March 28, 2024, 02:30:17 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs St Vincent Game (29-Mar-2016)  (Read 49580 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs St Vincent Game (29-Mar-2016)
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2016, 08:45:31 AM »
Phillip
Williams
Bateau
Marshall
David
Joevin
Hyland
Hector
Garcia
Jones
Molino

Hector for DeSilva/Jomal (80)
Jones for Plaza (65)
Hyland for Hackshaw (65)

Boucaud was one of our better players and you drop him?

Drop Hyland

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2016, 09:37:08 AM »
Ah going brave.
Foncette
Williams
Bateau
Marshall
David
Garcia
Boucaud
Joevin
De Silva
Hector
Jones

Ah want to see Joevin play center like a play maker.

Winchester for Hector 65
Jomal for De Silva 65
Molino for Garcia 80

Sam smoking a bad batch!??!?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2016, 10:05:10 AM »

:D Man have Molino not starting in a World Cup Qualifier oui

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2016, 11:46:38 AM »
Sam is kind of right,Hyland needs to be benched,no starting for him,if things going well bring him on for the last 15 minutes.He must get this treatment until he shows more input,he has been a relative failure since he first played for TT.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2016, 12:14:47 PM »
it's best  Hackshaw for Hyland(65) .... Hackshaw is a good passer and he know how to play with Gracis i think

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2016, 02:09:31 PM »
Ah going brave.
Foncette
Williams
Bateau
Marshall
David
Garcia
Boucaud
Joevin
De Silva
Hector
Jones

Ah want to see Joevin play center like a play maker.

Winchester for Hector 65
Jomal for De Silva 65
Molino for Garcia 80

Good team... I see his logic... Hyland needs to be dropped.. An out of form Guerra is better than an in form Hyland

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2016, 03:03:21 PM »
It is quite uncanny that most of you would start garcia and bench hyland when hyland's input on the pitch is unsurpassed. Also putting hector on the pitch when we already have and unfit molino ( match fit) is just asking for trouble.

Did you lot even watched the game on friday? We need both hyland and Bouchard on that field on Tuesday to neutralize the speed and attacking capabilities of the pacey vincentions who almost upset our World Cup chances on friday. Hyland is not a pretty to watch but his work rate and input is very necessary and without it we would be on the losing end of many games.

As for Garcia, we need dynamic players of his calibre to come in and make an instant impact as he did on friday, not showing all our cards at once. This is why the coach often bring on players like Cato and guerra  who could come in and change the complexion of a game with their skill and pace. I say leave the lad on the bench for now, no need to rush him into a starting role just yet.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2016, 03:06:22 PM »
Phillip
Williams
Bateau
Marshall
David
Joevin
Hyland
Hector
Garcia
Jones
Molino

Hector for DeSilva/Jomal (80)
Jones for Plaza (65)
Hyland for Hackshaw (65)

Boucaud was one of our better players and you drop him?

Drop Hyland
in my opinion David is a much better central defender than marshall, miles ahead in efficiency truth be told.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2016, 03:13:51 PM »
pulls, while I see your logic, the coach has to shake up this team for the very same reason you mentioned :"We need both hyland and Bouchard on that field on Tuesday to neutralize the speed and attacking capabilities of the pacey vincentions who almost upset our World Cup ". Well something was not right with the 2 of them. ten mins of uncanny brilliance save we skin. We can't continue this way. We pull of a brilliant victory in Guat. And match the US. And then the Haiti, Greneda and Vincy games is "dr. Jekyl". Hart need to arrest that development before it's to late.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2016, 03:34:55 PM »
Marvin Phillip
 Daneil Cyrus  ,Sheldon Bateau  Mekeil Williams  Aubrey David

Joevin Jones  Andre Boucaud  Khaleem Hyland  Molino

Jones Plaza

To gamble on Sean can be risky- too important sorry - foncette too - Levi best of the bench good ignition for a team and fresh legs- Hyland too important to be left out

To score as many as possible would be ideal.. our goal difference is not as great as Guatemala or USA if it comes down to that- Remember we have USA away and tricky Guatemala side that has belief they can get a result against us after they recked USA. Cautious warriors don't play around with this one.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 03:42:32 PM by SWO_TNTFAN »

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2016, 03:37:52 PM »
I just want to state i trust Coach Stephen Hart  and his   staff  to make ,  the  adjustments as is necessary come game  day  .....(  Tuesday )  .  As for Levi  Garcia  he himself had no issues coming in off the bench  and   making his contribution .   Don't panic  Homies !!!.    Keep the ideas  coming forumites ..

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2016, 04:04:19 PM »
Another three points is the order!
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Three Points will again be the order of the day when this country’s Senior Men’s Team face off with St Vincent and the Grenadines in their second World Cup qualifying meeting in five day at the Hasely Crawford Stadium from 7pm.

The “Soca Warriors” will be aiming for a marked improved in their display but more importantly will know that anything but three points could increase their challenge of making it into the final qualifying round when the two final semi-final phase matches come around in September.

According to head coach Stephen Hart, his players are fully aware of the scenario as it relates to their position at the moment and what the requirements will become by the time they face Guatemala in Port of Spain and then travel to face the USA in a few months time.

“Oh yes, for sure everyone is quite aware of the position we are in at this time,” Hart told TTFA Media following a morning session at the Hasely Crawford on Monday.

“We have this game to focus on and there is a strong purpose head into it which is to not just play well but to ensure we gather the three points. We do not intend to get into a false sense of believing anything is achieved before we actually take care of business,” Hart said.

Currently T&T top the group with seven points, closely followed by Guatemala (six points) with the USA (four) and St Vincent in the bottom place without a point. The top two teams will qualify for the final round in 2017.

The mood in the T&T camp remains an upbeat one coming off the spirited 3-2 victory at Arnos Vale on Friday.

“The spirit is fantastic. There is good competition among the players and then there is a bit of banter and some jokes flying around but when it’s time to be serious they have trained very well.

“I think the words I said is that we approached the wrong game with the wrong attitude which is very different. These players have a fantastic attitude. They work well, they have good camaraderie but sometimes we switch of mentally and that’s what I meant You have to go into the game in the same way as if you were playing the US or Mexico. You have to approach games in a very professional manner,” Hart added.

The squad is injury free heading into the match but Hart did not count out the possibility of changes to his line up.

“I think we might have to make a few adjustments just or keep us fresh but the nucleus of the squad will remain. I watched the game twice and really when I watched it back a second time, we didn’t do as badly as I thought. We just didn’t take our chances and just sometimes we were a little bit disorganized in terms of defending the ball,” Hart said.

“And it would be nice to see a good crowd and it’s important that we have that push for the next three games,” Hart added.

In the last World Cup qualifying meeting between the two teams at the Hasely Crawford it took second half goals from Hector Sam and Angus Eve to erase a 1-0 deficit in the final semi-final round game in the qualification for Germany 2006.

Gates open at 4pm and the match kicks off at 7pm.Tickets will be on sale at the game venue from 10 am. The United States will host Guatemala in the group’s other encounter in Columbus on Tuesday.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2016, 06:10:20 PM »
Easy crowd ah panty...Sekkle Crowd ah Draws
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2016, 06:49:34 PM »
pulls, while I see your logic, the coach has to shake up this team for the very same reason you mentioned :"We need both hyland and Bouchard on that field on Tuesday to neutralize the speed and attacking capabilities of the pacey vincentions who almost upset our World Cup ". Well something was not right with the 2 of them. ten mins of uncanny brilliance save we skin. We can't continue this way. We pull of a brilliant victory in Guat. And match the US. And then the Haiti, Greneda and Vincy games is "dr. Jekyl". Hart need to arrest that development before it's to late.
deeks you didn't figure it out yet, don't you know that we match up better with latin american teams while we struggle severely against caribbean and euro teams? just look at haiti, guyana, bermuda, grenada, and now st vincent for instance.

i believe that we have a hard time playing against speed and physicality and that is what CFU teams bring to the table, that is why we concede our fair share of goals against the run of play.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 06:58:24 PM by pull stones »

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2016, 07:49:41 PM »
Any trinis in lawrenceville atlanta? I visiting sim fam here and will like a spot to c the game..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2016, 08:41:18 PM »
does anyone know if the T&T vs St. Vincente game will be showed in the New York metro area tomorrow...bein sport have another world cup game schedule

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2016, 08:53:43 PM »
does anyone know if the T&T vs St. Vincente game will be showed in the New York metro area tomorrow...bein sport have another world cup game schedule

Will be on Bein connect (online)
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2016, 09:14:21 PM »
so not on any of the tv channel

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2016, 09:44:15 PM »

I see where someone posted in another thread it is showing on Bein Tv for American based viewers. Allyuh over there can see it on TV or online from the same source. I am guessing you will have to check your Cable guide to see which channel is Bein.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2016, 10:16:35 PM »
Marvin Phillip

Jones Plaza

To gamble on Sean can be risky- too important sorry - foncette too - Levi best of the bench good ignition for a team and fresh legs- Hyland too important to be left out

To score as many as possible would be ideal.. our goal difference is not as great as Guatemala or USA if it comes down to that- Remember we have USA away and tricky Guatemala side that has belief they can get a result against us after they recked USA. Cautious warriors don't play around with this one.

Sense

men talking on a fantasy fball lvl

Foncette and de silva? really ??
granted i hv nthg against them. both nice players
but to start ?

only one i'll disagree with is plaza from the start....
nice side otherwise u suggested...
push molino behind jones and garcia on d wing

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2016, 12:35:54 AM »
Molino needs to get his rhythm back on the by playing more football. he looks fine. Hyland will be ok... I think it's the field was very difficult. Let hope better game on tuesday.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2016, 02:30:10 AM »
Coach Hart wants improved display.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

TRINIDAD AND Tobago football team, dubbed the “Soca Warriors” will be seeking their second straight win in the FIFA World Cup Qualifiers CONCACAF Zone Fourth Round Group C meeting against the St Vincent/Grenadines team, known as the “Vincey Heat”.

This game will be contested today, from 7 pm, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

The TT team, under the direction of coach Stephen Hart, lead Group C with seven points from three games, followed by Guatemala (who will visit the United States today) with six points, the US with four points and St Vincent/ Grenadines with no points.

On Friday, the TT squad needed a pair of goals from 18-yearold debutant midfielder Levi Garcia to earn a come-from-behind 2-1 victory over the “Vincey Heat” at the Arnos Vale Recreation Ground, Kingstown, St Vincent.

Reflecting on Friday’s match, Hart, during a training session at the Mucurapo venue on Sunday, said, “we had some good possession.

We controlled that aspect of the game, especially in the first half. But the final pass into those areas where we can get goals was a little bit lacking. The chances we did get, we weren’t clinical enough.

“When we didn’t have the ball, they were playing a direct game and, instead of us taking away the opportunity to play direct and force them to play between us, we dropped off way too deep and some mistakes happened.

And we paid the price for it.” As far as today’s game is concerned, Hart stated, “the most difficult thing when you play away from home is the pitch.

It’s a different playing surface (at Mucurapo). I will like us to control the tempo of the game but not move the ball too slowly, (just) be a bit more clinical in front of goal.” Hart raised eyebrows with the use of wing-back Justin Hoyte as a right-winger on Friday.

The TT coach pointed out, “it’s a World Cup qualifying game.

The idea was the efficiency of the team. I thought he did some fantastic things for us, he got into good positions. He hit some crosses that, on another day, we could have gotten something out of it.

“But when I asked him if he can do the midfield job he said ‘no problem’,” he added. “I think he did better than people actually realise.” Though he admitted his displeasure with the lackadaisical attitude, at times, from his players on Friday, Hart insisted that he will not be making wholesale changes today.

“It’s football, you have ups and downs, and as I looked at the game again, we did some very good things on a difficult pitch,” he commented.

“What we need to do to is to be a little bit sharper in the things that makes us more efficient.

You have to cut down on your errors.” With Guatemala defeating US 2-0 on Friday to move up to second spot, Hart was asked if the TT players will be nervous since it’s a virtual three-horse race for the top two places in Group C - the top two will advance to the CONCACAF Zone Final Round next year.

“No,” he replied. “It’s a World Cup qualification (match). The objective is to get a result in every game that you play. I am not in control of the United States or Guatemala. I always felt you will need about 11 or 12 points to qualify.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2016, 03:51:56 AM »
Molino needs to get his rhythm back on the by playing more football. he looks fine. Hyland will be ok... I think it's the field was very difficult. Let hope better game on tuesday.

I guess when we played Haiti de field was bad too,,,,,, Hyland could only play on carpet.

I hate to hear big man say they can't play on certain fields and certain position.

Sometimes, you have to do just that.

Molino have a excuse for not playing well.

But Hyland and Cyrus have been playing bad games for T&T a while now.

Hyland cheap give away cost we that goal against St Vincent.

If yuh lose de ball, you have to man it up and get that ball back.

Everybody does make mistakes, but its your shit, fix it.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 05:12:16 AM by Sam »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2016, 05:23:53 AM »
Ok, ah get blast for meh last lineup, leh meh try ah next one, some man want to put two unfit players back from long injuries together on de field at de same time. SVG have some fast players that will burn them.

Hyland and Boucaud might be solid, but together they play slow and take long in transition, we need some fire in midfield. Ah love Levi, but I wouldn't start him today, we have to take we time with him.

Phillip
Williams
David
Bateau
Marshall
Joevin
Hackshaw
Boucaud
Hoyte
Molino
Jones

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2016, 05:46:35 AM »
Ok, ah get blast for meh last lineup, leh meh try ah next one, some man want to put two unfit players back from long injuries together on de field at de same time. SVG have some fast players that will burn them.

Hyland and Boucaud might be solid, but together they play slow and take long in transition, we need some fire in midfield. Ah love Levi, but I wouldn't start him today, we have to take we time with him.

Phillip
Williams
David
Bateau
Marshall
Joevin
Hackshaw
Boucaud
Hoyte
Molino
Jones

Slight modification Sam

Phillip
Williams
Marshall
Bateau
David
Joevin
Hackshaw
Boucaud
Hector
Molino
Jones

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2016, 06:06:35 AM »

I see where someone posted in another thread it is showing on Bein Tv for American based viewers. Allyuh over there can see it on TV or online from the same source. I am guessing you will have to check your Cable guide to see which channel is Bein.

Will be on Bein connect (online)
Marvin Phillip

Jones Plaza

Sense

men talking on a fantasy fball lvl

Foncette and de silva? really ??
granted i hv nthg against them. both nice players
but to start ?

only one i'll disagree with is plaza from the start....
nice side otherwise u suggested...
push molino behind jones and garcia on d wing

but i checked my cable guide and it wasn't listed...even in bein express extra they stated dat the game is on this date...you think is a misup

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2016, 06:22:34 AM »
Slight modification Sam

Phillip
Williams
Marshall
Bateau
David
Joevin
Hackshaw
Boucaud
Hector
Molino
Jones

Molino and Hector to fresh from injuries to play at the same time, besides, yuh dont want to strain them, give them small runs.

Vincy have runners, we need runners.

Hoyte eh look bad on de right wing, he just f00ck up once when they score, but he look ok and he is we fastest defender. Cyrus fast to and could play on de wing.

Hyland leaves a hole in midfield, if Hart really like him, then push him more forward and let Boucaud or Hackshaw cover him then.

Like this

-----------Phillip-------------
Marshall--Williams--Bateau--David
Hoyte--Hackshaw--Boucaud--Jones
-----------Hyland-------------
----------Jones------------------

« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:49:10 AM by Sam »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2016, 07:27:00 AM »
ITS TIME FOR JOEVIN JONES to Play at LEFT BACK..

and this is not to say he is doing badly...but time to balance the team...
we tried a few left backs over the last 2 years...and with Levi looking the part...time to do it...
he playing left back in MLS...so is he going to sulk ??...for the TEAM...do it.
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2016, 07:55:51 AM »
ITS TIME FOR JOEVIN JONES to Play at LEFT BACK..

and this is not to say he is doing badly...but time to balance the team...
we tried a few left backs over the last 2 years...and with Levi looking the part...time to do it...
he playing left back in MLS...so is he going to sulk ??...for the TEAM...do it.

Ent when he reach Russia he eh go care if he play in goal.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2016, 08:01:35 AM »
Only change i am seeing is on the wings. either Hector for Hoyte or Hector for Cyrus with Hoyte moving to right back. Cyrus was poor in Arnos Vale. Also i could see Williams coming in for Aubrey David on the left.

Hart doesn't tend to make wholesale changes so i dont think it will be more than 2 or 3 changes at most.

Leave Levi for the last 30 minutes in the second half.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

1]; } ?>