March 28, 2024, 11:13:51 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (17-Nov-2015)  (Read 44427 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (17-Nov-2015)
« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2015, 03:44:58 PM »
after watching this game for the third time i must admit that it was the worst performance i have seen since coach hart took over management of the senior team, and we was very fortunate to come away with a win. the back line was extremely wayward and gave away the ball a little too much and from being under very little pressure at that. we cannot play the untied states in this shakey manner because we will be punished.

Hmm...despite the fact that you made some good points in your analysis, I just have to ask if you only start watching the team in the Gold Cup? Every game in the caribbean cup was worse than this, not to mention the Jordan game and a few Panama friendlies.
I did make some comments that I feel was due to over excitement,maybe a bit of euphoria.I did have to look at the game again and realized that wer were lucky not to be down by at least 2 goals in the fuss half,we did lose the ball too easy,and also didn't recover quick enough in many situations.I just couldn't help myself after we won,I SHOULD BE MORE OBJECTIVE.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #121 on: November 16, 2015, 04:19:28 PM »
Officials

Referee: César RAMOS (MEX)
Assistant Referee 1: Miguel Angel HERNANDEZ PAREDES (MEX)
Assistant Referee 2: Juan RANGEL (MEX)
Fourth Official: Oscar MACIAS ROMO (MEX)

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2015, 04:27:29 PM »
Officials

Referee: César RAMOS (MEX)
Assistant Referee 1: Miguel Angel HERNANDEZ PAREDES (MEX)
Assistant Referee 2: Juan RANGEL (MEX)
Fourth Official: Oscar MACIAS ROMO (MEX)

Mexicans are beginning to appreciate us as a rival and being at home we just might get the benefit of doubt on some calls.  Refs aren't supposed to be biased but this could very well work in our favor!

Offline panterry1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2015, 04:57:30 PM »
Jurgen job maybe in question even more if the USMNT fail to get a result in TNT. Jurgen has been under serious pressure after failing to reach the Confederations Cup in Russia and not making the finals of the Gold Cup hosted in USA (Mexico's seconds country). In a recent press conference he, Jurgen stated that Trinidad is full of confidence and he respects us! Make no mistake USA is a different team on the road and are known for grinding results, tnt must be very careful about the overlapping defenders like yedlin and cameron. USMNT is also good on set pieces like corners and controlling the middle of the park, they also press high up and win those second balls.

If TNT is to get a result against the Americans they will have to dig deep, work hard, concentrate for a whole 95 mins and win those second balls. GL to both sides. As you all know I support both teams. I live in the US and they have given Concacaf alot of respect throughout the years representing this region with discipline. We must respect the United States and treat them well, but we must not fear them. Lets hope we get a nice clean game and not give them any space to create chances and take ours.

I also appreciate what the US has done for the region but even though I'm now a US citizen I am "Trini to the bone" Go T and T. :)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: WN crew meet-up for Nov 17th match.
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2015, 04:59:50 PM »
Ah een side tomorrow!!!  Ah get ah ticket!!! :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :party: :party:

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2015, 05:35:13 PM »
Any update for tomorrow pls God. Will the Big Flag be gracing the Stadium?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2015, 06:41:15 PM »
Ah een side tomorrow!!!  Ah get ah ticket!!! :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :party: :party:

Well done!! :thumbsup:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2015, 06:46:02 PM »
Jurgen job maybe in question even more if the USMNT fail to get a result in TNT. Jurgen has been under serious pressure after failing to reach the Confederations Cup in Russia and not making the finals of the Gold Cup hosted in USA (Mexico's seconds country). In a recent press conference he, Jurgen stated that Trinidad is full of confidence and he respects us! Make no mistake USA is a different team on the road and are known for grinding results, tnt must be very careful about the overlapping defenders like yedlin and cameron. USMNT is also good on set pieces like corners and controlling the middle of the park, they also press high up and win those second balls.

If TNT is to get a result against the Americans they will have to dig deep, work hard, concentrate for a whole 95 mins and win those second balls. GL to both sides. As you all know I support both teams. I live in the US and they have given Concacaf alot of respect throughout the years representing this region with discipline. We must respect the United States and treat them well, but we must not fear them. Lets hope we get a nice clean game and not give them any space to create chances and take ours.

I also appreciate what the US has done for the region but even though I'm now a US citizen I am "Trini to the bone" Go T and T. :)

Correct is right!! Once USA is facing T&T then the USA becomes the enemy. It does not matter what piece of paper they give me!  :challenge:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2015, 06:48:38 PM »
Allvin Corneal and Sedley Joseph on Power 102FM right now (http://news.power102fm.com/?inside) discussing the prospects of us winning the match tomorrow!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 07:22:34 PM by Socapro »

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Major security arrangements for Trinidad and Tobago vs USA
« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2015, 08:43:24 PM »
Major security arrangements for Trinidad and Tobago vs USA
CNC3

Police are implementing major security arrangements for the World Cup Qualifier against the United States.

The following is a statement issued by the Ministry of National Security:

"A joint Inter-Agency Security meeting was held at the National Operations Centre (NOC) today at which security and safety issues were discussed relating to the CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying match between the national teams of Trinidad and Tobago and United States of America (USA) carded for tomorrow, Tuesday November 17th 2015 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain.

In attendance at the meeting were representatives of the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS) including Traffic Branch, Transit Police, and the TTPS Task Force; Strategic Services Agency (SSA); Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force (TTDF); City Police; Office of Disaster Preparedness and

Management (ODPM); Trinidad and Tobago Fire Service (TTFS); Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) and The Sports Company of Trinidad and Tobago (SPORTT).

The following were decisions taken for public awareness:
  • Gates will open at 4:00 p.m. Patrons are urged to arrive early to avoid late rush coming close to kick-off time. Match time is 7:36 p.m.
  • No patron parking allowed at the venue
  • No coolers will be allowed at the venue
  • Patrons must have a ticket or accreditation to enter the venue.
Advertised ticket venues were this afternoon re-stocked. Tickets will be sold at the venue from 10:00 a.m. on match day only if available.
  • All patrons must enter the facility through the St John’s Gate entrance
The following traffic restrictions will be in effect between hours of 5:00 a.m. to 12 midnight on Tuesday, November 17th 2015 (match day):
  • No parking on Fitzblackman Drive; Hamilton Holder Street; O’Connor Street; Ariapita Avenue (between O’Connor Street and Maraval Parkway); Maraval Parkway; Foreshore
  • Illegally parked vehicles will be wrecked (wrecked vehicles can be retrieved at Abbatoir Road, Opposite Central Market)
  • Police Officers will also be patrolling these areas

The following security arrangements apply to the venue:
  • Patrons are asked to keep all aisles and landings on all stands clear at all times to ensure traversing between various points at the venue in the event of any type of emergencies
  • No open flames vending will be allowed in the precincts of the Hasely Crawford Stadium
  • All exit routes are to be kept unobstructed
  • Approximately three hundred (300) law enforcement personnel will be deployed on the ground to provide security both inside and outside of the stadium
  • There will also be a Police Mobile Booth at which anyone can make a report or share any information with the police that they think necessary
  • TTPS Canine Unit will also be deployed
  • Scanners will be deployed at various locations at the event
  • TTPS Eye in the Sky will also be in operation
  • Added mobile patrols will be deployed to ensure safety for post-match gatherings and personnel awaiting transportation at various taxi stands
  • Various assets of the NOC will be deployed to assist in law enforcement and safety for the event
  • The NOC Situation Awareness Room will be monitoring the event and surroundings and will be providing situational awareness to forces on the ground
  • A Venue Operations Centre (VOC), to be staffed by members of various arms of the protective services will be activated at the venue from 12 noon tomorrow until stand-down orders are given
  • ODPM has also alerted all key stakeholders to be on alert for any contingency measures
  • NWRHA has also been alerted to be on standby to treat with any mass casualty situations
The public is requested to co-operate fully with the protective services and to at all times comply with directions provided by the officers on duty. The public should contact 999 or inform nearest police officer if they observe any untoward situation.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2015, 08:55:24 PM »
Mr Hart will out-wit Klinnsmann tomorrow. Mr Hart understands the value of the moments in football...he prepares his team to capitalize on these moments.

Mr Hart's stock will rise very high after his campaign with Trinidad is over, we will see him do bigger things in coaching in the future.

We have all the right ingredients to beat the US...we have service from outside ..penetration up front..confidence in defence...a plan to play without the ball..and most of all ..purposeful possession..Good luck! to de Red Force...

I have no doubt...we will win..Klinsmann is under the gun...he's desperate...his players sense the desperation ...desperation is a sign of weakness...he wouldn't have the players confidence 100%.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2015, 09:53:46 PM »
Any update for tomorrow pls God. Will the Big Flag be gracing the Stadium?

That's the intention.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2015, 11:14:10 PM »
Somehow Im feeling Hoyte at right Midfield in front of Cyrus at the beginning. It may seem conservative, but we did not get a cross from the right last game in any case. If not, start Cato. He has a point to prove and I think he will do well. Jovien can handle Yedlin. Jermaine Jones is good but not very mobile. So Cummings needs to find space around him.

Bradley is tidy. And has an eye for goal. He needs to be dealt with. Altidore isnt playing very well, but is big and strong and can do damage if given space.

USA will have the ball more than we do. So it all comes down to our organization, and how we deal with set plays, both on offense and defense.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #133 on: November 17, 2015, 02:53:03 AM »
Stiff Test as Warriors healthy and ready for US.
By Valentino Singh (Guardian).

United States coach Jurgen Klinsman expects his team to be up against a very competitive Trinidad and Tobago Soca Warriors when the teams meet for their second round World Cup qualifying match at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, from 7.36 tonight.

The Americans are coming off  a 6-1 thumping over St. Vincent and the Grenadines in their opener last Friday while the Soca Warriors beat Guatemala 2-1 in Guatemala City, as both teams made winning starts to their campaigns.

The Soca Warriors will be brimming with confidence following their away victory and after their final preparation late yesterday evening, coach Stephen Hart noted that all his players were in good health and were ready to take on the Americans.

“Everyone’s healthy and that’s a big thing for us this time. We have switched our focus to tomorrow’s match and our prepaprations were specific to that over the past few sessions.”

The Warriors can expect a sea of red at the Stadium tonight as TTFA officials revealed yesterday that tickets for the covered stands were all sold out while there were just a few remaining for the uncovered area. The local team will  be looking to level the playing field with the Americans, having won just three of the nine matches played at the Stadium since 1982.   

All nine previous matches have been decided by a goal or less, with the most infamous being the November 19, 1989 0-1 loss which earned the Americans a place in the Italy finals of 1990, when T&T needed just a draw to reach the World Cup finals for the first time. 

Klinsman said yesterday that his players respected the T&T team. “They’re a good team, but our team is good as well. We want to come here and show them that we’re able to get three points or at least a tie and move on out of our group

“The fact they got a win in Guatemala City is huge for them,” said  Klinsmann. “It gives them a good feeling going up against the United States. We have to be prepared for that – it’s one of the reasons we came to Trinidad & Tobago early. We flew right after our game all the way from St. Louis down to Port of Spain to be prepared. We’ll be prepared for the climate and we’ll be prepared for a very physical battle.”

While Klinsmann has never faced the Caribbean nation, he gave credit to their growth over the past year in bolstering the overall strength of the CONCACAF region.

“They played a very good Gold Cup and also had some good results in friendlies and other test games,” he said. “You have to give Trinidad & Tobago a lot of respect. They’re known for their physical game and known for being strong. A lot of their players play in the English Championship and obviously playing at home they have a lot of confidence, and they want to prove to the world that they’re a good team. Over the years they’ve improved themselves on the technical side and on the mental side as well.”

Like their manager, most of the current 23-man roster has never faced T&T, with only Jozy Altidore, Michael Bradley, Tim Howard and Michael Orozco seeing time against the Soca Warriors previously. While they’re somewhat of an unknown for most of the squad, Klinsmann says the team will be prepared for a stiff test.

USA vs T&T Matches in Port of Spain

Date Result Competition
March 21, 1982 2-1 L Friendly
Nov. 19, 1989 1-0 L WCQ
Nov. 18, 1990 0-0 D Friendly
Nov. 19, 1994 0-1 W Friendly
Nov. 24, 1996 1-0 L WCQ
Nov. 11, 2001 0-0 D WCQ
Feb. 9, 2005 2-1 L WCQ
Oct. 15, 2008 1-2 W WCQ
Sept. 9, 2009 1-0 L WCQ

T&T Squad: Jan-Michael Williams, Marvin Phillip, Daneil Cyrus, Justin Hoyte, Carlyle Mitchell, Sheldon Bateau, Radanfah Abu Bakr, Yohance Marshall, Mekell Williams, Aubrey David, Andre Boucaud, Khaleem Hyland, Kevan George, Neveal Hackshaw, Trevin Caesar, Cordell Cato, Joevin Jones, Lester Peltier, Keron Cummings, Kenwyne Jones (captain), Willis Plaza, Jonathan Glenn.

US Squad: Jozy Altidore, Ventura Alvarado, Kyle Beckerman, Matt Besler, Michael Bradley, Geoff Cameron, Mix Discerud, Alan Gordon, Brad Guzman, Bill Hamid, Tim Howard, Miguel Ibarra, Fabian Johnson, Jermaine Jones, Matt Miazga, Jordan Morris, Darlington Nagbe, Michael Orozco, Brek Shea, Tim Ream, Bobby Wood, Deandre Yedflin, Gyasi Zardes.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2015, 02:55:19 AM »
Warriors striving for consistency.
By Alvin Corneal (Guardian).

Much to the satisfaction of the football fans in Trinidad and Tobago, the Soca Warriors succeeded in making an excellent start to the World Cup Qualification leading to Russia 2018.

This result seemed very much on the cards after witnessing their previous encounter. By comparison, the Gold Cup meeting saw three goals scored on the Guatemalans first half, probably the most impacting start to that tournament. However, the quality of play came as a shock to the Central Americans game in Chicago last July. Some fine possession and cohesion added to the individual skills of some of the key players unearthed the positive lead which was expected.

There was a serious difference to this game in Guatemala city, where the home advantage always appeared to bring out the best from the host team, well supported by the vast crowds. I observed the overuse of respect for each other in the first half of the match where the desire to play the game was not executed by good midfield build up from either team.

Consistent long balls served from both ends of the field deprived midfield players of the opportunity to display a high percentage of possession which would normally lead to some exciting play in the final “thirds” of the field. With the surface of the pitch being fast and apparently slippery, the long passes were often intercepted by defenders on both sides. Creativity was stifled on both teams, but the warriors were faster to the ball.

What appeared to be favouring the warriors was the midfield competence of Hyland and Boucard by their ability to regain possession ahead of their back four defence, a feature which deprived the Guatemalans, especially Ruiz and Papa to succeed in their play making plans. The naturally planned long kicks by goalkeeper Jan Williams had little degree of success in reaching striker Kenwyne Jones, who was crowded by three defenders and had no release from his supporting striker Keron Cummings who was playing too deep infield.

The statistics as to ball possession in the first half was no indication as to which team earned any obvious advantage. However, the second half saw the plan rearranged in two essential ways. coach Hart surely had rectified the structural plan which had offered at least two options for lay on passes. There was a clear improvement in that regard and also the preference for possession in midfield.

The change was effective and the quality of passing had improved considerably. On two particular situations the warriors string 17 consecutive passes which lead to a chance at goal. The confidence of the key players had risen dramatically and the skill of Joevin Jones came forcefully to the opponents.

His quick footspeed made a huge difference on the left side while the defence of the host team failed to cope with the adjustment in the midst of the Warriors’ taking full control, it allowed for a surprise run forward from left midfield by Hyland followed by a superbly placed right footer.

It was just reward for the strategy from the dressing room. But if anyone thought that it would have been the goal of the day, Joevin Jones had other ideas. He collected a pass on left of midfield and rush to an open space ahead. He started a display of quick movement and exquisite skill as he weaved past two opponents in search of space on the left flank.

This run attracted even the back four defenders and as Joevin looked towards the centre, he swung a clinically accurate cross ball which was clear of the solitary defender and was about to fall in open space on the right. Kenwyne Jones met it with a well timed run and an a connection which landed the ball into the far corner of the net. A gem of a goal and a wonderful display of running, dribbling and a perfect cross.

Not even the desperate effort to come back into the game stopped the Warriors from holding on to that very convincing victory and starting plans for their encounter with the USA which denied the red, white and black 26 years ago come Thursday.

Head coach Everald Cummings had brought a well oiled machine to the stadium back on November 19, 1989. This time, around the situation may now be filled with nostalgic memories for the people of this country and seek revenge for that previous lapse. The USA have not had the benefit of good performances since the Gold Cup and a few sound defeats in recent times had the American fans and even some of the former players suggesting that coach Jurgen Kilnnsman should have been relieved of his duties.

But more experienced supporters thought otherwise. Good sense should have directed their targets at the current players, many of whom have not shown much progress since their courageous performances at the World Cup in Brazil. Looking closely at their structure and the level of their creativity which they produced on the field was short of what they have been doing for years.

It is a difficult to  find a smooth transition during the course of so many tournaments that run so close to each other. They may well be surprised that player for player, the Warriors may be individually more competent. I expect a tight game especially the battle for possession in midfield. But the Warriors can win this one by challenging the vulnerability of the American defence, particularly their wing backs.

The fans may well try to enlighten the Stadium and chant for the speed and agility of Joevin Jones, Lester Peltier, Krevin Caesar on the flanks. The more they arrive at the bye line, the greater the chances of victory. Our players are physically, mentally and psychologically prepared for this one.

We must hail the journey of this lot, even before they enter the field. This is progress for our country and hopefully, more honour when they work their way to Russia.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2015, 03:00:47 AM »
Hart not focusing on November memories
By JOEL BAILEY (NEWSDAY).

STEPHEN HART, coach of the Trinidad and Tobago football team, noted that he is not focusing on past November World Cup memories - the November 16, 2005 qualifier against Bahrain (TT won 1-0 to book a spot in the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany) and November 19, 1989 against the United States (TT lost 1-0 as the US advanced to the 1990 FIFA World Cup in Italy).

Hart made it clear that he is hopeful that the current national team will build their own legacy, as they get ready to face the US today, from 7.36 pm, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo, in a 2018 FIFA World Cup CONCACAF Zone Fourth Round Group C Qualifier.

At his pre-game media conference at the TTFA (TT Football Association) office, Hasely Crawford Stadium yesterday, the TT coach said, “I try to keep that way from them. Those sort of things weigh on your shoulders especially (as) we’re not a country with a rich history of qualifying for a World Cup.

“I think at times, sometimes, we dwell too much on things like that.

It is great to celebrate it but this is their time. And I want them to seize their time and make the best of what they have, in this time.” He added, “those other guys did what they had to do, and, (for) that generation, it took them about 10 years to get there. This generation (has) just started.” Both teams will enter today’s game on the back of victories in their opening encounters on Friday, with Trinidad and Tobago defeating Guatemala 2-1 and the US thrashing St Vincent and the Grenadines 6-1.

But the focus in the group will be at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, with first place, ahead of the next set of matches on March 25, at stake.

Hart noted, “everything we have done has been leading up to World Cup qualification. The players know what to expect. The United States (are) probably one of those teams that can match us physically.

That’s a big part of their game. But they also have some high-quality technical players, so they can mix and match. It’s important for us to realise that and not get caught up in the emotion and the atmosphere.” Midfielders Kevan George, Joevin Jones and Cordell Cato play in the American Major League Soccer (MLS) and Hart was pleased with their development in top US league.

Hart said, “George is a young player and has a lot of potential.

And we had (Kevin) Molino, one of our top-scorers. He’s injured but the MLS, for us, has been good. I would encourage the young players to cut their teeth (there) if they can. I think the league has grown in leaps and bounds.” United States coach Juergen Klinsmann, in his pre-match interview yesterday, said, “we expect a very difficult game. (TT are) a good team, they’ve proven that throughout the entire year. They’ve done very well. They’ve won in Guatemala and they’re on a high.

“(I’ll) tell (my) players to be ready, be alert from the first second and go to the limit. These are the games where you get tested to the limit, and it’s going to be exciting.”

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 17, 2015, 06:25:40 AM »
WATCH: Pre-match press conference with Stephen Hart
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KmMGGo18Xok" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KmMGGo18Xok</a>

WATCH: Pre-match press conference with Jürgen Klinsmann
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aO_swmJfcx8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aO_swmJfcx8</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 17, 2015, 06:46:16 AM »
Foock it, I'm staying home today.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2015, 07:07:22 AM »
Damn! Some serious Restrictions there Re: Parking...

And u can best believe Derek Chin gonna charge people to Park in M. Towne as he normally does. I gonna reach early in Pos around 3, start the pre-game festivities by Zanzibar, chug a few  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: then walk across. Eh able with the traffic and Police Brutality today nah

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 17, 2015, 07:19:13 AM »
The guys should be better for this game than the last. I used to think when it came to football we had to be at our best as luck was rarely on our side. That last game changed that. So with a better performance and some luck, we could win USA. ..and of course, some prayers

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 17, 2015, 07:31:03 AM »
Let my Warriors out

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 17, 2015, 08:53:59 AM »
So I guess the game starts at 8:30 est

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 17, 2015, 08:56:33 AM »
can't make it again steups, livin south and mih brother have to work, now tinking ah could stay by mih uncle in Diego Martin but dat thought come too late done in POS so d time table too tight now.....next game definitely
I pity the fool....

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #144 on: November 17, 2015, 09:16:29 AM »
Based on his question the Jamaican reporter mentioned to Jürgen Klinsmann that Jamaica is a giant in Caribbean football, believe it or not.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 09:56:23 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #145 on: November 17, 2015, 09:19:32 AM »
An inside view of HC stadium on Klinsmann fb profile page.

https://www.facebook.com/JuergenKlinsmann
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 09:21:52 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 17, 2015, 09:31:33 AM »
So I guess the game starts at 8:30 est
6:30 est...6:36 to be exact

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Five Points: USA chase another victory in Trinidad and Tobago
« Reply #147 on: November 17, 2015, 09:38:41 AM »
Five Points: USA chase another victory in Trinidad and Tobago
By Kyle McCarthy (FOX Soccer)

The hallowed ground inside Hasely Crawford Stadium stirs up memories for the United States national team. It is the location where the Americans ended a 40-year World Cup drought with one fateful goal from Paul Caligiuri and prevented Trinidad and Tobago from sealing its first berth in the process. It is the place where qualifying effort after qualifying effort received a timely boost with a narrow victory. It is the spot where American teams have survived and thrived in taxing conditions.

None of that history matters now, though. This is a different time and a different set of circumstances. Trinidad and Tobago enters this game with its most cohesive group since reaching the 2006 World Cup. The expected sell-out crowd hopes to see the Soca Warriors contradict their dismal run against the Americans in World Cup qualifiers and sustain their recent success.

United States coach Jurgen Klinsmann and his players are confident in their chances, but they are also wary of their opposition. This is the first away match in the 2018 World Cup qualifying process. And it is one they plan to treat with the proper diligence and respect against capable opposition.

“You can definitely tell them to take every game in its own way,” Klinsmann said in his pre-match press conference here on Monday. “You have to be mentally ready to deal with some unexpected things. The game can develop in a certain way. You have to adjust as quickly as possible to your surroundings. We expect a very difficult game. It’s a good team. They’ve proven that throughout the entire year. They’ve done very well. They have won in Guatemala. They are on a high. It’s good. You tell your players to be ready and alert from the first second on and to go to the limit. Those are the games where you get tested to your limit. It’s exciting.”

This test offers Klinsmann a chance to test those boundaries and work his side through them. It is a challenge the Americans must embrace in order to add yet another victory to their sterling record in Port of Spain (4-1-1 all-time in World Cup qualifiers).

Match the energy and the intent from the opening whistle

Trinidad and Tobago enters this game brimming with confidence after ending a 26-year wait for a victory in Guatemala on Friday. This youthful side navigated through the cauldron in Guatemala City to procure a 2-1 victory to open Group C play. It is the sort of experience capable of buoying the increasingly capable and confident group and preparing them for the visit by the Americans.

“I think it was extremely important,” T&T coach Stephen Hart said. “You cannot coach experience. A lot of our players, they don’t play in leagues where they have to fight every single day for selection. They don’t have to fight every single day to win the league. They play in comfortable positions in the table. A game like Guatemala -- where you really have to buckle down and try to make it happen -- I think it goes a long way. You can tell them 1000 times what it is going to be like. They don’t really believe you. It’s really good for us.”

Those lessons provide the next layer for a squad still maturing under Hart’s guidance. It is up to the Americans to account for the morale boost and cope with the energy supplied by the expected sell-out crowd from the outset.

Dictate and manage the game

The circumstances and the steamy conditions place additional importance on dictating the terms. T&T will not offer as much of the ball as St. Vincent did on Friday, but the Soca Warriors will permit the Americans to keep it occasionally to pave the way for the counter. The onus falls on the visitors to confront the Soca Warriors at every turn, grasp firm control of the proceedings and wield it effectively to prevent T&T from playing quickly from back to front.

“We know always that it is difficult to play away,” U.S. midfielder Jermaine Jones said. “It’s a different temperature and there are different fields. It’s not easy, but we have to take it how it comes. We did the same before the 2014 World Cup. It’s time to [do] business. You always want to win your home games and see what happens away. I think we have a good group. If we start to control games like we did against St. Vincent, then I think we can go forward.”

Mitigate the impact of Kenwyne Jones

Controlling the game means limiting the supply to T&T captain and talisman Kenwyne Jones. The Cardiff City striker swept home the winner in Guatemala City to underscore his continued impact on the side. Hart wisely constructed his tactical approach to rely on Jones at every turn: he serves as the initial landing point, the primary conduit for second balls and the final poacher to round off the play.

“Kenwyne Jones is a key player for T&T, there’s no doubt about it,” Klinsmann said. “He’s done very, very well in Europe. He’s still doing it. Obviously, we’ve watched a lot of his games recently. The players are prepared. With Geoff Cameron, we have a guy who has seen him many times and knows him really well. I think we have to have a special eye on him, no doubt about it.”

Cameron spent 18 months playing with the robust target man at Stoke City. The inevitable training ground battles between center back and forward provided Cameron with considerable insight on how to temper Jones’ influence.

“The way to stop him is to be physical with him,” Cameron explained. “We have to make sure to cut the supply chain off and don’t allow them to have the time and space in midfield to pick long balls and hope for a flick.”

The trickiest part for the Americans: Jones requires constant attention because he brings so many other players into the game. It takes a collective effort -- Cameron noted the importance of players filling the gaps when someone challenges Jones in the air, for example -- to ensure Jones does not add to his haul of 15 goals in 27 appearances during Hart’s reign.

Strike the right balance in midfield

The presence of T&T captain Jones up front also influences how Klinsmann approaches his choices in central midfield. There is a need to occupy the space in front of the back four to ensure those timely flicks do not find Joevin Jones and Lester Peltier as they slice inside from the wide areas.

Klinsmann must consult with Jermaine Jones before deciding how to address that particular problem. The veteran midfielder picked up a hamstring complaint in the win over St. Vincent, but he trained on Monday as he tried to state his case for inclusion.

“I took it a little bit easy today,” Jones said before taking the field. “I’ll try to train and see how it is. But, normally, it’s OK.”

There are options available if Revolution midfielder Jones isn’t risked from the start -- Kyle Beckerman might force his way into the side and prompt further adjustments anyways as a dedicated holding player to clog those areas -- and the Americans need to adjust accordingly either way. There are other selection issues for Klinsmann to ponder as he tries to balance the need for strength and solidity with the desire to push forward, too.

Pounce when the opportunity presents itself

These are the games where Jozy Altidore often thrives. Altidore increased his haul to 11 WCQ goals with a double against St. Vincent on Friday and underscored his menace in the process. His presence as both a touchstone and as a threat inside the penalty area makes him difficult to contain.

“Everybody knows his qualities,” Hart said. “He’s big. He’s strong. He clatters away. He runs all day. I’m just hoping he has an off day.”

Altidore needs support to ensure he makes his impact on the game. The onus falls on his partner -- Bobby Wood, most likely -- to accentuate those qualities. There is room to exploit in a T&T defense susceptible to pace and quick lateral movement. And the developing chemistry between Altidore and Wood -- note the strides made on and off the ball between the Peru friendly and the St. Vincent win -- might aid the process.

“It’s important,” Wood said. “It’s something where you just have to read what he does. He’s an experienced guy. I just have to see what he’s doing and play off him.”

It is a tenet worth cherishing heading into this affair. There is a need for control at times, but the Americans must also adjust accordingly to ensure this visit to Trinidad yields another three points.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 17, 2015, 09:47:51 AM »
Coach Hart said it right, in T&T we have fans but not supporters.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 17, 2015, 10:11:03 AM »
Excellent scoop article Tallman. Shows how they are thinking strategy to neutralize T&T.
BraveHart is ready for them and will spring a few surprises. Bring it on!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>