March 29, 2024, 07:47:56 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti Copa Game (08-Jan-2016)  (Read 58625 times)

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti Copa Game (08-Jan-2016)
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2015, 01:43:13 PM »
Ticketing info request: http://ca2016.com/

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2015, 03:38:48 PM »
The host metropolitan areas and respective stadiums are: Boston (Gillette Stadium), Chicago (Soldier Field), Houston (NRG Stadium), Los Angeles (Rose Bowl), New York (MetLife Stadium), Orlando (Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium), Philadelphia (Lincoln Financial Field), Phoenix (University of Phoenix Stadium), San Francisco (Levi's Stadium) and Seattle (CenturyLink Field). Similar to the FIFA World Cup, each venue will host matches on multiple days through the tournament. Most venues will host at least three games.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2015, 10:17:56 AM »

This game is very important because of what is at stake. T&T should approach this game as if it is a World Cup qualifier or the final of a tournament.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2015, 09:10:17 PM »
Copa America Centenario 2016
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/exj2RH9etg4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/exj2RH9etg4</a>

Warriors get ready!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T Senior Men's National Team opt out of Copa América Centenario playoff match
Kenwyne Jones Media

Captain of the Trinidad and Tobago Men's Senior Football Team, Kenwyne Jones, has indicated that the entire Trinidad and Tobago Senior Men's National squad has opted out of their next international match against Haiti for the highly-anticipated CONCACAF Game. The team was carded to participate in the Copa América Centenario Berth match, scheduled for January 8th 2016, at the Estadio Rommel Fernandez in Panama City, Panama.

Speaking on behalf of his distressed teammates, Jones explains that the reason is due to the outstanding disbursement of monies to the Warriors squad from the Trinidad & Tobago Football Association. "We were promised months ago that a payment would be made to the boys after the last game (the World Cup Qualifier against USA in November). To date, unfortunately that arrangement has not been honoured, and based on recent discussions with the TTFA, there is no indication as to when these financial matters will be settled."

The captain cites the decision as an unfortunate development on all fronts, as the players have consistently sacrificed their personal and professional schedules to produce commendable performances over the last two years with limited resources. "Of course, we want to play. We want to represent our country to the best of our abilities. We have a talented squad that is eager to give their all. But this is also our livelihood. The conditions must change for our national athletes."

He and the squad continue to be overwhelmed by the ongoing support from fans, particularly at the last two World Cup qualifying matches against Guatemala and the USA respectively. "The support that we've seen from supporters has only made the decision not to play even more difficult and disappointing for the team."

Jones, along with the T&T Senior Men's National team, is hopeful that a resolution is swift and forthcoming. "Above all else, we never want to disappoint our fans, and we hope that they understand our decision."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Never a dull moment in Trinidad and Tobago Football.

I am glad that the players are taking a stand, and i fully expect newly elected President David J Williams to treat this matter with the utmost importance.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Why does this f**king crap always happen,JW gone,this one gone,that one tek over...still de same shit.
Lord have bloody mercy![/b]

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Never a dull moment in Trinidad and Tobago Football.

I am glad that the players are taking a stand, and i fully expect newly elected President David J Williams to treat this matter with the utmost importance.

ah love it!!

Look out for W Connection masquerading as T&T at this tournament.  2 birds with one stone.....Shahdon Winchester gets to be on de National team and Stuart Charles returns as National team coach  :)

Watch de proceedings
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile

Look out for W Connection masquerading as T&T at this tournament.  2 birds with one stone.....Shahdon Winchester gets to be on de National team and Stuart Charles returns as National team coach  :)

Watch de proceedings

I'm done with Trinidad and Tobago football if that happens
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Unless all the ball pyongs feel collective pain, disappointment and pass it onto Mr cover-up-Fuentes, then the TTFA, then nothing will be done
Unless Sam start cussin' and losing his mind and gentlemanly Deeks jumps into the fray, as a barometer of massive fan disappointment then nothing will change. At least DJW will listen and ask for help as opposed to Uncle Tim who would have said 4k
The leeches who planned to benefit from travel agency, marketing their products in USA, telev rights, media sales had we participated would now say "Shite! How allyuh could do we dat? How can we lobby for a resolution by the stakeholders?"
Correct move by KJ. No fairness, 4k de football. Seriously. Hard luck for Flex, Tallman, Tony Harford, Field of Dreams, Scoreboard and all other well intentioned contributors. Collective pain must be felt.
T&T must learn to grow up and value human resources. If not face painful consequences.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 04:30:41 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
What a f00cking shame.

Tim Kee left we like how Jack Warner left we.

And now John Williams will not mind because W Connection go end up playing Haiti, better for him.

Jones boy, I eh blame yuh.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Good opportunity for the newly elected to show what he is capable of doing. A resolution will be swift and forthcoming. We will play the game with the team we have grown to love in recent months.

KJ wants to ensure that the time he spends away from Cardiff will be worth it for him. This might be a sign that Cardiff has given KJ the go ahead to play in the Copa playoff.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
The TTFA made 1.2 million dollars profit from the Women's game when he played Ecuador and tickets were just $100.00 TTD each.

When the men team played USA last month we had a sold out stadium at higher priced tickets.

My question is.

Where did the money go from the USA game?

300 covered stands and 150 uncovered, do the math.

I am sure DJW will work on this right away.

Give him some time, even though it should not have reached this stage.

Didn't the government put aside millions for sports? or is all going for the olympic team?

Darryl Smith need to wake up.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 04:50:02 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I dont understand. The TTFA cannot complain they don't have enough money to pay players. The Ministry of Sport has allocated millions towards sport and footballl, national games for both men and women teams have been sold out. Why can't we just be professional and do what s right? steupse  >:(
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 04:58:00 PM by Sando prince »

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pay or no play! Soca Warriors threaten strike for Copa America play off
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

The Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team have delivered a stark, public message to the new administration of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA): Pay or we won’t play!
In a press release, delivered by national captain Kenwyne Jones’ publicist, Tenille Clarke, the “Soca Warriors” have threatened to withdraw their services for next month’s Copa América Centenario Play Off against Haiti unless the TTFA satisfies its debt to the players.
Trinidad and Tobago are due to face Haiti on 8 January 2016 at the Estadio Rommel Fernandez in Panama City, Panama with the winner advancing to the 2016 Copa América competition.
However, the Warriors are still owed match fees for last month’s Russia 2018 World Cup qualifiers against Guatemala and the United States and for a friendly against Nicaragua in October.
Jones, who said he was speaking on behalf of his “distressed teammates”, said it was a collective stance.
“We were promised months ago that a payment would be made to the boys after the last game (against the United States on November 17),” said Jones, via press release. “To date, unfortunately that arrangement has not been honoured, and based on recent discussions with the TTFA, there is no indication as to when these financial matters will be settled.”
The stance is a significant broadside to new TTFA president David John-Williams, who was only elected on 29 November 2015.
Williams, who relinquished his role as W Connection president after the elections, was the employer of two national senior team players—Daneil Cyrus and Mekeil Williams, who are both out on loan—up until a month ago. And another five Warriors including the national captain are former Connection players.
His history with the national players now appears unlikely to be an asset during his presidency.
Williams countered that Jones has not contacted him since he became TTFA president  and the debt to the players is an inherited issue, which, after less than two weeks on the job, he is still coming to grips with.
Former TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee, who is also the Port of Spain mayor and PNM treasurer, and his estranged general secretary Sheldon Phillips oversaw the deal with the Warriors. But, although there were over 20,000 spectators at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, the TTFA did not honour its arrangement with the Warriors.
Phillips was fired before the United States match and was replaced by acting general secretary Paula Chester-Cumberbatch.
Read more: http://wired868.com/2015/12/10/pay-or-no-play-soca-warriors-threaten-strike-for-copa-america-play-off/

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

But I understand their plight. John-Williams knew what he was getting into. He needs to use his "influence" to straighten out this long lasting comesse. NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Incredibly hasty.  Match was three weeks ago, money ent yet finish counting and already the players bawling "strike."  Man ent even spend a good night in the marital bed and honeymoon over yes, lol.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne and dem setting out they stall for the new administration. That is all.

Collecting the money from the ticket outlets etc takes time. Plus with the elections going on and the transition, it easy to see how there might be a delay.

But with this stance KJ and team letting them know what time it is for now and the future. They should use this opportunity to look to get FPATT off the ground here and perhaps some kind of collective bargaining for national team players and pro league players in T&T.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
A nex blacklist coming up?  ;D

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Heard Jan Michael Williams tonight saying that from information gathered that the outstanding money from the ticket sales were only finished being collected today from the outlets. Had to rush off to work so didn't hear the full thing. Sad though.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Watch de proceedings

I'm done with Trinidad and Tobago football if that happens

I heard that on Nov.19,1989 right after de U.S game and there after for many fans.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 03:16:31 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
They should use this opportunity to look to get FPATT off the ground here and perhaps some kind of collective bargaining for national team players and pro league players in T&T.

The govt teams can't join FPATT. They already have a job.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stuueeps...... Yes Kenwyne we know you are the leader on the side... No need to pee on everything prematurely.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
To me...KJ and the players not peein on anyting prematurely or anything like that.

The players have been conditioned to act this way by their Federation

Players, coaches, administrative staff have all had to put up with empty promises for eons.

Players have had $$$ promised to them significantly reduced.

They've been blacklisted

Coaches have not been paid to this day

There is always some cass cass about $$$ and the players.  This is their livelihood and is only excuse after excuse

The ONLY TIME things appear to get done is when they take some sort of unified action.  And of course that is more stress.

Once again they're told they will be paid and still nothing.  If the TTFA is depending solely on gate receipts to pay the players, what about all of their other debts?

I can't blame the players here.  They playing the only card they know that will get results. 

And that card was dealt to them by the TTFA, Ministry of Sport etc.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Good move KJ...

I tell some hard head men on here that the players will strike if this nonsense continues with ttfa and now it's extended to the pnm as well..

Fed up of these men masquerading like they know what they are doing... John better get he business in order and I don't want to see a w connection team nor Charles as coach.. Or I will be done with Trinidad football, and plenty people I know will also be done...

What happen to the glorious new government... Smith can't get rowley to approve funding and write a cheque to the team?

A serious matter like this needs addressing immediately so we can play this playoff.. The players deserve better than this and I don't blame them at all for striking ...

« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 11:47:35 PM by Controversial »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Good move KJ...

I tell some hard head men on here that the players will strike if this nonsense continues with ttfa and now it's extended to the pnm as well..

Fed up of these men masquerading like they know what they are doing... John better get he business in order and I don't want to see a w connection team nor Charles as coach.. Or I will be done with Trinidad football, and plenty people I know will also be done...

What happen to the glorious new government... Smith can't get rowley to approve funding and write a cheque to the team?

A serious matter like this needs addressing immediately so we can play this playoff.. The players deserve better than this and I don't blame them at all for striking ...

You does still wonder why people in here think you crazy?  :rotfl:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Good move KJ...

Fool... When the cabinet approve funding for sport, it includes football... When that money getting disperse? When the government writing that cheque for football? It has been allocated and the mos got his budget, where the hell is the money idiot?

Laugh like a fool and watch our football burn and people does wonder why man does catch they tail when they so harden ...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Good move KJ...

Fool... When the cabinet approve funding for sport, it includes football... When that money getting disperse? When the government writing that cheque for football? It has been allocated and the mos got his budget, where the hell is the money idiot?

Laugh like a fool and watch our football burn and people does wonder why man does catch they tail when they so harden ...

Contro we know you anti-PNM but the Minister should not do the  job as the President of the TTFA. There are ways he can influence football and use his office to ensure things are being done but he definitely should not cut a cheque for football players. The Ministry job has been to distribute funding to different sporting organisations and because of this they have the influence to hold them accountable but you want them to actually bypass the sporting organisation and cut cheques to individual players?   :rotfl:

And hear you talking about Rowley too  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 11:59:10 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Good move KJ...

So you opened your hole to make a claim the TTFA has not received funding from the Ministry since the previous budget?  :D

1]; } ?>