March 29, 2024, 12:54:51 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Guatemala Game (2-Sept-2016)  (Read 66957 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T vs Guatemala Game (2-Sept-2016)
« on: July 28, 2015, 03:19:34 PM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying T&T vs Guatemala game at the Hasley Crawford Stadium on the 2nd of September 2016 will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

To be updated.

Possible Online Streams.

To be updated.

Possible TV Station.

Will be on in the US at NBC Universo at 7pm Eastern. Xfinity channel 680.

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers

Greg Ranjitsingh (Louisville City FC—US), Marvin Phillip (Morvant Caledonia United), Adrian Foncette (Police).

Defenders

Aubrey David (FC Dallas—US), Daneil Cyrus (W Connection), Radanfah Abu Bakr (JK Silame Kalev—Estonia), Sheldon Bateau (KC Krylia Sovetov—Russia), Yohance Marshall (Murcielagos FC—Mexico), Mekeil Williams (Colorado Rapids—USA), Carlyle Mitchell (Seoul E Land—Korea Republic).

Midfielders

Andre Boucaud (Dagenham & Redbridge—England), Khaleem Hyland (KV Westerlo—Belgium), Hughtun Hector (W Connection), Neveal Hackshaw (Charleston Battery—USA), Kevan George (Jackson Armada FC—US), Levi Garcia (AZ Alkmaar—Netherlands), Jomal Williams (Murcielagos FC—Mexico), Kevin Molino (Orlando City—US), Cordell Cato (San Jose Earthquakes—US), Joevin Jones (Seattle Sounders—US).

Forwards

Shahdon Winchester (Murcielagos FC—Mexico), Kenwyne Jones (Central FC), Trevin Caesar (Orange County Blues—US).

Coach - Stephen Hart.

Guatemala Squad

Goalkeepers

To be updated.

Defenders

To be updated.

Midfielders

To be updated.

Forwards

To be updated.

Coach - To be updated.

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 09:07:21 PM by Tallman »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Guatemala Game (2-Sept-2016)
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 04:32:23 PM »
Prosecutors will not charge Miss Washington USA in stabbing of Rapids' Marco Pappa.
By Jesse Paul (The Denver Post).

Miss Washington USA Stormy Keffeler was implicated in stabbing of soccer player in Seattle

Prosecutors in Seattle will not file charges against Miss Washington USA Stormy Keffeler in the December stabbing of Colorado Rapids player Marco Pappa.

"No criminal charges are being filed," Dan Donohoe, spokesman for the King County Prosecutor's Office, told The Denver Post on Thursday. "The case has been declined as legally insufficient."

Police records say officers found soccer midfielder Pappa in his Seattle apartment on Dec. 17 with stab wounds and soaked with blood. They also found a bloody kitchen knife and Keffeler with blood on her hands.

Pappa was uncooperative with investigators, according to an internal memo from the prosecutor's office reviewed by The Post, and did not return requests for further information.

Keffeler, who was 23 years old at the time of the stabbing, is Pappa's ex-girlfriend and the Miss Washington pageant winner.

Police said Pappa and Keffeler appeared to be intoxicated when police questioned them about how Pappa became wounded with 2- to 3-inch stab wounds in his left side.

Keffeler originally said Pappa showed up at the apartment with the wound, authorities said. Then she changed her story, saying they were walking home from a bar when an unknown person bumped into Pappa before they noticed he was hurt.

Eventually, Keffeler refused to continue talking with police, according to official records. Pappa was taken to a Seattle hospital for treatment.

Inside the apartment, investigators found blood trails snaking through the residence leading to blood-spattered bathroom walls with stab marks on them. One investigator found a bloody kitchen knife in the kitchen that was taken for evidence.

After Pappa was treated, he told investigators several different stories about the night, including that he was having dinner, felt some pain and later found out he was stabbed, according to police reports. He also told investigators that after leaving a restaurant with Keffeler, he gave money to a homeless person in the street then noticed he was stabbed.

Pappa denied that Keffeler stabbed him, stating that he was drunk and couldn't remember what happened, the reports say.

The internal memo says, however, blood evidence in Pappa's apartment, including on the knife found in the home and the absence of any blood evidence near the apartment's entrance, undermine his claim that he was stabbed outside.

Keffeler was crowned Miss Washington USA in October, but resigned her crown in January after she failed to disclose a driving under the influence conviction, The Associated Press reports.

Pappa, who was traded to the Rapids from the Seattle Sounders two days before being stabbed, missed team workouts after the stabbing and it took weeks for him to regain physical fitness.

He didn't see any competitive action during the preseason.

Pappa has been the Rapids' most important offensive player this season, having played a role in all three goals Colorado has scored.

In four games (two starts), the creative maestro has two assists and scored a game-winning goal against Los Angeles Galaxy on March 12 to give the Rapids their first win of the season.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 09:54:04 AM »
Lock up both scumbags.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 10:11:03 AM »
T&T should blank Carlos Ruiz a VISA.

USA does do it, we should do it to.

:rotfl:

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 11:34:23 AM »
this is a MASSIVE game...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 05:14:22 PM »
this is a MASSIVE game...

We'll be READY!!! ;D
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 11:15:40 PM »
I still strongly believe the national team should play a friendly match against a regional team in August to prepare for this game. The one game against Uruguay in May is not enough. Remember this game is at the beginning of a new club season in September so many of our players will be rusty.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 11:18:00 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 09:48:08 AM »
I agree.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 06:29:00 AM »
Name allyuh team nah?

Yuh see de Pro League schedule f00cking up T&T national team.

We have to play Guatemala and USA and them players active in they leagues.

So now Hartie have to pick a bunch of foreign players (except MLS) on preseason and local players who eh play a regular game since de pro league ova in May.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 06:41:39 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2016, 09:45:06 AM »
Jan-Michael Williams, Marvin Phillip, Greg Ramjitshingh

Sheldon Bateau, Radanfah Abu Bakr, Aubrey David, Weslie John, Yohance Marshall, Mekeil Williams, Triston Hodge

Andre Boucaud, Sean De Silva, Levi Garcia, Kevan George, Joevin Jones, Kevin Molino, Jomal Williams, Cordell Cato, Khaleem Hyland

Kenwyne Jones, Shahdon Winchester, Nathan Lewis, Willis Plaza

John Bostock, Nick DeLeon, Keron Cummings?

Hyland is a big gamble, he just cant play consistent football.

Cyrus too.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 11:39:29 AM by Errol »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 08:17:04 PM »
Jan-Michael Williams, Marvin Phillip, Greg Ramjitshingh

Sheldon Bateau, Radanfah Abu Bakr, Aubrey David, Weslie John, Yohance Marshall, Mekeil Williams, Triston Hodge

Andre Boucaud, Sean De Silva, Levi Garcia, Kevan George, Joevin Jones, Kevin Molino, Jomal Williams, Cordell Cato, Khaleem Hyland

Kenwyne Jones, Shahdon Winchester, Nathan Lewis, Willis Plaza

John Bostock, Nick DeLeon, Keron Cummings?

Hyland is a big gamble, he just cant play consistent football.

Cyrus too.

Has Jan recovered from his  injury?

Any confirmation on Bostock or DeLeon?  Or is this just a team yuh naming?

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2016, 06:28:44 AM »
I sincerely hope there will be multiple entrances to the stadium, and trained personnel at security. The scenes outside the USA match should not be forgotten.  :beermug:

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2016, 07:27:57 AM »
I sincerely hope there will be multiple entrances to the stadium, and trained personnel at security. The scenes outside the USA match should not be forgotten.  :beermug:

Smh...have to wonder sometimes...one major reason I will leave the boys home with moms and grandmoms
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Boucaud wants Trinidad and Tobago to get it right on September 2nd
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2016, 07:34:45 AM »
Boucaud wants Trinidad and Tobago to get it right on September 2nd
TTFA Media

With September 2nd approaching, T&T English-based midfielder Andre Boucaud is gearing himself for the crucial 2018 World Cup qualifier against Guatemala at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

A draw will push T&T through to the Hexagonal round which begins in November but T&T faces the United States on September 6 and perfect results in both matches will see T&T top the semi final group ahead of the Americans.

“Yeah of course we’d love to top the group, like many people didn’t expect us to come out of the Gold Cup group ahead of Mexico but for me, the main thing is getting the result against Guatemala to take us into the Hex,” Boucaud said.

“Everyone knows how hard we’ve worked to get here and there’s no way we can expect Guatemala to come home and make it easy for us because they have a good chance as well,” he added.

“The last three games for us weren’t pretty but I think once we come in with the best possible team again and we get the right build up then we can go into the Guatemala game at home knowing that it’s ours for the taking. That is the kind of positive approach we must have, get the right result and then go to the US and try to finish the group on top.

“At the moment I’m getting myself ready for the new season ahead with Dagenham. We’re into preseason now, working hard so by the time I come to Trinidad for the game I should be all fired up for it,” Boucaud said.

T&T are on 10 points, three ahead of the US with Guatemala in third place with six points and St Vincent in the bottom place without a point. So far only Mexico has assured its place in the CONCACAF Final phase which begins in November. If T&T tops the semi-final group they will open the Final stage at home to Mexico.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 05:09:22 PM »
Not only you Boucard. We all want T&T to get it right on September 2nd.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 05:45:53 PM »
I hope all of them are working on their own fitness level. Hart would not have time for that. When they come for this game, they should mostly be doing strategy, tactics, offensive and defensive free kicks and cornerscorners, and penalties.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2016, 01:15:02 AM »
So are we going to have a friendly .. before this game ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2016, 06:52:16 AM »
Any word on Jan? I think we need to be concerned. I see a nightmare occurring if we are without  him. Something to think about.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2016, 11:52:26 AM »
Less than a month to go. No word on Bostock, no word on Jan fitness, no preparation plans.

Guatemala have a three week training camp starting next week with two friendlies against Panama...  :waiting:

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2016, 12:15:17 PM »
To be fair 90-95 % of Guatemala's core squad is based in Guatemala. Compare that to ours where our core players are based in the USA, England, Belgium and Russia. Hardly likely we can have a three week camp prior to a game when players are dotted all over the globe. The only reason I believe they (ie TTFA) would have to release the information on Bostock's eligibility is for us the fans benefit, other than that their is no other beneficial reason. Correct me if I wrong but one poster in the last few days noted that Jan was still not fit and wasn't on the team sheet for Central's CCL game vs Vancouver Whitecaps.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2016, 12:16:02 PM »
I think Jan out for the season
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2016, 01:10:18 PM »
I think Jan out for the season
To be fair 90-95 % of Guatemala's core squad is based in Guatemala. Compare that to ours where our core players are based in the USA, England, Belgium and Russia. Hardly likely we can have a three week camp prior to a game when players are dotted all over the globe. The only reason I believe they (ie TTFA) would have to release the information on Bostock's eligibility is for us the fans benefit, other than that their is no other beneficial reason. Correct me if I wrong but one poster in the last few days noted that Jan was still not fit and wasn't on the team sheet for Central's CCL game vs Vancouver Whitecaps.

I didn't expect us to have a three week camp honestly. Just some word on preparation plans. Leads one to think there are none... yet.

I also think Jan is out, but no official word. His club would probably be the source for that.

As for Bostock, if the TTFA had any good news I'm sure Feuntes & co. would have said something. Usually with T&T silence means no news which in this case means bad news.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2016, 01:30:17 PM »
When I don't hear any news about the team, I tend to get nervous but...say what we have a month, plenty time still

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Guatemala roster for Panama friendly named
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2016, 09:35:35 AM »
Guatemala roster for Panama friendly named
CONCACAF.com

Guatemala will travel with a 20-player roster for an international friendly on August 10 at Central American rival Panama.

Head coach Walter Claveri is using the match as preparation for his team’s last two fourth-round World Cup qualifiers against Group A table-topper Trinidad & Tobago (September 2, away) and out-of-contention St. Vincent & the Grenadines (September 6, home).

The Guatemalans currently sit in third place, one point behind the United States.  A win or draw against T&T will keep them in contention.  A loss to the Caribbean power, however, combined with a U.S. victory over SVG, will mean elimination.

The squad – that includes seven players from Comunicaciones and five from Municipal – will convene on Monday at the Project Goal facility.

ROSTER

GOALKEEPERS: Paulo Motta (Municipal), Jose Carlos Garcia (Xelaju MC)

DEFENDERS: Eddy Aragon (Marquense), Luis Cardona (Municipal), Wilmer Garcia (Malacateco), Cristian Jimenez (Municipal), Wilson Lalin (Comunicaciones), Hamilton Lopez (Xelaju MC), Rafael Morales (Comunicaciones), Jeffrey Payeras (LA Galaxy II/USA)

MIDFIELDERS: Jorge Aparicio (Comunicaciones), Jose Contreras (Comunicaciones), Jose Carlos Martinez (Municipal), Jean Marquez (Comunicaciones)

FORWARDS: Mario Castellanosn (Coban Imperial), Luis Martinez (Xelaju MC), Víctor Alexis Matta (Municipal), Carlos Mejia (Comunicaciones), Carlos Ruiz (no club), Gerson Tinoco (Comunicaciones)
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2016, 01:36:47 PM »
When I don't hear any news about the team, I tend to get nervous but...say what we have a month, plenty time still

Soccer man, don't  panic Breds, everything under control!  ;D

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2016, 07:28:57 PM »

Soccer man, don't  panic Breds, everything under control!  ;D

In de fullness of time?  ;)
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2016, 07:55:51 PM »
Usually clubs get notified about a month in advance and then the squad is announced about a week or two after. I assume that week is to engage in dialogue in case there may be any issue that could affect availability. Injury, negotiations based on club commitments etc before the final squad is posted.

Thats why we sometimes get updates on club sites on individual players before the full squad is announced
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 07:57:44 PM by g »
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2016, 06:27:05 PM »
Tickets for the upcoming all important 2018 CONCACAF World Cup qualifier between this Country’s National Senior Men’s Team and Guatemala at the Hasely Crawford Stadium will go on sale on Thursday August 18th, 2016.

Tickets, priced at $300 (Covered Section) and $150 (Uncovered Section) will be available exclusively through Sun Tixx on the Via network and will remain on sale while stocks last and throughout the duration of the match which takes place at 7 pm on Friday September 2nd, 2016.

Fans can visit any of the nine hundred (900) National Lotteries Control Board (NLCB) Lotto outlets nationwide to purchase their tickets. Patrons are also advised to avoid counterfeit ticket issues by purchasing directly and only from the authorized agents.

Gates will open at 4pm at the Stadium on September 2nd.

Fans can also visit www.TTFootball.org for further updates.

http://ttfootball.org/2016/08/09/tickets-for-tt-vs-guatemala-on-sale-from-august-18th-at-all-lotto-outlets/

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Stephen Hart is expected to announce his final squad for the match in two weeks time. T&T needs a point to assure themselves of a place in the CONCACAF Final Round of qualification which begins in November. T&T will also face the United States in Jacksonville, Florida on September 6th.  The “Warriors” are currently top of the semi-final group with ten points with the US in second on seven points following by Guatemala (6 pts) and St Vincent/Grenadines (0).

The qualifying process began back in January 2015 and is now into the Fourth Round, where the top two teams from each of three groups will advance to the final Hexagonal round.

In the six-team “Hex,” the top three finishers will automatically qualify to the 2018 World Cup, while the fourth-place team will advance to a playoff against Asia’s fifth-place finisher for a ticket to Russia.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2016, 09:50:17 PM »
Tickets for the upcoming all important 2018 CONCACAF World Cup qualifier between this Country’s National Senior Men’s Team and Guatemala at the Hasely Crawford Stadium will go on sale on Thursday August 18th, 2016.

Tickets, priced at $300 (Covered Section) and $150 (Uncovered Section) will be available exclusively through Sun Tixx on the Via network and will remain on sale while stocks last and throughout the duration of the match which takes place at 7 pm on Friday September 2nd, 2016.

Fans can visit any of the nine hundred (900) National Lotteries Control Board (NLCB) Lotto outlets nationwide to purchase their tickets. Patrons are also advised to avoid counterfeit ticket issues by purchasing directly and only from the authorized agents.

Gates will open at 4pm at the Stadium on September 2nd.

Fans can also visit www.TTFootball.org for further updates.

http://ttfootball.org/2016/08/09/tickets-for-tt-vs-guatemala-on-sale-from-august-18th-at-all-lotto-outlets/

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Stephen Hart is expected to announce his final squad for the match in two weeks time. T&T needs a point to assure themselves of a place in the CONCACAF Final Round of qualification which begins in November. T&T will also face the United States in Jacksonville, Florida on September 6th.  The “Warriors” are currently top of the semi-final group with ten points with the US in second on seven points following by Guatemala (6 pts) and St Vincent/Grenadines (0).

The qualifying process began back in January 2015 and is now into the Fourth Round, where the top two teams from each of three groups will advance to the final Hexagonal round.

In the six-team “Hex,” the top three finishers will automatically qualify to the 2018 World Cup, while the fourth-place team will advance to a playoff against Asia’s fifth-place finisher for a ticket to Russia.

:beermug:

1]; } ?>