March 28, 2024, 10:58:08 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Guatemala Game (2-Sept-2016)  (Read 66919 times)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Guatemala Game (2-Sept-2016)
« Reply #150 on: August 31, 2016, 08:06:22 AM »
Wouldn't be surprised if we see George in the starting lineup, he is a Hart favorite
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 31, 2016, 09:14:30 AM »
Wouldn't be surprised if we see George in the starting lineup, he is a Hart favorite

Not sure Hart has "favorites". He certainly did not select George when George was in limbo between clubs, and this policy transparently has been seen to extend to other players. However, George's omission from the proposed squads above also caught my attention. Would concur in that sense.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 09:18:35 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 31, 2016, 09:19:48 AM »
Red: Friday’s colour
By Andre Baptiste, T&T Guardian.

As we celebrate 54 years of Independence today, let us all be certain we know that talk is cheap!

Talking is for pretenders!

It is time for action, where words mean nothing if we cannot substantiate it with the appropriate action and momentum that will give true meaning to the word “Support.”

As a people that talk a lot and are always quick to kick our athletes when they are down, it is time for every citizen to demonstrate that they care about our national teams by spending their own money and attending the very important football match against Guatemala on Friday.

Our Soca Warriors lead the group with 10 points from USA (7 points), Guatemala (6 points). We need only a draw, but after the experiences of November 1989 and December 2014, the nerves will be tingling.

Guatemala media have already issued a do or die cry so their team, having already arrived early for the encounter, are seeking to entrench in their minds the will to succeed. Information from the Guatemalan media suggests there is a strong belief that there is no home advantage for T&T, based on previous results and the passive nature of the home supporters.

As T&T’s captain Kenwyne Jones said on Isports Saturday on i95.5fm: “The cost of tickets to this match is less than the cost of a boat ride.”

It was a damning comment, as truthful as it was sincere, as biting as it was realistic and as telling as it was honest. In this country, people will pay $3,000 to play mas or to buy two tickets for an all inclusive fete. But with ticket prices at $150 (uncovered) and $300 (covered), we are hearing of persons who can afford asking for complementaries or free tickets. This is just wrong. It is time we forget about this freeness attitude and focus on being patriotic.

So what Jones is asking is that as a man, as a woman, as a child, as a citizen, stand up and be counted in this march to Russia 2018. How many of us can remember the pleasure of 2006 in Germany and the feeling of pride when your national anthem was played. It did not matter which part of T&T you were from, everyone was proud that day.

So there is a strong belief that coach Stephen Hart, this wise and experienced tactician, has a plan for Guatemala, who appear to be quite “cocky” and upbeat, given their run of good form. In that regard, we need the entire T&T squad to be focussed, including those players not selected on the starting eleven .

Honestly, given the current mood in the country and the lack of enthusiasm that has permeated whether through social, political or financial issues, T&T needs to exhale and this time with a concerted and united smile. A full stadium is not an option. It must be a certainty and we must demand of each other the assurances required to maintain that momentum all the way through to our next match against the USA on September 6.

Guatemalan spies arrived here over two weeks ago, flying from the USA and other venues. One hopes that the immigration authorities would be vigilant of this, given the number of Spanish speaking persons that appear to arrive here everyday. On our return flight from Brazil, via Panama, 3/4 of the aircraft was filled with non residents and on my previous trips from South America, I witnessed similar numbers. I understand that many are coming through Miami but whatever it is the Guatemalan officials were here and did their independent work and observed everything from the mood of the country to the playing surfaces and even hotels. We must learn to be as competitive. This sometimes makes the difference between winning and losing.

As we look ahead to Friday, let us all not only wear “Red” on the outside but also on the inside, with true pride and let the foreigners understand that this is our culture, our way and they will have to learn it the hard way on Friday and beyond. It may not be pretty when there is so much on the line and so much at stake. For Guatemala, nothing but a win will ensure they move into the round of six. This makes them especially dangerous.

We can expect the Central Americans to come out full steam and throw everything, looking for that early goal to upset the flow of the national team and quiet the home fans. So a testing time is ahead for the Warriors. They must expect such and hopefully will be ready.

Scoring first is critical and if the Warriors can do this, it will force Guatemala to take more chances which could lead to more goals.

It is going to be a most defining game for several on both teams, with not only careers, but positions and pride at stake .

So let us find our voice on Friday and support your team in “RED”, the Soca Warriors.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 31, 2016, 09:34:40 AM »
Guatemala has been on the ground in T&T for days. It's shocking how little scrutiny has been placed on them in the media.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 31, 2016, 09:54:32 AM »
Anyone throwing a party outside the hotel where the Guatemalans are staying? We seem to have forgotten the way their fans treated the National team after the 2-1 win in Guatemala.. Also, I remember Harte saying the fields we were given to train at in Guatemala were the worst and were over an hour away from the hotel where we stayed. If I was in TT I would have planned a street fete right outside their hotel.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 31, 2016, 11:12:06 AM »
Credit to the TTFA regarding the comprehensive nature of the pre-match security protocol and the announcement itself. It is now left to be seen whether the execution of the measures matches the promise of the announcement. Looking forward to success.
:thumbsup:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 31, 2016, 11:13:38 AM »

Not sure Hart has "favorites". He certainly did not select George when George was in limbo between clubs, and this policy transparently has been seen to extend to other players. However, George's omission from the proposed squads above also caught my attention. Would concur in that sense.

I would expect to see him as a potential sub late in the game if we protecting a lead. Assuming, of course, that he doesn't start.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 31, 2016, 11:25:54 AM »
Ladddd this game have me feeling anxious. I can't imagine how the players must be feeling. Mods, any cable or live streams for this battle?
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 31, 2016, 11:28:46 AM »
Phillips
Mikiel Williams
Bateau
Abu Bakr
Cyrus
Joevin Jones
Boucaud
Molino
George
Garcia
Kenwyne Jones

I would go with George simply because hyland is more incline to push up, while Kevan seems more the type to stay with the defense and boucaud seems a more thoughtful passer than hyland from the back.....we need to g0 for the win, but I believe in playing a good ball winner or play 4-1-4-1 and kevan stay with the defense

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 12:52:13 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 31, 2016, 11:29:17 AM »
Kind of the same way I felt before the Haiti game.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 31, 2016, 12:05:15 PM »

I believe Coach Hart appreciates what Kevan George brings to the table.

He also believes that ideally, players shoould be playing regularly with their clubs.

Not sure where KG is on that front.  That said....it is either pre season or the very beginning of a new season for many players (outside of MLS players) so that MIGHT not factor in as much 
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 31, 2016, 12:10:16 PM »

He also believes that ideally, players shoould be playing regularly with their clubs.

Not sure where KG is on that front.  That said....it is either pre season or the very beginning of a new season for many players (outside of MLS players) so that MIGHT not factor in as much

Getting lots of playing time with his club.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 31, 2016, 12:22:59 PM »
Everyone knows we need a result against Guatemala. The important thing here is to focus on the team fitness and mental strength similar to the away game against Guatemala in the opener. I believe the squad is strong with a nice blend of youngsters and veteran players. I hope we don't play for a draw but rather remain patient and be disciplined throughout. Would like to see every player working with and for each other and not get tangled up or see solo plays that can lead to injuries. We are at home so it's important the supporters be vocal and it's important the team gets a good start and not conceed an early goal. We have a good advantage over them but this will be a very hard game so I am hoping the squad can make us all proud with a result not just for the country but for themselves. Nothing in life is given you must work hard for every inch of success and with a bit of luck and some magic let's go to USA as a country that has qualified for the hex.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 31, 2016, 12:31:22 PM »

I must admit, I see George before Hyland and Boucaud, Hyland is more offensive and Boucaud is a better passer but KG is more disciplined in defense, and i prefer we keep a clean sheet first and foremost. We have enough speed and talent on the wings and upfront to cause damage. The only other option which may not surprise me is to play all three at the expense of Molino which may be too defensive for a home game. Hart will make the call but it will be 2 of the three of George, Boucaud and Hyland.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 31, 2016, 12:36:11 PM »
Guatemala has been on the ground in T&T for days. It's shocking how little scrutiny has been placed on them in the media.

If dey did come to fete it mighta be a different situation
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #165 on: August 31, 2016, 12:38:12 PM »

I must admit, I see George before Hyland and Boucaud, Hyland is more offensive and Boucaud is a better passer but KG is more disciplined in defense, and i prefer we keep a clean sheet first and foremost. We have enough speed and talent on the wings and upfront to cause damage. The only other option which may not surprise me is to play all three at the expense of Molino which may be too defensive for a home game. Hart will make the call but it will be 2 of the three of George, Boucaud and Hyland.

George and Boucaud would be the best option.. Hyland hasn't done anything for me to date, to warrant starting.. His passing at times is atrocious

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 31, 2016, 12:46:49 PM »
Red: Friday’s colour
By Andre Baptiste, T&T Guardian.

As we celebrate 54 years of Independence today, let us all be certain we know that talk is cheap!

Talking is for pretenders!

It is time for action, where words mean nothing if we cannot substantiate it with the appropriate action and momentum that will give true meaning to the word “Support.”

As a people that talk a lot and are always quick to kick our athletes when they are down, it is time for every citizen to demonstrate that they care about our national teams by spending their own money and attending the very important football match against Guatemala on Friday.

Well Said. :beermug:
Happy Independence SW.Net
Plan to pick up my tics today or tomorrow. Not happy about the absence of preparation and the Bostock thing but still proceeding with boundless faith in our destiny.

Go T+T!
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #167 on: August 31, 2016, 02:09:37 PM »
Bein sports showing live coverage from 445 to 7pm ... Strange

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 31, 2016, 02:12:36 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/b3NWxES8nbg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/b3NWxES8nbg</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 31, 2016, 03:26:20 PM »

Don't think its live on Bein
 Might be a delayed broadcast. I see it live on telemundo deportes and nbc universo. Live on flow sports locally..

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 31, 2016, 05:22:03 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/b3NWxES8nbg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/b3NWxES8nbg</a>
We get a school dirt field in Guatemala to train and TTFA give them Larry Gomes unbelievable!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 31, 2016, 07:43:44 PM »
Coach, ...... because we better than that!

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 31, 2016, 08:16:51 PM »
Deeks if Guatemala petty tactics had worked and we were on 6 pts and they on 10 pts am not sure you would be saying that.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 31, 2016, 08:30:55 PM »
Deeks if Guatemala petty tactics had worked and we were on 6 pts and they on 10 pts am not sure you would be saying that.
"Coach, ...... because we better than that!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #174 on: August 31, 2016, 08:37:57 PM »

Might be a delayed broadcast. I see it live on telemundo deportes and nbc universo. Live on flow sports locally..

Delayed would be at 10 pm bro, they emailed me and said they would correct the time

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #175 on: August 31, 2016, 08:44:11 PM »

I'm happy they got that pitch, it will make them stronger and it builds character... We don't need to stoop that low because we are more talented and a better footballing nation, our mentality and mental fortitude of the players should be that whatever they throw at us we will counter with without letting it phase us mentally..

Like I said and will continue to say, our team and Mexico are the most talented teams in the region..

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 31, 2016, 09:02:22 PM »

Delayed would be at 10 pm bro, they emailed me and said they would correct the time

:thumbsup:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 31, 2016, 09:26:17 PM »

Coach, they send us on a dirt field in Guat. City. That motivated our boys and we buss them. Why give them an incentive to get rile up. We don't have to do that to win. We have to earn it on the field. our boys better be ready. This is blood and sand game.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 31, 2016, 09:40:12 PM »

Coach, they send us on a dirt field in Guat. City. That motivated our boys and we buss them. Why give them an incentive to get rile up. We don't have to do that to win. We have to earn it on the field. our boys better be ready. This is blood and sand game.

Is jus' not de Trini way, for better or for worse. I think it's for better.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #179 on: September 01, 2016, 03:25:40 AM »
Soca Warriors must beat Guatemala tomorrow.
By Alvin Corneal (Guardian).

I suppose that we can all hope being at home at the Hasely Crawford Stadium and our home crowd support, we should provide the positive atmosphere to enhance the ambiance which motivates our people and players as well. With the celebrations of Independence seeming to run over straight to the stadium, environment is a major factor in our favour.

However, behind the closed doors with the coaching staff and players, the essential question is: “What are our plans to ensure victory?”

From a strategic mode, the concept of playing at home requires a fifteen-minute start that should have the opposition retreating in response to the speed of Levi Garcia, Joevin Jones, Tervin Caesar, who must be occupying the opponents portion of the field, awaiting services from the back four.

Ahead of the speedsters skipper Kenwyne Jones and the quick-footed Kevin Molino anxiously awaiting any type of penetrative service that’s behind the Guatemala defence where the speed and skill of our aggressive attackers can well unsettle the opponents.

But more than that, our Guatemalans friends will realise that defending their goal must be their mantra for the evening. It is not too often that we have had some excellent midfielders who have the ability to be good ball winners and follow the possession game with intensity. We are strong in that area.

Of course, the key to this approach must be the ability to focus well in advance of the first whistle. In recent matches, we tended to be satisfied with rolling the ball among our defensive players and build carefully but slowly, within our own half of the field, which under normal circumstances will be adequate.

The shock of extremely quick play, vociferous voices from the stadium fans, and an attitude of positivity in scaring the visitors, is however, lethal.

Because I am not able to determine who are the players that will start and how ready they are for this encounter, we must place trust in the selection of the coaching staff, seeing that nineteen players on the squad have been playing abroad. Judging from the comments made by some of the players through the media, I assume that they are on the same page.

Another area for attention is the surface on which the game will be played. We are all aware of the significance in pattern of play on a dry surface as opposed to a slippery or Soddy one.

Some may claim that that does not matter much. Well, for a start, the structure or formation used will differ from wet to dry surfaces (and of course, the types of studs which are needed) especially with defenders and goalkeeper.

I assume that the staff may have seen the Guatemalans last encounter against Venezuela, which will provide more confidence to the system of play and the key players to use the surface.

Our recent victories over the visitors must bring horrible memories to them with the first five minutes when the enthusiasm is high, the crowds are rearing to make their demand from our players, implying that their efforts must raise the chants and scare all those who are not supporting the red/white/black shirts.

One great game will just about take us among challengers who will know that we are ready.

Go for it lads!

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>