March 28, 2024, 02:50:29 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (17-Nov-2015)  (Read 44436 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs USA Game (17-Nov-2015)
« Reply #240 on: November 17, 2015, 10:46:42 PM »
Did not see the game. As much as we would have liked 3 points, one eh bad. This team is a work in progress. The last WC game vs the US, we played a real good games when Latas was the coach, and Ricardo Clark poison we with a scorcher. Have patience.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 17, 2015, 11:07:53 PM »
I had to delete last post.. What I meant to post is.. I have Mexicans coming up to me randomly to shake my hand.. I have American friends who fear my national team that are now breathing a sigh of relief.. Jurgen is relieved.. On the bright side both teams played well. Win against SVG for US gave them confidence, if they had TNT first after the dismal showing in GC we probably would have won for sure lol.This TNT side has improved ALOT, but still in beta IMO, figuring out who takes corners and free kicks are still up in the air somewhat - the back and near post coverage against set pieces could use some work and last a bit of patience infront of goal.. I felt like tnt rushed the chances they had - Howard was not tested at all - this is a problem especially at home.

The team can correct these issues - structure the gameplan a bit better so they physical of the team isn't depleted after 75 minutes into the game. Overall happy with one point, we had good moments but still a bit ball watching in the middle and not winning those second balls.

Oh - .. Americans are rooting for TNT vs Mexico and the Mexicans are rooting for tnt vs US. .. It's funny...  and ridiculous.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 11:10:49 PM by SWO_TNTFAN »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 17, 2015, 11:42:41 PM »
WATCH: Comments from Head Coach Stephen Hart after Trinidad and Tobago’s 0-0 draw with the United States
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EOyyQWPRzWM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EOyyQWPRzWM</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 17, 2015, 11:55:33 PM »
Didn't see the game ...highlights look very encouraging..this team can only get better ..in the whole scheme of things this draw is a victory.

Klinsmann is still in trouble ..he doesn't have the answer to Mexico..we can take points from Mexico...we have taken points from the US..we can beat them on the road where this team performs even better.

I know de Coachman not taking anybody lightly..we may drop a couple points here and there against opponents that we can beat but so would everybody else.

We have a strong chance to get to Russia.

We have to be patient and know this is the smartest Trini Coach I have seen to date..the man sleeps,breathe, dreams, football 24/7...I feel that very soon we will see an influx of foreign born coming out of the woodwork to try to get on this team..

The best thing Tim ever did is to hire Stephen Hart at the right time when this coach is peaking....I still say he needs a little help on pressure/cover/balance thing..the philosphy without the ball needs work..

All in all we can't fly in God's face ...Great Result!!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #244 on: November 18, 2015, 12:39:08 AM »
Hart played dead to catch corbeaux alive... that was his strategy.. the counter... they defended well, there is need for improvement but it will come...

j.jones played well, cato played well, jones didn't finish, but i liked williams in the back and hoyte is as composed as ever... boucard did a good job holding up the mid and keeping it simple.. they kept possession more in this game and i believe a draw for US was actually lucky..

had TT converted their chances in the first half, the flood gates would have opened.. this is an average US team, right now its TT and Mex ahead of the pack in terms of qualification and yes im calling that now...

costa rica and the US will battle for that 3rd and 4th spot.. with the return of Molino, Guerra and Hector, we can beat any team in Concacaf

this is what i have been trying to tell the naysayers for years, its finally coming to pass, the talent is there and better than almost all teams in the region, mexico is the only team equal or better in terms of talent in the region..

we are going to copa... and will surprise south america.. mark my words

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 18, 2015, 12:47:03 AM »
Didn't see the game ...highlights look very encouraging..this team can only get better ..in the whole scheme of things this draw is a victory.

Klinsmann is still in trouble ..he doesn't have the answer to Mexico..we can take points from Mexico...we have taken points from the US..we can beat them on the road where this team performs even better.

I know de Coachman not taking anybody lightly..we may drop a couple points here and there against opponents that we can beat but so would everybody else.

We have a strong chance to get to Russia.

We have to be patient and know this is the smartest Trini Coach I have seen to date..the man sleeps,breathe, dreams, football 24/7...
The best thing Tim ever did is to hire Stephen Hart at the right time when this coach is peaking....I still say he needs a little help on pressure/cover/balance thing..the philosphy without the ball needs work..
I feel that very soon we will see an influx of foreign born coming out of the woodwork to try to get on this team..

All in all we can't fly in God's face ...Great Result!!

Nuttin wrong with that would love to see Nick Deleon be part of this team as it adds depth.
I think we need one or two central defenders as AbuBakr is naturally a 6 and not 4 or 5.

One of the things that has made this team better is that Jackula isn't involved. Before every tournament there would be the stress of having to go to him to get approval  cap in hand, for one thing or another and now that that demon has been exorcised things will be better,
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 12:49:31 AM by MEP »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 18, 2015, 07:18:35 AM »
Saw the game, my observations were:

T&T played an organized, disciplined and mature game.

They lacked cutting edge in the final 3rd.

They looked very tired by the 70th minute.

The USA are a better team than they showed today and didn't play well.

A point against a superior team (see rankings) is a good result.

The substitutions were good ones but maybe a little late.

This is probably one of the best coached T&T teams I've seen in years.

Yeah.  You pretty much summed up my thoughts on the game too..... :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 18, 2015, 09:06:11 AM »
would've been better to beat them at home but 4 points out of 2 games is good considering the opportunity. That is how much points I would've expected T&T to collect+

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 18, 2015, 10:36:10 AM »

USA had the better of the game , more chances.

Will be a small miracle to go to the states and come back with a point
wah game u watch?? And Ppl hard to please yes. 4 pts from d two games is very good. Team was good today, can play better yet buy encouraging signs... On to the next game, let's win that and get closer to the hex

Reality check son.
This is not the HEX when the real football start.

Whilst this team showing a lot more promise than recent vintage.

This team need to improve to another level to qualify for the WC.

Costa Rica
Mexico
USA
Panama
Jamaica

Big teams to overcome, we have to win most of our home games.
The performance last night did not give me the confidence that we could do that.

See this too often to get carried away by it.

An why yuh ent fight with Sam instead?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 18, 2015, 11:55:34 AM »

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 18, 2015, 12:06:56 PM »
One mistake I think Hart made yesterday was to start Cato. Cato is good but he doesn't really do well starting. Cummings or Glenn would have been the better started. Cato is great to sub on in the last 30 mins or so to bring some pressure on the opponents tired legs. I am surprised the coach didn't go with the same lineup we had against Mexico with Cummings and Glenn because that's where we play our best.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 18, 2015, 12:10:49 PM »
It is a process.....look at language some of you'll are using to describe the team now...disciplined, organized...all that is part of the process. What the coach has envisioned won't come overnight especially against teams that have been more consistent than us. We have had credible performances from the Gold Cup till now and from a fan perspective which is the viewpoint many of you'll are coming from is that wins are all that matters but from a coaching perspective it is different.  I'm only surmising here but given the lack quality warmup games he has to employ a tactical approach that sees the first principle of attack as being defense. Defending does not come naturally to us and it has to do more so with who we are as a people as we like to express ourselves. If we can defend well and through the moments of the game then it will allow us the freedom to better express ourselves in attack.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 18, 2015, 12:22:56 PM »
Question about Trevin Caesar:
I see he is listed as unattached having played "last season" for the Aztecs. When does that league's season run?

Caesar is listed as unattached because the USL season is over and the Austin Aztex will not be participating in 2016.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 18, 2015, 12:27:53 PM »
Is Hart kicking the shots??  We had 13 shots overall. He can't make them put it on target

Sam. Go home. You facking drunk.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 18, 2015, 12:37:12 PM »
Highlights

<a href="http://YouTube.com/v/mVBflbDolew" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://YouTube.com/v/mVBflbDolew</a>

Allyuh don't think is time they cover Jean Pierre and make it a proper indoor arena ?

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 18, 2015, 12:43:23 PM »
Sam  wey yuh  ?  ok breds before yuh start bussing cuss on me .......  ah really think yuh need to give coach  stephen hart alot more respect .   .....like a mad man yuh just jump out de blocks  calling our coach ah  f..  g  joker  , wha kinda ting is dat ? Ah really think yuh lose yuh head dey for a moment !! yuh cyar be serious  for making such reference .. are you ? ok now yuh free to cuss me .. yuh is a real trip oui sam !!

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 18, 2015, 12:52:35 PM »
Highlights

<a href="http://YouTube.com/v/mVBflbDolew" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://YouTube.com/v/mVBflbDolew</a>

Allyuh don't think is time they cover Jean Pierre and make it a proper indoor arena ?
a definite yes, if not covered at least have a retractable roof and an upper level.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 18, 2015, 12:54:05 PM »
........in all honesty I tink it would be sweeter to poison USA in dey own yard anyways

I hereby nominate as de POST OF THE DAY!!!    ;D  :beermug:  :beermug:   :beermug:  :beermug:   :beermug:   :beermug:
i concur with both sentiments.

how sweet it would be to shut up those big mouth yankee commentators. i could see their faces now.

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 18, 2015, 01:31:48 PM »
It is a process.....look at language some of you'll are using to describe the team now...disciplined, organized...all that is part of the process. What the coach has envisioned won't come overnight especially against teams that have been more consistent than us. We have had credible performances from the Gold Cup till now and from a fan perspective which is the viewpoint many of you'll are coming from is that wins are all that matters but from a coaching perspective it is different.  I'm only surmising here but given the lack quality warmup games he has to employ a tactical approach that sees the first principle of attack as being defense. Defending does not come naturally to us and it has to do more so with who we are as a people as we like to express ourselves. If we can defend well and through the moments of the game then it will allow us the freedom to better express ourselves in attack.
Well said, pure sense  :beermug:

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 18, 2015, 01:53:21 PM »
Question about Trevin Caesar:
I see he is listed as unattached having played "last season" for the Aztecs. When does that league's season run?

Caesar is listed as unattached because the USL season is over and the Austin Aztex will not be participating in 2016.

I see. Hope to see him land a big wuk. Any scoops on trials?
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 18, 2015, 02:08:42 PM »
Anyone saw that ball control from Joevin Jones on the right? Shiit was world class...anyone got a video of it?

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 18, 2015, 02:20:11 PM »
For those like myself who missed the game last night its on YouTube. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aln_y3LUXVY

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 18, 2015, 04:20:02 PM »
Anyone saw that ball control from Joevin Jones on the right? Shiit was world class...anyone got a video of it?

Dread, jus priceless, BEIN commentators were beside themselves wi'th that one...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 18, 2015, 04:33:21 PM »
Sam  wey yuh  ?  ok breds before yuh start bussing cuss on me .......  ah really think yuh need to give coach  stephen hart alot more respect .   .....like a mad man yuh just jump out de blocks  calling our coach ah  f..  g  joker  , wha kinda ting is dat ? Ah really think yuh lose yuh head dey for a moment !! yuh cyar be serious  for making such reference .. are you ? ok now yuh free to cuss me .. yuh is a real trip oui sam !!

Yuh right, ah take that back, didn't mean he is a joker, just was a figure of speech and chose de wrong words, man was lil tight nah.

Hartie, sorry,,,

Still don't like how de game play out, like we went for de draw, but to be honest, I think we were the better team.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 18, 2015, 05:04:02 PM »
No worries breds ah had ah feeling yuh was feeling nice .... ah mean real nice wid all dem beers yuh had  b4 de match  Eh  Sam  :beermug: :laugh:   

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 18, 2015, 05:48:30 PM »

Dread, jus priceless, BEIN commentators were beside themselves wi'th that one...

Yeah they compared that touch to worldclass footballers.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 18, 2015, 06:34:15 PM »

Yeah they compared that touch to worldclass footballers.

"Van Persie like" to be precise..... :)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 18, 2015, 07:11:02 PM »
Jan does read this forum I could tell yu dat. Di man have step up di last 2 games since I call him a big shit hound.
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 18, 2015, 10:55:15 PM »
The U.S. traveled to Port of Spain, Trinidad for the second match day of the semifinal round of qualifying for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

USA vs. Trinidad & Tobago: Highlights - Nov. 17, 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mVBflbDolew" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mVBflbDolew</a>

And for those of you who missed seeing it live, here is the FULL MATCH between Trinidad and Tobago and the United States.

Trinidad And Tobago vs USA - Nov 17, 2015 (WC Qualifier) - Full Match
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aln_y3LUXVY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aln_y3LUXVY</a>

T&T Head coach Hart speaks at Post Match Press Conference after 0-0 draw with USA in Port of Spain on Tuesday night - TTFA Media TV.

Stephen Hart's Post Match comments after 0-0 draw with USA
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EOyyQWPRzWM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EOyyQWPRzWM</a>

Jurgen Klinsmann at the Post Match Press Conference following the 0-0 draw between T&T and USA in Port of Spain on Tuesday - TTFA Media TV

Klinsmann's Post Match comments after 0-0 draw betwee T&T and USA in Port of Spain
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tIq8VkBzkdg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tIq8VkBzkdg</a>

T&T defender gives his reaction after 0-0 draw with USA - TTFA Media TV

Radanfah Abu Bakr reacts following the 0-0 draw with USA
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aBjg48PNV7M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aBjg48PNV7M</a>
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Passion8 fan

• New Warrior
  • Supporting the Soca Warriors all de way...
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 19, 2015, 07:44:35 PM »
Totally enjoyed looking at the T&T vs USA match. It was much less stressful than watching the Guatemala game.  Go Warriors... :beermug:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 07:46:37 PM by Passion8 fan »

1]; } ?>