March 29, 2024, 01:41:20 AM

Author Topic: Minister Sancho continues to give T&T football the government boot.  (Read 15030 times)

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: Minister Sancho continues to give T&T football the government boot.
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2015, 11:06:06 AM »
I want to start up a private recycling factory in Trini. I wonder if it have room on this site for me to siddong and talk sh!t bout ' the gov't have a duty to support recycling' when i submit my budget for water and lights and toxicologists. i wonder if the owners and administrators of this website will be parroting that same BS?

Do you know where the Ministry of Recycling office is... or if you know anything of it's statutory mandate to the public?

The Ministry of Sports was created by Act of Parliament to oversee sports and sports-related activity in TnT.  This includes funding where necessary. Football is a sport and deserves funding the same as other sporting bodies.

Recycling would fall under Ministry of Environment and Water Resources http://www.mewr.gov.tt/ (just like football would fall under sports). There is already one private landfill along with the 6 or so gov't owned ones, so I wouldn't be setting precedent :)

so a broad statement such as "football deserves funding....the 'same' as other sporting bodies" would probably not get us far, b/c football has received funding...and the argument is.... documents? more of a share (more 'same') of the 25 million annually for all 15 sports for football? suggestion that TTFA could actually raise a better portion of their own budget? I think we arguing them things for months now so I'll skip.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2015, 07:16:23 PM »

Without browsing through the thread I bet Football Supporter and Jumbie defending San-ko like dem lives depended upon it  :D

Just a few more weeks for the bacchanalist Sank-ko to end his drama filled MOS tenure

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2015, 08:27:56 PM »

Without browsing through the thread I bet Football Supporter and Jumbie defending San-ko like dem lives depended upon it  :D

Just a few more weeks for the bacchanalist Sank-ko to end his drama filled MOS tenure

Be careful what you wish for.....you may just get it.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2015, 09:43:26 PM »
really wish you had a vagina (and not ACT like you had one) so I could pay you some attention.

FYI, the elections which concerns me is October 19, 2015. Ah bet you can't vote in an American election and have no vote in ah Trinbago election!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 09:46:15 PM by Jumbie »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2015, 10:18:19 PM »

^^ why this emotional clown above me is making an azz of himself. Aye Jumbie clown you don't know where I can vote and where I live. The voices in yuh head embarrassing you again  :D

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2015, 08:31:13 AM »

I would be interested to know who you would like to be PNM Minister of Sport?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2015, 09:34:52 AM »

FS.....I will not answer this question but I will state only this, even If TTFA organization and coordination skills were in tip top shape(which it isn't)....dotted every "i" and crossed every "t".........there would still be undue pressure and an undercurrent of sabotage because of tim kee politics it is the MO of the UNC.....Griffith being a noted though short lived exception.... dem is Sancho boss and he himself have ah axe to grind
I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2015, 09:55:19 AM »

FS.....I will not answer this question but I will state only this, even If TTFA organization and coordination skills were in tip top shape(which it isn't)....dotted every "i" and crossed every "t".........there would still be undue pressure and an undercurrent of sabotage because of tim kee politics it is the MO of the UNC.....Griffith being a noted though short lived exception.... dem is Sancho boss and he himself have ah axe to grind

As I have stated before, there are many ardent PNM supporters within the Ministry, and no doubt, many UNC supporters too. Neither group receives "orders" from political parties, both groups love football and both groups are disillusioned and unsupportive of TTFA in its current format.

My self and the Permanent Secretary receive no orders from the Government regarding sporting organisations.

I cannot profess that Sancho tells me all that is discussed in cabinet, but it is my belief that Kamla and co have more pressing business than RTK. In fact, I will go further in that when evidence appeared that RTK was privy to Warner's financial capers at TTFF, there was no interest from the government in pursuing it or using that information for political gain.

Now, I'm not saying that either party are above mud slinging, but this fight between RTK and Sancho, while I still believe is politically motivated by RTK, is nothing to do with the People's Partnership.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2015, 10:48:16 AM »

As I have stated before, there are many ardent PNM supporters within the Ministry, and no doubt, many UNC supporters too. Neither group receives "orders" from political parties, both groups love football and both groups are disillusioned and unsupportive of TTFA in its current format.

My self and the Permanent Secretary receive no orders from the Government regarding sporting organisations.

I cannot profess that Sancho tells me all that is discussed in cabinet, but it is my belief that Kamla and co have more pressing business than RTK. In fact, I will go further in that when evidence appeared that RTK was privy to Warner's financial capers at TTFF, there was no interest from the government in pursuing it or using that information for political gain.

Now, I'm not saying that either party are above mud slinging, but this fight between RTK and Sancho, while I still believe is politically motivated by RTK, is nothing to do with the People's Partnership.

right due to what..........

the organizational bungling...........I will back you their

the inability to source funding outside of subventions..........we discussed this.....TTFA reputation in tatters due to TTFF/JW......politics at state companies

I would agree that if the FA wants gov't funds it should be more forthcoming in its financial affairs.......but up to recently Sancho was suggesting using gate receipts to pay players.....dat is non starter given the state of the product being sold again TTFF REP AFTER JACK/06 in tatters.....though I think TTFA missed a genuine opportunity to market the product for GC....dat CNMG stream was ah waste of time and d effort much to late if u ask me........but I digress.....what do u think would be the the MoS position on "funds set aside" most likely answer would be "use dat" irregardless of what it was intended for, given the relationship as it has stood over the last 5 years......is it right to withhold info of said, if it is being done, No, but with the ministry possibly willing to cut any submitted budget based on that...............
I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2015, 11:04:27 AM »

the inability to source funding outside of subventions..........we discussed this.....TTFA reputation in tatters due to TTFF/JW......politics at state companies

I would agree that if the FA wants gov't funds it should be more forthcoming in its financial affairs.......but up to recently Sancho was suggesting using gate receipts to pay players.....dat is non starter given the state of the product being sold again TTFF REP AFTER JACK/06 in tatters.....though I think TTFA missed a genuine opportunity to market the product for GC....dat CNMG stream was ah waste of time and d effort much to late if u ask me........but I digress.....what do u think would be the the MoS position on "funds set aside" most likely answer would be "use dat" irregardless of what it was intended for, given the relationship as it has stood over the last 5 years......is it right to withhold info of said, if it is being done, No, but with the ministry possibly willing to cut any submitted budget based on that...............

The idea of the gate receipts was put forward by the previous Permanent Secretary because he was tired of receiving requests for debts incurred by TTFA and suggested that if there was any profit from the game which was effectively being funded by MoS, then they should go towards debt repayment.

I agree about funds set aside except in this case there was a cabinet note which could only be used for Gold Cup. Therefore, any income generated could pick up the  shortfall and the remainder could be used for future projects (which is actually what happened)

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2015, 11:06:02 AM »

Raymond worked for Jack you fool.

Sancho is working for a corrupted leader.

So what's your point?

Why don't you get out of our country if you can't do anything to help?

Jack has helped T&T football for over 30 years, he spent a lot of his OWN money now Sancho acting like a small pocket change is coming out of his personal pocket.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2015, 11:31:38 AM »

The idea of the gate receipts was put forward by the previous Permanent Secretary because he was tired of receiving requests for debts incurred by TTFA and suggested that if there was any profit from the game which was effectively being funded by MoS, then they should go towards debt repayment.

I agree about funds set aside except in this case there was a cabinet note which could only be used for Gold Cup. Therefore, any income generated could pick up the  shortfall and the remainder could be used for future projects (which is actually what happened)

I know this.....was simply speculating on what the MoS position on any FSA amounts in the FAs books, considering the strained relationship that exists
I pity the fool....

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2015, 05:41:05 AM »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Sancho-implements-strict-accounting-polices-ministry-funding-nsos
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2015, 03:31:22 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2015-08-23/sancho-implements-strict-accounting-polices-ministry-funding-nsos

Minister of Sport Brent Sancho has implemented new funding policies to ensure that monies distributed by the Ministry of Sport and SPORTT to National Sporting Organization and others are well accounted for and used for what it was intended. This according to his adviser Kevin Harrison, who said: “When we came in here it was always a concern as to where the money was going and what was needed to bring those asking for funds to be accountable.

“One of the simplest things we have done is to ask national sporting associations and other nationals asking for assistance to send us a detailed list of what they need. “We are also asking them to send three tenders for the items they wish to get and then we go through it carefully and choose who should supply. We then pay to the supplier directly and not to the person or persons making the request.”

Harrison who was once employed with the English Football Players Union added: “Let me show an example, if the T&T Football Association (TTFA) comes to us and tells us that they are sending a football team to let’s say to Venezuela. We then ask them for the number of players and officials that are going to Venezuela and we will then say let’s take care of the airline tickets and the accommodation.

“We then pay to the hotel and the airline directly, so we prevent money going for other things that were not budgeted for and hence in this case we can account for taxpayers dollars.” Another strategy we are using is to send members of our sport development staff to do site visits to make sure that funds are properly used.

The minister has been very strict in this regard and he is asking for regular reports on things like these. If someone comes and says they are hosting a tournament, we look at it and we always try to assist as best as we can. What we want to prevent is that monies are disbursed and then the event does not come off and someone goes off with funds.

“We will have people going around and making sure that the event comes off and that the money is well spent. The minister has made it clear that he wants proper accounting procedures in place and although he has a keen interest in assisting with funding through the ministry, he wants to make sure that the money brings value to the people of Trinidad and Tobago.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2015, 05:34:19 AM »
exactly HOW I SEE IT TOO :beermug:
It has become so unfortunate, that RTK is the president of TTFA and Brent being elected MoS. I applaud Brent for requesting transparency from TTFA, if they receiving taxpayers money. I applaud RTK for having an independent team do the new constitution. Everything in between is total f--king confusion. I don't know who to believe. I friggin fed up of both. One have the money, the other don't.

FS, while Brent has not openly come out and state that RTK is corrupt, the way he says things about RTK and TTFA, makes one feel he is implying the RTK and TTFA wants to bleed the govt for money. Like Star Child, said, Brent fight is with Jack Warner and he taking  it out on RTK. RTK on the other eh backing down from Brent. He inherited this massive debt left by Jack. He feels, and many agree that the govt should at least retire some of the debt Jack had incurred while he was both a prominent minister(acted as pm) and the socalled special advisor. The money that he spent to curry favor his way in the UNC/pp coalition, should have been used to retire all TTFA expenses. We all know that did  not happened. Many people seem to have convenient amnesia about that.
RTK can't find the money outside of govt fast enough to retire that debt and move the TTFA forward. Waiting on the election is a gross injustice to TT football. PNM eh sure to win. If they don't, what the frigg RTK go do. Continue with this impasse. Hell friggin NO.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2015, 01:27:57 PM »
A none graduate is now a minister.

2 more weeks of this.

And his sidekick Harrison, who couldn't hold down a job in England will have to look for work soon.

Wonder if he can spell the word transparency.

Surprise to see Stern John got bought. That academy sancho helping you with won your vote.
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2015, 03:06:27 PM »

2 more weeks of this.

And his sidekick Harrison, who couldn't hold down a job in England will have to look for work soon.

Surprise to see Stern John got bought. That academy sancho helping you with won your vote.

I can spell transparency. Sadly you can't even spell "non" as in non-graduate!

Actually old son, Sancho has an Associate degree in English and a B.Sc in Psychology .

Thankfully, I already have work so win or lose I'll survive.

But here's the thing, while Jack has his millions, guess what I can do? I can travel anywhere in the world that I like. Jack is even frightened to fly to Tobago. So who's the real joker?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2015, 04:59:21 PM »

2 more weeks of this.

Actually old son, Sancho has an Associate degree in English and a B.Sc in Psychology .

But here's the thing, while Jack has his millions, guess what I can do? I can travel anywhere in the world that I like. Jack is even frightened to fly to Tobago. So who's the real joker?
FS didn't know you were an englishman mate, howdee. BTW in england we use the word "NON" before a word for instance "nonentity" or "nontraditional" which becomes one word, but when you separate the words like JH did (none graduate) then it's quite common and accepted grammar in the americas. i went to high/secondary school both in trinidad and england and we pronounce schedule with an sh, while in america they pronounce it with an "sch" like school.

i guess what i am trying to say in terms of grammar i am afraid that no one is wrong in this equation, neither you nor jack horner.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 05:02:31 PM by pull stones »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2015, 09:19:52 PM »

2 more weeks of this.

FS didn't know you were an englishman mate, howdee. BTW in england we use the word "NON" before a word for instance "nonentity" or "nontraditional" which becomes one word, but when you separate the words like JH did (none graduate) then it's quite common and accepted grammar in the americas. i went to high/secondary school both in trinidad and england and we pronounce schedule with an sh, while in america they pronounce it with an "sch" like school.

i guess what i am trying to say in terms of grammar i am afraid that no one is wrong in this equation, neither you nor jack horner.

Trust me, Horner is always wrong and always will be!! I'm pretty sure there is no such phrase as none graduate , so I'm cool with non-graduate, which does exist!

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2015, 10:59:37 PM »
suit yourself.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2015, 05:39:20 AM »

2 more weeks of this.

I realised that, all them Englishmen he keeps hiring.

And Psychology.  :rotfl:

But yet, he is a minister of sports.

Kamla hired a Psychologist to be the minister of sports.

I dont her, she and her cabinet need all the mental help they can get.

But to be honest, a Associate degree in English.. What kind of job can you get with that?

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2015, 07:35:15 AM »

2 more weeks of this.

I realised that, all them Englishmen he keeps hiring.

And Psychology.  :rotfl:

But yet, he is a minister of sports.

Kamla hired a Psychologist to be the minister of sports.

I dont her, she and her cabinet need all the mental help they can get.

But to be honest, a Associate degree in English.. What kind of job can you get with that?

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Copy editing and checking for mistakes in printed material, which is positively a disqualifying factor for JW!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2015, 05:29:24 AM »
Sport Ministry disappoints TTOC pres
T&T Guardian Reports.

President of the T&T Olympic Committee (TTOC) Brian Lewis has expressed disappointment after four national athletes employed by the Ministry of Sports were forced into taking no-pay leave when traveling to Toronto for the Pan American Games last month.

According to Lewis, the athletes’ short-term contracts did not make provisions for special leave. However, he noted it would be difficult for elite athletes to be given special treatment by their employers when the Ministry of Sport could not accommodate its own.

“I was very disquieted to be informed about this,” he said. “I think the fact that they were employed by the Ministry of Sport raises some fundamental questions. Where is the moral authority now to expect that corporate T&T and other employers will consider representing your country as national service. I’m not saying it as a criticism, I’m saying it as an observation and it’s an issue that needs to be dealt with upfront.”

Lewis stressed that the country needed to create an environment which would enable its athletes to reach their full potential.

“We still have a lot of work to do and the TTOC is really trying to deepen the whole athlete-centered approach,” he said. “If we really want to achieve ten or more Olympic medals by 2024, we need to ensure our athletes have what they need.”

Lewis did commend the Ministry for its new ‘Podium Push’ initiative, though he was awaiting clarification about whether it would affect existing programmes.

“We have to make sure it is aligned with our various programmes already in place,” he said. “I am a big supporter of our Elite Athletes Assistance Programme. Yes, it needs to be revamped and reviewed. It has been Cabinet-approved. It assures that the TTOC is part of the process which makes for better transparency and accountability, better fairness and equity.

“I think it is important therefore that whatever is coming up acts as a compliment and not a replacement for the EAAP. The reality is that we are in an environment where due to the drop in oil and gas revenue, the Ministry of Finance has called for belt tightening. If we are coming up with another programme, is it going to be at the expense of the EAAP? I think all these things need to be looked at.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2015, 03:34:09 PM »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2016, 08:47:53 AM »
Zoff calls on Sancho to pay promised prize monies.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Popular community sports administrator Roger “Zoff” Celestine is calling on former Minister of Sports Brent Sancho to honour a commitment to pay prize monies amounting to $70,000 for an all fours tournament held to boost his campaign for last year’s general elections.

Zoff who will celebrate 37 years as an organiser of sports and cultural events in the San Juan area tomorrow, said he was approached by the ex-T&T defender to put on cricket, football and all fours events in the name of the People’s Partnership Government last year. All three events carried a whopping $201,000 budget which were to be shared as prize monies.

He complied to a request by Sancho to submit proposals for a $50,000 football competition that comprised an open division, 40 and over play-off, an $81,000 cricket tourney that featured a 45 and over, men’s open and women’s league and an all fours competition for $70, 000.

He told the Guardian he has now found himself facing threats of lawsuits, while other teams and players are promising to expose him on the popular Ian Alleyne or Beyond the Tape programmes as Sancho no longer takes his calls or responds to his text messages.

The veteran administrator said he was told by Sancho that all his money was used during his campaign last year and he could not provide the additional funding to pay. From this amount, Zoff was not paid for the months of work he did in putting the tournaments together and ensuring it ran smoothly and successfully.

“During the tournaments I cooked food and had drinks organised but more so, was able to put on a number of successful competitions which carried the name The People’s Partnership Constituency League and impressed the then sports minister,” Zoff said.

His workload included putting up huge banners of the People’s Partnership contribution to community sports that also made him look good. Sancho has sinced paid the tag for the football ($50,000) tournament and was asked to give part payment for the cricket play-offs, which was drastically reduced due to the help of corporate citizens British Gas T&T, Neil Gosein and others where significant contributions came.

Through corporate T&T, Zoff was also able to distribute trophies and medals and accumulate other operating expenses such as tents and equipment etc. Sancho’s reluctance to pay the prize monies has left Zoff severely stressed as he collapsed during the final of the all fours tourney, citing concerns by players for monies owed to them, which the veteran administrator did not have.

“For the first time in my life I have had to be avoiding people and giving them promises for monies that were not forthcoming from Sancho. And on the night of the finals of the all fours, I took it on so much that I passed out and had to be carried home by friends and supporters of teams,” Zoff said.   

When contacted yesterday, Sancho said he would have call back to give a response, but never did and further calls to his cellphone went unanswered.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2016, 01:01:13 PM »
not to belittle the issues..but all my life I travelled to play Cricket, football and all fours at my expense and for my entertainment..buy meh own drinks, sometime even buy ah few for the other team even when we win the trophy..and today all this money floating and promising.. Boy, it's really a different world.

anyway, promises are to be fulfilled, no warnerisms cutting it anymore.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2016, 05:56:08 AM »
Have not heard from FS or Sancho in a while.

FS, we miss you.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2016, 09:50:43 AM »
They have more and very important thing to do. Right FS??!!

Offline Debbie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2016, 09:57:30 AM »
Bes write up

1]; } ?>