April 24, 2024, 02:38:21 PM

Author Topic: Any new players discovered from this year CPL?  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Any new players discovered from this year CPL?
« on: July 30, 2015, 04:45:01 AM »
Who are the new players being discovered from this tournament that will serve as a benefit for the WI team and if none is being discovered what is the true purpose of this tournament?

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Any new players discovered from this year CPL?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 06:05:57 AM »
Who are the new players being discovered from this tournament that will serve as a benefit for the WI team and if none is being discovered what is the true purpose of this tournament?

To make money for its private investors.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 11:30:54 AM »
Derone Davis playing for the Red Steel comes to mind

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 10:25:38 PM »

Honestly I believe the CPL is more about partying then developing players. I hope the league organizers keep in mind that today's stars will eventually become old and retire then they will have their hands up in the air asking where are the young stars

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 06:18:35 AM »

Honestly I believe the CPL is more about partying then developing players. I hope the league organizers keep in mind that today's stars will eventually become old and retire then they will have their hands up in the air asking where are the young stars
Clearly you weren't asking a question but just wanted to get your point of view across... carry on  ::)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 07:34:59 AM »

explain. was there a fete or fetes on the field of play? The fans had a 'time' and I believe that is the reason for this type of format.

ah still  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  oui

« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 07:36:55 AM by Jumbie »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 10:39:37 AM »

explain. was there a fete or fetes on the field of play? The fans had a 'time' and I believe that is the reason for this type of format.

You the only one laughing and maybe because you are the only one simple minded. :D The CPL seems to be more about partying than developing players in regards to its purpose not about what is going on the field.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 10:42:41 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 10:44:00 AM »

Clearly you weren't asking a question but just wanted to get your point of view across... carry on  ::)

And I can see you either disagree with my view on the issue or would want me not to have one  :D

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 11:09:13 AM »

You the only one laughing and maybe because you are the only one simple minded. :D The CPL seems to be more about partying than developing players in regards to its purpose not about what is going on the field.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: at the way yuh get manners by the brit in another post.

simple minded ~ save the name calling for your friends. I don't engage in such.

Re: partying - I saw cricket on display on the field. What did you see? I saw partying on display in the stands, what did you see? Unless you were watching the new crickflix.

The marketing behind the format is for the fans to engage and enjoy the game. For the players to provide excitement, thrilling and down-to-the-wire cricket. How are we supposed to develop players in such a format? This is not a feeder system - but then it can be argued I don't know cricket? I'm open to being corrected.. providing you're capable?

And for "owners' to make $$. This is NOT charity!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 11:13:19 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: at the way yuh get manners by the brit in another post.

simple minded ~ save the name calling for your friends. I don't engage in such.

Re: partying - I saw cricket on display on the field. What did you see? I saw partying on display in the stands, what did you see? Unless you were watching the new crickflix.

The marketing behind the format is for the fans to engage and enjoy the game. For the players to provide excitement, thrilling and down-to-the-wire cricket. How are we supposed to develop players in such a format? This is not a feeder system - but then it can be argued I don't know cricket? I'm open to being corrected.. providing you're capable?

And for "owners' to make $$. This is NOT charity!

^^ manners by the Brit?  Who is the Brit you cheerleading? :D  Put down the bottle.

You are to free to have your opinion. We can see their marketing strategy is about partying and feting and as I said before the tournament is not focused on developing youth players. This cannot be refuted. Development of cricket in the WI should never be seen as charity.

Now continue to laugh at yourself by yourself  :D

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 12:11:54 PM »
I'll put down the bottle when you pick up a book other than a comic.

Re: The cricket. You still failed to comment on the product on the "field". Was there a party on the field? It's the cricket we're talking about right? How is the format (on the field) supposed to develop players? Can a "Test" player be developed in this format? Even a 50 over player.. can said player be developed from this format?

This type of cricket has it's place... I would think.

Maybe you should sponsor a team and help develop players for the next generation and see how much of a "business" you'd make from it. Yea, it's not charity!

Start with West Indian reader book 1. Red cover!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 12:19:43 PM »
You are rambling now  :D

The CPL is about partying and feting does not = to play on the field. This is simple but yet you are struggling with it's meaning. Like I said earlier this CPL tournament is NOT focused on youth development therefore it has no long term benefit to WI team cricket.

Yuh could jump high, yuh could jump low that is the point that has been made..

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 12:49:53 PM »
yuh come in the deep end and yuh can't swim with men.

Ah gone. have plenty bumpa to wine on in Toronto this weekend.

ah still  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 02:12:52 PM »
Jumbie take your meds bredda. Now you just embarrassing yourself . It is clear you are not capable of staying on course with the topic.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 02:21:23 PM by Sando prince »

1]; } ?>