March 28, 2024, 03:14:25 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Guatemala Game (2-Sept-2016)  (Read 66931 times)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Guatemala Game (2-Sept-2016)
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2016, 02:45:52 PM »
Just as I thought. I think FIFA hasn't responded in time. Bostock was probably waiting on the response so he could start packing his bags. But he knows that they are cutting it kind of late, so he probably decided to just pull out and wait for next time.

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2016, 02:56:12 PM »
Any update on Bostock? Supposed to be resolved today.

That is the million dollar question. It's 4pm est. Hence, we should've learned by now. I'm sensing another roadblock or something. I hope I'm wrong.

According to his tweet, John Bostock will be unavailable for the World Cup Qualifiers against Guatemala and the United States.
https://twitter.com/johnjbostock/status/770344718198829056

Fackkkkk :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: Like somebody in FIFA looking for a lil greasin

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2016, 03:08:20 PM »
WATCH: Midfielder Jomal Williams looks ahead to Guatemala clash as Warriors begin preparations

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EIRilTpiDkg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EIRilTpiDkg</a>

WATCH: Midfielder Andre Boucaud looks ahead to the World Cup Qualifier against Guatemala

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8jyLTGZN98g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8jyLTGZN98g</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2016, 03:50:49 PM »

That is the million dollar question. It's 4pm est. Hence, we should've learned by now. I'm sensing another roadblock or something. I hope I'm wrong.

According to his tweet, John Bostock will be unavailable for the World Cup Qualifiers against Guatemala and the United States.

Fackkkkk :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: Like somebody in FIFA looking for a lil greasin

It's being done on purpose so we don't have the strongest team possible for qualification..

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2016, 05:22:05 PM »

It's being done on purpose so we don't have the strongest team possible for qualification..

This is utter nonsense. Men from other countries getting international clearance in days. Its been 6 months!!!! That's incredibly long, even if they were intentionally dragging their feet, this is highly unusual. Was an explanation given? A time-frame. One player doesn't change anything really on the team but I don't like the bad vibes this can possibly bring.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2016, 05:27:24 PM »
Let's not be too alarmed. This is timing. Bostock does not want to keep waiting on clearance. Put yourself in his shoes.. No word from Fifa and and it's 3 days before the game. Might as well yuh give the team the bad news from now, instead of waiting until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 29, 2016, 05:50:15 PM »
The question is why is he still waiting. Anyway he will play when he plays. We have the team to win already. He will just improve an already good situation and give us options. Really wish the ttfa was more open on this from a fans perspective...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 29, 2016, 07:35:55 PM »

who would steal a tnt  passport ?????
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 29, 2016, 08:15:57 PM »

who would steal a tnt  passport ?????

A terrorist. ::)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 29, 2016, 08:48:54 PM »
dais shit
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 29, 2016, 08:52:26 PM »
Real BS

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 29, 2016, 08:59:52 PM »
Very suspect tweet, best of luck to Bostock! Would of been great to see more hunger to represent.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 29, 2016, 10:30:36 PM »
What so suspect about the tweet?

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 29, 2016, 10:49:59 PM »
Theft of his passport. Even if it was stolen getting a new passport shouldn't take more than a day for a player to get called up. TTFA should of made an announcement before Bostock did, but we know how secretive our FA can be at times. Well waiting patiently to see what happens next time around.

By the way big fan of John, hope he does get clear by Fifa and represent us soon.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 11:13:57 PM by Trinidogg »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2016, 05:31:54 AM »
WATCH: Midfielder Kevan George is ready for Guatemalan challenge

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hsAte8kuENg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hsAte8kuENg</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #136 on: August 30, 2016, 06:31:27 AM »
Boucaud: We have to manage the game properly.
TTFA Media.

National Men’s Team midfielder Andre Boucaud believes that the “Warriors” will need to settle early in Friday’s World Cup Qualifying match and will have to avoid letting the magnitude of the encounter get the better of them if they are to achieve the desired result to take them to the Concacaf hexagonal final round.

The English-born Dagenham and Redbridge player was speaking on Monday morning after completing the team’s opening session of a live-in training camp at the Hasely Crawford Stadium training pitch. He and several of the overseas-based players were involved including US-based quartet Mekeil Williams (Colorado Rapids), Aubrey David (Dallas FC), Trevin Caesar (Orange County) and Kevan George (Jacksonville Armada). Also in were Mexican-based duo Jomal Williams and Shahdon Winchester and Estonian-based defender Radanfah Abu Bakr, South Korean-based defender Carlyle Mitchell and new call, goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh who trained alongside the local duo of Adrian Foncette and Marvin Phillip. Central FC’s Kenwyne Jones, Daneil Cyrus and Hughtun Hector of W Connection were also present at training.

The rest of the squad is expected in by Monday evening.

“It’s a massive game and everybody knows the importance of the game. I believe if we do what we were doing in the other qualifying games prior to the last three friendlies, then I think we will get the result that we need,” Boucaud told TTFA Media.

“I’ve been playing a lot of games in England on Saturdays and Tuesdays and my team is doing pretty good as we’re top of the League at the moment and I’m feeling pretty fit and ready at the moment,” he added.

Looking ahead to the affair, Boucaud says while the past two wins over Guatemala are just history now, he doesn’t think T&T needs to change it’s game approach.

“I think the key would be sticking together as usual and not playing the occasion… we need to play the game as is. We all know it’s a big game but I think if we focus on our game and how we are accustomed doing things, sticking together and pull off the result the we can, then I think we’ll be fine on Friday,” Boucaud added.

Midfielder George, who missed T&T’s last five matches is anticipating a quick start from the Guatemalans. George says physically he’s in top shape at the moment

“It’s the best feeling in the world to play regularly for your team, and starting and playing 90 minutes. I feel like I’m in the shape of my professional life so far and I’m just happy to be back in the national squad.” George said.

“Attitude will be the key for us in this game. We need to try and finish them off quickly and give the people something to cheer and not have to leave it until the last game in the round. I think Guatemala will be the same as they were at home minus the fans. They will be nasty, they are going to come in the first 15-20 minutes and be very physical but we will be prepared for any matchup. We have to make this stadium our own so that teams will be afraid to come here and play thinking they can get a result, George added.

Fans can purchase tickets at Lotto locations nationwide priced at $300 (covered) and $150 (uncovered).

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #137 on: August 30, 2016, 07:02:39 AM »
Is his British passport that get stolen (or lost). Hard for him to get back into France without it apparently.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 30, 2016, 07:39:58 AM »
With the british passport he wouldnt have required a visa to enter the states, so in essence he wouldnt even be able to remain with the squad after the match in TT anyways.

His travel date was probably Sunday and unless he coming direct from London he would have to in-transit from the states. Had to make that call in my opinion.

I used to know a girl who worked with the travel agency used by the federation. When most of the foreign based pros were based in the UK it was easier to get them here. Now where we have players in Russia and Korea is all kinda 20+ hours of travel to reach trinidad. When Yorke was playing in australia in 2005 he had to come back first class, that ticket was 70,000 TTD each time.

Logistics can be headaches at times coordinating a full squad.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 30, 2016, 04:34:43 PM »
what I think will be the Starting lineup for Friday's match

Phillips
Mikiel Williams
Bateau
Abu Bakr
Cyrus
Joevin Jones
Boucaud
Molino
Hyland
Garcia
Kenwyne Jones

« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 05:15:46 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 30, 2016, 04:44:36 PM »
Palos ....I don't think Williams is in the 24...you must mean Phillips
Ok squad but I would play Joevin on the right and Levi on the left

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 30, 2016, 05:15:02 PM »
Palos ....I don't think Williams is in the 24...you must mean Phillips
Ok squad but I would play Joevin on the right and Levi on the left

Sorry...habit.

Phillips...not Williams.  Thanks for the correction
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 30, 2016, 05:33:04 PM »
what I think will be the Starting lineup for Friday's match

Phillips
Mikiel Williams
Bateau
Abu Bakr
Cyrus
Joevin Jones
Boucaud
Molino
Hyland
Garcia
Kenwyne Jones

This looks about right. Switch the wingers and its more a 4231 with Boucaud and Hyland in the defensive mid positions. Very comfortable with that, go poison them with speed on the wings. Kenwyne holding up the ball and Molino, Levi and Jovein running at them plus the option of Kenwyne on crosses we have options. We good.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 05:37:51 PM by Trin »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 30, 2016, 08:14:52 PM »
TTFA Issues advisory to patrons attending Friday’s World Cup Qualifier
TTFA Media

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association wishes to inform the Public that a meticulous Security Operational Policy has been established, adhering to FIFA regulations to ensure  the safety and security of all those who attend the crucial 2018 World Cup qualifying match between Trinidad and Tobago and Guatemala commencing at 7:06 pm on Friday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Several meetings and on site viewing have been conducted  with all the different arms of the Protective Services, TTFA Security officials and SPORTT to ensure that there would be a comprehensive Security Operational Plan, and all of this would be monitored and coordinated through a Venue Operations Centre in the Stadium on matchday.

That being the case, spectators can feel comfortable to know that all that is required to ensure their safety and security has and would be implemented as meticulous Security arrangements  have been made starting as soon as the teams land in our country.

A thorough research was conducted to rectify matters of the past that may inconvenienced patrons, and even though there will be strict security protocols implemented, due to intense meetings and planning by a professional Security Secretariat that was set up to ensure that this game would be incident free. Systems will be implemented to also ensure that there would be no undue frustration for spectators such as long lines and waiting periods to enter the venue.

The TTFA will however seek the support of the public to ensure that such concerns  can be even further reduced, if they can adhere to these regulations, and this would cause the entrance into the Stadium to be made even easier for all.

We are requesting that the following guidelines be adhered to
– No Coolers
– No large Knapsacks
– No alcohol  to be brought into the Stadium by spectators
-All spectators will be scanned via Walk through scanners on entry,
– All spectators are asked to have their ticket in their hand to show on entry into the Stadium just prior to being searched at that Check Point
– As much as possible, other than motor vehicle  keys, spectators are asked to refrain from walking with any type of metal object, to prevent a secondary check.

Spectators are advised of the following restrictions and would not be permitted to bring the following into the Stadium
• Coolers of any size
• Chairs
• Firearms, weapons, and knives
• Fireworks, explosives, and flammable items
• Mace/gas containers
• Glass bottles or containers
• Alcohol
• Illegal drugs or narcotics
• Cans (soft drinks and alcohol)
• Video cameras/ camcorders
• Large Umbrellas:
• Own foodstuff (with plastic cutlery)
• Soft drinks/water in plastic bottles
• Flasks
• Banners & Flags  that may be deemed  vulgar, racial, discriminatory, sexual in nature, or display advertising which may in any way conflict with the rights of the sponsors of the event ,or deemed to be offensive, or impact on the view of other spectators.

• Any other objects or items or substances that may be deemed in the discretion of TTFA to be offensive, disruptive, dangerous or likely to infringe any party’s rights or any party’s safety or security or any dangerous article or substance not referred to above.

Prohibited items that are discovered during security inspection must be returned to the visitor’s vehicle or will be confiscated. There is no provision of a holding area at the stadium for any of these articles that are prohibited.
– All ticket holders for uncovered stands are to enter through the St John’s Gate – (Gate All persons with Accreditation will not be allowed entry at this gate.
– All ticket holders for the covered stands are to enter through the Lion’s Gate (Gate 3)
– Access also through the Lions Gate
– Security personnel on duty,
– Plain clothes Detectives ,
– Vendors arriving between 11am to 4pm.
– Differently-abled drivers
– Accredited media
– Team buses
– Accredited staff
– Gates would be open to the Public from 4 pm, so all are encouraged to turn up in large numbers from early.

Tickets will be on sale at all Lotto Locations this week.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 08:16:23 PM by Tallman »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 30, 2016, 10:14:04 PM »
Everybody walk naked, with you I-phone!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #145 on: August 31, 2016, 12:51:50 AM »
Who's showing the game?

Anyone able to stream the game to YouTube?

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 31, 2016, 05:22:41 AM »
Flow sports have it listed for the local based. I believe Bien sports will have it as well possibly nbc universal in spanish

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 31, 2016, 05:39:08 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RVaQJwTvoKg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RVaQJwTvoKg</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 31, 2016, 07:04:11 AM »
Credit to the TTFA regarding the comprehensive nature of the pre-match security protocol and the announcement itself. It is now left to be seen whether the execution of the measures matches the promise of the announcement. Looking forward to success.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 31, 2016, 07:25:53 AM »
Ranjitsingh
Williams
Bateau
Mitchell
David
Garcia
Hyland
Jomal
Joevin
Kenwyne
Molino