March 29, 2024, 07:52:49 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (17-Nov-2015)  (Read 44465 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (17-Nov-2015)
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2015, 01:41:09 PM »
I think we had no choice but to give up possession versus a very violent and aggressive team .As soon as we got the ball those guys where stomping on our guys feet or slide tackling there ankles and shins .Find keep the ball its safer.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2015, 02:11:41 PM »
I think we had no choice but to give up possession versus a very violent and aggressive team .As soon as we got the ball those guys where stomping on our guys feet or slide tackling there ankles and shins .Find keep the ball its safer.

Most of the time our players turned the ball over to Guatemala was under little pressure and our defenders trying to long pass to one of our strikers and not short passing to one of our players in mid field.

We were lucky that Guatemala did not score their chances especially in the first half.

All I am saying is we can't afford to do that against the USA as our good luck might run out against a team with better finishers.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 02:15:41 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WN crew meet-up for Nov 17th match.
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2015, 04:59:48 PM »
On duty that time so...I'll have to take it in via TV if possible or radio.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2015, 08:10:59 PM »
the USA might be in a slum ATM but they are still a well organized proficient team with a master strategist and they are not going to give us any easy chances like mexico did

I'm afraid you won't find many USA fans that will agree with that assessment of Klinsmann.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2015, 09:05:05 PM »
wow....strap on brother..its a rollercoaster ride....forget the technical analysis...dont apply to tnt football...blame intercol
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2015, 09:17:55 PM »
American arrogance will continue to be their downfall.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2015, 12:47:02 AM »
On a side note... India wearing Nike kits.. LMAO

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2015, 02:56:06 AM »
Hart calls on fans to make presence felt.
By JOEL BAILEY (NEWSDAY).

TRINIDAD AND Tobago football team coach Stephen Hart is calling on the squad’s supporters to make their presence felt at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo tomorrow when the squad, known as the “Soca Warriors”, tackle the United States in a 2018 FIFA World Cup CONCACAF Zone Fourth Round qualifier. The game will begin at 7.36 pm,

On Friday, Trinidad and Tobago defeated Guatemala 2-1 at the Estadio Mateo Flores, Guatemala City while the United States hammered St Vincent and the Grenadines 6-1 at Busch Stadium, St Louis.

Asked if he expected the fans, who lauded the team’s victory on Friday online, to turn out in their numbers tomorrow, Hart replied, “yea that’s a good point. Guatemala were only allowed to have (a percentage) of people at (their) Stadium because of a stampede they had. And that crowd was so loud and so supportive of their team.

“Even when they were 2-0 down, they sucked in that goal to make it 2-1. I think they played completely off the energy of the crowd and we will really need that (tomorrow).” Hart was speaking before last evening’s training session at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

With regards to the spirit in the camp, Hart said, “the mood has been very good. (We’re) a little bit tired because we were travelling since 3.45 am (on Saturday).

“We came out (yesterday) morning and did a little bit of light running. (Last evening was) the first sort of ball session we (were) going to have.”

There were problems with floodlights which affected the start of yesterday evening’s training but Hart stated, “we’re not in control of that so we’ll make do as we go ahead.” About his expectations of the Juergen Klinsmann-coached USA team, the TT coach said, “they came in the exact same time with us, on a private charter flight. They are a big team (physically).

“They scored four out of their goals on set plays so that’s a big part of their game now. We have to be aware of that. We have to match them physically in that department.”

Winger Lester Peltier returned to the team on Friday after recovering from a rib injury in October, and Hart stated, “he’s been good, he’s been fantastic. He’s trained well and he’s falling back in. He’s always a good member of the team. That’s important to me.” But Hart insisted that the team will not be resting on their laurels during their training sessions,

“It’s about being fresh but doing the things that make you a little more efficient, and cut down on the number of errors,” he said,

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2015, 02:57:02 AM »
Captain Jones: Patience was key.
T&T Newsday Reports.

TRINIDAD AND Tobago captain Kenwyne Jones gave a thumbs up to all the members of the national men’s team on their opening 2-1 victory over Guatemala in Guatemala City on Friday night.

Jones and Khaleem Hyland were the goal-scorers for the Stephen Hart-coached squad, in their 2018 FIFA World Cup Concacaf Zone Fourth Round Qualifier.

The forward said he was satisfied with the way in which the team held itself together and is anticipating better momentum as the campaign continues.

“First of all I have to give the entire team and staff credit. I think we have a task in mind (on Friday).

“Coming away to a place like Guatemala is always difficult for us.

“We know that we had to be patient and soak up a lot of pressure and if we got the first goal we would be able to score more because Guatemala would have to push and we could play them on the counter.

“We executed the perfect away performance,” said Jones.

He continued, “we had a little team meeting before and I expressed to the team that we are a different group.

“Of course there is a history of teams coming to Guatemala and not doing so well, but I do believe in the entire squad.

I believe that the work we’ve been doing for the last three years had all culminated to this point.

We had no reason to fear and not believe in the way we could play and not have confidence in our talent.

It was just about us going out and playing as a unit and making the game about us.” About his goal, Jones said, “the goal came at a great time after Khaleem’s effort went in so sweetly.

Funny enough as we broke, Joevin got the ball and two or three Guatemalan players went to him and I just peeled off the back and he lifted his head and gave me a beautiful ball.” Hyland was also ecstatic with the win but warned that the “Soca Warriors” would not get carried away.

“We want to thank the Lord for this day. I think it was a great fighting effort from the whole team. We knew we had to weather the storm and we did great to come away with the result.

“The coach changed around things a bit. We were losing the battle a bit and we wanted to go a bit more solid in midfield. It was a great pass and I took my opportunity.

I saw the far post so I just placed it. Before the game Sheldon (Bateau) told me don’t go for power, but just place it, “ Hyland said.

“The win is very important.

The journey has just started and this just one hurdle we’ve passed and now we have to keep focused and go back home and give the public another good performance and something more to celebrate,” he added.

Goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams noted, “it was was unfortunate that we conceded that late.

“But overall I will take this result.

“We dug deep and I am really pleased to see how the boys pulled it off in extremely difficult conditions which is what we were prepared to face.”

Meanwhile, the final batch of tickets will be available at Sports and Games in San Fernando, Port of Spain and Trincity Mall, Fan Club in Movie Towne (Port of Spain), Ramsingh’s in Couva and Kenny’s Sport Centre.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 03:00:07 AM by Flex »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2015, 05:39:08 AM »
after watching this game for the third time i must admit that it was the worst performance i have seen since coach hart took over management of the senior team, and we was very fortunate to come away with a win. the back line was extremely wayward and gave away the ball a little too much and from being under very little pressure at that. we cannot play the untied states in this shakey manner because we will be punished.

Watch it over a 4th time, but this time from a Guatemalan perspective. No one goes to Central America and plays a beautiful game.  Its tough business and it requires alot of grit, character and luck.

Worse performance? A hallmark of good teams is the ability to win even when not playing well.  TnT teams of old have been known to buckle under pressure in Central America. Case in point, our 2-2 draw with El Salvador in El Salvador in 2009. 

Kudos to the resilience of the squad and blessings to the Almighty for the result.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Revenge on T&T mind
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2015, 07:11:20 AM »
Revenge on T&T mind
T&T Guardian

Once every year in November, a memory returns for both Trinidad and Tobago and the United States, one more agonising than the other. The more pleasing memory of course remains with the US after Paul Caligiuri’s goal on November 19, 1989 sealed their 1990 World Cup berth.

The goal crushed T&T’s qualifying dreams and then came November 16, 2005, which today marks ten years since T&T’s historic qualification for the 2006 World Cup Finals in Germany.

As both the T&T and US national senior men teams arrived at the Piarco International Airport shortly before 4.30 pm on Saturday ahead of Tuesday’s World Cup qualifier, one of the topics of discussion remained “1989” in both camps.

US Soccer contacted current T&T  team coaches Michael Maurice and Hutson Charles last week in Fort Lauderdale to recall the occasion and Maurice, the starting goalkeeper in that fateful 1-0 loss, spoke about the dreadful past encounter and a hopefully more delightful one to come for the hosts this time around.

“A very interesting thing is up to this day even though people have asked me about the match, no reporter interviewed me after the game or ever asked about what happened in that goal that was scored by Paul Caligiuri,” Maurice noted.

“They said it appeared as though the sun was in Maurice’s eye and everybody went with that,” he added.  “The sun was not the reason the goal scored. When Paul Caligiuri got into a particular zone, the way how we closed that zone, when the ball was struck I didn’t see it, when the ball was traveling even though it passed through the sun, when I saw it was when it reached in the goal. Had I seen when that ball was struck from the distance it was hit at, even though it was hit through the sun I would have known if to move a few steps to the left or to the right and then catch it,” Maurice explained.

But nearly twenty six years later, the former Costa Rican-based professional believes the current team can get it right.

“The players have a lot more experience now, playing in different leagues and there are different concepts the head coach is trying to knit into one. The players can adapt differently now and play a lot quicker and sharper. These things can definitely give us the edge,” he added.

Maurice recalled that the crowd in 1989 did not do enough to spur the team on after the US went 1-0 ahead.

“When you are down, the crowd needs to get behind you. You see it all around the world and on that day the crowd did not  spur us on. Hopefully now the fans can break that habit and can really get behind this team in our matches,” Maurice appealed.

“Seeing that this is World Cup qualifier, we will certainly look to avenge what happened in ’89.

“It is still a vivid memory. It was special time in all of our lives including myself and teammates. We were that close. With something like that, based on the experience we have now, if we have to relive it or do it again, there are a lot things that will be done differently.

The US team trained at Larry Gomes Stadium yesterday morning while T&T trained at the Hasely Crawford Stadium main field in the evening following a recovery session in the morning on the training pitch.

“Everyone’s healthy and that’s a big thing for us this time and of course the recovery from the game in Guatemala is also critical,” coach Stephen Hart revealed.

“Now we will switch our focus and our preparation will be more game specific for Tuesday’s match.”

National team defender Radanfah Abu Bakr spoke yesterday about the team’s tenacity, particularly in the back line.

“This stems from a lot belief and camaraderie within the squad. We fight and play for each other at every point,” Abu Bakr said.

“The entire squad looks out for each other both on and off the field and it shows on the pitch. We are all there for each other, pulling each other together and keeping each other concentrating all the time,” he added.

“And we’d like to see that in the people of Trinidad and Tobago as well. And when we go out there on Tuesday, we’d like to feel the love. We all know what the home crowd does to us as an opposing team  in the way they support their team when we travel, so it’s the same way we would like to feel the love at home.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2015, 07:15:58 AM »
WATCH: Soca Warriors continue preparations for World Cup Qualifier against USA
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XZwgA6080lI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XZwgA6080lI</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2015, 08:20:49 AM »
Blessings!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2015, 09:52:39 AM »
WATCH: Soca Warriors continue preparations for World Cup Qualifier against USA
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XZwgA6080lI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XZwgA6080lI</a>

NICE!  :beermug: :beermug:

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2015, 10:29:51 AM »
the USA might be in a slum ATM but they are still a well organized proficient team with a master strategist and they are not going to give us any easy chances like mexico did

I'm afraid you won't find many USA fans that will agree with that assessment of Klinsmann.

word is if klinsmann lose in port of spain is hi oh pancho...

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2015, 10:31:43 AM »
after watching this game for the third time i must admit that it was the worst performance i have seen since coach hart took over management of the senior team, and we was very fortunate to come away with a win. the back line was extremely wayward and gave away the ball a little too much and from being under very little pressure at that. we cannot play the untied states in this shakey manner because we will be punished.

Hmm...despite the fact that you made some good points in your analysis, I just have to ask if you only start watching the team in the Gold Cup? Every game in the caribbean cup was worse than this, not to mention the Jordan game and a few Panama friendlies.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2015, 10:36:47 AM »
Good stuff. Common sense perspectives.
Now I understand why the Guats' stadium had spaces despite all that football fanaticism.
What a crazy place!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2015, 10:44:36 AM »
If anybody had to make a judgement as to the outcome of the match,TT vs USA,you better not make it on the grounds of our 2-0 win against Guatemala.In a few words,we were lucky,play like that against the USA,and we sure to lose.We are not as good a team as the USA,and we need play  our best game to beat them,while they must have a bad game,let's hope that"by the law of averages",we are due a win.
Good luck!!!

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2015, 10:53:49 AM »

Hmm...despite the fact that you made some good points in your analysis, I just have to ask if you only start watching the team in the Gold Cup? Every game in the caribbean cup was worse than this, not to mention the Jordan game and a few Panama friendlies.
nah man you can't be serious.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2015, 10:59:41 AM »
De American media trying to blow smoke up we ass allyuh, ah hope them eh fall for that trap.

Keep allyuh head down and just finish de job.

Doh read no media, don't do no interviews, nothing....

Just focus and concentrate on tomorrow.

Dont be fool like how we did in the past with Gally in 1989.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2015, 11:00:23 AM »
If anybody had to make a judgement as to the outcome of the match,TT vs USA,you better not make it on the grounds of our 2-0 win against Guatemala.In a few words,we were lucky,play like that against the USA,and we sure to lose.We are not as good a team as the USA,and we need play  our best game to beat them,while they must have a bad game,let's hope that"by the law of averages",we are due a win.
Good luck!!!
i agree with you some what. yes we were lucky to beat guatemala with the wayward way we played, and yes we can't play the US the same way because they would destroy us, but i don't think that they are a better team than us. more technical, more skillful, more organized yes, but better i think not.

i believe we have better athletes and better finishers, and our midfield is evenly match with the exception of captain america and dempsey, now those two guys are big big players. if i was to state definitively, i would say that we were evenly matched.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2015, 11:03:11 AM »
would love to see a clip of the USMNT training sessions and maybe an interview by our local media or theirs.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2015, 11:08:37 AM »
it's nice to see the federation president and the minister of sports on friendly terms for a change. i hope this is a preview of good things to come between the two bodies. it's really nice to have a break from the bickering from folks like sancho, anil roberts and jack warner, those guys were so relentless to invoke the football in a negative way, and all in the name of politically motivated mischief.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2015, 12:08:07 PM »
Good stuff. Common sense perspectives.
Now I understand why the Guats' stadium had spaces despite all that football fanaticism.
What a crazy place!

The stampede dates back to the late 80s due to the sale of tickets beyond capacity (a scenario I'm sure you recognize from our own history). However, a factor also influencing empty seats was scalpers. Tickets bought but not resold.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2015, 12:13:58 PM »
Our Soca warriors  Ought not be fooled / nor  buy into  any  sort of   distraction by the americans .....de sole purpose is to get to the hexagonal .... one game at a time ...with discipline , determination and absolute focus with the task at hand.......... Coach stephen hart and yuh  warriors we believe in you all ......... battle dem TnT battle on  ...go go go tnt go ' Tnt we want dem goals  ....... ah just wish ah was @ de stadium tomorrow night  .......to sing rught though de game !  tnt we want a goal ! tnt we want a goal ! go go tnt go .   ...........All de best  to Coach stephen hart and his Warriors tomorrow  god bless TnT

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2015, 01:29:47 PM »
Jurgen job maybe in question even more if the USMNT fail to get a result in TNT. Jurgen has been under serious pressure after failing to reach the Confederations Cup in Russia and not making the finals of the Gold Cup hosted in USA (Mexico's seconds country). In a recent press conference he, Jurgen stated that Trinidad is full of confidence and he respects us! Make no mistake USA is a different team on the road and are known for grinding results, tnt must be very careful about the overlapping defenders like yedlin and cameron. USMNT is also good on set pieces like corners and controlling the middle of the park, they also press high up and win those second balls.

If TNT is to get a result against the Americans they will have to dig deep, work hard, concentrate for a whole 95 mins and win those second balls. GL to both sides. As you all know I support both teams. I live in the US and they have given Concacaf alot of respect throughout the years representing this region with discipline. We must respect the United States and treat them well, but we must not fear them. Lets hope we get a nice clean game and not give them any space to create chances and take ours.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2015, 03:40:48 PM »
Ok.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>