March 28, 2024, 04:10:02 PM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Nicaragua Game (13-Oct-2015)  (Read 24997 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Nicaragua Game (13-Oct-2015)
« Reply #150 on: October 13, 2015, 07:12:01 PM »
who is dat glasses ting?   Bring she to the game
ROFL.. Your P just start to froth or what ? Sam dun hook that and everything else long time man   lol

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #151 on: October 13, 2015, 07:16:17 PM »
when the boys play home, its just ah bad vibez with these people back home, like they does blight the team...

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 13, 2015, 07:18:03 PM »
Alvin and the chipmunks, at one point cyrus is Cyprus, ah hear leonson lewis jus get ah nice pass, an is panama we playing...

Offline CAPITANO

• Full Warrior
  • I heart zaboka
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 13, 2015, 07:22:01 PM »
Alvin and the chipmunks, at one point cyrus is Cyprus, ah hear leonson lewis jus get ah nice pass, an is panama we playing...

I hear we have Jan MESHELLE Williams in goal
WE JAMMIN STILL!!!!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2015, 07:30:39 PM »
WATCH: Football 101 visits a Trinidad and Tobago training session. Hear from Shaun Fuentes (Director of Communications), William Wallace (Team Manager), and players Andre Boucaud and Yohance Marshall.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GJG5wYs5AQA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GJG5wYs5AQA</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2015, 07:43:59 PM »
WATCH: Football 101 visits a Trinidad and Tobago training session. Hear from Shaun Fuentes (Director of Communications), William Wallace (Team Manager), and players Andre Boucaud and Yohance Marshall.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GJG5wYs5AQA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GJG5wYs5AQA</a>
is william wallace a tobagonian?

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2015, 08:28:41 PM »
Just came from the game. I think we tried a couple things that didn't work out for us. First half we tried to be patient and spread the ball around but we had a hard time penetrating their defense. In the second half we went back to beats and shoot heart attack football, which the crowd woke up to. I think the Nicas were not that great when you look at quality, they were not really threatening on attack. One note, I know we were experimenting but please don't ever put Abu bakr at right back again. He was out of his element. Slipping, falling, mistraps and bad passes... All this with tons of space in the RB position, no pressure.

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 13, 2015, 09:11:55 PM »
Was at game tonight:

Imho, the guys seem to perform much better on the road. We should have won this game convincingly, but It's tough to play in front a Trini crowd who don't ever rally around the team. I was in the uncovered and it was real sour vibes from people, only negatives, cuss, bad mouthing. I believe in energy, and trust me, the crowd gave off real negative energy, so much so, Kenwyn was stretchered off...

We have never had a 12th man in T&T Footaball we aways sit and wait for the fellas to make a nice play or score before the crowd gets into it, that has to change... If I was the TTFA I would put a rhythm section in all 4 corners of the Stadium and put real vibes men who jumpin non stop whole game to vibes it up like how Powder Posse does be... We can't afford to continue this Sunday morning church like spectator-ship. Just my 2 cents

Wishing the boys all the best in prep for Guatemala game and speedy recovery for Kenwyn... #WinLoseorDraw

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2015, 09:16:43 PM »
dammit, now we might get a hard time from Cardiff next month

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warriors settle for tepid tie against Nicaragua; Hart pleased with late showing
« Reply #159 on: October 14, 2015, 01:43:23 AM »
Warriors settle for tepid tie against Nicaragua; Hart pleased with late showing
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

In the build-up to last night’s international friendly, Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team coach Stephen Hart challenged his players to assert themselves at home and set a standard for football visitors at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.
But, in the end, it was the stretcher bearers who saw the most action as the “Soca Warriors” and Nicaragua played to a largely dull goalless draw in Port of Spain.
Hart, who extended his unbeaten run in regulation time to seven games, was happy to look for the positives, though.
“I thought in the first half we were a little bit lethargic,” said Hart, in the post-game press conference. “(But) I was really, really pleased with the second half. I thought we just took over the game and Nicaragua realised that and started to kill the whole rhythm of the game.”
Only Hart would know how much of his positivity was genuine.
In truth, the Warriors had a wonderful opportunity to show their offensive capabilities against organised but limited opponents. And, at best, Nicaragua goalkeeper Justo Lorente looked to be in trouble just twice.
Warrior fans with long memories know what it means to dominate opponents and that was not it.
There was no doubting the sincerity of Nicaragua coach Henry Duarte’s pleasure with the result, though.
“Four days ago, Trinidad won a very difficult game against Panama,” said Duarte, via  a translator. “And they were playing at home…”
Last night was Nicaragua’s ninth game under Duarte, a Costa Rican native, and they have lost just once with six wins against Anguilla (twice), Suriname (twice), Jamaica and Cuba.
“Within a couple of years, Nicaragua will be a team to reckoned with,” said Duarte.
The Warriors do not have the luxury of time, not where their Russia 2018 World Cup dreams are concerned.
Ironically, if there were disappointed supporters yesterday, it was because the Warriors have made a habit of overachieving when it mattered.
Yesterday was a reality check. Hart’s troops are still a work in progress. They are spiky, defiant and athletic. But they are not expressive, creative and domineering.
Not yet anyway.
The first blow to the squad’s ego might have been delivered at 7 pm as roughly 2,500 people came out to see the Warriors kick off against Nicaragua. The number of supporters doubled by halftime but, in a venue built to accommodate 22,000 supporters, the attendance still seemed scant respect for the efforts of the young men.
Regardless, the Warriors started brightly and should have scored after just three minutes as playmaker Keron “Ball Pest” Cummings crossed from the left flank for full back Aubrey David whose close range shot was denied by Lorente while Khaleem Hyland and Trevin Caesar both failed to bury the rebound.
But it was a false dawn.
Joevin Jones whistled a free kick narrowly wide, three minutes later, but, largely, the Warriors struggled to get their rhythm against Central American opponents who closed passing lanes quickly.
The boys in red shirts dished out more turnovers than a server at Linda’s Bakery. But Nicaragua had neither the guile nor the explosiveness to capitalise.
Credit is due here to the composure and athleticism of the Trinidad and Tobago back four, which was superbly shielded by midfield ball winner Kevan George. But the football fans had hoped for more against a team that was already eliminated from the World Cup qualifying series, albeit by the most slender of margins against 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup finalists, Jamaica.
Trinidad and Tobago were better in the second half, although it was near impossible to be worse.
Read more: http://wired868.com/2015/10/14/warriors-settle-for-tepid-tie-against-nicaragua-hart-pleased-with-late-showing/
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 02:18:10 AM by Flex »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 14, 2015, 05:03:40 AM »
Please do not underestimate the Sandinistas,they came within seconds of eliminating Jamaica the highest ranked Caribbean team,they also beat Jamaica in Jamaica.I don't see much difference between Jamaica,TT and Nicaragua.We didn't lose,and we kept a clean sheet,that's a plus.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 15, 2015, 09:49:00 AM »
I notice some posters are disappointed with the draw (or maybe have expressed stronger language than that).

Wha wrong wid allyuh?

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 15, 2015, 10:09:03 AM »
Hardly anybody saw this game ,the journalists in TNT being way to harsh on this experimental side.Who would want to go see them play if they say we're playing crap?
The radio commentators were the worst culprits ,and the ttff need to retire Alvin Corneal pronto ,as he has nothing positive to say .How can they promote there brand when there own host telling ppl there not good .
Rehire positive commentators or expect low crowds,we know this team is good so what they had a so so game and had a good goal disallowed ,no one was there you could've said they played great and had 20,000 there the next game .

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 21, 2015, 08:55:08 AM »
Public access to full match available?

1]; } ?>