
I pity the fool....

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 06, 2016, 09:22:49 PM »

I've talked about how the defense need to think faster on their feet and not over commit themselves in one on one situations many times in the past during recent games. I have mentioned how their needs to be more intensity and a zeal to take control by our midfielders. You obviously missed my points.
Obviously, yet, you are aware that this will benefit any footballer, and improve their chances of success. Which is an ideal. OK, I agree, that being said, how could the manager/coaching staff improve on this given his short time frame with the players. What new methods out their can make Trinidad and Tobago defenders (or all players) improve on this. Can this be done by those Professional clubs, that pay them. where they spend most of their training time or their is something Coach can do in the week or days he have them for ? Please elaborate
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 09:24:48 PM by maxg »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 06, 2016, 09:28:34 PM »
maxg ah know yuh love Hart, no need to defend him so transparently. I am not calling for Hart to go, doh worry yuh boy safe. Yes this can be done by the clubs, the conversation right now is revolving around the national team so me eh care if the improve at club or under the national coach. I am pointing out the improvement our players should accomplish if they are to stand a chance in the hex next year. No new revelations, same issues we have been having for a long time now. These problems get revealed when we play quality opposition pointing to the question of whether our defense as a team have improved or not.

Concacaf has improved since the last time T&T qualified and the room for mistakes is much more slim this time around.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 09:30:27 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 06, 2016, 09:31:31 PM »
Last thought. This all out attack with speed on the wings will not work against the US. They have the tools to counter it. It works better against the latin teams. I think we should use this strategy away when we are looking to break serve. We need a better strategy against the US. I think a flat 5 man mid would work better and use Molino's ability in the middle better with intricate passes and building in the middle with Joevin and our other wide men (see our best scoring chance in this game). I think thats how we'll see us play the US in the hex.

1]; } ?>