March 28, 2024, 01:56:27 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Guatemala Game (2-Sept-2016)  (Read 66926 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Guatemala Game (2-Sept-2016)
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2016, 06:05:17 PM »
Guatemala's friendly versus Panama kicks off at 9:30 pm T&T time tonight.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2016, 07:06:21 PM »
any link?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2016, 07:50:07 PM »
Thought I had a link I could work with, but dahis not the case. Only have the starting XIs and the score. Scoreless at ~20'. Match being played at the ground where our NT trained for the friendly versus Panama last year. Smaller facility. Not at the national stadium. Doh look anywhere close to packed doh.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 07:54:23 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2016, 08:05:26 PM »
http://www.tvmax-9.com/en_vivo/   seem to work if you spoof your ip address using something like anonymoX

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2016, 08:18:19 PM »
Still no goals at the half.

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2016, 08:23:55 PM »
Link for game, may take a little while to load.
http://azulyblanco.co/streamr?id=4

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2016, 09:26:08 PM »
The good news: Guatemala did not score despite reportedly more possession. The bad news? ... They also did not concede.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2016, 09:33:38 PM »
The good news: Guatemala did not score despite reportedly more possession. The bad news? ... They also did not concede.

ain't going to be no walk in the park nah... 10, 14 & 20 and quite a few others have deft flicks and nice darting runs that could earn them free kicks in difficult places. I think we will score one and hopefully not concede 2.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2016, 10:28:17 PM »
We beat them away ...We should beat them at home. Not an "easy" task, but the conditions require that outcome.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2016, 01:45:17 AM »
Hart sets his sights on Guatemala for September 2nd World Cup Qualifier.
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Stephen Hart took time on  Wednesday to relay some of his thoughts leading up to this country’s all important 2018 World Cup Qualifier against Guatemala at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Friday September 2nd, 2018.

The “Warriors” boss said he expects to announce his squad for the match in the final week of August and he is continuing to monitor the exploits of his players both on the local and overseas stage before naming the final roster. T&T also faces the United States in Jacksonville, Florida on September 6th. The ‘Warriors” are currently top of the four-team group with ten points, three ahead of second placed USA and Guatemala (6 points) and they need a point to secure a spot in the final round.

“It’s obvious that we need to get points from these two games. Guatemala is the first game at home and we are all aware of the business that needs to be done to get us into the next round,” Hart told TTFA Media.

T&T defeated Guatemala in Guatemala City in the earlier qualifier in November with Khaleem Hyland and Kenwyne Jones netting the two goals. T&T also got off to a flyer with three first half goals in T&T’s 3-1 win at the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup. The last time T&T needed a victory to stay live in the final round of qualifying back in 2005, Russell Latapy notched the equalizer and Stern John grabbed a late double to give the “Warriors” at 3-2 win at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. When the two nations met in the semi-final round of the 2010 qualifiers in Port of Spain, Guatemala struck late to leave the score at 1-1.

For Hart, history means little come September 2nd.

“I don’t give much thought to history. I respect it for what it is. But you are looking at one game, Anything can happen in one game and we are quite aware of the mentality of Guatemala. they have to get points from the next two games and they will see this game as potentially the game that they need points from so we just need to be focused and concentrated on our own game, fulfilling our roles and responsibilities and taking care of business,” Hart said.

Regarding his squad selection, Hart stated: “I’m looking at the players and the games with their clubs. A lot of them have gone through their preseasons with their clubs. I am in contact with most of their players and I am seeing them through live feeds. Yes it is important that they are playing. The locals players, it is unfortunate, the lucky thing is that some of them are playing in the Champions League. Some of them are not playing and that has to weigh heavily on the selection.

Tickets for the upcoming all important 2018 CONCACAF World Cup qualifier between this Country’s National Senior Men’s Team and Guatemala at the Hasely Crawford Stadium will go on sale on Thursday August 18th, 2016.

Tickets, priced at $300 (Covered Section) and $150 (Uncovered Section) will be available exclusively through Sun Tixx on the VIA network and will remain on sale while stocks last and throughout the duration of the match which takes place at 7 pm on Friday September 2nd, 2016.

Fans can visit any of the nine hundred (900) National Lotteries Control Board (NLCB) Lotto outlets nationwide to purchase their tickets. Patrons are also advised to avoid counterfeit ticket issues by purchasing directly and only from the authorized agents.

Video - Hart looks ahead to another World Cup Qualifying Month

WATCH: Head Coach Stephen Hart talks about the upcoming World Cup Qualifier against Guatemala

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/n8sQyHGbeFM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/n8sQyHGbeFM</a>
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 04:46:55 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2016, 05:02:14 PM »
We beat them away ...We should beat them at home. Not an "easy" task, but the conditions require that outcome.

I would luv us to play USA with d qualification monkey off we back...mih only regret is dat dat will also be the case for USA, should we win
I pity the fool....

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2016, 12:47:52 PM »
Anybody know the status of the big flag? I noticed it was absent at the Vincy game.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2016, 04:16:56 PM »
Anybody know the status of the big flag? I noticed it was absent at the Vincy game.

It will be present, but allyuh hadda come out and give ah hand. I would have loved it to be there at de Vincy game, but most of de time we doh have enough helpers.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2016, 07:38:10 PM »
It will be tough for trinidad to beat guatemala 3 times in a row.

obviously their backs are against the wall so they leaving it all on the field.

it will be up to us to be conservative and approach the game smart.

counter attack when given the opportunity and be safe in the back.

This is a very tricky match and nerves will be at play.

Vincy and Usa next respectively means no room for error.

Hart needs to make sure these men have the mental aspect of the game on.
and the testicular fortitude to see it through.

This go be a tough game

time to see what we made of.

Be patient and see what guatemala come to do.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2016, 08:32:13 PM »
It will be tough for trinidad to beat guatemala 3 times in a row.

Well, we've never lost to them in T&T, so we have that going for us. Plus they haven't beaten us in six games. Of course none of that really matters.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 03:10:18 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2016, 06:28:24 AM »

It will be present, but allyuh hadda come out and give ah hand. I would have loved it to be there at de Vincy game, but most of de time we doh have enough helpers.

Any chance we could get it in the stadium the day before and sit it at the bottom of the seats where it normally sits around game day? What do we need to do to put in a request with TTFA and Stadium management to gain access Thursday evening?

I don't mind coming out the evening before and organizing. Game day i working so i wont get down to HCS till around 5-5:30.

I could print some flyers so we could distribute in that section that the flag is pulled over to give folks notice and even solicit some extra hands to pull up and down.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2016, 09:31:07 AM »
Wonder when squad go name?

Woulda be nice if we could play a lil scrimmage before de Guatemala squad.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2016, 01:22:22 PM »

Last week of August, according to the report.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2016, 01:57:18 PM »

Woulda be nice if we could play a lil scrimmage before de Guatemala squad.

Since when dat does stop yuh?

Name yuh Squad, nah. Yuh could even include Bostock and DeLeon  ;D
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2016, 07:39:02 PM »
We asking for Bostock. Any news on Jan? I have a funny feeling he will not be in the squad for this game.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2016, 03:32:16 AM »
Jones: Nothing for granted versus Guatemala.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago captain Kenwyne Jones says that this country can leave no stone unturned for the all important September 2nd World Cup qualifier against Guatemala scheduled for a 7:06pm kick off at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain.

Jones was speaking on Monday as he trained with local club Central FC ahead of their Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League fixture with Sporting Kansas City on Tuesday night.

Jones has been back home for the past few weeks training with Central FC which he is on loan with from American MLS club Atlanta United FC

“I think it is the most important game that we have for the reason being that it’s the next game. Of course there are some added bonuses to it because a point will take us in the final round. We are playing at home and we will be trying to put on a good performance as we have been doing in these qualifiers so far and go for the win,” Jones told TTFA Media.

“By no means we will try to play for a point though. That should be a worst case scenario. I know all the guys are preparing wherever they are. And in about two weeks time everyone will get together for the camp ahead of the match. It’s a critical period for us and one we are all really looking forward to.

“I am definitely looking forward to it and I hope the country is as well. We definitely need that twelfth man support because we are doing it for them,” Jones added.

The former Sunderland striker spoke about his decision to move to Atlanta as well as Central FC (for the rest of the year) as it related to him being closer to home and the national team during the qualifying matches.

“I felt within myself that I have traveled too much throughout my career and coming up to this crucial stage of qualifiers I think I needed to be a little bit more prepared. I didn’t want to have the twenty and thirty hour travels to come in for matches. It was also for a change in environment, trying a new league and also being closer to home because I have been away for a long time,” Jones added.

Tickets for for the qualifier on September 2nd will go on sale to the public from this Thursday August 18th, 2016.

Tickets, priced at $300 (Covered Section) and $150 (Uncovered Section) will be available exclusively through Sun Tixx on the VIA network and will remain on sale while stocks last and throughout the duration of the match which takes place at 7:06 pm on Friday September 2nd, 2016.

Fans can visit any of the nine hundred (900) National Lotteries Control Board (NLCB) Lotto locations nationwide to purchase their tickets. Patrons are also advised to avoid counterfeit ticket issues by purchasing directly and only from the authorized agents.

Guatemala are expected to arrive in Port of Spain around August 28th to prepare for the match. They drew 0-0 with Panama in a friendly international last Wednesday in Panama City.

Videos -

Stern John backs Warriors to get job done vs Guatemala on September 2nd

Kenwyne Jones looks ahead to Central FC debut.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2016, 09:16:01 AM »
Bought my ticket yesterday at a Lotto booth. I actually like this system more, very Hassle Free! My only criticism lately with the way they've been collecting tickets on game day at stad, is that we no longer get to keep a stub from each game as a souvenir. I still have my Bahrain ticket among many others and this new system leffin meh with nuthin...  :(

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2016, 09:17:44 AM »
Bought my ticket yesterday at a Lotto booth.

Which Lotto outlet?

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2016, 11:48:54 AM »
Bought my ticket yesterday at a Lotto booth. I actually like this system more, very Hassle Free! My only criticism lately with the way they've been collecting tickets on game day at stad, is that we no longer get to keep a stub from each game as a souvenir. I still have my Bahrain ticket among many others and this new system leffin meh with nuthin...  :(
strange system. everywhere else they don't even tear off a stub anymore, just scan the code.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2016, 11:50:31 AM »

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stern John backs Warriors to conquer Guatemala
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2016, 06:29:43 PM »
Stern John backs Warriors to conquer Guatemala
TTFA Media

With the days counting down to the September 2nd CONCACAF World Cup qualifier between Trinidad and Tobago and Guatemala at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, ex-national striker Stern John is throwing  his full suport behind the “Warriors” and backing them to get the desired result.

“I think the team has to continue playing the way they have been. The last couple of matches we saw them really gelling and playing well together as a team and I think once they do that then we can get a fantastic result against Guatemala,” John told TTFA Media.

“I think after the World Cup in 2006, we raised the bar and then went back down a bit but I think over the last couple of years the football has changed a lot and the team has been doing really well. I think coach Hart has been doing a fantastic job with the players we have.

“We have to gel a bit more, play a bit more football but we are putting down the ball and you can see the guys are gelling.

Definitely I still get goosebumps (for a game like this) and sometimes you wish you can still be playing but you can’t,” John added.

The former Birmingham City and Sunderland striker, says the time has come for T&T to make the Hasely Crawford Stadium its fortress for competitive games of this nature.

“I think the guys will be up for it. It will be massive game for us. We are on top of the table but I think the time has come for us to make our home a fortress for any teams that are coming to Trinidad, we need to show them that we cannot be beaten at home,” John stated.

John notched a late double to push T&T to a come from behind 3-2 win over Guatemala in 2005 in a match where T&T needed a win to keep its Germany 2006 qualifying hopes alive. Russell Latapy made a return in that match and scored the opening goal for T&T. John went on to score three goals in T&T’s remaining games to qualify for the World Cup Finals.

“It was a memorable game for me and the entire nation. We left it late but Guatemala made it difficult for us which means they will not come here and lie down. We have to be clinical and not make any unnecessary errors and take our chances on goal when they come I think it’s going to be a competitive match but I’, expecting our boys to come out on top and go through to the hex which is where anything can happen. Once we are in the final round, our chances of qualifying for Russia are good as any,” John concluded.

T&T head coach Stephen Hart will announce is squad for the encounter against Guatemala on Thursday. The team will go into a live in training inside the final week before the match which kicks off at 7:06pm. Tickets for the match are currently available at Lotto Locations nationwide.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Molino raring to go versus Guatemala
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2016, 04:55:02 AM »
Molino raring to go versus Guatemala
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago US-based midfielder Kevin Molino is eagerly awaiting the chance to run out against Guatemala in what will be his first match against the Central Americans in thirty senior international appearances.

Molino missed T&T’s 3-1 and 2-1 victories over Guatemala at the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup as well as the previous semi-final round World Cup qualifier last November due to injury. But the 26-year-old Orlando City midfielder is hoping to get the nod for this encounter from T&T head coach Stephen Hart and is planning to launch his assault on Carlos Ruiz and his men on September 2nd at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

“I’m very excited about this match, very pumped up and ready for it,” Molino told TTFA Media.

“I know the boys are all focusing on this one because we all know what is at stake and we know what is needed in order for us to take care of business. Personally, I am staying calm but I also want to be involved and do my part because I’ve never played against Guatemala at the senior level. I watched the two games on television while I was recovering from surgery and I believe that while the game will not be easy, we have all the necessary tools to handle them at home,” Molino added.

The Carenage-born player is hoping that T&T will be firing on all cylinders on September 2nd.

“Definitely we need everyone to be on top of their game. Coach Hart knows what he wants and he knows what it will take to get us the result to have us qualified for the final round. Most if not all the players are in top gear at the moment and looking forward to these two matches. The coach will know who he wants in his squad to get the job done for us,” added Molino who has 12 goals in 32 matches for T&T.

T&T head coach Hart will announce his final squad for the match on Thursday.The team will go into a live in training inside the final week before the match which kicks off at 7:06pm. Tickets for the match are currently available at Lotto Locations nationwide.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 04:56:50 AM by Tallman »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2016, 02:28:14 PM »
How the know he born in Carenage? It have a hospital dey?

1]; } ?>