March 28, 2024, 12:14:46 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (6-Sept-2016)  (Read 64442 times)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (6-Sept-2016)
« Reply #391 on: September 07, 2016, 07:34:36 AM »
Saw Hart's interview.  He's pissed.  I hope JW doh take this as an opportunity to bump he gum and make things worse. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 07, 2016, 07:38:39 AM »
My take on the game last night: 

In the first half, T&T was effectively passing the ball, and finding the open man.  We were moving the ball, controlling the tempo, with fellas playing into the space, and moving to attack (though unsuccessful) when the opportunity presented itself.  T&T played a 'team football' and seemed to play to the 'flow' of the game, instead of trying to force the action and chasing the game.  Except for the poor defensive clearance, the focus on defense was pretty admirable, with pressure being applied to the opposition --- although much improvement is still needed. In the first half, the defense also contributed to the attack by distributing the ball with short passes to the open man to alleviate pressure from the opposition attackers.  This was a far cry from the amateurish defensive long-boot we always utilized, which in the past would effectively give the ball back to the opposition, and thus allow for constant counter-attacks on our goal.  The 1st half, our defense played with cool heads (until the 43rd minute), tackling, marking, retrieving the ball, and distributing it from defense and working the ball forward into attack with short passes.     

In the 2nd half, everything broke down.  Our ball movement and passing became almost nil.  Fellas all of a sudden decided to play one-on-one football, instead of the team game that was evident in the 1st half.  The small-ball passing-into-the-space ceased, and the silly over-dribbling took over.  The 2nd half was a return to our 'Hero-Ball' mentality;  Our defensive pressure also ceased, and we ceased 'working' the ball from defense.  We fell into past bad habits of trying to force the play, and we paid the price. 

I'm not sure if it was a mental thing or what.  The team don't yet seem to have an 'identity' as per what defines its game.  From what I see, Hart is rightfully attempting to instill a 'total football' style of play with the team, but probably with the lack of practice time and friendlies, everyone on the team are not always on the same page --- or they not always on the same page for long.  IMHO if T&T played the same game they played in the 1st half, we would have had a higher probability of seeing a better result --- of course nothing is guaranteed, but I am hoping that we do not fall into the trap of throwing-out-the-baby-with-the-bathwater. 

There were some good things from last night's game, but those positives could only really be found in the 1st half.           
Good analysis. Had we gone into the half 0-0, things might've gone differently in the 2nd half. Instead the US gained momentum and we got deflated and it showed early in the 2nd half. Hart spoke about us having to learn to kill games. We gave up a late goal against Guat and a late first half goal last night. Hyland as a senior player should have the wherewithal to know the half is almost over, let's not take any risks and clear that ball HIGH and WIDE. Now we can use these moments as lessons learned as we cannot afford to make these blunders in the next stage.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 07, 2016, 08:20:33 AM »
Marvin Phillip had a good game but there is something about him and Jan Michael that has me often feeling they likely to make a mistake that leads to a goal even when they're playing well.

Molino that plays for Orlando still has not turned up for T&T in this WCQ series so far.

When you're playing a well organised/better team, your offense has to be more clinical and play to your strengths. I can't remember any crosses coming into KJ to in the penalty box.

Bostock is needed in this midfield. This nonsense needs to be sorted out.

When I saw that 17 year, 145 lb Pulisic outfighting our players, I knew we were in trouble. Its one thing if its Altidore doing it, but jeez.

The Caribbean Cup qualifiers, we need to treat that competition very seriously and get our best players. It falls in the FIFA window and we can call our foreign based players. We play Dominican Rep and Martinique and its as useful an exercise as any.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 07, 2016, 08:27:34 AM »
My take on the game last night: 

In the first half, T&T was effectively passing the ball, and finding the open man.  We were moving the ball, controlling the tempo, with fellas playing into the space, and moving to attack (though unsuccessful) when the opportunity presented itself.  T&T played a 'team football' and seemed to play to the 'flow' of the game, instead of trying to force the action and chasing the game.  Except for the poor defensive clearance, the focus on defense was pretty admirable, with pressure being applied to the opposition --- although much improvement is still needed. In the first half, the defense also contributed to the attack by distributing the ball with short passes to the open man to alleviate pressure from the opposition attackers.  This was a far cry from the amateurish defensive long-boot we always utilized, which in the past would effectively give the ball back to the opposition, and thus allow for constant counter-attacks on our goal.  The 1st half, our defense played with cool heads (until the 43rd minute), tackling, marking, retrieving the ball, and distributing it from defense and working the ball forward into attack with short passes.     

In the 2nd half, everything broke down.  Our ball movement and passing became almost nil.  Fellas all of a sudden decided to play one-on-one football, instead of the team game that was evident in the 1st half.  The small-ball passing-into-the-space ceased, and the silly over-dribbling took over.  The 2nd half was a return to our 'Hero-Ball' mentality;  Our defensive pressure also ceased, and we ceased 'working' the ball from defense.  We fell into past bad habits of trying to force the play, and we paid the price. 

I'm not sure if it was a mental thing or what.  The team don't yet seem to have an 'identity' as per what defines its game.  From what I see, Hart is rightfully attempting to instill a 'total football' style of play with the team, but probably with the lack of practice time and friendlies, everyone on the team are not always on the same page --- or they not always on the same page for long.  IMHO if T&T played the same game they played in the 1st half, we would have had a higher probability of seeing a better result --- of course nothing is guaranteed, but I am hoping that we do not fall into the trap of throwing-out-the-baby-with-the-bathwater. 

There were some good things from last night's game, but those positives could only really be found in the 1st half.           
Good analysis. Had we gone into the half 0-0, things might've gone differently in the 2nd half. Instead the US gained momentum and we got deflated and it showed early in the 2nd half. Hart spoke about us having to learn to kill games. We gave up a late goal against Guat and a late first half goal last night. Hyland as a senior player should have the wherewithal to know the half is almost over, let's not take any risks and clear that ball HIGH and WIDE. Now we can use these moments as lessons learned as we cannot afford to make these blunders in the next stage.

There it is. Safety first.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 07, 2016, 08:31:05 AM »
Saw Hart's interview.  He's pissed.  I hope JW doh take this as an opportunity to bump he gum and make things worse.

In the scheme of things, this outcome is less serious than the thousands of people who struggled to get into the stadium at the home leg. All pronouncements should start there...particularly since we are hosting in a few weeks.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 07, 2016, 08:35:58 AM »
Quick 2 cents folks

Outsideman have it spot on, couldn't agree more.  As much as SandoP irking some (me too at times), his comments regarding our defensive frailties are also spot on, we need to stop ignoring this.  And it's not just our defense, many times in transition, our MF is absent leaving the back four stretched.  That said, the lack of a solid pairing for Bateau is troubling IMO, all the other CBs are capable, but can tell that Hart is in a quandary on this one. 

Lastly, our mentality works against us, whenever we are top dog or assured of something (Haiti Copa qual, this game, dare I say 11/19) we oftentimes fail.  It's a TT pschye that is difficult to break.  It's clear that Hart has tried by repeatedly saying "we have not achieved anything yet"...not sure how you address this either, but would be great if we figured out how...

FF, will lend you my icy hot  ;D
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 07, 2016, 08:37:38 AM »
What! Frico! You abandon we so early?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 07, 2016, 08:49:03 AM »
Could this be the excuse DJW was waiting for?

By ANY analysis, that would be unmerited and premature. And, I would be willing to drape the big Warrior Nation flag around me to assert that ... regardless of whether anyone joins me in protest.

Proper decision-making should not stem from machinated excuses.

One has to believe that good sense will prevail.

However, it's clear to me that on the ground in-country there are forces who seem inclined to substitute their judgement for SH's judgement.

We live and die by our decisions ... even good ones.  We certainly tend to "die" when bad decisons are made for good reasons and vice versa. In both circumstances, nuclear fallout is inevitable.

Hold strain, presi. We still fattening the calf.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 09:02:02 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 07, 2016, 08:54:49 AM »

And so easily.

Perhaps more than any other occasion in the last decade, I was disappointed rather than stoic. However, as I heard this week ... an error doesn't become a mistake unless yuh doh fix it. Something to that effect.

Error-fixing time, coachman. Yuh likely hadda apply the sword to the neck(s) that need cutting. Gut check time.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 08:56:55 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 07, 2016, 09:15:29 AM »

Hart reactions after 4-0 loss to United States in Jacksonville

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BCk1yiam7gk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BCk1yiam7gk</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 07, 2016, 09:16:13 AM »
^^ I agree with Hart, he said too many of our leaders tonight disappeared!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 07, 2016, 09:23:30 AM »

And so easily.

Perhaps more than any other occasion in the last decade, I was disappointed rather than stoic. However, as I heard this week ... an error doesn't become a mistake unless yuh doh fix it. Something to that effect.

Error-fixing time, coachman. Yuh likely hadda apply the sword to the neck(s) that need cutting. Gut check time.
Yup now is time to do like Pep and straighten things out...like how he put the sword to Hart (gk) neck easy easy. Even thought he's England's #1, he wasn't cutting it for what Pep wants.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 07, 2016, 09:28:45 AM »
^^ Listen to Hart, three of the goals US scored was due to T&T's sloppy passing. he said in the first half we were looking 'ok' and not 'very good'..we were not getting shots on goals.

Now when I say these things man does get emotional and want to say I wasting down the team. Now take it from the Coach!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 09:40:49 AM by Sando prince »

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 07, 2016, 09:29:05 AM »
https://youtu.be/H4X6-T8nx2A

The captain's comments...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: September 07, 2016, 09:29:38 AM »
https://youtu.be/H4X6-T8nx2A

The captain's comments...

He should be ashamed of his performance, I know Hart was disappointed in him

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 07, 2016, 10:25:50 AM »
I actually a little disappointed in Hart not taking some of the blame himself.. Unless of course the players didn't play to instruction. It was evident to me there was a need to change tactics in the second half and that just didn't happen....

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 07, 2016, 11:01:31 AM »
Hart playing dead to catch corbeuax alive.. The US will become overconfident and that leaves them exposed..

The hex will be a different story..
how's that, did hart personally confide in you??

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 07, 2016, 11:15:03 AM »
The fact that both Aubrey David and Daniel Cyrus both had a torrid time in the same position means the problem is not simply their play but the wingers failing to track back like so many others have said. How do we fix this while maintaining our attacking edge?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 07, 2016, 11:20:22 AM »
Good morning ladies and gents. I hope you all have recovered from hottin up yuh heads. I for one was frustrated last night but I will support this team until the day I die. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is a new day. We're capable of beating these teams in the hex. We've shown what we can do when everything is firing on all cylinders, we know we have it within ourselves to bring that fury out again. We can get stronger from here. Keep your heads up guys. Have a blessed day!  :duel:
yes all that is true, but we are in serious need of a capable starting goal keeper a central defender and a right full back.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 11:22:15 AM by pull stones »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 07, 2016, 11:23:22 AM »
The fact that both Aubrey David and Daniel Cyrus both had a torrid time in the same position means the problem is not simply their play but the wingers failing to track back like so many others have said. How do we fix this while maintaining our attacking edge?

Did they have a torrid time for the same reason?

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 07, 2016, 11:35:04 AM »
Good morning ladies and gents. I hope you all have recovered from hottin up yuh heads. I for one was frustrated last night but I will support this team until the day I die. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is a new day. We're capable of beating these teams in the hex. We've shown what we can do when everything is firing on all cylinders, we know we have it within ourselves to bring that fury out again. We can get stronger from here. Keep your heads up guys. Have a blessed day!  :duel:
yes all that is true, but we are in serious need of a capable starting goal keeper a central defender and a right full back.

You guys havent seen Marshall playing in Ascenso MX? The level is that of MLS.

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 07, 2016, 11:42:48 AM »
Like i said in another thread after the Guatemala game our defense is seriously lacking communication and chemistry which resulted in 3 of the 4 goals we got. We had a pretty solid first 35 mins or so then it started to fall away. Jomal and Winchester were not good especially Winchester listened to the commentary on i95.5 where they were pounding him was saying he isnt the standard of an international baller 

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 07, 2016, 11:45:47 AM »
Like i said in another thread after the Guatemala game our defense is seriously lacking communication and chemistry which resulted in 3 of the 4 goals we got. We had a pretty solid first 35 mins or so then it started to fall away. Jomal and Winchester were not good especially Winchester listened to the commentary on i95.5 where they were pounding him was saying he isnt the standard of an international baller
he isn't, that's no mystery, so is marvin phillip.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 07, 2016, 11:48:47 AM »
This team just needs to play more. Have to win our Caribbean Cup games in October and move from there. I think we play DR and Martinique one at home and one away. Need to beat both and build chemistry.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #415 on: September 07, 2016, 12:23:50 PM »
Contro have some weird axe to grind with Hyland. No matter how good or bad he play.

He still hoping Hardest get another call-up

At least an out of form, overweight hardest can dribble and pass a ball with the best of them, what the hell is Hyland doing? One of the worse passers on the team I've ever seen and he plays a central role in the mid..

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 07, 2016, 12:40:29 PM »
Is there another interview ? Did Hart say anything about the defense. I heard he said, to summarize, Leaders didn't step up, we had ok possession in the 1st, no shots, thus not good. he would have to re-evaluate his selective process (for me, that is taking some blame). I guess he could have said, "I was out-coached ". but remember another man get fired for that.
 Sando, who got emotional about your criticism, certainly not me, as i tried to reason and discuss with you.Even doh you were tryin to be rude and dismissive. I with man old mentality and level of playing experience, would hardly get emotional over a football result, or discussion of such and during our discussion/disagreement as per not it being the defense fault, others expressed their opinion, and didn't bother to argue. We all want the same thing, but I won't sell my soul for us to reach a world cup. And take it from a old man, i think you shouldn't either. Yet it all yours. Sorry, don't think Hart supported your defense argument. But it's ok, we all see the elephant in the room, i'm sure coach Hart will try to get it out the house, meanwhile it ain't kill nobody YET. It might, but if we all work together and coax it out, we all will be better for it, even if 2006 didn't prove it to be.  :praying:

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 07, 2016, 02:19:27 PM »
The Road to World Cup Glory is like any road in Trinbago... Plenty Traffic, deep Potholes, minor and major Accidents, Police with Speed gun, and a$$hole drivers cuttin in front trying to delay you from getting to your destination.....

That's all last night was a lil bump on the way to our destination... The course has been set, the car have plenty gas and the drivers and Passengers healthy... Onward to our destination #Russia2018....    :beermug: :beermug:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 04:21:38 PM by Adam Lake »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 07, 2016, 03:54:42 PM »
"I was out-coached ".

Never say that, max!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 07, 2016, 03:55:17 PM »
Guys, I did not see the game, but ....... :-\

1]; } ?>