March 28, 2024, 10:14:16 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (6-Sept-2016)  (Read 64436 times)

Offline neymar10

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (6-Sept-2016)
« Reply #420 on: September 07, 2016, 04:23:05 PM »
Guys let's be real here, our attackers HAVE potential to do great. And the mid field can always be fix especially with Bostock coming in.

I think the main problem is our defense which we cannot improve in with the current lineup. The best is Bateau and even Bateau himself can be inconsistent. He's just like Hyland. One minute they good next minute they make moves like they playing secondary school football. I think either we start looking for more solid defenders from overseas (if any are available) and local. Williams and David been disappointing so far. Cyrus as well. I remember all these defenders played extremely well in the gold cup, but something is wrong in the WCQ so far. Maybe Hart changed his coaching or something because something I've noticed in the defense is these guys aren't clearing out the balls with heart anymore. They're trying to hold position of the ball in the back. Before, they were clearing out everything inside the box, like amateurs holding on to a rope for their life, which was GREAT for us because it saved us from conceding. Now recently, we're trying to hold position in the back there as if we're a world class team, which we're not. We cannot play like that. Clear the ball out. Defend with heart. I think coach Hart has a lot of blame in the way the team is playing.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #421 on: September 07, 2016, 04:29:56 PM »
Guys let's be real here, our attackers HAVE potential to do great. And the mid field can always be fix especially with Bostock coming in.

I think the main problem is our defense which we cannot improve in with the current lineup. The best is Bateau and even Bateau himself can be inconsistent. He's just like Hyland. One minute they good next minute they make moves like they playing secondary school football. I think either we start looking for more solid defenders from overseas (if any are available) and local. Williams and David been disappointing so far. Cyrus as well. I remember all these defenders played extremely well in the gold cup, but something is wrong in the WCQ so far. Maybe Hart changed his coaching or something because something I've noticed in the defense is these guys aren't clearing out the balls with heart anymore. They're trying to hold position of the ball in the back. Before, they were clearing out everything inside the box, like amateurs holding on to a rope for their life, which was GREAT for us because it saved us from conceding. Now recently, we're trying to hold position in the back there as if we're a world class team, which we're not. We cannot play like that. Clear the ball out. Defend with heart. I think coach Hart has a lot of blame in the way the team is playing.

So let me get this straight, hyland playing for a top club in Belgium but can't dribble in the box and clear it properly but you blaming hart for that?

Hyland has been mediocre for years... Sub par at times, it amazes me he is playing abroad.. He has done nothing for our midfield ..

I much rather prefer Cummins and Guerra, at least they can dribble and pass.. Hylands lack of quality has nothing to do with Hart..

To be honest with you guys, I feel an arrangement was made.. US wasn't taking chances and needed to prove they are a good team...

Football is corrupt, keep that in mind..

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 07, 2016, 04:31:09 PM »
 :D
"I think either we start looking for more solid defenders from overseas (if any are available) and local. "
http://www.tinydeal.com/sports-outdoor-c-398.html
I check here but this store seem sold out

Man, u really want to go back to boom kick, and defending... we doh have Latapy, Yorke , Stern John, Cornell Glen etc anymoe you know..  Everybody glad to see no more Boomkick  and then u going so far to say we not a world class team...so why try to play world class football..to go to a world class tournament...is just...ahhh...hmmm...confusing
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 04:37:38 PM by maxg »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 07, 2016, 05:12:45 PM »

So let me get this straight, hyland playing for a top club in Belgium but can't dribble in the box and clear it properly but you blaming hart for that?

Hyland has been mediocre for years... Sub par at times, it amazes me he is playing abroad.. He has done nothing for our midfield ..

I much rather prefer Cummins and Guerra, at least they can dribble and pass.. Hylands lack of quality has nothing to do with Hart..

To be honest with you guys, I feel an arrangement was made.. US wasn't taking chances and needed to prove they are a good team...

Like yuh close to calling names.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #424 on: September 07, 2016, 05:47:01 PM »
...I think either we start looking for more solid defenders from overseas (if any are available) ...
Ryan Inniss still good? Ah see Crystal Palace loaning him out all over the place. Might be right up we alley.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 07, 2016, 06:57:55 PM »

Contro, you was going good until you reach this part. You saying the guys sellout. Nah, Breds, they lost fair and square. The played good first half by all the comments I heard, and then allowed themselves to be blown away in the second. Nah, I don't think so.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 07, 2016, 07:20:58 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/80pIl_XpQWs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/80pIl_XpQWs</a>
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 07, 2016, 07:47:59 PM »
Looking at the goal, the ball appear to hit the US forward's arm. Hyland's clearance came off his arm.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 07, 2016, 08:52:05 PM »
This has to be the biggest defeat the U S A has inflicted on TT in a WC game Heart has proven that he cannot coach at this level if he remains at the helm its all downhill from here Heart will bring TT back to the days of B ST Clair when TT use to get so much goals in we tail.
MR Williams has to make his 1st serious decision do I fire his backside now and piss off the locals or wait  till its after 3 to 4 games when the campaign is on its death bed like TT normally does, I await your decision MR Williams.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 07, 2016, 10:18:37 PM »
Guys, I did not see the game, but ....... :-\

Cmon.. I was hearing Klinnsman cussing dem men in the first half saying "you want Jamaica all over again" etc he was really harsh. Face it, USA wanted the win more - and our guys was playing the game just for fun trying not to get injured. It was a good game- I thought this tnt side kept the ball well and moved it well for the majority of the game- However, USA was quicker to the ball and YES we came out hard then after 40 mins we bun. So it's not that we didnt play well, we just didnt pace ourselves well. I saw the team opening 40 mins playing high up the pitch and forcing errors keeping the ball in the opposition area.. this is unprecedented and if it wasnt for some poor finishing and movement in the USA box we could of scored atleast 5.

Hart matched Jurgens team - we looked good. This scoreline flatters the USA - after the first goal momentum shifted and this is b.c US was solid at the back - it seemed like a mountain to climb - then the team became complacent in a 20 min span and gifted the game to a gasping desperate USA side. Moments I was worried about is when Alitdore went 1 on 1 with abu bakr and won the battle.. this should never happen.. gotta work on ur fitness... oh and Pulusic.. that kid is always in the gym he talked about it on his interview.. he is small so he is working hard on his physicality.. he is pacey good ball control and if u dont take him down he will keep running at u.

Gratz to USA and a good lesson learnt for TNT .. alot of data to process and areas to work on.. if we had won ... we wouldnt care to improve now we know what we have to do to qualify - concentration for full 95 mins.. 

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 07, 2016, 10:25:11 PM »
This has to be the biggest defeat the U S A has inflicted on TT in a WC game Heart has proven that he cannot coach at this level if he remains at the helm its all downhill from here Heart will bring TT back to the days of B ST Clair when TT use to get so much goals in we tail.
MR Williams has to make his 1st serious decision do I fire his backside now and piss off the locals or wait  till its after 3 to 4 games when the campaign is on its death bed like TT normally does, I await your decision MR Williams.

If they do go with a new coach, I would go with either an Italian with small side Serie A experience because those coaches are master at tactics and know how to defend and play counterattack to win games 1-0 which should be the goal for T&T as quality wise the other teams are superior in depth. If you don't think so, take Honduras probably the weakest side among the other 5 and their young forward Albert Ellis is a new signing of Club Monterrey which is leaps and bounds above MLS quality or even Belgium League for that matter. T&T has players like Cesar and Winchester, or Plaza.

Another option would be an experienced Concacaf man. Only few namea come to mind. Bob Bradley or Paulo Wanchope or a former Mexico National Team coach. Maybe Aguirre.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #431 on: September 07, 2016, 10:28:18 PM »

If they do go with a new coach, I would go with either an Italian with small side Serie A experience because those coaches are master at tactics and know how to defend and play counterattack to win games 1-0 which should be the goal for T&T as quality wise the other teams are superior in depth. If you don't think so, take Honduras probably the weakest side among the other 5 and their young forward Albert Ellis is a new signing of Club Monterrey which is leaps and bounds above MLS quality or even Belgium League for that matter. T&T has players like Cesar and Winchester, or Plaza.

Another option would be an experienced Concacaf man. Only few namea come to mind. Bob Bradley or Paulo Wanchope or a former Mexico National Team coach. Maybe Aguirre.

Allyuh men gone mad or wha... A game that didn't matter in terms of qualifying and you're ready to hang him out to dry..

Don't be foolish..

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 07, 2016, 10:55:12 PM »

Allyuh men gone mad or wha... A game that didn't matter in terms of qualifying and you're ready to hang him out to dry..

Don't be foolish..
ya ... I mean cmon .. this team stringing passed together.. fighting hard even at 4-0 there is quality in this team - it is a far cry from the long hoping ball days. Be proud and support the team in good and bad ... this is our team for the hex - Save the negativity for the big teams who under achieve - our boys already over achieved by reaching the hex. Imagine Jamaica - Haiti, El Salvador, Canada all not there. Be proud and show your support and if u can contribute in a positive way do so.. but nothing good will ever come out of blasting your players - give them confidence.. yes Hyland made a bad pass in big games thats all it takes to lose a game - he was the one that scored against Guatemala away u forget that? or you guys just have selective memory??..  we have no yorke no latas and to be honest this group played way better than any other I can remember in history in terms of attacking in the modern game. The 06 warriors were solid at the back and they still get hit for 7 against mexico. remember that?

I gorn dey.. And I am very very proud. This team will make us proud even if they dont qualify I am satisfied.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 10:59:13 PM by SWO_TNTFAN »

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 08, 2016, 05:57:29 AM »

Don't be foolish..
ya ... I mean cmon .. this team stringing passed together.. fighting hard even at 4-0 there is quality in this team - it is a far cry from the long hoping ball days. Be proud and support the team in good and bad ... this is our team for the hex - Save the negativity for the big teams who under achieve - our boys already over achieved by reaching the hex. Imagine Jamaica - Haiti, El Salvador, Canada all not there. Be proud and show your support and if u can contribute in a positive way do so.. but nothing good will ever come out of blasting your players - give them confidence.. yes Hyland made a bad pass in big games thats all it takes to lose a game - he was the one that scored against Guatemala away u forget that? or you guys just have selective memory??..  we have no yorke no latas and to be honest this group played way better than any other I can remember in history in terms of attacking in the modern game. The 06 warriors were solid at the back and they still get hit for 7 against mexico. remember that?

I gorn dey.. And I am very very proud. This team will make us proud even if they dont qualify I am satisfied.

Since Gold Cup 2015, how many games di T&T win and against who including friendlies? I count the away win to Guatemala and the two wins with power house SVG. My church team fields more quality than SVG.

Losses to powerhouse Haiti, China, Peru and Uruguay. Most losses are with scores of 3 or 4 goals against.

The best games they had last year were the two versus Mexico where they still gave up 7 goals.

Really the only team T&T has been able to beat in the last two years is Guatemala which never made it to the World Cup

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 08, 2016, 06:33:45 AM »
My take on the game last night: 

In the first half, T&T was effectively passing the ball, and finding the open man.  We were moving the ball, controlling the tempo, with fellas playing into the space, and moving to attack (though unsuccessful) when the opportunity presented itself.  T&T played a 'team football' and seemed to play to the 'flow' of the game, instead of trying to force the action and chasing the game.  Except for the poor defensive clearance, the focus on defense was pretty admirable, with pressure being applied to the opposition --- although much improvement is still needed. In the first half, the defense also contributed to the attack by distributing the ball with short passes to the open man to alleviate pressure from the opposition attackers.  This was a far cry from the amateurish defensive long-boot we always utilized, which in the past would effectively give the ball back to the opposition, and thus allow for constant counter-attacks on our goal.  The 1st half, our defense played with cool heads (until the 43rd minute), tackling, marking, retrieving the ball, and distributing it from defense and working the ball forward into attack with short passes.     

In the 2nd half, everything broke down.  Our ball movement and passing became almost nil.  Fellas all of a sudden decided to play one-on-one football, instead of the team game that was evident in the 1st half.  The small-ball passing-into-the-space ceased, and the silly over-dribbling took over.  The 2nd half was a return to our 'Hero-Ball' mentality;  Our defensive pressure also ceased, and we ceased 'working' the ball from defense.  We fell into past bad habits of trying to force the play, and we paid the price. 

I'm not sure if it was a mental thing or what.  The team don't yet seem to have an 'identity' as per what defines its game.  From what I see, Hart is rightfully attempting to instill a 'total football' style of play with the team, but probably with the lack of practice time and friendlies, everyone on the team are not always on the same page --- or they not always on the same page for long.  IMHO if T&T played the same game they played in the 1st half, we would have had a higher probability of seeing a better result --- of course nothing is guaranteed, but I am hoping that we do not fall into the trap of throwing-out-the-baby-with-the-bathwater. 

There were some good things from last night's game, but those positives could only really be found in the 1st half.           
I know we have a lot of work to do.  I know it is a great challenge for us. I am realistic about our chances, but this the best analysis of the game I saw. And I was in the lower level, Center, Row L. for the game. All the naysayers will jump back on the bandwagon after one win.
I am a Warrior til I die!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: September 08, 2016, 06:55:56 AM »

Don't be foolish..

Since Gold Cup 2015, how many games di T&T win and against who including friendlies? I count the away win to Guatemala and the two wins with power house SVG. My church team fields more quality than SVG.

Losses to powerhouse Haiti, China, Peru and Uruguay. Most losses are with scores of 3 or 4 goals against.

The best games they had last year were the two versus Mexico where they still gave up 7 goals.

Really the only team T&T has been able to beat in the last two years is Guatemala which never made it to the World Cup

Can your church team score three (3) goals against Guatemala in Guatemala?  ;D I would imagine allyuh good for 9, but ...

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 08, 2016, 07:01:13 AM »

Don't be foolish..

Can your church team score three (3) goals against Guatemala in Guatemala?  ;D I would imagine allyuh good for 9, but ...

PDL teams are better than SVG

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 08, 2016, 07:03:26 AM »
Excellent first 20 minutes by the Warriors.The final 70 show that as a team we are not emotionally, physically, and mentally prepared to play 90 minutes like we did the first 20. The game to me was a referendum on Hart's tactics and approach to the all but the last game. The game is proof that Hart knows his players, knows the level of the competition and has developed an approach that works. First 5 qualifying games undefeated, adjusted tactics lose 4-0.

A final note, on all the Christian Pulisic what I call over hype. The same Christian Pulisic was completely shut down last year in Concacaf U17 WC Qualification by our Noah Powder(then U17 Captain). Its a year later and players develop but I was shocked to see him dominate our defense when last year he could not do anything against our U17(though we lost 2-0).

Watch the highlights, Pulisic wearing the Number 10 but no part of the match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzX-u9CeHAY

Either our Men's National defense poor, Pulisic improve tremendously in 18 months or Hart need to call in young Noah Powder.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 08, 2016, 07:23:30 AM »
Excellent first 20 minutes by the Warriors.The final 70 show that as a team we are not emotionally, physically, and mentally prepared to play 90 minutes like we did the first 20. The game to me was a referendum on Hart's tactics and approach to the all but the last game. The game is proof that Hart knows his players, knows the level of the competition and has developed an approach that works. First 5 qualifying games undefeated, adjusted tactics lose 4-0.

A final note, on all the Christian Pulisic what I call over hype. The same Christian Pulisic was completely shut down last year in Concacaf U17 WC Qualification by our Noah Powder(then U17 Captain). Its a year later and players develop but I was shocked to see him dominate our defense when last year he could not do anything against our U17(though we lost 2-0).

Watch the highlights, Pulisic wearing the Number 10 but no part of the match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzX-u9CeHAY

Either our Men's National defense poor, Pulisic improve tremendously in 18 months or Hart need to call in young Noah Powder.
watching this clip only reaffirms our uncommitted mentality as a people in the world of sports. take a look at the urgency and the body language of the american players in comparison to the local lads, it's leap and bounds in favor of the americans.

trinidad and tobago needs to come to terms with the notion of, and our approach to competition, which begs the question, are we really up for the task and to make the serious effort needed to compete well? if our players start with this mentality it's obvious that it would take quite a bit of time to wean them of this lacks anyhow modus operandi as is still evident with quite a few of our senior players.

there must be proper youth training programs like they do in england and germany to curb bad habits and create a winning mentality from a very early age. i wish all academy owners the best of luck including mr sherwood, stern john and all the brave souls who embarks on such a difficult task.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 07:27:07 AM by pull stones »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 08, 2016, 08:18:43 AM »

Don't be foolish..

How much would your church league team geh from a PDL squad? Doh answer that.  :)

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 08, 2016, 08:30:15 AM »
:D
"I think either we start looking for more solid defenders from overseas (if any are available) and local. "
http://www.tinydeal.com/sports-outdoor-c-398.html
I check here but this store seem sold out

Man, u really want to go back to boom kick, and defending... we doh have Latapy, Yorke , Stern John, Cornell Glen etc anymoe you know..  Everybody glad to see no more Boomkick  and then u going so far to say we not a world class team...so why try to play world class football..to go to a world class tournament...is just...ahhh...hmmm...confusing
Boomkick is valuable sometimes. When it was necessary to desperately get the ball out of the box with US players occupying our defensive third, we failed to do so.  But just booming every time the ball is played into the box is not a winning strategy.  It is a matter of judgement which our players failed to apply appropriately. I hope we can solve it before November.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 08, 2016, 08:34:48 AM »

Don't be foolish..

How much would your church league team geh from a PDL squad? Doh answer that.  :)

Depends if the pastor referee is biased 😇

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 08, 2016, 08:45:33 AM »
A final note, on all the Christian Pulisic what I call over hype.

-----

I would agree with 'over hype'... Thomas Tuchel, Juergen Klinsmann and Juergen Klopp are overhyped know-nothings as well.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 08, 2016, 10:49:15 AM »
A final note, on all the Christian Pulisic what I call over hype.

-----

I would agree with 'over hype'... Thomas Tuchel, Juergen Klinsmann and Juergen Klopp are overhyped know-nothings as well.

Sarcasm is still strong I see.

He hyped for a reason. Let see if he can maintain. Moreover lets see if he gets playing time this year at BVB. That would make a big statement.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 08, 2016, 10:57:04 AM »
Kid already did the damage as things stand today. Nothing else to see here. When we meet him again, we meet him again. Whatever happens at Dortmund or not.

Some ppl stuck on his age, buh like many ignoring ... when he is on the field he is a PLAYER. Straight up subject to the same success or failure as any other player.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 08, 2016, 12:04:38 PM »
RE: Coach Hart -  moot point, as we have no money for anyone else as an upgrade.

He has definitely brought us back up from mediocrity over the last few years. Given our history getting to the HEX is an achievement. The Gold Cup run last time around was as well. Interspersed in there also are the 2 performances vs Mexico (4-4 and 3-3).

But like everyone else I am very concerned about the team shape/defense.

Doesn't matter if this game didn't have much bearing on us, its a national WCQ, so it is important. It was indeed a spineless display, esp in the second half.

With this kind of defensive form, we will easily come in dead last in the HEX.

We are in the HEX, but alarm bells are ringing loudly.

We need wholesale changes in terms of defense and team shape, and the Carib Cup is the place to tweak it.

I hope four all our sake Hart and our players are up to the task. If we can get this in order, we can make a serious run at that 3rd automatic spot. If not, we will have to settle for the achievement of making the HEX.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 08, 2016, 12:40:52 PM »

Welcome back shabazz.  How Guyana doin?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 08, 2016, 02:13:27 PM »
Well said Palos. Moderators we need a like button on this forum
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 08, 2016, 03:17:21 PM »
I haven't read all the posts. So I don't know if anyone mentioned this or something along this line. We are prone to make a lot of easy mistakes in the back when Bateau is away. This is what always leads to the sh1t goals. .
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 03:20:28 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 08, 2016, 04:05:33 PM »
Well said Palos. Moderators we need a like button on this forum

he want we to go back playing aimless boom kick football dat he does coach
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 04:08:43 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>