March 28, 2024, 08:47:47 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (6-Sept-2016)  (Read 64428 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (6-Sept-2016)
« Reply #360 on: September 06, 2016, 09:38:59 PM »
Maybe Guatemala should have paid us to win.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 06, 2016, 09:39:09 PM »
maxg ah know yuh love Hart, no need to defend him so transparently. I am not calling for Hart to go, doh worry yuh boy safe. Yes this can be done by the clubs, the conversation right now is revolving around the national team so me eh care if the improve at club or under the national coach. I am pointing out the improvement our players should accomplish if they are to stand a chance in the hex next year. No new revelations, same issues we have been having for a long time now. These problems get revealed when we play quality opposition pointing to the question of whether our defense as a team have improved or not.

Concacaf has improved since the last time T&T qualified and the room for mistakes is much more slim this time around.
so old mentality then..but my point is, Hart bascially could only pick the best he have and try combinations that he believe might work to suite a given opponent, he do not have the capacity or time to teach bring them to their ideal. What he can do is give them a plan to work with. 
add: this one didn't, cause the 'impact' players couldn't make a dent. My issue with them is, once they were on, then find a way to contribute, if not offensively then defensively. Hart cannot run on the field and show them.
Last thought. This all out attack with speed on the wings will not work against the US. They have the tools to counter it. It works better against the latin teams. I think we should use this strategy away when we are looking to break serve. We need a better strategy against the US. I think a flat 5 man mid would work better and use Molino's ability in the middle better with intricate passes and building in the middle with Joevin and our other wide men (see our best scoring chance in this game). I think thats how we'll see us play the US in the hex.
You see , that is what I and others have been saying, with respect to this game, so you don't really think much different from us, with our old mentality. Note we are not only playing the US in the hex, so we will see if some adjustments and personell changes will be made, when we face them again   :beermug:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 09:43:08 PM by maxg »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 06, 2016, 09:39:44 PM »
All I will say is that we reach where we going when our most exciting prospect in 25 years can't dribble past Geoff Cameron and can't run past Michael Bradley.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 06, 2016, 09:47:15 PM »
All I will say is that we reach where we going when our most exciting prospect in 25 years can't dribble past Geoff Cameron and can't run past Michael Bradley.
he get a lesson tonight, let's hope he learn from it. I was more disappointed niether he nor Joevin was making much tackles defensively, although, they did run back to no avail. There was one point where you could see Hart telling a man pick up the space in the middle, and like the man wasn't going., luckily the ball didn't go to that US man on that instance. The boys good, they talented, but they all have much to learn to achieve their full potential, some will, and some won't. We have to face that reality. Long time Bakes ! How u doing ?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 09:48:49 PM by maxg »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 06, 2016, 09:53:49 PM »
Last thought. This all out attack with speed on the wings will not work against the US. They have the tools to counter it. It works better against the latin teams. I think we should use this strategy away when we are looking to break serve. We need a better strategy against the US. I think a flat 5 man mid would work better and use Molino's ability in the middle better with intricate passes and building in the middle with Joevin and our other wide men (see our best scoring chance in this game). I think thats how we'll see us play the US in the hex.

we missed that...people kept sayin dat he disappeared, but the reality was that the wingers won't playing to his strengths in this game or against guatemala, Molino does create space by pinging d ball of d wide players and d striker...... joevin and levi kept trying to run d flanks at pace when simply slowin things down a touch bringin in molino into d pla woulda create space on d flanks dey needed....argentina showed us that you don't try to out hustle hustlers yuh play around them. and mjolino was not used well at all.
I pity the fool....

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 06, 2016, 10:03:02 PM »

we missed that...people kept sayin dat he disappeared, but the reality was that the wingers won't playing to his strengths in this game or against guatemala, Molino does create space by pinging d ball of d wide players and d striker...... joevin and levi kept trying to run d flanks at pace when simply slowin things down a touch bringin in molino into d pla woulda create space on d flanks dey needed....argentina showed us that you don't try to out hustle hustlers yuh play around them. and mjolino was not used well at all.
which means if SH strategy was to inform Levi and JJ to run at them..free reign, then maybe Molino wasn't the person he should have started.but we don't know, there were times there was nowhere to go, and they still tried. no, he either made an error in selection or just tried to teach them something. Again, for me, they should have adjusted and find other ways to contribute more. Coach sholdn't have to tell a National player everything, hence my disappointment in them. I think doh, they will be better for it.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 06, 2016, 10:03:29 PM »
he get a lesson tonight, let's hope he learn from it. I was more disappointed niether he nor Joevin was making much tackles defensively, although, they did run back to no avail. There was one point where you could see Hart telling a man pick up the space in the middle, and like the man wasn't going., luckily the ball didn't go to that US man on that instance. The boys good, they talented, but they all have much to learn to achieve their full potential, some will, and some won't. We have to face that reality. Long time Bakes ! How u doing ?

I cool man Max, how things?

I ent even touch the work rate... suffice to say there's an incredible amount of daylight between him and Christian Pulisic, but the latter did have a bit of a developmental head start on Levi.  My observation had more to do with his offensive prowess, and the huge reality check that was issued today.  Granted that Geoff Cameron is an PL starter for Stoke City... but he's also 31.  I was dismayed to see Levi get caught on the breakaway by a 29-year old Bradley... with about 1,000 miles on his tires, and never exactly known for his speed.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 06, 2016, 10:25:10 PM »

I ent even touch the work rate... suffice to say there's an incredible amount of daylight between him and Christian Pulisic, but the latter did have a bit of a developmental head start on Levi.  My observation had more to do with his offensive prowess, and the huge reality check that was issued today.  Granted that Geoff Cameron is an PL starter for Stoke City... but he's also 31.  I was dismayed to see Levi get caught on the breakaway by a 29-year old Bradley... with about 1,000 miles on his tires, and never exactly known for his speed.

I think you're being overly harsh on the young man in his first real start (other than SVG) I think his talet earns him more chances probably off the bench in the near future. He certainly made a big impact off the bench against Guatemala. Starting and coming off the bench are two totally different things which unlike Pulisic, Levi looks like he will need to learn.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #368 on: September 06, 2016, 10:31:33 PM »

Couldn't you deduce that to lack of experience in the Bradley situation? In the case of Geoff, some players have off days tbh, not making excuses but this was a match to experiment and gel, they got a licking but they need a wake up call... I'm glad it came now and not in the hex

I hate to say it but I think the team approached this game without any pressure and played as such.. The intensity wasn't there and tbh the US are happy they scored 4 because Guat put down some serious goals on SVG
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 10:33:37 PM by Controversial »

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 06, 2016, 10:54:11 PM »
I dont know if de Coachman wanted to play more free but I dont think the players understood their objectives.

The organization looked suspect to me.Defensive midfield was not present on the night..neither on de ball nor off de ball.
Kenwyne Jones and Joevin Jones and Molino are the best players we have.

We need some real defenders ..BAD!!

We need another Molino in midfield..and a defensive midfielder who could play on both sides of de ball.

We have  wingers but it's up to de coach to plan his attack...right now de players in de dark about dat .

Fitness and speed of play is way below par..I never like de speed in which we play but den say wah..

I strongly feel dat Winchester is just a strongup School boy player..but den dat's jus my opinion..

We qualify fuh de hex  and we have a chance to go to de WC..only if we go in de transfer market and buy some players.

We should buy Balotelli, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol and Pique...we sure to win de WC ..oh yea and a keeper too..we could get DeGea.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 10:55:48 PM by coache »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 06, 2016, 11:01:46 PM »
um hmmmmmm......fraid to ponder if he being serious ......is coache
I pity the fool....

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #371 on: September 06, 2016, 11:05:25 PM »
Juss so juss so de train derail. No! seriously.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 06, 2016, 11:05:46 PM »

I think you're being overly harsh on the young man in his first real start (other than SVG) I think his talet earns him more chances probably off the bench in the near future. He certainly made a big impact off the bench against Guatemala. Starting and coming off the bench are two totally different things which unlike Pulisic, Levi looks like he will need to learn.
Not knocking his talent, but talent is not everything..There are still things for him to learn..He will be better, but to anxious to seek that starring role, but the guys we making the mistake from last game.. here is my post from observations of the Guatemala game
Agree with Levi being a spark,and livewire however, imo, he was tryin to do it alone. He kept running away from help and he(or Joevin) should have been back on pappa on their 2nd goal. Williams was completely out of position (mind you, he was covering centre,doh not sure he was needed there) when his man made the free square across goal. CatO was mia 1st half. Bou was not assertive enough 1st half. when they went to 10 men, and few minutes left, Everyone but Levi and George started waiting for final whistle.
Few mistakes, and they capitalized. It won't happen against the US, but the US attack will be better, i feel our best strategy is to have them back up with a Levi, Cato, Ceaser, J Jones, Hyland, George start. Run the youths at them, make them think defense. Meanwhile, we hold our defense solid, with some more defensive holding than Cyrus(who I think is an attacking type defender). KJ, Molino, BouBou in the wings for more game management or Hector, Jomal, if consistent game attack is necessary. This is the most balanced team we ever had, there will be individual errors, but they have been minimal, however, we cannot let teams score on the majority of our lapses, yet we have to score on theirs, as KJ should have, twice.

nb: with the runners I hoped for starting, I left Molino & KJ to come of Bench. And had George & Hyland as my stay home defensive mids. However, would it have changed th result, don't know, hope and cope. The kinda run didn't work, why ? It was to individualistic and to direct. They knew JJ and Garcia would come, they showed it last game. As bakes said though, even so, I didn't think they would be stopped so easily, but I saw their defensive deficiencies in last game, and maybe SH should have addressed it. Maybe he did, but they didn't heed..we don't know, but it must be addressed now, even if they themselves only realize they can't always be the star, and need to share, to get the opportunities. "Ability is nothing without opportunity" Napolen Bonaparte
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 01:22:21 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 06, 2016, 11:12:26 PM »
I dont know if de Coachman wanted to play more free but I dont think the players understood their objectives.

The organization looked suspect to me.Defensive midfield was not present on the night..neither on de ball nor off de ball.

We need another Molino in midfield..and a defensive midfielder who could play on both sides of de ball.

We have  wingers but it's up to de coach to plan his attack...right now de players in de dark about dat .

Fitness and speed of play is way below par..I never like de speed in which we play but den say wah..

I strongly feel dat Winchester is just a strongup School boy player..but den dat's jus my opinion..

We qualify fuh de hex  and we have a chance to go to de WC..only if we go in de transfer market and buy some players.

We should buy Balotelli, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol and Pique...we sure to win de WC ..oh yea and a keeper too..we could get DeGea.

:rotfl: :rotfl: we guys might not get they lil match fee coache, abuse yes, pay no..dem ole panyol in takin none ah dat, imagine the black italian fella..you want to see  fight & wwf with DJW, and besides the only WC dem fellas making again is latrine in de yard  :rotfl:

coache mash up the lime with that yes...goodnight..all the best for the Hex everyone..
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 11:16:04 PM by maxg »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 06, 2016, 11:39:23 PM »

"Harsh" how?  There goes that pesky reading comprehension again.  Note the use of "we" in "we reach."  The reality check was for us, present company included, who figured Levi had pace and touches to burn.  All them touches get bottled by Cameron easy easy... and the sight of the pallid Michael Bradley making up a step on Levi near the 18 was in a word, deflating.  It's a commentary on the state of our youth development that our best still has a long way to go, rather than an indictment of the youth himself.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: September 07, 2016, 01:46:01 AM »
Reality has struck the Warriors and the supporters,what are we supposed to think after a battering like this.We can't complain about not having our first choice players,we are lucky to be where we are,and I mean LUCKY,LUCKY,LUCKY.This licking tells exactly where we are,just a little better than St.Vincent,we are not better than Guatemala and was lucky to get that point against them.There is no way I can see TT getting out of that Hex,it seems like Mexico,USA,C.R,Pan,Hond and TT will bring up the rear.
FORGET IT TT!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 01:49:19 AM by frico »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 07, 2016, 04:32:39 AM »
They need some REAL friendlies to gel again, this team hasn't played together since St. Vincent.

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 4.0 using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 07, 2016, 04:36:21 AM »
But thats where we always were.... on par just shading Guatemala, better than Vincy but below the US especially away. Again don't expect us to play them open like that in the hex. Moreover its more important how we play sides like Panama and Honduras. Realistically we are looking for 3rd or 4th at best. Its not all doom and gloom.

Paraguay collect 4 today, Portugal get beat up.

I will hold off on my prediction of woe until after Nov 11th.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 07, 2016, 04:37:07 AM »
Reality has struck the Warriors and the supporters,what are we supposed to think after a battering like this.We can't complain about not having our first choice players,we are lucky to be where we are,and I mean LUCKY,LUCKY,LUCKY.This licking tells exactly where we are,just a little better than St.Vincent,we are not better than Guatemala and was lucky to get that point against them.There is no way I can see TT getting out of that Hex,it seems like Mexico,USA,C.R,Pan,Hond and TT will bring up the rear.
FORGET IT TT!

Best we save the money and don't go. Save your bandwidth too
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 07, 2016, 05:02:01 AM »
My take on the game last night: 

In the first half, T&T was effectively passing the ball, and finding the open man.  We were moving the ball, controlling the tempo, with fellas playing into the space, and moving to attack (though unsuccessful) when the opportunity presented itself.  T&T played a 'team football' and seemed to play to the 'flow' of the game, instead of trying to force the action and chasing the game.  Except for the poor defensive clearance, the focus on defense was pretty admirable, with pressure being applied to the opposition --- although much improvement is still needed. In the first half, the defense also contributed to the attack by distributing the ball with short passes to the open man to alleviate pressure from the opposition attackers.  This was a far cry from the amateurish defensive long-boot we always utilized, which in the past would effectively give the ball back to the opposition, and thus allow for constant counter-attacks on our goal.  The 1st half, our defense played with cool heads (until the 43rd minute), tackling, marking, retrieving the ball, and distributing it from defense and working the ball forward into attack with short passes.     

In the 2nd half, everything broke down.  Our ball movement and passing became almost nil.  Fellas all of a sudden decided to play one-on-one football, instead of the team game that was evident in the 1st half.  The small-ball passing-into-the-space ceased, and the silly over-dribbling took over.  The 2nd half was a return to our 'Hero-Ball' mentality;  Our defensive pressure also ceased, and we ceased 'working' the ball from defense.  We fell into past bad habits of trying to force the play, and we paid the price. 

I'm not sure if it was a mental thing or what.  The team don't yet seem to have an 'identity' as per what defines its game.  From what I see, Hart is rightfully attempting to instill a 'total football' style of play with the team, but probably with the lack of practice time and friendlies, everyone on the team are not always on the same page --- or they not always on the same page for long.  IMHO if T&T played the same game they played in the 1st half, we would have had a higher probability of seeing a better result --- of course nothing is guaranteed, but I am hoping that we do not fall into the trap of throwing-out-the-baby-with-the-bathwater. 

There were some good things from last night's game, but those positives could only really be found in the 1st half.           
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 05:04:31 AM by OutsideMan »
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 07, 2016, 05:13:00 AM »
The US increased their passing tempo at the end of the first half and the first half of the second half. We did not react well  and try to maintain possesion. Instead we streached the play on the wings. This opened the game up. Usually we score like this but we also concede. The US did enough to stop us scoring and utalised the spaces created especially on their left to poision us.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 07, 2016, 05:16:07 AM »
Molino and Hyland inconsistency is a problem.

Abu Bakr is another problem.

Mitchell and Mekeil fights but gives away the ball cheaply.

Hart tried to play attacking and I respect him for that.

Levi might have to just stay as a super sub.

A lot of work to be done before November.

We should really go after DeLeon and Inniss.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 07, 2016, 05:26:48 AM »

Yuh should explore these items in a separate post.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 07, 2016, 05:30:14 AM »
um hmmmmmm......fraid to ponder if he being serious ......is coache

Dem two nuggets are worthy of exploration.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 07, 2016, 05:36:14 AM »
Perhaps Pulisic's contribution was not anticipated. Discuss.

(By the way, reminds of a match Martin Ødegaard played last year in European qualifying. Made some comments on his contribution then, somewhere on the forum. Guess what they have in common).
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 05:46:07 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 07, 2016, 05:38:11 AM »
g, based on all the comments I've read ... you might be best placed to contribute.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 07, 2016, 06:28:13 AM »
Love your analysis...Outside man spot on from how I saw this game
Two per medonas hamstring alot of the fluid ball movement...J J after running out if real estate has a bad case of dropping his head and trying too hard to go through whom ever is in front of him,he will give up the ball and most times ball watch instead of recovering defensively...saw it against Guat and also last night.
Then there is young Levi..lot to learn and if he wants to start, he must figure how to adjust,the team comes first...many times I have seen KJ letting him know in no uncertain terms,stop being selfish and make that extra pass
Love the first 43 minutes,we moved the ball well but lacked that killer pass or idea in the offensive third and all the US threw at us we did quite well to negotiate our way out of trouble
I thought we bossed the first 43 minutes,then that bad clearance took away all the good which was accomplished and basically we surrendered after that
I will use the first 43 as a blue print and build on it
One concern was the pairing of Abu and Mitchell, I could be incorrect but have they ever played as a tandem before,total mess in communication,I thought Yohance and either one of the two would make more sense
Well that's over...and
The best is yet to come
Hands off my Warriors
Jah bless and keep my Warriors safe for Nov 11 th

Offline CAPITANO

• Full Warrior
  • I heart zaboka
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 07, 2016, 06:48:54 AM »
We played well in the first half...but Pulisic for the US was too much to handle. Our defenders started backing away from him every time he got the ball
WE JAMMIN STILL!!!!!!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 07, 2016, 07:19:29 AM »
No need to panic. We played a good team in their house. We looked good in spurts and generated a few chances, if converted would have made the scoreline more respectable. I'm happy Hart at least has the team trying to player a "Trini" brand of ball and the players look confident in possession for the most part.

The team clearly was cruising on autopilot and we not good enough yet to do that against top notch opposition.

Even Real Madrid does get bore with a 3 or 4 nil from time to time.Everybody needs to RELAX
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 07, 2016, 07:32:08 AM »
Good morning ladies and gents. I hope you all have recovered from hottin up yuh heads. I for one was frustrated last night but I will support this team until the day I die. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is a new day. We're capable of beating these teams in the hex. We've shown what we can do when everything is firing on all cylinders, we know we have it within ourselves to bring that fury out again. We can get stronger from here. Keep your heads up guys. Have a blessed day!  :duel:
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

1]; } ?>