April 19, 2024, 11:05:23 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti Copa Game (08-Jan-2016)  (Read 59026 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sam doh like me I doh like Sam but Sam is talking the truth.

Allyuh voted for the most self centered person to be in charge...something is wrong wid Trinidad people...

I am saying it again...John Wlliams will get rid of Hart by making him very uncomfortable...then he will put his man to run things and then open the doors for capping W Connection players..

All de Naps people feel John Williams is a God ...de man looks only after his own interests....right now the National Team is his interest...

Since when a wicked man like John Williams suddenly decides to give up making profit for doing yeoman service to his country...how could a viper be viper in the morning and something other than a viper in the evening?

People vote for Kamla yuh still surprise bout our people?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Like DJW f00ck them, how we eh hearing no news yet?

Yuh know he does keep everything a secret and if players talk he go blacklist them.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Why is 3 weeks of DJW being compared to 4 years of Tim Kee?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile

I think Sam is very nervous & worried. No money. Audit not done. Nobody knows how bad it really is. PFL on verge of shutting down. Panic setting in .... But iz not just him worrying
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile

Tim Kee f00ck we up real good.

But DJW not letting de public know whats going on.

And he have the money to pay the players.

De team doing good, more money will come.

Once they made it to de Copa America they will get 1 million US.

Come man, pay de fellas.

In de long run it go pay off.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TTFA to meet players’ representatives.
TTFA Media.

The new administration of the Trinidad & Tobago Football Association held its first Board meeting yesterday. The Board had to address many pressing issues arising from the poor financial health of the Association, as mentioned previously, and lack of documentation.

The most critical issue the Board focused on was the stance taken by the National Senior Team (Men). The players, frustrated by the delay in receiving match fees that they were promised under a ‘Gentleman’s Agreement’ by the previous administration, announced that they will not participate in the COPA America qualifying match scheduled for January 8, 2016 in Panama City.

In recognition of the urgency of this matter the Board has mandated a three-person committee comprising of board members (Ms. Joanne Salazar, Mr. Samuel Saunders and Mr. Ewing Davis), to meet with the players’ representatives and negotiate a way forward.

The Board has given the committee a clear mandate with instructions to resolve the matter as soon as possible. To this end we communicated with the identified players’ representatives (Team Captain Kenwyne Jones and Vice Captain Jan Michael Williams) last evening.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Promising. Better than what Jackulito or Uncle Tim would do

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
More money worries for Warriors.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

T&T’s Soca Warriors will not be playing the Copa America play-off against Haiti in January as the confrontation between the Football Association (TTFA) and the national players heightened yesterday.

The Warriors have been calling for match fees for participation in several matches including the Concacaf Gold Cup, an international friendly against Nicaragua and World Cup qualifiers against Guatemala and the United States in November.

Several promises, including payments from gate receipts following the match against the United States in November have not been kept and statements from the recently elected president David John - Williams have left a sour taste in the mouths of the players.

John- Williams’ decision to discuss the match fees at Wednesday’s board meeting was seen as a delaying tactic and the announcement yesterday that a three-man committee has been appointed to resolve the issue, has again been cited as another move to frustrate the players.

“The president has already painted us as greedy men, chasing after money which the Association does not have,” said one player, “But it seems to us that he is simply bent on frustrating us and pushing us in a corner. What we are asking for is what is due  to us. We simply do not understand why there is a need to have a committee to give us what is rightfully due to us.”

The three members of the committee are Joanne Salazar, Samuel Saunders and ex-Secondary Schools Football League president Ewing Davis. They were selected at Wednesday night’s Board meeting and  mandated to resolve the matter as soon as possible.

Contacted yesterday, goalkeeper Jan Michael-Williams said the country will suffer the consequences if the players are not paid their match fees. He said this was likely to affect   the World Cup qualifiers. Michael-Williams said the president knew about the situation before he took office on November 29.

“If they feel to pay the money they will pay, but if they feel not to pay I can tell you that the entire country will suffer as the players will not take the field in the coming World Cup qualifiers,” the goalkeeper said.

Under coach Stephen Hart, the country appears on the way to securing a spot at the World Cup in Russia 2018, a four points from two matches to date from a victory against Guatemala and a draw against the USA.

They will next face the first match against St Vincent and the Grenadines in March. Michael-Williams said no player has been contacted by any member of the committee. “We will listened to what the committee has to say when they meet but it is having a negative effect on us. And that is not right for the country.”

Attempts to contact John-Williams proved futile.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Well its Friday and not a check cut , he set up a committee one week before Christmas , I wonder if DJW and his board getting a paycheck today ? Sure they get the gate monies by now .

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The new emperor is showing the colour of his underwear
Jokes.... :devil:

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stand yuh ground Jan. I mean it.
Tell the TTFA to eff off. This exploitation must end. They looking for you to blink first. Open yuh eye big like Brigo and watch dem in dey face
The footballers by themselves cyah be shouldering the responsibility of keeping these crooks in the TTFA honest. 
The fans and the whole country must take stock of the ugliness made endemic in the kingdom of Jackulito.
We must all suffer together or do some intervention together instead of riding your backs like leaches on a donkey.
Your sacrifice will liberate others coming after, from unending exploitation
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 10:32:04 AM by dreamer »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Exactly like I said, you cannot trust DJW...

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
This is so very unfortunate. As a fan I am both happy that our warriors are making a stance, but at the same time what an opportunity it would have been for our warriors to showcase their talent on a world stage against the best in concacaf and South America. Somethings gotta give...come in DJW...enlighten the fans, why are you so mum on the subject!?
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if we qualify for the COPA will our federation get $1 million US?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This is so very unfortunate. As a fan I am both happy that our warriors are making a stance, but at the same time what an opportunity it would have been for our warriors to showcase their talent on a world stage against the best in concacaf and South America. Somethings gotta give...come in DJW...enlighten the fans, why are you so mum on the subject!?

He is mum because he don't have or is unable to get money.  I stated before, anyone running for the post must have access to lots of money. They can present all their wifi internet portfolio and talk all the business acumen. First and foremost, "you have money? ". Apparently DJW does not have the amount to bailout the TTFA. If this "successful" businessman cannot handle the short term fiscal issue of the TTFA, he is a waste. He has 8 national teams to deal with. He knew this when he was applying for the job. So find the money David.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 11:45:32 AM by Deeks »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

He is mum because he don't have or is unable to get money.  I stated before, anyone running for the post must have access to lots of money. They can present all their wifi internet portfolio and talk all the business acumen. First and foremost, "you have money? ". Apparently DJW does not have the amount to bailout the TTFA. If this "successful" businessman cannot handle the short term fiscal issue of the TTFA, he is a waste. He has 8 national teams to deal with. He knew this when he was applying for the job. So find the money David.

Pay them from his own pocket iz wha yuh saying?

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile

He is mum because he don't have or is unable to get money.  I stated before, anyone running for the post must have access to lots of money. They can present all their wifi internet portfolio and talk all the business acumen. First and foremost, "you have money? ". Apparently DJW does not have the amount to bailout the TTFA. If this "successful" businessman cannot handle the short term fiscal issue of the TTFA, he is a waste. He has 8 national teams to deal with. He knew when he was applying for the job. So find the money David.

I concur, he knew the state of affairs was very deplorable. Ok so you just do not have the money...but as a responsible leader it would behoove him to enlighten the public to his plans, and his proposed negotiations which have been apparently declined by our warriors. The Honorable PM disclosed to the nation that hard times are ahead, and made public his path forward...that is leadership. Mr. DJW, this was your first real test of leadership, and you have failed. Unfortunately this does not foster well for the future, and it appears that you have left a sour taste in the minds of our warriors...and to a further extent the fans.

In nutshell as a fan, me personally would have just liked some communication...hey this is what we proposed, these are the reasons, unfortunately it wasn't accepted, this is the next step...FAIL!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

That is a possibility. Or go to the business community and use the business acumen he presented on his campaign to get the money. What else is there to do? We know the situation with the government. Right now it is only the business community or very rich Trinis in foreign who could pull we out of this mess. Most of the candidates from the just past election, is some form or the other, presented themselves as been able to resolve the TTFA fiscal problems by working close with the business community and government. Well government cut money for carnival. They had to borrow to pay public workers. What else? Let's see if he can live up to the hype.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
It would be disheartening to see this opportunity to qualify for this tournament slip away. I know people would want to blame KJ and company. But the time is now. Settle it once and for all. The other option is to send a second string team and hope. But that in itself will open another can of worms, especially if they were to qualify.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Hope something can be worked out to participate, it will be excellent exposure for the world to see TT can compete at a high level and our participation will be very motivating for our young players!

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Three VP's were elected I wonder what purpose they serve
In these times I would think Collin Murray and Aboud could be of great value
As it's said when the leaders have no vision the people perish,this shit is so sad it's sickening
To much friend friend

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Being sickened to the point of being nauseated on a large scale is what it will take to galvanize the public and then the stakeholders into action to force change
So therefore we need to be actually sickened some more. Therefore another week of efferies before any serious national discussion on the impasse.
Then too late for visas for some to go Panama or some tata of the sort. Well done TTFA.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Being sickened to the point of being nauseated on a large scale is what it will take to galvanize the public and then the stakeholders into action to force change
So therefore we need to be actually sickened some more. Therefore another week of efferies before any serious national discussion on the impasse.
Then too late for visas for some to go Panama or some tata of the sort. Well done TTFA.

Breds, take it from me, getting sick is a waste of time. 

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I was thinking the same thing. After doing some research, I found out that there are no visa requirements for Trinbagonians traveling to Panama. Panama grants Trinbagonians free visa access.. So whatever prevents us from going will be something much more bureaucratic than that.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

kinda puzzling indeed. we cannot expect the Pres to foot the bill/s from his pocket. The role is pres, not financier (anyone see Austin?).

Pres, let us believe in you.. sort this out asap and treat the players + fans with some much needed respect as we move forward.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The time is ripe for us the suffering fans to come together and own the Warriors,using the Green Bay Packers as our model

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
PNM looking good boyz  :beermug:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
PNM looking good boyz  :beermug:

Care to explain?

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The time is ripe for us the suffering fans to come together and own the Warriors,using the Green Bay Packers as our model
one cannot own a national team.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
why should he bail out the TTFA???? that "financial" structure was created by jack to ensure that he maintained control over the TTFA. Players have to be paid yes but I don't think it's an appropriate time to threaten a strike.

1]; } ?>