March 28, 2024, 04:36:33 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (17-Nov-2015)  (Read 44416 times)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (17-Nov-2015)
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2015, 08:10:57 AM »
Good luck Warriors. Y'all have the hunger. For real.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2015, 09:22:38 AM »
My ticket buy.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2015, 11:53:14 AM »
WATCH: Advertisement for Trinidad and Tobago vs United States

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kKAYDx04zzI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kKAYDx04zzI</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2015, 09:46:49 PM »
Just saw an interview with Coach Hart on Bein sports about preparation for the U.S. game. The game will also be live on Bein Sports on Tuesday.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2015, 05:08:55 AM »
Greetings massive. Ah woke up ah lil early before ah get ready fuh wuk. Anyway, browsing some reports for the USA games against us and St Vincent, well most of these American reporters behaving like is two fete match USA have to play.

I does be straight up and give credit where it is due. I have been here many years, I have been a US citizen for a very long time. So with that said, I love, respect and appreciate this country. I have been very successful since I came here, but I dislike the fact that Americans always feel dey better than the rest of the world in everything. Dey have no fork in respect at all for other countries. May be that is why some people out there always trying to do things to hurt this country

I really hope de T&T continue that impressive run from the Gold Cup and beat them convincingly next week and St Vincent at least get a draw on Friday. Ah will not lie ah does support de USMT when ever dey playing, but not Friday and definitely not next week Tuesday. Any watch party in Florida fuh next week? Keep grinding Mourinho, weed out the fork in bad eggs from Chelsea, turn things around and shut the haters up. Go HEAT. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 05:12:33 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2015, 07:38:33 AM »
SUPA, Breds, you hit 3 birds with one stone. Trinbago WC, Chelsea and Miami Heat. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2015, 01:24:28 PM »
Yeah breddah, no disrespect tuh de members here, but that is why Supa & De Enterprise different, we love tuh mix it up in we posts. Yuh zee meh? By the way is actually 4 things ah touched on, yuh missed de watch party ;D. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 01:26:55 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2015, 02:56:01 AM »
Klinsmann in no mood to take T&T lightly.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

United States head coach Jurgen Klinsmann has indicated that his team will not underestimate T&T when both teams clash next Tuesday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo.

Speaking this week ahead of the start of the CONCACAF semifinal round, the German World Cup winner (as a player) described T&T as a difficult opponent.

“T&T is a team that challenges you big time. They are always difficult to play. The circumstances down there are not ones you would find when we play at home. It’s a team full of players coming out of the English Championship—difficult players, and players that know how to play their game. They did tremendously well in the Gold Cup. It’s going to be a challenge and that’s what we are preparing for. It’s going to be a difficult game, but we are ready to jump that hurdle and get a good result against T&T,” Klinsmann told US Soccer.com

“We’re all excited about starting World Cup qualifying toward Russia 2018. With St Vincent and the Grenadines and T&T, they’re two nations that are not taken lightly. They are good teams. T&T proved it in the previous Gold Cup. With St Vincent and the Grenadines, we have a team that is an unknown, but we watch their previous games and make ourselves familiar with their players. At the end of the day you still don’t really know what to expect, so it’s going to be very interesting.”

The US head coach explained the reason behind preparing the team in Miami over the past few days, saying: “After the first game, we are going to go down to Trinidad and there it will be a tropical, hot climate. That’s why we will meet up in Miami and get used to the heat for a couple of days, then we will fly up to St Louis to play the game against St Vincent and the Grenadines and fly from there all the way down to T&T which is off the coast of Venezuela, so it’s much more South America than Central and North America. This is why we chose Miami as the first stop for our players - to get them used to the heat.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2015, 11:28:24 PM »
don't worry too much klinsman, we ain't all that. hate it when other coaches take you seriousluy, that means that they will close up shop. i hope cyrus and jan come with their A game, because that shaky nonsense they put down tonight will not cut it against bradley and altidore.

these boys are the quint essential pochers, and they will make you pay if you goof off.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2015, 01:36:31 PM »
ok...no outlets have tickets for uncovered
i highly doubt that the game is fully sold out

Anyone used the online feature and got thru yet?

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2015, 01:53:45 PM »
tried to register on the site...
n activate my account

it's not allowing me to even do that. Stuck at this step in the process

Sports and games
kennys
and Fan club on POS side are sold out of uncovered.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2015, 01:55:16 PM »
ok...it worked....
but now i have to select a committee member or island eticket admin to "send a short msg to"
before i request the ticket..... :(

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2015, 04:31:21 PM »
First Warriors TV episode teaser:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tpmMoRHw1Gg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tpmMoRHw1Gg</a>

Check out the new Warriors TV Show coming to local TV this week.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2015, 04:46:48 PM »
Ah cyar get an uncovered ticket nowhere.....Ah real stick.  Was supposed to buy them tix long time but when I tried today.....salt......from all reports there was a mad rush this morning after the win last night...... :'( :'(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2015, 04:48:55 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tpmMoRHw1Gg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tpmMoRHw1Gg</a>

I love de push how they trying this marketing strategy...they even have a warriors van!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WN crew meet-up for Nov 17th match.
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2015, 04:49:23 PM »
Well crew from the looks of things at this moment, I will be taking een de game on radio or TV (if we local TV stations feel like obliging)......cyar get an uncovered ticket nowhere.....scalpers like dey make off with all.....ah fella by the Stadium tell mih check TTFA Monday and he give mih de number to call but if that fail well....ah goh make sure to make the next game....... :'( :'(
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2015, 05:09:43 PM »
Well crew from the looks of things at this moment, I will be taking een de game on radio or TV (if we local TV stations feel like obliging)......cyar get an uncovered ticket nowhere.....scalpers like dey make off with all.....ah fella by the Stadium tell mih check TTFA Monday and he give mih de number to call but if that fail well....ah goh make sure to make the next game....... :'( :'(

Waggonists like dey come out in a rage Brown
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2015, 05:24:19 PM »
Times like this makes me jealous bwoy. I left T&T in 88 just before the great Strike Squad run . I have never had the opportunity to be in a sold out HCS for a WC game :'(.  I wish that I could be home for this game. I am looking forward to great coverage from SWO.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2015, 06:04:08 PM »
after watching this game for the third time i must admit that it was the worst performance i have seen since coach hart took over management of the senior team, and we was very fortunate to come away with a win. the back line was extremely wayward and gave away the ball a little too much and from being under very little pressure at that. we cannot play the untied states in this shakey manner because we will be punished.

if you watch the game stats we gave guatemala 9 clear chances on goal to our three, we had 3 corners total and at one instance conceded 7 corners and three throws in a row, these kind of stats against a poching team like the USA would definitely end in goals.

another cause for concern is our defenders who seem to lose concentration a little too much especially in the opening and dying stages of the game. daniel cyrus needs to stop forcing the attack by trying to make splitting passes which comes up empty every time, he's not very good going forward and should play to his strengths. abu bakar  and bateau are also guilty of lobbing the ball away trying to find the attackers but instead turning the ball over to the opposition quite often, a little to often for my taste.

the USA might be in a slum ATM but they are still a well organized proficient team with a master strategist and they are not going to give us any easy chances like mexico did, you could take that to the bank. on tuesday they will come with their A game and we better come with our AAA game or else it will be business as usual.

i am happy for the win but make no mistake about it,yesterday our performance was atrocious and if we want a better performance our defenders have to stop playing play makers and posses the ball in a smart way and leave the creativity to the midfielders. our wingers also have to hold up the play a lil more instead of trying to force penetration, we need to play a smart brand from now on if we are to compete well with bigger more skillful teams, and holding possessing is the best way to keep the USA off the score board. less ball less looks.

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2015, 07:38:38 PM »
Should I stay home from biology class to watch this game? Game airs live on USA TV bein exactly when I have college biology class. I'm so pissed. Tempted to stay home.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2015, 10:21:57 PM »
Is the Warrior Nation going to be involved with this Warriors TV show?

If not then they should be!!

« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 10:24:02 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2015, 11:39:08 PM »

I will be there. Just look out for a handsome young man eager to support his country  :)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2015, 04:04:04 AM »
Big game, Hyland wants full turnout for USA clash.
T&T Express Reports.

After his spectacular fourth international goal carried Trinidad and Tobago to a 2-1 victory in Guatemala on Friday night, Khaleem Hyland, the Belgium-based KVC Westerloo midfielder, is calling for a full turnout of Trinidad and Tobago fans when the United States rolls into town for another qualifier on Tuesday night.

“It will be a very big game,” Hyland said of Tuesday’s qualifier against the United States, which kicks off at 7.09 p.m. at Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain.

He continued: “It’s a long time we have been playing great football and we hope we can get a full crowd - full support for the game against the USA.”

The last two visits by the United States to the twin-island Caribbean republic saw honours being split.

Goals from Russell Latapy and Dwight Yorke in 2008, gave T&T a 2-1 win over a USA team which included current starting keeper Brad Guzan, striker Josy Altidore and faded child prodigy Freddy Adu, while the USA won 1-0 in 2009 via a stunning Ricardo Clarke goal.

Hyland scored Trinidad and Tobago’s first goal when they won 2-1 in Guatemala in their opening match of the semi-final stage of CONCACAF Zone qualifying for the 2018 Russia FIFA World Cup on Friday.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2015, 06:40:43 AM »
Should I stay home from biology class to watch this game? Game airs live on USA TV bein exactly when I have college biology class. I'm so pissed. Tempted to stay home.

Stay home and watch it bredda. I will write you a doctors note for your prof.

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2015, 07:24:29 AM »
Is this game being streamed live on the Internet?

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2015, 09:18:50 AM »

I will be there. Just look out for a handsome young man eager to support his country  :)

So you will be sitting next to him then.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2015, 12:17:05 PM »

Waggonists like dey come out in a rage Brown

Boy.....ah real kicking mih self for not organising mih ticket early.... :frustrated: :banginghead:

I'm hearing that the TTFA will release more tickets tomorrow but I eh able with no rush by the Stadium for tickets nah.....it looking more and more like ah goh have to take it een on the radio/TV/Internet.....*sigh*   :'( :'(
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2015, 12:28:31 PM »
after watching this game for the third time i must admit that it was the worst performance i have seen since coach hart took over management of the senior team, and we was very fortunate to come away with a win. the back line was extremely wayward and gave away the ball a little too much and from being under very little pressure at that. we cannot play the untied states in this shakey manner because we will be punished.

if you watch the game stats we gave guatemala 9 clear chances on goal to our three, we had 3 corners total and at one instance conceded 7 corners and three throws in a row, these kind of stats against a poching team like the USA would definitely end in goals.

another cause for concern is our defenders who seem to lose concentration a little too much especially in the opening and dying stages of the game. daniel cyrus needs to stop forcing the attack by trying to make splitting passes which comes up empty every time, he's not very good going forward and should play to his strengths. abu bakar  and bateau are also guilty of lobbing the ball away trying to find the attackers but instead turning the ball over to the opposition quite often, a little to often for my taste.

the USA might be in a slum ATM but they are still a well organized proficient team with a master strategist and they are not going to give us any easy chances like mexico did, you could take that to the bank. on tuesday they will come with their A game and we better come with our AAA game or else it will be business as usual.

i am happy for the win but make no mistake about it,yesterday our performance was atrocious and if we want a better performance our defenders have to stop playing play makers and posses the ball in a smart way and leave the creativity to the midfielders. our wingers also have to hold up the play a lil more instead of trying to force penetration, we need to play a smart brand from now on if we are to compete well with bigger more skillful teams, and holding possessing is the best way to keep the USA off the score board. less ball less looks.

Well said bro,  agree with your analysis... We have to be very careful with those turnovers, and wasting possession...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 12:31:55 PM by Adam Lake »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2015, 01:26:09 PM »

Well said bro,  agree with your analysis... We have to be very careful with those turnovers, and wasting possession...

:beermug:

Full agreement regards how regularly we turned over possession to Guatemala in that game and in reality we were lucky that Guatemala did not score most of their chances or we could have seen a different result.

I view that game against Guatemala on Friday as a case of T&T underperforming but having luck on our side that we were not punished for our many errors.

We can't afford to be turning over possession to the USA like we did against Guatemala as they are more likely to punish us for our errors and giving them too much possession.

I would like to see possession and shots on target at goal stats in our favour on Tuesday against the USA and if we do that then we should get a positive result.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2015, 01:38:44 PM »
Bounce up Cyrus and Williams in Bhagans on Broadway jess now there buying some personalables. Looked like they just came out of training (still in kit).

Dem fellas imposing and tall.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

1]; } ?>