March 28, 2024, 09:47:15 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs St Vincent Game (25-Mar-2016)  (Read 42498 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T vs St Vincent Game (25-Mar-2016)
« on: July 28, 2015, 03:19:54 PM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying T&T vs St Vincent game at the Arnos Vale Stadium (3:30pm) on the 25th of March 2016 will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

To be updated.

Possible Online Streams.

To be updated.

Possible TV Station.

beIN Sports.
Flow channel 99

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers

Adrian Foncette (Police FC), Marvin Phillip (Morvant Caledonia United).

Defenders

Yohance Marshall (Murcielagos FC), Daneil Cyrus (W Connection), Sheldon Bateau (FC Krylia Sovetov), Mekeil Williams (Colorado Rapids), Aubrey David (Deportivo Saprissa), Justin Hoyte (Dagenham & Redbridge).

Midfielders

Neveal Hackshaw (Charleston Battery), Jomal Williams (W Connection), Andre Boucaud (Dagenham & Redbridge), Kevin Molino (Orlando City), Levi Garcia (AZ Alkmaar), Hughtun Hector (W Connection), Sean De Silva (Central FC), John Bostock (OH Leuven), Khaleem Hyland (KVC Westerlo), Joevin Jones (Seattle Sounders).

Forwards

Willis Plaza (Alianza FC), Shahdon Winchester (W Connection), Trevin Caesar (Orange County Blues), Kenwyne Jones - capt (Al Jazira).

Coach - Stephen Hart.

St Vincent Squad

Goalkeepers

To be updated.

Defenders

To be updated.

Midfielders

To be updated.

Forwards

To be updated.

Coach - To be updated.

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 01:00:23 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs St Vincent Game (25-Mar-2016)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 08:54:55 AM »
My squad base on form.

Jan-Michael Williams, Marvin Phillip

Andre Ettiene, Weslie John, Radanfah Abu Bakr, Mekeil Williams, Aubrey David, Sheldon Bateau, Justin Hoyte, Yohance Marshall.

Andre Boucaud, Khaleem Hyland, Kevan George, Cordell Cato, Joevin Jones, Nick DeLeon, Jomal Williams, Ross Russell Jr, Aikim Andrews, Jerrel Britto.

Kenwyne Jones, Shahdon Winchester, Makesi Lewis, Shackiel Henry.

I didn't pick some regular foreign players because they inactive, like Glenn and so on.

We cah pick unfit players and T&T eh play a game in 3 month (from March 6) so we have to becareful.

Men like Plaza, Guerra and Peltier them have to take back seat.

We could call 24, because half of them is local and it wouldn't cost a lot.

Players like Ross Russell Jr, Aikim Andrews, Andre Ettiene, Shackiel Henry, Weslie John and Jerrel Britto could be there just to get the feel and maybe for Hart to see them in training a bit closer.

Cyrus and Mitchell we dont need at this time

« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 08:58:46 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 11:36:35 AM »
Weslie John in great form.

Jerrel Britto 2 goals in 3 games in Mexico. One vs Tigres Reserves which won the Segunda Premier Apertura and whose first team is easily top 3 in the continent now. The other vs Reynosa which was top of the table.

Dwane James now a starter with Antigua GFC.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 12:20:55 PM »
Dutty,

Thanks for all the updates. Greatly appreciated
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 08:00:46 PM »
Hart looks ahead to World Cup Qualifiers with St Vincent/Grenadines.
TTFA MEDIA.

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Stephen Hart says he already has a fair idea of what his final squad will look like for the two upcoming 2018 World Cup qualifiers against St Vincent and the Grenadines on March 25th (away) and March 29th at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

In an interview on Tuesday, Hart said he was monitoring the progress of midfield duo Kevin Molino and Hughtun Hector who have returned to playing after lengthy injury lay offs.

Hart also gave his impressions on the St Vincent team, describing them as potentially dangerous opponents.

TTFA Media: As we enter another month of World Cup qualifying matches with the two games against St Vincent and the Grenadines on March 25th and 29th, What is in your head at this moment?

SH: For me it’s simple. We have two games to play. You can only play the first game before you play the second game. And the first game is an away game so we have to be very calculating because most of my players finish play (with their clubs) on the 19th or the 20th but the bottom line is we want to get maximum points out of the two games and then we will see how the other games go in the group.

TTFA Media: A couple players are now back playing after lengthy injury layoffs, Kevin Molino and Hughtun Hector. Are you in a position to say whether will be considered for selection for these two qualifying games?

SH: Well Hector hasn’t played in a while. He’s just started back playing so I will keep an eye on him. He’s back here with W Connection. Molino has been spot playing. I am not sure if medically he will be released by the club to come and play an international… how many games he will have under his belt. But I will keep monitoring that situation.

TTFA Media: What do you make of the St Vincent/Grenadines team? We saw them in two previous qualifying games.

SH: I was quite impressed actually. They have some adventure going forward. They are organized and if you are not concentrating fully they can surprise you. They did the US. They started the game brightly, they opened the scoring and when a team scores on you particularly if they are at home you sort of create doubt in your mind. I think they are a very good team and we have to be at our best.

TTFA Media: With the game being played on a cricket outfield at Arnos Vale, are you considering sending an advance party to view the surface before the team arrives there for the match?

SH: They have already moved the game to 3:30pm in the afternoon. And I expect because the dry season the pitch to be extremely hard with a cricket pitch in the middle of it. Yes I will attempt to send someone just to give us an idea of it, I know for a fact St Vincent is just going to go with the mandatory 45 minutes the day before so it could be a difficult surface to play of course unless it rains.

It’s not really that much different from our ground conditions with our weather at the moment. We just have to be more clinical with the ball and more tidy because the ball will bounce a lot and we have to be aware of hat.

TTFA Media: What do you have in mind for the team’s preparations before the encounter on March 25th?

SH: Traditionally this is one of the most complicated times. This date, March right through to May mainly because you have a number of leagues trying to get the league over with, players are playing either to be promoted or to avoid being relegated. And to get players is going to be very difficult. Already most of our players play either on the 19th or the 20th so they wouldn’t be arriving here before the 21st, 22nd and that only gives us three or four days to prepare but it is the nature of the make up of the squad. It’s the nature of the Trinidad and Tobago team at the moment with so many players spread all over the world.

TTFA Media: Will you try to get your full team assembled in Trinidad before going off to St Vincent or will some players fly directly there?

SH: No !I think we will try to get everybody here. In that way we are in control of the training pitch and the entire environment. We can get some training sessions in in private.

TTFA Media: When do you expect to name the final squad?

SH:There is a number of games to be played between now and then. There may be changes to the squad. I have an idea of the squad in mind. It’s just a matter of narrowing it down to the final 23. I’ll possibly announce it the Thursday or so before we go into camp.

TTFA Media: We’ve had a few players such as Nick De Leon, Ryan Inniss and John Bostock who are eligible to play for Trinidad and Tobago. What’s the latest on that?

SH: I have spoken to all of them. Some are in the process of finalizing their passports. That is something we cannot control especially with the foreign embassies. But we will keep an eye on that and see on how it goes,

I don’t expect any of them to be ready for the March date. One of them, I don’t want to call names, is still very uncertain as to what he would like to do because he has other options outside of Trinidad and Tobago and of course they are pressuring him to make a decision but I have told him that we need him, we want him, we would like him to be part of the Trinidad and Tobago setup so the decision rests with him.

TTFA Media: Outside of the current player pool, are there any other players you are monitoring? And we’ve seen Levi Garcia making his debut in the Dutch top tier. What is your take?

SH: I’ve seen all Levi’s games, It’s good that he’s playing. He is in a good environment. There are four or five local players that have looked on top of their game both physically and mentally so I‘m keeping an eye on them because I think they can push for selection. It should be interesting. Obviously I didn’t have this sort of option in January when we played Haiti because the League was on a long break and it was very similar with the foreign base players.

TTFA Media: Any other players who we have not heard about that could have the possibility of breaking into the squad?

SH: I’m not sure. I got a couple names for which I sent out some info to get some scouting information but it’s a little obscure at the moment. And very difficult too at the moment. On the flipside we have some players still looking for clubs and not been playing so that is a little bit worrisome for me.

It’s a difficult situation. I keep in contact with Kevan (George) and emotionally it’s a rollercoaster for him. He knows the situation. It will have an impact on selection.

TTFA Media: What is your take on Kenwyne Jones as he seems to be enjoying his football at the moment?

SH: He’s playing and the good thing is his game ends earlier than the others so he will have some time not only to fly but also to recover and he is accustomed flying so he knows what has to be done.

TTFA Media: And now you have other players playing regularly for their clubs, how much of a positive situation is this?

SH: I think playing is the most important thing. You have to be playing regularly because yes you can be fit but if you’re not match-fit you are not match-sharp and then mentally as the game goes on especially at an international level mistakes crop up and that can cost you.

TTFA Media: We know it’s gone and over with but what were your thoughts when the Copa America draw came out and seeing where Haiti ended up?

SH: I didn’t really pay much attention to that, It’s over. We had a number of opportunities to qualify for that tournament . It was not to be. My focus is on getting into the next round of World Cup qualification and quite frankly that is more important than anything else.

TTFA Media: Do you think that the disappointment of not making it to the Copa America has had the kind of impact on the players which will make them want to really come back with a bang and make up for it?

SH: Well I think it just sort of shows that we are a young squad and we lack that mentality that something like that has to happen before you sit down with yourself and say we let a big opportunity slip but that’s experience . The thing is with experience, you usually get it after you actually need it. So yes the players are more aware of the importance of it because when the coach tries to bring down the importance and tell them, they can be like Yeh yeh yeh, it’s the coach talking but until they actually feel it emotionally it’s very difficult to convince them.

TTFA Media: What do you hope to have happening in the May to August period ahead of the September World Cup qualifiers?

SH: I will sit down with the President and the General Secretary, hopefully we can get two big games in the May window. If we get that, that would be fantastic for us experience wise and on the backend we will have to be prepared to go into the next set of games in September because I am still thinking we are going to need points.

WATCH: Trinidad and Tobago Men’s Head Coach Stephen Hart talks about the upcoming back-to-back World Cup Qualifiers against St. Vincent and the Grenadines on March 25th and 29th.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fUgSRhJRGok" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fUgSRhJRGok</a>
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 05:30:17 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 11:44:39 AM »
Seattle Sounders add speedy forward Oalex Anderson(from St. Vincent and the Grenadines).

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 12:27:36 AM »

There is no excuse not to win this game and I expect T&T not to make the SAME mistake of under-estimating our opponent and produce a disappointing result like we have done in the past. Learn from past mistakes Warriors.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 05:31:29 AM »
Hart looks ahead to World Cup Qualifiers with St Vincent/Grenadines.
TTFA MEDIA.

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Stephen Hart says he already has a fair idea of what his final squad will look like for the two upcoming 2018 World Cup qualifiers against St Vincent and the Grenadines on March 25th (away) and March 29th at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

In an interview on Tuesday, Hart said he was monitoring the progress of midfield duo Kevin Molino and Hughtun Hector who have returned to playing after lengthy injury lay offs.

Hart also gave his impressions on the St Vincent team, describing them as potentially dangerous opponents.

TTFA Media: As we enter another month of World Cup qualifying matches with the two games against St Vincent and the Grenadines on March 25th and 29th, What is in your head at this moment?

SH: For me it’s simple. We have two games to play. You can only play the first game before you play the second game. And the first game is an away game so we have to be very calculating because most of my players finish play (with their clubs) on the 19th or the 20th but the bottom line is we want to get maximum points out of the two games and then we will see how the other games go in the group.

TTFA Media: A couple players are now back playing after lengthy injury layoffs, Kevin Molino and Hughtun Hector. Are you in a position to say whether will be considered for selection for these two qualifying games?

SH: Well Hector hasn’t played in a while. He’s just started back playing so I will keep an eye on him. He’s back here with W Connection. Molino has been spot playing. I am not sure if medically he will be released by the club to come and play an international… how many games he will have under his belt. But I will keep monitoring that situation.

TTFA Media: What do you make of the St Vincent/Grenadines team? We saw them in two previous qualifying games.

SH: I was quite impressed actually. They have some adventure going forward. They are organized and if you are not concentrating fully they can surprise you. They did the US. They started the game brightly, they opened the scoring and when a team scores on you particularly if they are at home you sort of create doubt in your mind. I think they are a very good team and we have to be at our best.

TTFA Media: With the game being played on a cricket outfield at Arnos Vale, are you considering sending an advance party to view the surface before the team arrives there for the match?

SH: They have already moved the game to 3:30pm in the afternoon. And I expect because the dry season the pitch to be extremely hard with a cricket pitch in the middle of it. Yes I will attempt to send someone just to give us an idea of it, I know for a fact St Vincent is just going to go with the mandatory 45 minutes the day before so it could be a difficult surface to play of course unless it rains.

It’s not really that much different from our ground conditions with our weather at the moment. We just have to be more clinical with the ball and more tidy because the ball will bounce a lot and we have to be aware of hat.

TTFA Media: What do you have in mind for the team’s preparations before the encounter on March 25th?

SH: Traditionally this is one of the most complicated times. This date, March right through to May mainly because you have a number of leagues trying to get the league over with, players are playing either to be promoted or to avoid being relegated. And to get players is going to be very difficult. Already most of our players play either on the 19th or the 20th so they wouldn’t be arriving here before the 21st, 22nd and that only gives us three or four days to prepare but it is the nature of the make up of the squad. It’s the nature of the Trinidad and Tobago team at the moment with so many players spread all over the world.

TTFA Media: Will you try to get your full team assembled in Trinidad before going off to St Vincent or will some players fly directly there?

SH: No !I think we will try to get everybody here. In that way we are in control of the training pitch and the entire environment. We can get some training sessions in in private.

TTFA Media: When do you expect to name the final squad?

SH:There is a number of games to be played between now and then. There may be changes to the squad. I have an idea of the squad in mind. It’s just a matter of narrowing it down to the final 23. I’ll possibly announce it the Thursday or so before we go into camp.

TTFA Media: We’ve had a few players such as Nick De Leon, Ryan Inniss and John Bostock who are eligible to play for Trinidad and Tobago. What’s the latest on that?

SH: I have spoken to all of them. Some are in the process of finalizing their passports. That is something we cannot control especially with the foreign embassies. But we will keep an eye on that and see on how it goes,

I don’t expect any of them to be ready for the March date. One of them, I don’t want to call names, is still very uncertain as to what he would like to do because he has other options outside of Trinidad and Tobago and of course they are pressuring him to make a decision but I have told him that we need him, we want him, we would like him to be part of the Trinidad and Tobago setup so the decision rests with him.

TTFA Media: Outside of the current player pool, are there any other players you are monitoring? And we’ve seen Levi Garcia making his debut in the Dutch top tier. What is your take?

SH: I’ve seen all Levi’s games, It’s good that he’s playing. He is in a good environment. There are four or five local players that have looked on top of their game both physically and mentally so I‘m keeping an eye on them because I think they can push for selection. It should be interesting. Obviously I didn’t have this sort of option in January when we played Haiti because the League was on a long break and it was very similar with the foreign base players.

TTFA Media: Any other players who we have not heard about that could have the possibility of breaking into the squad?

SH: I’m not sure. I got a couple names for which I sent out some info to get some scouting information but it’s a little obscure at the moment. And very difficult too at the moment. On the flipside we have some players still looking for clubs and not been playing so that is a little bit worrisome for me.

It’s a difficult situation. I keep in contact with Kevan (George) and emotionally it’s a rollercoaster for him. He knows the situation. It will have an impact on selection.

TTFA Media: What is your take on Kenwyne Jones as he seems to be enjoying his football at the moment?

SH: He’s playing and the good thing is his game ends earlier than the others so he will have some time not only to fly but also to recover and he is accustomed flying so he knows what has to be done.

TTFA Media: And now you have other players playing regularly for their clubs, how much of a positive situation is this?

SH: I think playing is the most important thing. You have to be playing regularly because yes you can be fit but if you’re not match-fit you are not match-sharp and then mentally as the game goes on especially at an international level mistakes crop up and that can cost you.

TTFA Media: We know it’s gone and over with but what were your thoughts when the Copa America draw came out and seeing where Haiti ended up?

SH: I didn’t really pay much attention to that, It’s over. We had a number of opportunities to qualify for that tournament . It was not to be. My focus is on getting into the next round of World Cup qualification and quite frankly that is more important than anything else.

TTFA Media: Do you think that the disappointment of not making it to the Copa America has had the kind of impact on the players which will make them want to really come back with a bang and make up for it?

SH: Well I think it just sort of shows that we are a young squad and we lack that mentality that something like that has to happen before you sit down with yourself and say we let a big opportunity slip but that’s experience . The thing is with experience, you usually get it after you actually need it. So yes the players are more aware of the importance of it because when the coach tries to bring down the importance and tell them, they can be like Yeh yeh yeh, it’s the coach talking but until they actually feel it emotionally it’s very difficult to convince them.

TTFA Media: What do you hope to have happening in the May to August period ahead of the September World Cup qualifiers?

SH: I will sit down with the President and the General Secretary, hopefully we can get two big games in the May window. If we get that, that would be fantastic for us experience wise and on the backend we will have to be prepared to go into the next set of games in September because I am still thinking we are going to need points.

WATCH: Trinidad and Tobago Men’s Head Coach Stephen Hart talks about the upcoming back-to-back World Cup Qualifiers against St. Vincent and the Grenadines on March 25th and 29th.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fUgSRhJRGok" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fUgSRhJRGok</a>

Good answer Hartie.

And ah glad yuh looking at a few outside, this is important, time for players to really take their selection serious.

Ah feel in Inniss who not sure, odda than that, de rest is good.

Sorry for George, ah hope he find a team soon.

Molino, Hector and Levi not ready yet, but if we get games in May, yea, give them a shot.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 05:47:56 AM »
Is not Innis is Bostock Scotland wants him too
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 06:40:39 AM »
Ireland have their eyes on Innis too.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2016, 10:25:15 AM »
Is not Innis is Bostock Scotland wants him too

Fortunately for us, Scotland has not qualified for Euro 2016. That quickly would have dampened our case.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2016, 04:21:53 PM »
 john was not even called up for scotland under 21 and  he cannot even make the scottish  senior team now .
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 10:16:36 PM »
We have a friendly!!!! Versus Grenada on March 19!!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 10:20:00 PM »

pressah from socawarriors.net  ;D ;D ;D

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2016, 08:12:23 AM »
Doh worry lads,2 beatings on St.Vincent fledglings in ah few days,and all we gotta do is sort things out for de bigger boys. :D

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2016, 08:49:32 AM »
Is this confirmed?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2016, 11:39:12 AM »
Is this confirmed?

At least as far as one side it is. :)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2016, 11:47:17 AM »
Is this confirmed?

At least as far as one side it is. :)
Guess we'll hear something official on the 17th ;D

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2016, 09:17:38 PM »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2016, 07:42:57 AM »
Might be too late now...but given that this game happening on a super long weekend...a charter package might have been good to get fans across. Admittedly this would have required a degree of planning and awareness that may not have been possible due to the transition from the previous regime. Then the logistics,finance etc for accommodations and travel would have been another issue...so maybe it was considered not feasible.

But oh well.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2016, 07:46:53 AM »
Might be too late now...but given that this game happening on a super long weekend...a charter package might have been good to get fans across. Admittedly this would have required a degree of planning and awareness that may not have been possible due to the transition from the previous regime. Then the logistics,finance etc for accommodations and travel would have been another issue...so maybe it was considered not feasible.

But oh well.
And we have fast ferry..... Grenada right there.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2016, 07:50:47 AM »
Ah feel ah go check one ah dem fishermen to give me a ride over  ;D

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2016, 05:47:24 PM »
Tickets go on sale for World Cup Qualifier on March 29th.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Tickets for the 2018 World Cup qualifier between this country’s Senior National Men’s Team and St Vincent and the Grenadines at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Tuesday March 29th, 2016 are now on sale.

Tickets are priced at $300 for the covered section and $150 for the uncovered section of the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

These tickets can now be purchased at Sports and Games outlets nationwide, Kenny’s Sports (nationwide), Sportway at Ellerslie Plaza and Gulf City, Ramsingh’s Sportworld in Couva.

Tickets will be available  Heritage Sports, Scarborough Tobago from this Friday.

Tickets can also be purchased online via the TTFA’s official website – TTFootball.Org from Wednesday March 9th.

Trinidad and Tobago are currently second in its semi-final round group with four points from two matches, behind the United States who are ahead on goal difference. Guatemala are third with three points followed by the Vincentians who are without a point.

T&T will face St Vincent in its next qualifier at Arnos Vale on March 25th.

With six points likely to put T&T into the final round of qualification towards the 2018 World Cup in Russia, T&T head coach Stephen Hart is taking nothing for granted against the Vincentians.

“As far as we are concerned, nothing is guaranteed and while the St Vincent team has lost its first two games in the round including one at home to Guatemala, they are can be a dangerous team if they get on top of you,” Hart told TTFA Media.

“They will fancy their chances of a result in either of the two games because history shows that we’ve hard to work very hard and go down to the wire to get results against them in past World Cup qualifiers. But once we take care of our business and our preparations go accordingly, then we are surely capable of getting the desired results,” Hart said.

T&T had to rely on two goals in the closing ten minutes from Errol McFarlane to defeat St Vincent 2-0 at Arnos Vale in 2004 in the semi final round of the 2006 World Cup qualifying campaign. Then in the closing game of the round, St Vincent went ahead in the 49th minute before Hector Sam equalized in the 84th minute and Angus Eve struck the winner in the 91st to secure the result which put T&T into the final round, leading to its historic qualification for Germany 2006.

The T&T head coach further added that he hopes to see a partisan T&T crowd behind the “Warriors” on March 29th which is the day before the Spiritual Baptist Liberation Day holiday and follows the Easter holiday weekend.

“We were enlightened by the turn out at the USA match in November and it is our hope that the supporters will come out and get behind the team again on March 29th. Like I have said, nothing is guaranteed in this qualification and even if we are to get the right result in the first game in Kingstown, anything but a win on March 29th could possibly change the scenario heading into our final couple of games in September against Guatemala and the US, so we would definitely like to have the fans come out and be that twelfth warrior,” Hart added.

T&T will face Grenada in St George’s in an international friendly on March 19th prior to the two upcoming World Cup qualifiers.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2016, 08:34:29 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bhot_KCx0dY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bhot_KCx0dY</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2016, 11:24:10 AM »
You can now purchase your tickets online. CLICK HERE.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2016, 11:55:35 AM »
Any body making the short run over to Vincy for the game? I going. Back in time for the home leg.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2016, 04:26:09 AM »
McFarlane backs T&T to top St Vincent.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Former Striker says St Vincent will be tough to crack at home

Former Trinidad and Tobago forward Errol McFarlane Jnr is backing the “Soca Warriors” to collect full points in their upcoming 2018 World Cup qualifiers against St Vincent and the Grenadines. But the former Lebanon-based player is giving an early warning to Kenwyne Jones and his teammates that they cannot afford to underestimate the Caribbean opposition.

McFarlane was a starting player in Bertille St Clair’s team that faced the Vincentians in their away match at Arnos Vale in the semi-final phase of the 2006 World Cup campaign.

The big forward started up top alongside Stern John and turned out to be the game winning hero with two goals in the 80th and 85th minutes. The first goal came following a combination between Brent Rahim and Dennis Lawrence while the second item was assisted by Angus Eve.

Kenwyne Jones also played in the encounter in the midfield as well as current T&T assistant coach Derek King. St Vincent assistant coach Ezra Henrickson was in their line up on that day alongside the likes of Kendall Velox, Shandel Samuel and Rodney Jack who caused T&T some problems during the encounter.

“I think our team should expect very different conditions than what they are used to, especially the overseas-based players. From my experience, the surface can be quite difficult to play good football,” McFarlane told TTFA Media on Thursday.

“St Vincent has always tried to field a good team and they would have improved in the last few years, so we should expect a strong challenge from them.”

The former Defence Force striker recalled the match played by the T&T team which had St Clair as head coach and deceased Richard Braithwaite as team manager.

“If I remember it correctly, the goals came around the 80th and 85th minutes. But before those goals, St Vincent had a couple of chances that they weren’t able to convert on. The preparation for the game was a bit tricky as there was some confusion as to where we would be able to practice when we were over there. This could have potentially caused us to lose focus but with a coach like St Clair, we were able to remain focused on the task at hand and secure the win,” McFarlane said.

The performance that day remains an outstanding memory for McFarlane.

“It’s a nostalgic feeling for me personally especially as the three points turned out very valuable towards the team qualifying for the final round and now we are in a similar situation. I am also optimistic that history can repeat itself and the current squad can use a victory now, like the one we achieved back then as catalyst for hopefully another World Cup qualification,” he added.

McFarlane has not left the game and is currently a masters head coach with New York Stars Premier in New York, in charge of their Under 11s and Under 9s travel teams. Their program is now the largest for children’s soccer development in the North East for kids aged 2 and up.

The T&T Team will face Grenada in St George’s on March 19th in a friendly international ahead of the March 25th and March 29th World Cup qualifiers against St Vincent and the Grenadines.

Tickets, priced at $300 (covered) and $150 (uncovered) for the March 29th fixture at the Hasely Crawford Stadium are now available at Sports and Games nationwide, Kenny’s Sports nationwide, Sportway at Ellerslie Plaza and Gulf City, Ramsingh’s Sportworld in Couva and Heritage Sports in Tobago. Tickets can also be purchased online at TTfootball.org. Game kick off time is 7pm.

Purchase Online Tickets here for T&T vs St Vincent on March 29th.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2016, 07:30:35 PM »
Martinique beat St Vincent 4-0 today in a friendly

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2016, 11:15:30 AM »
Sint Maarten and Martinique win friendlies 
CFU

Dutch Sint Maarten and Anguilla and St. Vincent and the Grenadines and Martinique warmed up for the 2016 CFU Men’s Caribbean Cup with friendlies over the weekend. In the case of the Vincentians, it was preparation for World Cup Qualifiers.

Dutch Sint Maarten, after a decade without competitive action, defeated Anguilla 2-0 on the strength of a quick double from Joost Röben in the 5th and 45th minute.

Martinique, meanwhile, defeated St. Vincent and the Grenadines 4-0. Martinique's goals were scored by Gregory Pastel (2), Stephane Abaul, and Daniel Herelle.

St. Vincent and the Grenadines will now look toward their World Cup Qualifying Campaign match versus Trinidad and Tobago at home on March 25.   

Concerning Caribbean Cup action which kicks off with Round 1 matches on March 23, Dutch Sint Maarten is in Group 2 with Grenada and the United States Virgin Islands; Anguilla is in Group 5 with Guyana and Puerto Rico; and Martinique is in Group 7 with the British Virgin Islands and Dominica. SVG earned a bye to Round 2.

1]; } ?>