March 28, 2024, 04:49:57 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Guatemala Game (2-Sept-2016)  (Read 66937 times)

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Guatemala Game (2-Sept-2016)
« Reply #360 on: September 02, 2016, 07:36:04 PM »
We really missed Bostock today. Molino is an excellent RW but not great playing behind kenwyne. Hyland and Boucoud were excellent today. As were Bateau and for the most part Mitchell. Joevin had an interesting game. He didn't do too much but scored 2 goals one of which was spectacular. This team needs move movement among the 3 attacking midfielders.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 02, 2016, 07:36:13 PM »
i missin somthin?

how are we in if we on 9 and they 8

we hav d harder final game

We on 11. we beat Guat once, Vincy 2 times and a tie with the US. They could pip us of they run up the score against Vincy. If we tie with the US we in for sure. But after tonite's display, I really eh sure about the road to Moscow.

Deeks my brother unless you giving out bonus points like the wicb, Guat can't pip us. We are in the Hex for sure.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 02, 2016, 07:36:48 PM »
injury time cato had a man open with acres round him and he didnt even see....dunno if is composure or wat but these things are critical
If he raised his head for a brief second he had two men open. Both options were easier and much better than the choice he made.
He has a habit of running with his head down in crucial situations. I hope the technical staff would review this game film, point out the positive aspects of his game and emphasize the areas where improvements are needed.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 02, 2016, 07:37:46 PM »
While Marvin is not some of allyuh favorite, he save we arse today. He mad some sames in the first and mid second half. Yes the 2nd goal was his fault but other than that he was he was excellent.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 02, 2016, 07:38:09 PM »
some people maths real failin dem boy....we playin d states for group honours tuesday.....objective uno complete
I pity the fool....

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #365 on: September 02, 2016, 07:39:59 PM »
We really missed Bostock today. Molino is an excellent RW but not great playing behind kenwyne. Hyland and Boucoud were excellent today. As were Bateau and for the most part Mitchell. Joevin had an interesting game. He didn't do too much but scored 2 goals one of which was spectacular. This team needs move movement among the 3 attacking midfielders.

I had him on the right wing... I believe him and Levi should start with Molino off the bench..it might be more effective for us..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #366 on: September 02, 2016, 07:41:22 PM »
While Marvin is not some of allyuh favorite, he save we arse today. He mad some sames in the first and mid second half. Yes the 2nd goal was his fault but other than that he was he was excellent.

He is good on given days in given situations ...But I believe Greg will play against the US..

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 02, 2016, 07:43:41 PM »
Congrats T&T and coach Hart and staff! We had multiple close chances in the second half, and should not have given up the 2 points with such a soft goal. Hart needs to tighten up that looseness in the back wide end. We also must push the friendlies hard to integrate defenders like Sannon Gomez and Weslie John into the team. I'm looking forward to Bostock, Cummings, an in-form Molino and maybe Jomal williams adding real power to the middle and up front.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 02, 2016, 07:44:01 PM »

I had him on the right wing... I believe him and Levi should start with Molino off the bench..it might be more effective for us..

At this juncture, I don't think Levi should start. He is much more effective coming on in the second half and running at the opposition.
For this team, we don't have alot of impact players coming off the bench, so if a spark is needed, he is the one.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 02, 2016, 07:44:48 PM »
we need to bring in a sport psychologist or someting.........one ting I admired about the 06 warriors as compare to this team was d unusual (for us) calm under pressure I miss that
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 07:46:43 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 02, 2016, 07:45:51 PM »

Yeah that's also a good idea. I just think Levi's best games are off the bench. He was a spark off the bench today and created a couple great chances within the first couple minutes.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #371 on: September 02, 2016, 07:47:12 PM »

At this juncture, I don't think Levi should start. He is much more effective coming on in the second half and running at the opposition.
For this team, we don't have alot of impact players coming off the bench, so if a spark is needed, he is the one.

Why can't Molino provide that spark?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 02, 2016, 07:47:54 PM »
People hear what ah saying which is revealed in every important game against a good team. The problem is our defense, the problem is always our defense.. we could never preserve a lead against a quality team because there is always a mental breakdown in defense. YEARS now this has been our problem. Defenders playing without intensity and confidence. smh

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 02, 2016, 07:49:06 PM »
Guatemala is still in. If we beat America, they are in.

For Guat to make it they will have to hope we beat Usa and they score double digits against SVG.
US on 10 points + 13 goals . Guat on 7 points +1
So if we beat US 1 nil and guat at home put 12 on SVG then guat will make it on goal difference.
so Guat on life support right now, and the Priest waiting to gave the their last rites. 

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #374 on: September 02, 2016, 07:51:44 PM »

Yeah that's also a good idea. I just think Levi's best games are off the bench. He was a spark off the bench today and created a couple great chances within the first couple minutes.

I prefer to see Levi give us that flair in the first 20, I believe we started too slow and after our first 5 and that allowed Guat to work themselves into the game.. I believe Levi unsettles them from the onset to get that early goal..

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: September 02, 2016, 07:52:58 PM »
some people maths real failin dem boy....we playin d states for group honours tuesday.....objective uno complete

yea boy

an i have to teach remedial math tmrw eh

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 02, 2016, 07:53:09 PM »
Guatemala is still in. If we beat America, they are in.

If we beat America they are not in...based on goal difference they will not catch up to the US

On paper, they are in. And frankly, that target is not unachievable for them in Guatemala City. If they were playing at Arnos Vale, maybe ... but Guatemala? No. They will do everything in their power to stay relevant.

I'm certain Klinsmann is not operating on the reasoning that Guatemala is incapable of overhauling their target.

Let's do our part to make life interesting for Sunil Gulati.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 02, 2016, 07:54:32 PM »

Why can't Molino provide that spark?

He is not as dynamic and direct as Levi, defenders eh fearing Molino running at them. But whe Levi gets the ball in the opponents half, his speed allows him to creates chances for himself or his teammates.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 02, 2016, 07:54:56 PM »
People hear what ah saying which is revealed in every important game against a good team. The problem is our defense, the problem is always our defense.. we could never preserve a lead against a quality team because there is always a mental breakdown in defense. YEARS now this has been our problem. Defenders playing without intensity and confidence. smh

The mental breakdown is not exclusively on defence. That is simplistic.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 02, 2016, 08:03:17 PM »

Exactly! The defence didn't cause Marvin to gift GUAM that second goal, or have wayward passes directly to the opposition.
I believe this has more to do with our mental shortcomings as a team as opposed to  placing blame on a specific unit.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 02, 2016, 08:25:29 PM »

Honestly, we never missed him, because he never played for us before. let's wait until this Fifa fiasco over and they give him the right to play for TT. I find that wait is to friggin long. Unless Scotland turning his head.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 02, 2016, 08:27:01 PM »
tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 02, 2016, 08:28:49 PM »
75% of the Stadium was " gutted " we drew... meaning they had no idea a point was enough...I was hugging Small Mag almost in tears for the result... but i cant excuse any forum members for not knowing that...come on folks...anyhow... all ah we is one family.

HEX time...long time no see....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 02, 2016, 08:29:40 PM »

Exactly! The defence didn't cause Marvin to gift GUAM that second goal, or have wayward passes directly to the opposition.
I believe this has more to do with our mental shortcomings as a team as opposed to  placing blame on a specific unit.

While the defence was at a lost a considerable amount of the time, our mid-field and forwards failed to put pressue on Guatemala. Ruiz was the general tonite. He controlled the tempo of the game. Our defence was always under pressure. I eh making excuses.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 02, 2016, 08:29:51 PM »
75% of the Stadium was " gutted " we drew... meaning they had no idea a point was enough...I was hugging Small Mag almost in tears for the result... but i cant excuse any forum members for not knowing that...come on folks...anyhow... all ah we is one family.

HEX time...long time no see....

You sure they were not 'gutted' because of how Guatemala came back to draw the game? hmmm

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 02, 2016, 08:30:20 PM »
We always tend to substitute mids or strikers, but hardly our defenders.  Ppl calling for Levi to come off the bench, but I think we need a defensive midfielder of defensive back to help with the fatigue, or even a decent winger to come off the bench.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 02, 2016, 08:33:09 PM »
We qualified for the HEX with a game in hand! When was the last time we advanced in any tournament in such a fashion?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 02, 2016, 09:29:40 PM »
WATCH: HIGHLIGHTS of Trinidad and Tobago’s 2-2 draw with Guatemala

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vhuVJhz2nzU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vhuVJhz2nzU</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 02, 2016, 09:50:17 PM »
Trinidad & Tobago vs Guatemala 2-2 Game Highlights:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mlQv4bh_LSo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mlQv4bh_LSo</a>

Trinidad & Tobago vs Guatemala 2-2 Full Game:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UGKAWtbDFxc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UGKAWtbDFxc</a>
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 02, 2016, 09:55:54 PM »
Should be motivation for DeLeon to find/get/beg for a T&T passport.

And Aaron Maund will likely make another quest too after healing. (Unless Sunil finds him first).  :devil:

http://www.sltrib.com/home/4299878-155/remainder-of-aaron-maunds-2016-season

Dey could keep Mound, padna
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

1]; } ?>