March 28, 2024, 11:37:34 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (8-Oct-2015)  (Read 34088 times)

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Panama Game (8-Oct-2015)
« Reply #210 on: October 08, 2015, 10:37:25 PM »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 08, 2015, 10:55:29 PM »
I hope the team.....  I'm sure the coach will mention it.... but.....  STOP MISSING SITTERS. 
It should have been 6 - 1...   2 from KJ plus the 2 we miss.   Those goals go in Panama break crowd gorn home. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 08, 2015, 11:32:33 PM »
it's a big win, and the tone of the game was friendly mode, abu baka's goal was brilliant from our one an only corner, the back heel to Jones outside the 18 yrd box was a class goal, as is said in golf,"the game is on the green" so too in football the game comes down to that 18 yrd box area, KJ is a giant on the field an usually runs out of real estate, but once he get the space, he has what it takes, our defence gives up alot of space, and its only left to be seen how we deal with messi type skill, all in all the soca warriors is not a one hit wonder, somebody call putin an tell him, the soca warriors started the march to Russia...

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 09, 2015, 04:50:32 AM »
can anyone post the game? thank you.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 09, 2015, 05:04:00 AM »
Highlights
http://youtu.be/XjYERAaMIjM

And I was apprehensive about criticizing Cyrus too much. You nailed it!! We also need a pair of Keepers. These two are probably the worst since I am following T&T football. We have to find a good backup for Bateau. When he is not around things just seem to fall apart. Maybe the coach can convert a couple of our midfielders to defense. We need better ball handlers and better tacklers on our wing defense.
Hart is good! he is doing a marvelous job with the ingredients that he has at his disposal.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 09, 2015, 05:04:41 AM »
Very important win for the continued progression of this National Team.  :beermug:

I thought the tactics were spot on to match them 4-4-2 and our first goal was link up between Glenn and KJ. 2nd half tactics to go to the 4-4-1-1 also paid dividends with a very bright display from Ceaser off the right causing chaos and should have had a couple assists with the Joevin and Hyland chances.
We fully deserved to be 2-0 up when Abu put it in.

Now... this is something I have seen for a long time but it seems to go unnoticed. Cyrus is a total liability. I could not believe of all people Hart would bring him on with us 2-0 up and in need of CALM and leave Marshall who is very composed on the bench...Cyrus is a loose dog off his leash who breathes chaos and neglects composure. His very presence on the field caused us to become erratic tactically. I wasnt surprised they took full control from there on in and scored 1 shit goal to get back into it.
In the future I do hope we use a better option such as Marshall.

All in all a great result.

Please ! Please ! local fans come out and support the players and staff on Tuesday. Share the info on your social media pages, spread it via email. talk shout , we need to get back the love for the team because they are fighting for us the fans, for the flag and for the country.

VYBEZ IT UP  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 09, 2015, 05:22:34 AM »
Good fighter, but, Mekeil Williams is a problem waiting to happen

does he play left back in guatemala?

Yes, he does.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 09, 2015, 05:28:49 AM »

He got abused in de second half, but he also wasn't getting much help from de midfield.

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 09, 2015, 07:02:56 AM »
Two nice goals from KJ and Bakr , we had some very nervous moments and the back  and got some lucky escapes. I say again we really need to start looking for a better keeper!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 09, 2015, 07:21:17 AM »
Where did Hoyte play , middle with Abu ?

Pick a best starting defense for WC qualifiers (not next friendly )  with position (G + 4 & 2 subs).

Trinidad & Tobago - 1.Marvin Phillip; Jan, G. Hoyte ,J Hoyte; A David,Radanfah Abu Bakr, Sheldon Bateau ,Daneil Cyrus,Mekeil Williams, C Mitchell, A Jones, J Jones, Powers (like he loss in the bamboo)

I think I forgetting somebody .. 

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 09, 2015, 07:59:49 AM »

He got abused in de second half, but he also wasn't getting much help from de midfield.

He was between a rock and a hard place, and in some ways that was the test for him. However, I agree: he was at times exposed to situations in which he was 1v2 plus a 3rd player making a delayed direct run into the space behind him. Tough deal for any human to address "alone".

That was one element of the game that I want to look at again, but in an initial assessment, I would say without question that he's vulnerable to speed and acceleration - even 1v1. And nippy attackers will exist in qualifying. .

However, in the situations in which the dangers developed from us making negative passes, yuh could empathize with him. Since 1v1 is a basic reality in football and incredibly important to resolve, I think we are dealing with a "cooked goose".

Frankly, in some respects, nothing new here. That position would definitely have shown up as an area of vulnerability for us in any opponent's scouting report. My assessment is the job (position) remains available. Hiring manager: S. Hart.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 08:01:37 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 09, 2015, 08:16:40 AM »
Some satisfaction for Gold Cup loss on penalties,very good win against one of the best teams in CONCACAF.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 09, 2015, 08:20:50 AM »
I hope the team.....  I'm sure the coach will mention it.... but.....  STOP MISSING SITTERS.
It should have been 6 - 1...   2 from KJ plus the 2 we miss.   Those goals go in Panama break crowd gorn home.

Partially due to NOT "framing" the goal. But, I think the evidence will show a similar proportion squandered in practice. We have technical issues in this area ... beyond "framing" and on a sophisticated level, framing is a technical consideration.

Also think that a player like Plaza (merely an example) has finishing qualities but lacks in other collective considerations, so we have a situation in which we lose something on one end, to gain something in another.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #223 on: October 09, 2015, 08:38:29 AM »

Pick a best starting defense for WC qualifiers (not next friendly )  with position (G + 4 & 2 subs).

Trinidad & Tobago - 1.Marvin Phillip; Jan, G. Hoyte ,J Hoyte; A David,Radanfah Abu Bakr, Sheldon Bateau ,Daneil Cyrus,Mekeil Williams, C Mitchell, A Jones, J Jones, Powers (like he loss in the bamboo)

I think I forgetting somebody .. 

Nobody cyah tell me where is Primus up to now. He injured? He fall off? He kidnapped? Why he out de picture?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 09, 2015, 09:48:34 AM »
Like Sam still celebrating the win, we ain get his report/rating yet and is almost noon!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: October 09, 2015, 09:51:35 AM »
Probably doing some plumbing  ;D
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 09, 2015, 10:18:01 AM »
The captain put his foot through that ball boy.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 09, 2015, 10:42:45 AM »
Nobody cyah tell me where is Primus up to now. He injured? He fall off? He kidnapped? Why he out de picture?

Primus has been injured for de better part of two years. Since de 2013 OSN Cup in Saudi Arabia, he has probably played about two competitive matches. I heard that he may sign with St. Ann's Rangers this season.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 09, 2015, 10:44:39 AM »

No, he played right back.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #229 on: October 09, 2015, 10:50:39 AM »

Primus has been injured for de better part of two years. Since de 2013 OSN Cup in Saudi Arabia, he has probably played about two competitive matches. I heard that he may sign with St. Ann's Rangers this season.
Thank you, sir.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 09, 2015, 11:36:00 AM »

begs the question, who seemed more effective Justin or Gavin ? of course, in your opinion.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 09, 2015, 12:00:19 PM »

begs the question, who seemed more effective Justin or Gavin ? of course, in your opinion.

Justin is more effective, but then again he is more experienced overall, and he's had more time in Hart's setup, so he's more aware of his role.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 09, 2015, 01:22:48 PM »
Highlights

And I was apprehensive about criticizing Cyrus too much. You nailed it!! We also need a pair of Keepers. These two are probably the worst since I am following T&T football. We have to find a good backup for Bateau. When he is not around things just seem to fall apart. Maybe the coach can convert a couple of our midfielders to defense. We need better ball handlers and better tacklers on our wing defense.
Hart is good! he is doing a marvelous job with the ingredients that he has at his disposal.

well the ttff cannot approach any players sub you know the situation ..
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 09, 2015, 01:55:19 PM »
Highlights

we actually do have three very good back ups for bateau, aubrey david who could play anywhere in defense. in fact he played as a central defender in the caribbean cup final against jamaica last november where he held down speed stars like mc annuff and mattocks and in my point of view he is more effective in that position than mitchell who was suspended for the game and seldon who tends to lose concentration at times.

then we have marshall, he may not be as good as bateau, but he does have some quality in this capacity. then finally we have caryle mitchell who just came off an injury, and i would think by january mitchell would be fit and ready to go.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 10, 2015, 01:00:43 AM »

Absolutely.

(Somewhat lost in the comments is Glenn's decision to lay the ball off for KJ, rather than to attempt to penetrate on his own).

That decision, and the quality of the pass, influenced KJ's "decision" to shoot without taking an additional touch. Both decisions, and the quality of KJ's strike, bought the timing to beat Penedo.

The goal came at a critical moment to deflate what was rising Panamanian confidence.

Off the pitch, it registered with the  many young Panamanian players that hold him in high esteem. Here's a T&T player that is a point of reference for Panama's U16 JNT players. Quite an interesting dynamic.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 01:02:19 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 10, 2015, 07:11:06 PM »

Absolutely.

(Somewhat lost in the comments is Glenn's decision to lay the ball off for KJ, rather than to attempt to penetrate on his own).

That decision, and the quality of the pass, influenced KJ's "decision" to shoot without taking an additional touch. Both decisions, and the quality of KJ's strike, bought the timing to beat Penedo.

The goal came at a critical moment to deflate what was rising Panamanian confidence.

Off the pitch, it registered with the  many young Panamanian players that hold him in high esteem. Here's a T&T player that is a point of reference for Panama's U16 JNT players. Quite an interesting dynamic.

Classy goal, yes the backheel was very well done and made the room for the shot.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 12, 2015, 07:58:26 AM »
Someone posted Cyrus should play at defensive mid. Would like to hear more on this. At the moment, it is inconvenient to locate the post.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 07:37:01 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 12, 2015, 09:10:14 AM »

Absolutely.

and his awareness to not run in an offside position. Liking Glen a lot

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 12, 2015, 11:13:19 AM »

Absolutely.

Noticed that as well. It was clearly on his mind.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 12, 2015, 11:42:18 AM »

:salute:

1]; } ?>